Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300 rent increase

Options
  • 20-04-2017 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was unfortunate enough to receive a letter from my landlord stating that my rent was going to increase by €300 in August. I have been living in the property since before Christmas 2015. Is she legally able to do this? It's going to be hard to stretch any further.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Think you ll need to supply more info than that if people are going to be able to help. Location, rpz, previous rent would all help

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

G.5 wrote: »
    I was unfortunate enough to receive a letter from my landlord stating that my rent was going to increase by €300 in August. I have been living in the property since before Christmas 2015. Is she legally able to do this? It's going to be hard to stretch any further.

Thanks for your help

In the absence of information to the contrary- and you've not given us any information which would preclude the rise- providing the proposed increase is in keeping with market rent for the area- then, yes, its allowable (providing you're not in a RPZ- however, you haven't said that you are).

Advertisement