Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving.

Options
  • 20-04-2017 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Ok so i did the whole travelling thing. Spent 2 years in Australia. Thinking of moving out permanently only this time around il be bringing my partner and baby. I know it will be completely different but this is what we want. Im a mechanic and she works in childcare. What are our visa options? If there is anyone in a similar position to me out there id be grateful to hear from you! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AgentRhea

This might be a very late reply so apologies. Motor Mechanic is on the occupation list. You may be qualified for a skilled visa to move permanently to Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Is it realistic to expect to get work as a heavy diesel mechanic on a WHV?

Have a friend who says he'd sort me...but just in case not work out etc....it's all I ever worked at really

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AgentRhea

To be honest, coming to Australia on a WHV is the easiest way but not the surest if one wants to stay for good. Getting work as heavy diesel mechanic under this visa isn't impossible but be mindful that your work rights is somehow limited wherein you can only work with your employer for maximum 6 months and then you have to sort out a new employer. Coming from the employer's perspective, there is this stigma on this restriction since they would prefer someone who they can employ and invest time to train for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

AgentRhea wrote: »
    To be honest, coming to Australia on a WHV is the easiest way but not the surest if one wants to stay for good. Getting work as heavy diesel mechanic under this visa isn't impossible but be mindful that your work rights is somehow limited wherein you can only work with your employer for maximum 6 months and then you have to sort out a new employer. Coming from the employer's perspective, there is this stigma on this restriction since they would prefer someone who they can employ and invest time to train for a long time.

I'd be hoping on sponsorship :D

Is it hard to get?
    Is it true that you've to pay thousands$$$ for it :-/

Advertisement