Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lift to Experience - are back

• 20-04-2017 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

I was all set to see these guys live in Dublin Castle back in 2002 with The Frames.

Shame to this day they had to cancel at the last min, the reason they didnt play was because one of the band members wives sadly suddenly died.

But now they a back out of hiding playing live again with a very nice remaster of their only album - The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads - 2001 Bella Union / 2017 Mute

It's an epic mix of Jeff Buckley meets the sound of Shoegaze and Godspeed You! Black Emperor style post-rock.

415191.jpg

https://open.spotify.com/album/6rDfXaRCM6KOIKQyfDcCce

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Decuc500

I saw them at Witnness in 2001. Very powerful live band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just listened based on this thread. Never heard or heard of them. How?! Pretty strong stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I noticed the album had been pulled off spotify and was disappointed to see it. Back as a Remaster? Yessir!!

It's an unreal album - tracks like These Are the Days will blow the head off you.

Would recommend Josh T Pearson's solo album, Last of the Country Gentlemen also. Very different pace and style, but excellent songwriting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I downloaded it on spotify yesterday. Pretty good stuff. I'd nearly pose and buy the vinyl in Tower, if it's there... or elsewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is that the actual album cover? Christ, that's ugly…

• Advertisement
Advertisement