Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Jaysus that was some ending to the game!!!

European football is the sh*t!!! Not a good performance but fcuk it we're through and that's all that matters. CMON UNITED!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

adox wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about Blind and have them both in there ahead of him.

Blind will boss it against his old club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I don't think I have ever been more pissed off with a winning game.

****ing pathetic **** show. The scared tactics are a joke and the players have 13 days to remove their heads from their asses and remember how to attack and not just invite ****ing pressure

**** me if Guidetti was half as good as Bendtner we were ****ed, to quote Dunphy "shambles"

Rant over

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Why would Griezemann or anyone else join a team sent out to play this brand of football

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Final in 2 weeks. 2 weeks for Smalling and Jones to get their sh1t together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭BenK

The end will hopefully justify the means this season but these types of performances need to be massively improved on next season.

Ajax have limped into the final too so that's a positive. Losing Bailly is a big blow though.

Great to be in another final all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Could see that finale coming all 2nd half. If Mourinho made some positive changes such as Mata and Carrick on then perhaps we could have got some control, and seen the game out like a top side. Final is massive but it's hard to have faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

thelad95 wrote: »
    Ah lads, that was shocking stuff, why do we make things so hard for ourselves.

I feel genuinely gutted for Celta Vigo, you can visibly tell that that game and indeed this competition meant a million times more to them than our players.

The better team has gone through. Celta showed nothing in the first leg and deserved to be a couple down from that leg alone. United clear and deserving winners of this tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Oh yeah, any chance Bailly can get that red rescinded? It was nothing, I thought Valencia was probably in more trouble

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

edgecutter wrote: »
    Not a hope, all three give me nightmares but Jones and Smalling have too many brainfarts.

Blind is the worst CB of the first team regulars imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

My word we were brutal tonight. They had multiple chances and are very average. More of the same against Ajax. Hopefully we can do it. Shame about Bailly but you just can't raise your hand. Dumb and dumber could be our centre back pairing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Forget the performance for a while and be happy we are in a European final.

And

We don't have to play it in Old Trafford :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I'd love to know what was said that made Bailly react like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭BenK

Chris Sutton is painful to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Is the final on FTA TV ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Don't care how we win this competition as long as we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Why take off Miki and bring on Carrick? Why not bring on Martial instead? Fergie would never have made that mistake. Got through by the skin of our teeth on the back of that decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Football....bloody hell

Oh yeah, any chance Bailly can get that red rescinded? It was nothing, I thought Valencia was probably in more trouble

Not a hope I'd say. Raised hand. Not a lot in it but no way that's being rescinded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Stumbled over the line but dont give a toss we are threw now and have a final to look forward too.

• Advertisement

Doubt it but they should risk the added game for frivolous appeal and try their luck anyways, only one game left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Or wtf is wrong with us at home? We are the bollox on the road but at home we have no balls and it was the same again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That Gudetti miss has made many men **** themselves tonight. Holy f**k!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sirsok wrote: »
    Football....bloody hell

Ain't that the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

That was sickening. A failed tap in away from it all crumbling down around us. One game left now which makes or breaks our season. I'm nervous now already. I think we could be playing a Sunday League team and still make it a hard game. It's truly awful watching United at Old Trafford.

Herrera is so good at interviews. Speaks great truth. Bailly is an absolute moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

madcabbage wrote: »

He lost me few pounds in weight so I can be thankful to him for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Such a roar I let out. Blessed

kstand wrote: »
    Why take off Miki and bring on Carrick? Why not bring on Martial instead? Fergie would never have made that mistake. Got through by the skin of our teeth on the back of that decision.

The tide was already against us before that substitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Is the final on FTA TV ?
    TV3 I'm almost certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Great interview from Herrara, oozes passion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I'd love to know what was said that made Bailly react like that.

Yeah there must have been something because even Val was getting involved and that's unlike him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I've been watching the replay of the red cards incident. It looks to me like Guidetti said something like "Don't be such a bitch" but it's odd that Bailly and Valencia both reacted so strongly to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

One game for Champions League qualification but in my head I can't stop thinking what happens if Ajax go a goal up.

Zero confidence we cud score 2.

Id be more worried if we score early in the final,on with reverse lights then,back it up lads,what we have we hold

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I've been watching the replay of the red cards incident. It looks to me like Guidetti said something like "Don't be such a bitch" but it's odd that Bailly and Valencia both reacted so strongly to it.

Brian Kerr thought Valencia had "done" him

"He's done him Des"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Forget Guidetti, the guy who crossed it had Romero beaten had he gone to the far corner.

Tye most over used ohrase in here... fergie would not of made that mistake.

Fergie made plenty of mistakes so has jose but both of their records speak for themselves.

Anyone see aspas trying to eye gouge Valencia after he pushed guedete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Not a hope are they rescinding that. Both were red cards. He went down like an embarrassing bag of ****e but that's beside the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Could have been something racist, they both seemed fairly pissed.

thelad95 wrote: »
    Forget Guidetti, the guy who crossed it had Romero beaten had he gone to the far corner.

Still can't believe he didn't go for it himself!!!

I was screaming the house down in those last few seconds!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

kstand wrote: »
    That's just not true. Looking back at the fergie era with rose tinted glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I'd say Jose can't believe how bad this squad is.

Lost 4lbs in weight in that 2 hours.

Need new shorts and jersey is bit wet

#bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »

Fergie made plenty of mistakes so has jose but both of their records speak for themselves.

With his trailing arm into the face behind his back? Yup!

We need to strengthen if we are in CL next season but some of our current players need to up their game big time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

It's a very good squad.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »

About 1.09 into the gif you can see him looking back and trying to gouge him

https://streamable.com/o9urh

Asspas lucky boy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

astradave wrote: »

Na not a gouge IMO, not sure what he was trying to do

Edit: sorry thought you meant bailly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,660 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Sh*t on a stick.

But at least we recognise it for what it is.

There is a massive jump to get from where we are to where we need to be if the CL (should we get there) isn't to be a chastening experience.

astradave wrote: »

I know seen it on the replay not one person mentioned it on bt.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement