Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Smalling and Jones need to be cut loose for next season.

Yup they need to kick off their sunday shoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Headshot wrote: »
    Yup they need to kick off their sunday shoes

Jeez Louise

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Rooney is so off pace and so slow with his reaction time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Rooney needs to be hooked at half time. He's a liability out there today for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hey credit where its due Rooney actually got the man. Unlike his 6 "tackles" against Arsenal that were so late the entire region of the pitch was totally empty when he slid in.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Hey credit where its due Rooney actually got the man. Unlike his 6 "tackles" against Arsenal that were so late the entire region of the pitch was totally empty when he slid in.

Ha ha brilliant

Martial feeding off scraps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Was it just me or did Martial look incredibly slow there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Nice ball by Rooney there, why didn't Bailly shoot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Only positive is we're not further behind, we're a shambles.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Why not shoot sweet Jesus!!!

• Hococop wrote: »
    Martial feeding off scraps

Same formation
    Same tactics

Striker starved of service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Missed the first half, what formation are we actually playing ?

Looks like a horribly unbalanced side put out by Mourinho as bad as some the the teams put out by Moyes & LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    This game sums up why Jones Smalling cannot play against Ajax

How exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

beno619 wrote: »

Looks like a horribly unbalanced side put out by Mourinho as bad as some the the teams put out by Moyes & LVG.

He is resting players in a competition which has become secondary to us. Shock, horror.

Many of the starters today will not be at the club next season.

It's bad but if we win the Europa then I couldn't care less to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

De Gea sensational once again. Has to be between the sticks against Ajax!

• beno619 wrote: »

Pretty much

What I don't understand is what has Jose to to lose here?
    Why not set up positively when ultimately the result doesn't really matter.

It's been getting worse the last few games

Up until the Chelsea game the tactics have been of a more positive approach. It's just regressed now game by game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Actually can't believe there will be people sitting watching this justifying the Europa league as an excuse for this sort of performance.

Whatever about whatever, the minimum I expect from my team is some heart and being able to tackle.

Getting passed around here like fools and no one can even put in a tackle. A little reminder it's Manchester United they are playing

Midfield just getting run past. Carrick again showing he's past it for what our squad needs. Great against rubbish sides picking passes and just a total passenger against a decent team.

Only space I'm taking from this is about four of this starting eleven won't be there next season.

• Mokuba wrote: »
    He is resting players in a competition which has become secondary to us. Shock, horror.

Many of the starters today will not be at the club next season.

It's bad but if we win the Europa then I couldn't care less to be honest.

You can rest players but still setup the team in a positive manner
    I don't buy that excuse

• Advertisement

Rooney will be sent off in the second half if he isn't hooked imo.

Feel sorry for Martial up there all on his own with the rest of the team camped near the 18 yard box.

Spurs want it more. First to everything. Utd look like they aren't too bothered about the game. Also too many slow players in the team for ff drive counter attacking football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You can rest players but still setup the team in a positive manner
    I don't buy that excuse

If we set up in a positive manner it would be worse.

Tottenham are head and shoulders better than what we have out there right now. You might find it hard to accept, but we regressed for 3 years while they came on leaps and bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Worries me that we are clearly putting all our eggs into one basket that being the Ajax game - and going into it with no form

Get Rooney and Smalling off. Get McTominay and Mitchell on.

Put Tuanzebe CB where he belongs.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Actually can't believe there will be people sitting watching this justifying the Europa league as an excuse for this sort of performance.

Whatever about whatever, the minimum I expect from my team is some heart and being able to tackle.

Getting passed around here like fools and no one can even put in a tackle. A little reminder it's Manchester United they are playing

Midfield just getting run past. Carrick again showing he's past it for what our squad needs. Great against rubbish sides picking passes and just a total passenger against a decent team.

Only space I'm taking from this is about four of this starting eleven won't be there next season.

Harsh on Carrick considering his midfield partners are Tuanzebe (playing totally out of position) and Rooney (5mins from any position). Any midfielder would be exposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Mokuba wrote: »

I have no problem with players being rested but surely we have a few decent reserves that would do a decent job today. Far too many players out of position going by the scores app.

Again what formation are we playing ?

• Advertisement

• Mokuba wrote: »
    If we set up in a positive manner it would be worse.

Tottenham are head and shoulders better than what we have out there right now. You might find it hard to accept, but we regressed for 3 years while they came on leaps and bounds.

We did the same against Arsenal
    We did the same against Celta Vigo

How do you know it would be worse? We invited Spurs on from the get go. That's why we deserved to conceed.

There is still a decent team there who have lined out and on there day can definitely beat Spurs if approached in the correct manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Absolutely hopeless under high balls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

And that's game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

beno619 wrote: »
    I have no problem with players burnt like being rested but surely we have a few decent reserves that would do a decent job today. Far too many players out of position going by the scores app.

Again what formation are we playing ?
    4-2-3-1

Pathetic

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Smalling again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

I think I will turn this sh*te off. More fun cleaning out the shed.

5 center backs.....cant defend a free.

Jaysus if we going to lose at least let's play attacking football and go down with a fight. This negative ****e were we're being played off the park and going to lose anyway is just awful to watch.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Didn't think it was a free but awful defending again.

All from our throw in where a Spurs player just ran in and took the ball when Utd were like statues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

And to think we have to rely on these 2 "center backs" for the final.

I try not to think of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Had a feeling this game be a mess glad didn't bother watching it now!

What a ****ing joke these last few years have been....

Starting to forget the Manchester United I used to love watching and supporting.

Weather our results improve and we win things again I genuinely don't think we will ever be as good and as great to watch as we where in the Fergie days.

It's a distance memory unfortunately now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Watch Jose after the game say he's very proud of the boys and the performance. We just can't approach these games so negatively with these bunch of players. There's only one outcome

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    And to think we have to rely on these 2 "center backs" for the final.

I try not to think of it

You know rojo an acl injury is not that bad, I think you will be fit to play haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Hopefully the dying days of the Smalling and Rooney era

No way Rooney could get into Everton's team

• Advertisement

Yearning for the glory days where we had Berbatov CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Starting to forget the Manchester United I used to love watching and supporting.

Weather our results improve and we win things again I genuinely don't think we will ever be as good and as great to watch as we where in the Fergie days.

When did you start supporting United ...1999 ? ...man up !!!...through thick and thin.

Only a case of how many now at this stage.

Love to hear Fergie's thoughts.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Whatever happens in the transfer window I hope we have a bit of back bone and don't bend over to clubs when we need to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

TheDoc wrote: »

Can't believe you actually support United cause all you ever do is criticise players and manager. Why don't you try to actually support the club instead of trying to sound high and mighty about how your standards are higher than others and all that blah. If you can't understand some of us accepted the league campaign was a bust a month or so ago then wise up. Winning the Europa is the only thing that matters now to salvage a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Watch Jose after the game say he's very proud of the boys and the performance. We just can't approach these games so negatively with these bunch of players. There's only one outcome

I genuinely don't think that the approach today is a negative one. The players are just not performing. The passing is poor, the shooting off target as always. Have a look at Spurs, every shot is testing DDG, every pass is performed perfectly.

The older pros should have a long hard look at themselves when Rashford comes on and actually starts going directly at players and trying to create good angles for a pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

When did you start supporting United ...1999 ? ...man up !!!...through thick and thin.

I'm 31 I starting supporting the club when I was about 7.

Its okay to be realistic ya know.

Hococop wrote: »
    Whatever happens in the transfer window I hope we have a bit of back bone and don't bend over to clubs when we need to buy

Think that ship has sailed, we've vastly overpaid on almost every transfer in the last 4 years.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Subs make no sense

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Bring on Ander and Mikhi in a game we are losing and that means nothing, wtf Jose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement