Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go pro

Options
  • 20-04-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

My son got a go pro for xmas but he's not got use to it really,I'm wondering can I use it to record some anti social behaviour in my estate ,and what kinda memory on the little memory cards would give me hours thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Perhaps a motion-detection app on a smart phone or tablet might suit your purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Perhaps a motion-detection app on a smart phone or tablet might suit your purpose

Ohh really can you do or get one of them fir a Samsung A3 .i don't have a sim in it it's ex contract but sim free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

How do you want to use the GoPro? Carry it around with you when out and about or hide it at the front of your house and let it just keep recording? They are fairly small cameras and depending on what size SDcard you put in them, you could have a lot of recording space available.

What model of GoPro is it?

FanadMan wrote: »
    How do you want to use the GoPro? Carry it around with you when out and about or hide it at the front of your house and let it just keep recording? They are fairly small cameras and depending on what size SDcard you put in them, you could have a lot of recording space available.

What model of GoPro is it?

It's go pro hero .im new to these little cameras is the quality good and what can I connect it up to to watch back.i just want to leave it in the window to catch them .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

theres no official software that i know off for go pro hero to record to external source only live stream, is it black edition 4 or third,if first it can do like 4k recordings under 25fps but that would fill any memory card in minutes literally.

not sure on battery life but you can set to do motion pics at different intervals on say 720p or hd which is still great quality.without having to charge battery every day or so.

theres plenty of apps in google store for phones thou one i have is ip webcam lets you use phone/tablet as remote ip cam and record-think its premium buy for that not sure but depending on phone camera and given only wifi needed is good solution.Also if not needing recording its possible to setup new skype id and do auto answering with video basically turning cam whenever you want to check on.

other cheap alternative buy actual ip cam if want to monitor plenty of Chinese brands that have good quality and most cctv functions integrated from 30e up.

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »
    theres no official software that i know off for go pro hero to record to external source only live stream, is it black edition 4 or third,if first it can do like 4k recordings under 25fps but that would fill any memory card in minutes literally.

not sure on battery life but you can set to do motion pics at different intervals on say 720p or hd which is still great quality.without having to charge battery every day or so.

theres plenty of apps in google store for phones thou one i have is ip webcam lets you use phone/tablet as remote ip cam and record-think its premium buy for that not sure but depending on phone camera and given only wifi needed is good solution.Also if not needing recording its possible to setup new skype id and do auto answering with video basically turning cam whenever you want to check on.

other cheap alternative buy actual ip cam if want to monitor plenty of Chinese brands that have good quality and most cctv functions integrated from 30e up.
    Thank you so much there's loads to think about there it's go pro 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭Mech1

google "time lapse gopro" then put a big memory card in it if you want to proceed.

Advertisement