Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedplay Compatibility

Options
  • 20-04-2017 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Recently got a new pair of Speedplay Zero Cr-Mo Pedals with the walkable cleats

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/speedplay-zero-cr-mo-pedal-set-536708/wg_id-1324

and used them with older Zero Cr-Mo pedals for the first time at Tuesday club racing. Twice foot came out while sprinting. Tightened the cleat float adjuster screws so that there is less float but the same thing happened today.

I was surprised at how easily they clip in to the pedals. With previous sets it was a real effort.

Anyway I'm worried about them coming out when sprinting and wondering has anyone else noticed the same thing ?

They do clearly state that with the walkable cleats you cannot mix cleat bits from older versions and I have not done that. Nothing is mentioned about older pedals of the same type and I bought them on the assumption that pedals are interchangeable. Basically I've 2 sets of shoes and 2 sets of pedals which I want to be able to use either set of shoes with either set of pedals.

Advertisement