Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Accumulator Advice

Options
  • 20-04-2017 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on the following from a 10 euro (5 team) acca standing to win circa 3.5k (which would be by far my biggest earnings).
    4 teams have either won or are clearly ahead in their respective leagues:
    Brighton to win championship,
    Celtic to win Scottish,
    Sheffield united to win league 1,
    Juventus to win serie A,
    Ajax to win eredivise - the only team I am worried about as they are 1 point off top with 3 games to go.

I have been offered 1k to cash out now, and with 3 games to go, this weekend will probably be the decider for the eredivise.
    My question is what do you experienced people think I should do, cash out or hold out?
    Apologies for the long winded message!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

You would be better off to bet Feyenoord to win the league now than cash out.

If I bought your bet off you for €1,000 I could guarantee myself a profit... assuming PSV don't spring a surprise which is extremely unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 murfo12

Thanks for responding Division.
    Excuse my stupidity but say I now bet 1000 on Feyenoord who are 2/5 my bet would return profit of 400.
    If Ajax win league my bet would return 3590-1000=2500.
    My worry is that Feyenoord will prob win at least 2 of remaining games. Ajax have a tough away game to psv and are after playing et in Europe tonight and I expect them to drop points.
    Would 1000 cash out make sense going by that?
    Iv never used cash out before, is there any occasion where cashing out or partial cash out would be a good idea..say the stakes were 5 times higher than this, 5000 cash out for potential 16500 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'd cash out. Feyenood have been top all season. They won't throw it away.

Yea you could be right Hollister11. If I cash out I hope you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Request a 'partial CO' of 500,
    still have the OTE still to get 1,750.
    Not bad going from 10 notes.

• Advertisement

If I waited until after tonight and say Brighton are confirmed champs would the cash out prize be bigger or will the bookies freeze cash out until all games are played this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

murfo12 wrote: »
    If I waited until after tonight and say Brighton are confirmed champs would the cash out prize be bigger or will the bookies freeze cash out until all games are played this weekend?

In my experience be bigger if Brighton confirmed but if not it will be less.

Effectively you are getting 3.5 on Ajax to win the league and you have staked €1000.

---

The best odds on Feyenoord to win the league are 1.53 with Stan James.

If you now bet €2,287 on Feyenoord you will guarantee yourself a total return of €3,450

---

€3450 - 2,287 - €10 = €1,153

So if you have €2,287 that you can bet today you will guarantee yourself a profit of €1,153 so don't accept a cash out of €1,000.

They won't freeze it but its best to check with them on live chat.

My worry is that Feyenoord will prob win at least 2 of remaining games. Ajax have a tough away game to psv and are after playing in Europe tonight and I expect them to drop points.

If you really think Feyenoord are almost guaranteed to win the league and want to risk everything on that you could;

Bet €3,490 on Feyenoord to win the league with Stan James @ 1.53

Possible Outcomes
    :

Feyenoord win the league and you make a profit of €1,839.
    Ajax win the league - you break even.
    PSV win the league - you never bet again.

So do you want to do nothing and risk it all on Ajax for a profit of €3490, guarantee yourself a profit of €1,153 regardless of which team wins or back Feyenoord for a potential profit of €1,839?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Ajax are into the semi final of the Europa League. That's a distraction that I wouldn't want if I had them backed.

Personally I'd cash out - but it's your money.

Just to let ye know i cashed in today before matches kicked off. I didn't have the funds in my account to put on Feyenoord nor the time to go to bookies so after today's results I am happy with my winnings. Thanks for all the advice

Congrats on a very nice win

Advertisement