Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coulter Place

Options
  • 20-04-2017 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Folks, thinking about moving back to Dundalk after a few years away and been keeping an eye on the property market. Can anyone give me any insight into the housing at Coulter Place on the Armagh Road as the prices seem to indicate that there may be some social issues in the area? I'm assuming it is a formally-ghost recently-completed development, but even that doesn't explain the prices. I found one news report about a bit of anti-social behaviour in an abandoned site nearby, but that's about all I've been able to deduce online. Anyone have any experience with this area?

Also if anyone happens to know, 1) has Ath Lethan ever flooded? 2) Has Glenwood still got a big student population or have they migrated towards the newer student estates?

Cheers for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Glenwood has few students these days but it still does have a lot of rented properties. Ath Lethan has had issues with the apartments there but I have not heard of flooding but dont take my word for as considering where it is i'm sure flood risk was top of any buyers list of questions. Coulter Place is no different than many places in town really with proximity to area where the anti-social types frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rinimee

Thanks for that Nesta99. Just wanted to check there wasn't something obvious wrong that local knowledge would allow. I've been a bit out of the loop for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Thinking about renting a property in Ath Lethan. Whats the broadband like out there? Fibre available? We also have a young child are there any creches nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jasper1

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Thinking about renting a property in Ath Lethan. Whats the broadband like out there? Fibre available? We also have a young child are there any creches nearby?

Fibre to the cabinet broadband should be available in Ath Lethal from mid June. Currently going through the 28 day marketing countdown before orders for service can be fulfilled

Advertisement