Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking on a recall

• 20-04-2017 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭

Is there any database for UK bikes (probably BMW) to see if a bike went in for a recall and the work was carried out. I'm looking at a few F800st, i believe there were a few issues with the earlier models.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

hairyslug wrote: »
    Is there any database for UK bikes (probably BMW) to see if a bike went in for a recall and the work was carried out. I'm looking at a few F800st, i believe there were a few issues with the earlier models.

I expect the manufacturer's database is the only complete source of info. Maybe a dealer would be willing to check the service history based on the VIN.

With some web searching you should be able to get a good idea of what recalls were necessary. That will focus your attention on the service invoices - assuming they are available.

[Edit] This might be of interest; recalls notified to UK govt. authorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

BMW will do any recalls that have not been done, for free, so I wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest.

I've had recalls done last year on my 10 yo bike, and I haven't had a service at a dealers in a long time.

Worry about the service history and the overall condition of the bike.

Advertisement