Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC Irish Open and 2017 IGRF World Cup now held at MNSCI

Options
  • 20-04-2017 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Following a meeting of the governing body of the NASRPC the decision was made to change the venue of the 2017 NASRPC Irish Open and 2017 IGRF World Cup to Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland (MNSCI).

All other aspects of the event - dates, disciplines, schedule, etc. - all remain the same.

This difficult decision was reached in order to ensure continuity of the event.

We have a large number of people travelling to Ireland to compete in the event, at great cost.
    We have large numbers of competitors here in Ireland making plans to compete in July.

Our primary concern is that those competitors have the most enjoyable event possible.

This is simply a short informational notice - We will have more detailed information in the coming days.

If anyone has any questions about this decision or about the new venue - please feel free to contact competitions@nasrpc.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

has to be more to this big news? Anyone know why the move.,

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

Love to know what they mean by continuity of the event.

This is only my opinion but as the GRPAI seem to have HH as there base, it was only going to be time before the NASRPC found somewhere where World and International comps could be held, without all the GRPAI Logos everywhere.. MNSCI is now better than HH for gallery shooting so of course NASRPC considered the move.. guessing there was some talking but now it's happened..

This is only my opinion but as the GRPAI seem to have HH as there base, it was only going to be time before the NASRPC found somewhere where World and International comps could be held, without all the GRPAI Logos everywhere.. MNSCI is now better than HH for gallery shooting so of course NASRPC considered the move.. guessing there was some talking but now it's happened..

HH is going to be very isolated from the rest of the shooting world.
    Be interesting to hear what both sides say about this tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

I know there are differences of opinion, conflict of interest etc between NASRPC and the GRPAI. So be it. But they should have let the International run this year as was planned.in Harbour House. Next year you could plan ahead and be better prepared for a change of venue. By the way I am not on anyone's side here, BUT I believe the NASRPC are making some.rash and unpopular decisons. I.am.not a gallery rifle.shooter, so have no skin in the game, but have good shooting friends on both sides of this mess and it pains me to see all this hostility and adversity in a niche sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Some distance for all the Munster RO 's to be travelling.....shure some "sponsor " will probably pay their expences :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

MNSCI is now better than HH :):):) since when?! Who shoots gallery? They don't even have a 50 m :):):) gallery range officer ( I am still laughing)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

MNSCI is now better than HH for gallery shooting so of course NASRPC considered the move.

I'm curious. Why do you say that MNSCI is better for gallery shooting?

Is it their facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Well the dictatorship of the NASRPC has finally shown it's ugly head.
    I am a true and loyal member with my family, the O'B's and friends at Harbour House Sports Club. This action from the NASRPC is wrong, not only to HH but too the many shooters of Ireland and the IGRF shooters who travel here.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

The clowns are now running the circus that is the nasrpc. To change the venue from Harbour House who has successfully held every international competition for the last number of years is beyond Stupid. Midlands migh be an good for long range shooting. They only joined the nasrpc recently and to my knowledge I might be wrong they have never held a gallery rifle competition. This was done out of pure badness. What about all of the competitors traveling from abroad that have their accommodation booked and paid for. As I said the clowns are running the circus.

• Advertisement

BillBen wrote: »
    The clowns are now running the circus that is the nasrpc. To change the venue from Harbour House who has successfully held every international competition for the last number of years is beyond Stupid. Midlands migh be an good for long range shooting. They only joined the nasrpc recently and to my knowledge I might be wrong they have never held a gallery rifle competition. This was done out of pure badness. What about all of the competitors traveling from abroad that have their accommodation booked and paid for. As I said the clowns are running the circus.

Do you know what the reason was for removing the international?

Honestly as far as I'm concerned pure badness. I can see no other reason to change. I don't know if you've ever been to HH but if you have, you would know that they can't be beaten for the facility's they offer and the way they run everything. I am so shocked that the nasrpc have done this

Honestly as far as I'm concerned pure badness. I can see no other reason to change. I don't know if you've ever been to HH but if you have, you would know that they can't be beaten for the facility's they offer and the way they run everything. I am so shocked that the nasrpc have done this

I have been to the club and the facilities are excellent. That's why I would like to know why it was removed. Someone on facebook said the clubs and not the committee voted to remove the competition from HH.

I have been to the club and the facilities are excellent. That's why I would like to know why it was removed. Someone on facebook said the clubs and not the committee voted to remove the competition from HH.

Why would clubs vote to change venues at this late stage. And further more why would it have been raised to have it moved. This has not been thought out. It's just another engaging the mouth before the brain.

Why would clubs vote to change venues at this late stage. And further more why would it have been raised to have it moved. This has not been thought out. It's just another engaging the mouth before the brain.

Sure that's my point. Why would the venue be moved at this late stage? Something has happened. I am not coming down on either side until I know what happened at the clubs meeting yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

Do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

pity, I see some of the international shooters commenting about pulling out and not returning to comps in this country. Dignified response by HH Wishing all the best to Midlands and the nasrpc. Sadly some of the spin doctors from the nasrpc are already doing their utmost to discredit HH on Facebook

homerhop wrote: »
    pity, I see some of the international shooters commenting about pulling out and not returning to comps in this country. Dignified response by HH Wishing all the best to Midlands and the nasrpc. Sadly some of the spin doctors from the nasrpc are already doing their utmost to discredit HH on Facebook

Don't worry. Anybody with one ounce of sense will see that it was done deliberately.

Brasros wrote: »
    Do you?

No I don't. Saw on facebook that of the 10 clubs one voted to remain in HH, 2 abstained and 7 wanted the venue switched.
    HH probably voted to keep it. Why did 7 clubs want the competition changed after they made the announcement?

No I don't. Saw on facebook that of the 10 clubs one voted to remain in HH, 2 abstained and 7 wanted the venue switched.
    HH probably voted to keep it. Why did 7 clubs want the competition changed after they made the announcement?

I saw that post on Facebook. It actually raises loads of questions.

Why did the NASRPC ask clubs to vote on moving the International?

Why did the NASRPC want to move the International? What reasons did they give for wanting to move it?

At the time of the EGM, and I'm open to correction on this, there were 18 clubs in the NASRPC, and now 19 because MNSCI are involved. Barely more than half the clubs in the NASRPC were involved in this decision as apparently only 10 clubs were at the meeting.

Were club reps properly informed of the topic? Did they know in advance so that they could consult with their club members? I doubt it.

Did MNSCI vote at this meeting?

Below are a couple of extracts from our beloved constitution.
    Voting Procedures at any Association Meetings

Only matters on the meeting agenda may be voted upon.

Members of the Association must be a member of the Association for no less than 6 months + 1 day, in order to enjoy voting privileges at meetings.

Were these rules adhered to?

That's just a few questions off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

Harbour House spent €10,000 on installing turning targets on the 24 bay range 1. The only range with this many turning targets in the country.
    They have been training new RO's and up-skilling existing RO's to meet the required number of over 100 for this years International competition.
    Organised many open training days to get more shooters to participate in the NASRPC national competitions.
    And much more.

All this to be told 'Harbour house' your not good enough to hold the Irish International this year. It beggars believe the NASRPC would do this.

clivej wrote: »
    Harbour House spent €10,000 on installing turning targets on the 24 bay range 1. The only range with this many turning targets in the country.
    They have been training new RO's and up-skilling existing RO's to meet the required number of over 100 for this years International competition.
    Organised many open training days to get more shooters to participate in the NASRPC national competitions.
    And much more.

All this to be told 'Harbour house' your not good enough to hold the Irish International this year. It beggars believe the NASRPC would do this.

you seem to be a man in the know. what happened at the meeting?

you seem to be a man in the know. what happened at the meeting?

Sure you already know, weren't you there

clivej wrote: »
    Sure you already know, weren't you there

I wasn't. Not on any committee. I was as shocked as everyone else.

I wasn't. Not on any committee. I was as shocked as everyone else.

Clearly not everyone else was shocked.

Not if the NASRPC followed their own rules laid down in their constitution and clubs were made aware of the agenda of the meeting. Then they wouldn't have been surprised.

If this vote was proposed without being on the agenda, as in if the Committee or someone from the floor proposed the vote during the meeting, then it shouldn't have taken place as that's against the rules laid down in the Constitution.

I'd also like to know which clubs voted at the meeting, as in were they entitled to vote at the meeting. Because if they hadn't their membership paid, then they wouldn't be entitled to vote at the meeting as they wouldn't be considered to be 'in good standing'.

I've nothing against MNSCI so this isn't a dig at them but did they have a vote at the meeting? Because if they did, then this is against the rules too.

It would seem that we all need to go back to our own Club Sec to understand why this change has been made, either that or email the NASRPC.
    I did not know there was a chance of what just happened happening this year.. with the Midlands joining I taught there was a chance of it down the road alright ..

Going on FB posts, at least one international team has pulled out of coming to the event this year.

This is very damaging.

To quote Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge, "This is a clusterfcuk".

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Many more national and International competitors to follow no doubt.
    Goes to prove that really the NASRPC cant organize a drinking session in a brewery

Has anyone questioned Harbour House about this?

• Advertisement

NASRPC have a statement up. According to them HH said the event could not go ahead unless there demands were met.

Advertisement