Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If you are a Meteor mobile phone customer, you can now get Eir sport for free on your phone, which includes BT sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not sure if this has been posted before, but 30 Nigerian United supporters were electrocuted last night watching the 2nd leg against Anderlecht.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/855359766205431809
    Our thoughts go out to the United fans, their friends and families affected by the tragedy in Calabar, Nigeria, yesterday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4432178/Man-Utd-offer-sympathy-30-Nigerian-fans-killed.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Zlatan has been ruled out for the rest of season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

RobertKK wrote: »
    If you are a Meteor mobile phone customer, you can now get Eir sport for free on your phone, which includes BT sport.

Have you got a link about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How ?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How ?
    astradave wrote: »
    Have you got a link about this?

From email I got today
    Hi there,

Here's some great news! As Meteor is part of the eir family we can now give you free access to the eir Sport app, so you can watch all the sports you love with no streaming charges. Our way of saying thanks for being with Meteor.

With the eir Sport app you'll get 7 great sporting channels, so you'll never miss a moment of sporting action.

There is an app for it, eir sport, just mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jayo26 wrote: »
    Zlatan has been ruled out for the rest of season :(

I'd have been shocked to hear anything else to be honest.

From email I got today

There is an app for it, eir sport, just mobile.

Yeah I just seen it on their site. I downloaded the app but it won't let me log in. Saying my credentials are wrong(they are right). I'll leave it a while and try again

Yeah I just seen it on their site. I downloaded the app but it won't let me log in. Saying my credentials are wrong(they are right). I'll leave it a while and try again

I got onto their online chat to sort out MyMeteor, and got it working.

I got onto their online chat to sort out MyMeteor, and got it working.

That's too much bloody work :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Espin saying January would be earliest Ibra would return :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Di Marizo saying Ibra tore both his ACL and PCL, you'd have to wonder at his age that might be his career in top flight football. Dual tears are more difficult to rehab, as if it was just an ACL he could begin rehab immediately after surgery but the additional tear complicate things.

Hopefully he comes back stronger and gets to draw the curtain on his career on his own terms. Looking at a year minimum though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lord TSC wrote: »

Most likely we won't see him for us again, if ever.

Terrible way to end his career if that's the case.

• Lord TSC wrote: »

Jaysus

I'd say he could be moved on. I fear that's his last game for Utd.

Rashfords time to shine but i expect another striker to be purchased in the summer

If his career is over (and it certainly seems safe to say his time as a starter is gone, and we now will be having a big discussion about a top level striker this summer...), I hope we offer him a behind the scenes role and keep his winning attitude at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Walking around the dressing room after tearing both his cruciates? I find that hard to believe.
    Hopefully it's not as bad as it looked and reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

What a shame :(

Jose will definitely be bringing in a striker this summer then. Lukaku please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Awfully sad way to end his stint with the club, if indeed it is the end. That being said, he will go down as a great signing. Confidence, leadership, charisma - exactly what the club needed. Brilliant to have him around the club too for younger lads.

Now is the time for Martial and Rashford to step forward. Between now and the end of the season they will never get a better opportunity to nail down a spot in the first team.

Rashford seems to already be taking his chance. Let's hope Martial can follow suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

kona wrote: »
    Walking around the dressing room after tearing both his cruciates? I find that hard to believe.
    Hopefully it's not as bad as it looked and reported.

Both?

I've known people that did the ACL and didn't have surgery for months, they could still get around unaided albeit slowly.

IMO he is also the type of guy that wouldn't want to show any kind of weakness in public so would soldier on even if he was banjaxed.

Would be a sad end to his career, never mind his career with us.

• Advertisement

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Both?

I've known people that did the ACL and didn't have surgery for months, they could still get around unaided albeit slowly.

IMO he is also the type of guy that wouldn't want to show any kind of weakness in public so would soldier on even if he was banjaxed.

Would be a sad end to his career, never mind his career with us.

Yeah he did the acl and pcl apparantley.

I hope it's not the end of him at United, awful way to end it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Yeah he did the acl and pcl apparantley.

I hope it's not the end of him at United, awful way to end it.
    If he has done both he will be lucky to be playing within 12 months so I would be shocked if he plays for United again .Could be the end of his career which would be a real pity.

Hopefully United can lift the EL trophy and he will be involved in the celebrations.

A huge few weeks for Rashford and Martial now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Really hope thats not the end of Ibra's playing career,be a cruel way to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

F*cking sick in the stomach hearing that, no way for that man to potentially end a career on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Terrible news regarding zlatan. Was a joy to watch him in a united shirt. Super player and a credit to himself the way he carried himself and expectations he brought to the club. Wish him a speedy recovery but cant see how he will ever play for the club again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

If you're a Meteor bill pay customer on a €45/€55/€65 per month plan you can now get Eir sport free. Always read the small print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Wow. 2 huge losses at both end's of the pitch. Can see it all imploding now. We need Smalling or Jones back asap! Has this ever happened before? Can't recall in my time watching 2 ACL ruptures in one game!

Delboy5 wrote: »

Wtf were the physios at, rojo tore his cruciate and they left him on the pitch to run it off?
    Ibrahimovic walking around the dressing room after?

That's absolutely shocking carry on.

• Advertisement

Delboy5 wrote: »

Rojo till September is a killer too :(

Transfer window has become more vital now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's a shame Rojo's out until September, what as loss, he's really improved under Jos?, as for Zlatan at his age, ACL & PCL tear, ****ty way to end a career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I thought a CB would be signed this summer anyways but a big blow to lose Rojo on a long lay off.A top class striker will be bought for sure now.
    Going to be another huge transfer window for United with probably 4 very important positions needing recruitments.

Wtf were the physios at, rojo tore his cruciate and they left him on the pitch to run it off?

I personally don't think he did it in the first challenge. He seemed to be clutching his thigh/hamstring after that one and it was the collision with Bailly that injured his knee

I personally don't think he did it in the first challenge. He seemed to be clutching his thigh/hamstring after that one and it was the collision with Bailly that injured his knee

You could be right, terrible luck if that true. He looked awful going into that tackle , hobbling into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

**** **** ****ITY ****. I could just about take Zlatans injury with the potential for rashford to grow and give us more pace and dynamism up front but Rojo just takes the biscuit. Smalling or Jones r gonna have to step up fast! Wrap the rest of the key players in wool, the way I see it we have 3 games left this season. Need to some how get through it and win that Europa League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I wonder what the next step will be in Zlatan's career. I don't think Jose will sign him on for another year if he's not gonna be available even though he's a great figure to have around especially for the youngsters. I'd hate for Zlatan to hang up his boots but it's also a strong possibility. He could be without a club next season

Well at seems that Shaw has gained Mourinho's trust anyways:
    Jose Mourinho praised the mentality of Luke Shaw and Marcus Rashford after Man Utd's nervy Europa League quarter-final victory over Anderlecht on Thursday.

Rashford struck the winner in extra-time to send United through 3-2 on aggregate following a 2-1 victory, while Shaw played all 120 minutes and put in an impressive performance at Old Trafford.

Mourinho said Shaw played through the pain barrier, something that the manager was delighted with, and also insisted Rashford's attitude is the reason he has been played so much despite going through a barren period of scoring form before this month.

"I always trust the players with special mentality," Mourinho said. "Always trust them. Luke Shaw did something new today, it means a lot for me.

"After 90 minutes, before I know that I have to change Zlatan, he had cramp, I had Ashley Young ready to come on, and he told me I'm going to play for 30 minutes with cramps, no problem.

"He said if you need to make a change in another position I am ready for it.

"These kind of things make me trust the players. There are technical aspects, but the mentality is the reason why I kept Marcus on the team all the time, because of that.

"At the performance level, he was months without scoring, but my trust on the boy is always based on his mentality. We have great examples of fighters, with the right mentality."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Man United have never been a club to rest players and go all out, but this is different.

The injuries are crippling us. Dont care about league. Play kids if have to. I know, I feel dirty saying it, but this is just a injury crisis now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You can walk around fine after for a bit until the swelling starts. Not much medical staff can do to evaluate it without an MRI. The only person who'd know is the player, as the pop when it ruptures is very noticeable (and audible), but I'd imagine that they might not even notice in the heat of the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

At 35, that's a career ender for pretty much any player. For Zlatan, who is in phenomenal shape, I have some hope of a recovery.

Really ****ty for him.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    You can walk around fine after for a bit until the swelling starts. Not much medical staff can do to evaluate it without an MRI. The only person who'd know is the player, as the pop when it ruptures is very noticeable (and audible), but I'd imagine that they might not even notice in the heat of the moment.

Roy Keane certainly knew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Think I'd rather Fosu Mensah play centre back instead of Blind.
    He impressed last season there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm assuming we won't renew the contract but as people have said, hopefully he stays around or we help him with his rehab/recovery until fit and he can decide what to do next

Would we change to 3 at the back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Lukker- wrote: »

I did mine although the pop was very noticeable and audible and extremely sore, I actually thought I'd broke my leg, the pain went after about 30 seconds and I got up to play on and then ten minutes later my leg swelled up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

United schadenfreude is probably my number 1 past time but I can't believe how mildly gutted I am over that injury news [I'm a Liverpool fan].

That is very, very unlucky especially with a chance of winning the Europa league. I would have been crushed if that had happened to let's say Coutinho and Milner at the same stage last season. Although of course we didn't go on to win it all my optimism would have been gone.

You have my sympathies guys, but that will probably wear off soon enough and I'll be delighted to see your next team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

For both players I'm gutted for them (Rojo and Zlatan) if their injuries end their season.

But, I think Rojo is more missed right now. I honestly think Zlatan should have been subbed the other night and that would have saved him from injury but I'm beginning to believe it's in his contract to play and not be subbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There was a story the other day that one of the MLS teams wanted Zlatan and were prepared to loan him back as their season kicks off later than in England.
    Perhaps this deal will go ahead without the loan option,the length of his time out would take in the period when the MLS is in the off season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Manchester United have scored just once in their last four league games at Turf Moor, with that goal coming from Lou Macari in a 1-0 win in April 1976.

In fairness,we don't face Burnley too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »
    There was a story the other day that one of the MLS teams wanted Zlatan and were prepared to loan him back as their season kicks off later than in England.
    Perhaps this deal will go ahead without the loan option,the length of his time out would take in the period when the MLS is in the off season.

Id say this is what will happen but wont sign anything until he is fit it wouod be a massive PR gamble for an mls team to sign him and he wasn't fir to start next new season for one reason or another.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement