Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal Advice planning to sue employer

• 20-04-2017 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, looking for some advice please. Have been with current employer for 10+ years and during this time I was instructed to commit fraud for huge profit gains for the company, I never benefited from this personally. I finally got the courage to speak to my boss two years ago and bascislly he told me to continue to do what I was doing and all would be ok.

Well two years on I've been demoted, bullied, forced to take a huge drop in salary, over €25k, been singled out for humiliation in front of my work colleagues, lets put it this way my work life has been hell for two years.

Have met with legal team and have got immunity from prosecution in exchange for my testimony- which I plan on doing. Needless to say my career is going to be damaged but I've no option as i knowingly committed fraud but did so out of the fear of losing my job ( was only in the job a month when I was first told to commit fraud) the level of fraud is in the millions. Can prove I was instructed to commit fraud as I taped several conversations where I was instructed to commit this fraud.

I am looking for some advice on potential claims against my company please, the legal advice I have already is from a charity set up to expose corruption, so any advice on legal claims for bullying, victimization, no future career opportunities, stress, etc etc would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Speak to a solicitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Pm2008 wrote: »
    Have met with legal team and have got immunity from prosecution in exchange for my testimony- which I plan on doing.

You mentioned a 'charity' (are they registered as a charity?) set up to expose corruption, who exactly has advised you that you will not be prosecuted? Have you this in writing from your local state solicitor or the office of the DPP? You need independent advice from your own solicitor, not some 'charity' that may have their own self-serving agenda which doesn't necessarily coincide with your interests.
    Needless to say my career is going to be damaged ....

Understatement of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭harr

Go get Independent legal advice from a good solicitor...get everything in writing and get your solicitor to attend any meetings with you..from here on in discuss nothing with anyone without your legal team, they will tell you if you have a case against your former employer but remember if this goes to court you might not have a former employer to sue..
    Might be an idea also not to post about it on a public forum...might be best to remove your post...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pm2008

Thanks all for advice so far, am planning on getting independent legal advice before I do anything. Was hoping that someone might have been in similar situation hence my original request for advice.

Am thinking when this is over my career will be tarnished so I'm seeking any advice on what I could sue my employer for - forcing me to commit fraud etc etc

If anyone has any recommendations on a solicitor who has experience in the situation I'd be delighted if you could pass on their details

Thanks again all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry cannot give legal advice here, nor can we recommend solicitors
    Will leave it open for now for general discussion, bearing forum rules in mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thanks all for advice so far, am planning on getting independent legal advice before I do anything.

'Anything' should include discussing this case on a public internet forum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Moderation: Breach of charter, thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement