Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC Irish Open and 2017 IGRF World Cup now held at MNSCI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Look the NASRPC are in charge of nothing,

Its shooters who decide their own fate and the sooner people wake up and realize that the better.

The IGRF is defunct, hasn't met in almost a year,

So why is this organization which doesn't exist any more in charge of something happening in Ireland.
    Well its being run by committee members of the NASRPC as a fa?ade, on the premise that they have something to control. (They don't)

its a complete white wash by the NASRPC.

The NASRPC told Harbour House that certain club members would be excluded from entering their own club house or to take part in the competition. (This is a 3 day event)

Tell me any club that would agree to that?

The NASRPC have run their course, they have annoyed a lot of international shooters by switching venues.
    Not to mention the 400 members from Harbour House and other clubs.

Ive been predicting their demise for some time now. This is just the icing on the cake.

Shooters will decide and come to events because they enjoy themselves. Harbour House have a long history of running extremely successful shooting events and will continue to host Gallery events for many years in the future.

Its just bad organization and having witnessed enough events like this, it goes to prove that the committee of the NASRPC are not capable of running anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

Has everyone calmed down about this? Haven't heard of anyone saying they are not going to midlands now.

BillBen wrote: »
    Trolling again?

That your answer to everything? Don't hear something that suits you so must be a troll.

BillBen wrote: »
    No I use that term when someone is looking to get a reaction from people so they can continue to troll.And you are looking to do just that.

I don't think anyone could have topped you for an over reaction. Conspiracies all over the shop. You're always complaining about the nasrpc but you still shoot in the competitions.

The complete story isn't out there but two sides have emerged. People were angry the other day and writing furious things. I stepped away from it so it could calm down. It's a reasonable question. People said they wouldn't shoot for this lot or that lot or this competition or go to this one. Some were talking about another competition being held.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I don't think anyone could have topped you for an over reaction. Conspiracies all over the shop. You're always complaining about the nasrpc but you still shoot in the competitions.

The complete story isn't out there but two sides have emerged. People were angry the other day and writing furious things. I stepped away from it so it could calm down. It's a reasonable question. People said they wouldn't shoot for this lot or that lot or this competition or go to this one. Some were talking about another competition being held.

goodbye

• Advertisement

Well Done the NASRPC

So as a result of your failure to listen, the Scottish team have withdrawn along with the GB Team now.

The South African team have also been made aware of whats happening and have been urged to contact the NASRPC.

Doubt very much the German team will now travel.

You heard it here first. Sorry to say we told you so but the NASRPC has ruined Gallery shooting in Ireland internationally for a generation.

Only took 15 months well done.

If the whole committee of the NASRPC should resign asap to save some face in this whole fiasco it may be their only saving grace.

Sad day indeed for Gallery shooting in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It'll take a long time for Ireland's reputation to recover, if ever. This has done untold damage.

It's looking more & more like Ireland will be the only country at the world championships.
    And also the very best GR shooters won't be there because they have already been told they are not welcome & to stay away. As they were told not to attend these championships at their own sports club.
    Wake up nasrpc and smell the sh!t storm you are creating

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

Thank you NASRPC. Paddy can have it all to himself.

In the land of the blind a one eyed man is King.

Some real truth on all this.
    When you only read/hear one side of a story, of half truths & outright lies then you only know what a dictatorship wants you to know.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1327951070583802&id=100001067657768

• Advertisement

The NASRPC have pulled their May competition from Harbour House too.

I wonder what excuses they'll have for doing that?

BattleCorp wrote: »

I wonder what excuses they'll have for doing that?

Read the reply on FB from the range operator

clivej wrote: »
    Read the reply on FB from the range operator

Yep, I just read it. It doesn't say why the NASRPC moved the May competition. It just says that they moved it and gave no reasons to HH. They just did it without consultation.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

BattleCorp wrote:

Back room politics, MNSCI posted on their Facebook page on 20th April at 17.40 that the nasrpc are holding a training day on the 7th May and a national competition day on the 14th May, the day directly after the supposed HH national competition (13th May). This is before the meeting of nasrpc where 7 clubs voted to move the venue from HH.
    The reason total dislike for HH and it's members or envy unsure and don't care anymore​.
    The nasrpc and the clubs who voted to move the venue are guilt in shaming and embarssing all Irish gallery rifle shooters.
    This will set like Catholic guilt for years to come and that if gallery shooting isn't destroyed to a piont of no return.

Brasros wrote: »
    Back room politics, MNSCI posted on their Facebook page on 20th April at 17.40 that the nasrpc are holding a training day on the 7th May and a national competition day on the 14th May, the day directly after the supposed HH national competition (13th May). This is before the meeting of nasrpc where 7 clubs voted to move the venue from HH.
    The reason total dislike for HH and it's members or envy unsure and don't care anymore​.
    The nasrpc and the clubs who voted to move the venue are guilt in shaming and embarssing all Irish gallery rifle shooters.
    This will set like Catholic guilt for years to come and that if gallery shooting isn't destroyed to a piont of no return.

How true, and the reasons given is that there will be another competition in Harbour House later in the year. From the resident spin doctor. Somehow I doubt that now. Its goodbye NASRPC, farewell we thank you for your time

Dead right, "THEY" are the embarrassment.

A one horse race now. NASRPC hang your heads in shame

415571.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Need to change the location too Clive!

LB6 wrote: »
    Need to change the location too Clive!

That's the original poster from the NASRPC with my extra's added.
    Sure they won't need new posters now, 'cos anyone who's anyone won't be going

A one horse race now. NASRPC hang your heads in shame

415571.jpg

So....Ireland won? Congratulations to all involved. It was an unexpected match but the result was predictable. Some quality shooting from all involved. This years match proved to be exceptionally difficult as so many people had to attend the chiropractors because their heads were hanging in shame. Shame neck is serious people- get tested.

But really tell us more Clivej. You know for a fact all these teams are not going? Because I spoke to competitors who say otherwise.

• Advertisement

So....Ireland won? Congratulations to all involved. It was an unexpected match but the result was predictable. Some quality shooting from all involved. This years match proved to be exceptionally difficult as so many people had to attend the chiropractors because their heads were hanging in shame. Shame neck is serious people- get tested.

But really tell us more Clivej. You know for a fact all these teams are not going? Because I spoke to competitors who say otherwise.

Sure what would I know of such things. I'm just a pleb that judges all on it's merits before I make a call.

I am told the English are out except for a team in the International comp. The Scotts AFAIK are out. Not sure yet bout the SA's or Oz's.
    Your "Competitors" only know what they are being told whereas I have been in contact with friends in the UK.
    People are not happy over this, having spent many hundreds of pounds with hotel bookings in Kildare and environs, ferry and air fares, fees etc.

There was never a need to move the World champs. Just a lot of rumours started by the people at the top IMO.
    Setting conditions for HH that could not be met. Our own members told to keep away on the weekend. Sign-age to removed. HH to provide all the RO's for the event,100 required, and these were available.
    BUT still HH tried to pull it all together and hold the World champs. here. If you look at the Midlands notice you can see that before the meeting they had already posted that competitions were being held at Midlands.

It goes to show the support that HH have when many shooters from overseas won't now come over to Ireland because of what the NASRPC have done.

I expect that I'll be told that I'm not allowed to shoot at the NASRPC comps, for having told some truths. I'm tired of the mess that it now is.

Sure what would I know of such things. I'm just a pleb that judges all on it's merits before I make a call.

I am told the English are out except for a team in the International comp. The Scotts AFAIK are out. Not sure yet bout the SA's or Oz's.
    Your "Competitors" only know what they are being told whereas I have been in contact with friends in the UK.
    People are not happy over this, having spent many hundreds of pounds with hotel bookings in Kildare and environs, ferry and air fares, fees etc.

There was never a need to move the World champs. Just a lot of rumours started by the people at the top IMO.
    Setting conditions for HH that could not be met. Our own members told to keep away on the weekend. Sign-age to removed. HH to provide all the RO's for the event,100 required, and these were available.
    BUT still HH tried to pull it all together and hold the World champs. here. If you look at the Midlands notice you can see that before the meeting they had already posted that competitions were being held at Midlands.

It goes to show the support that HH have when many shooters from overseas won't now come over to Ireland because of what the NASRPC have done.

I expect that I'll be told that I'm not allowed to shoot at the NASRPC comps, for having told some truths. I'm tired of the mess that it now is.

So someone told you that the English may be out and you decided to put a picture up saying that no international shooters from 5 countries are coming. Genius stuff.

The people I am talking about have all said they are coming.

So the nasrpc said they didn't want certain people at the international and were making unreasonable demands?

Why is it people in harbour house think everyone is after them? If you are worried about being able to shoot at the international then you should ask them if you will be allowed shoot.

Guaranteed the international will go ahead with everyone turning up and a few people whinging on at the event. Some people just looking for drama so they can be the centre of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

jb88 wrote: »
    Well Done the NASRPC

So as a result of your failure to listen, the Scottish team have withdrawn along with the GB Team now.

The South African team have also been made aware of whats happening and have been urged to contact the NASRPC.

Doubt very much the German team will now travel.

You heard it here first. Sorry to say we told you so but the NASRPC has ruined Gallery shooting in Ireland internationally for a generation.

Only took 15 months well done.

If the whole committee of the NASRPC should resign asap to save some face in this whole fiasco it may be their only saving grace.

Sad day indeed for Gallery shooting in Ireland

Your posts remind me of Molly Bloom's soliloquy from James Joyce's Ulysses JB. Very much in the "stream of consciousness" school although without the good grammar and also a work of fiction. It looks like you have been influenced by the Trump school of alternate facts too.

All of the International Teams booked to attend the International will be there this year. Perhaps they will also enjoy the change of venue. One of the visitors from the UK described last year's event at HH as being heavy with atmosphere because of the tension generated by the dispute. One clear advantage that the change of venue will bring about is the removal of this atmosphere, as the venue, the organizers and the participants will all be working together to ensure a success. You and your fellow conspiritors from the inner circle should think about this. It is time for you to admit that your attempt to set up an alternate organisation has failed and all that you are doing is negative and not in the interests of the sport you profess to love. What are you trying to achieve with your constant stream of winging and criticism? You are still showing up at NASRPC competitions despite your avowed promise of not so doing. Wake up and smell the coffee.

It seems bad spelling is the order of your day.
    Very interesting that you have only taken an interest in Gallery shooting in the last two years. I am sure that would be an interesting topic in itself.

Gallery will continue long after the NASRPC. Contary to popular belief soon to be no more if the rumours are true.

But another famous Irish playwright s use of such notions of upperosity from you leads me to believe it will not be long before the NASRPC will no longer be functional.

Good luck with the RO training etc. Midlands is a great venue indeed. Too bad its hosting the NASRPC.

Oh and if you call one event actively competing then clearly you don't understand Gallery. But your not alone in your thoughts and support.

badaj0z wrote: »
    You and your fellow conspiritors from the inner circle should think about this. It is time for you to admit that your attempt to set up an alternate organisation has failed and all that you are doing is negative and not in the interests of the sport you profess to love.

I'm not a member of the GRPAI although in the interests of honesty, I will state that I have shot in one of their competitions and attended one of their RO training sessions.

I'm not trying to be a flag bearer for the GRPAI but I'm curious as to why you think that they have failed?

They have held very successful competitions that were well organised, well attended and run safely.
    They have trained up loads of RO's to a good standard.
    They have held many training days for both experienced shooters and novices.
    They have introduced club plinkers to competition disciplines such as T&P1 and Multi Target etc.
    They have held Target Shooting For Women training days.

To be honest, the only thing the GRPAI failed at was to be awarded NGB status by the IGRF. And if you look at how that was handled by the IGRF, they didn't exactly come down strongly in defence of the NASRPC. I'm open to correction on this but my understanding is that the IGRF basically said sort it out between yourselves lads.

I wouldn't write off the GRPAI just yet.

It seems bad spelling is the order of your day.
    Very interesting that you have only taken an interest in Gallery shooting in the last two years. I am sure that would be an interesting topic in itself.

Gallery will continue long after the NASRPC. Contary to popular belief soon to be no more if the rumours are true.

But another famous Irish playwright s use of such notions of upperosity from you leads me to believe it will not be long before the NASRPC will no longer be functional.

Good luck with the RO training etc. Midlands is a great venue indeed. Too bad its hosting the NASRPC.

Oh and if you call one event actively competing then clearly you don't understand Gallery. But your not alone in your thoughts and support.

Remember the time you were going to burn all the NASRPC stuff in a car park and then didn't?
    Or the time you decided that you would no longer shoot in NASRPC competitions but then for some reason did?
    You are always predicting the downfall of the NASRPC. Always. Must be hard waking up in the morning and doing nothing but think about them.

Why not focus on supporting the NASRPC whatever way you can and then vote for the change the next time?

There's such an amount of whining here because people didn't get their way.

Remember the time you were going to burn all the NASRPC stuff in a car park and then didn't?
    Or the time you decided that you would no longer shoot in NASRPC competitions but then for some reason did?
    You are always predicting the downfall of the NASRPC. Always. Must be hard waking up in the morning and doing nothing but think about them.

Why not focus on supporting the NASRPC whatever way you can and then vote for the change the next time?

There's such an amount of whining here because people didn't get their way.

Yes well I was advised against the shirt burning because I wore the shirt in better times, when the NASRPC wasn't what it is today. (It still might happen)

I went to a competition to see if anything had improved, and it had got worse. I wanted to see for my own eyes.
    I wouldn't like to wait all day for a comp to start because the targets were forgotten and the person charged with that responsibility went off shopping instead.

What do you mean, I have gone the way of the majority of Gallery shooters in Ireland and chosen a great organization with a brilliant future.

One that supports and promotes the sport of Gallery Shooting in Ireland to new entrants.
    Holds regular training sessions, one on tomorrow in HH if your interested.

I don't support the NASRPC who don't train anyone, don't support new entrants, don't have regular training sessions and only want peoples money.

If you want that well good luck to you I wish everyone who does that all the best in their future.
    Thanks to the GRPAI for all your hard work so far this year in helping to promote Gallery rifle shooting in Ireland.
    So far this year

10 + training sessions - Free
    2 x Visits to new clubs to train new clubs - Free
    1 x Women on Target training day.
    5 x RO Training days - Free

Oh yes its still only April, I hear they have lots more planned

Yes well I was advised against the shirt burning because I wore the shirt in better times, when the NASRPC wasn't what it is today. (It still might happen)

I went to a competition to see if anything had improved, and it had got worse. I wanted to see for my own eyes.
    I wouldn't like to wait all day for a comp to start because the targets were forgotten and the person charged with that responsibility went off shopping instead.

What do you mean, I have gone the way of the majority of Gallery shooters in Ireland and chosen a great organization with a brilliant future.

One that supports and promotes the sport of Gallery Shooting in Ireland to new entrants.
    Holds regular training sessions, one on tomorrow in HH if your interested.

I don't support the NASRPC who don't train anyone, don't support new entrants, don't have regular training sessions and only want peoples money.

If you want that well good luck to you I wish everyone who does that all the best in their future.
    Thanks to the GRPAI for all your hard work so far this year in helping to promote Gallery rifle shooting in Ireland.
    So far this year

10 + training sessions - Free
    2 x Visits to new clubs to train new clubs - Free
    1 x Women on Target training day.
    5 x RO Training days - Free

Oh yes its still only April, I hear they have lots more planned

And a National competition on the 6th May in Hilltop. Open to all and everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

BattleCorp wrote: »

I'm not trying to be a flag bearer for the GRPAI but I'm curious as to why you think that they have failed?

They have held very successful competitions that were well organised, well attended and run safely.
    They have trained up loads of RO's to a good standard.
    They have held many training days for both experienced shooters and novices.
    They have introduced club plinkers to competition disciplines such as T&P1 and Multi Target etc.
    They have held Target Shooting For Women training days.

Your perspective is balanced BC. But what has been achieved is largely based around only one club, HH. Competitions have been run at one other club that I am aware of, but no doubt, I will be corrected if wrong. If you examine the real reason that the GRPAI was set up, it was to be the controlling(Governing)body for Gallery Rifle shooting in Ireland, with all that entailed, e.g., running competitions, running training, managing national level results and selecting teams,etc.. To be successful in this endeavour, they would have to be doing this in all clubs, involving all GR shooters throughout the country. Of the 19 clubs listed as members of the NASRPC only 2 clubs allow the GRPAI to run anything on their ranges. They would also have to be recognised as the NGB which they are not.What will happen in the longer term? If the GRPAI is to succeed in the long term, they will need to get access to and support from many other clubs. This is unlikely as the GRPAI committee is largely based on the previous NASRPC committee that was displaced and the experience that the clubs had with the old committee, before ,during and after the split has not endeared them to these clubs. If they do not get support from other clubs then they can continue operating from their base, in isolation from the rest of the GR community. I suspect that many of their core members will continue to attend the NASRPC competitions in other clubs, as some of their committee are already doing and as demonstrated by JB88, despite his protestations. This will eventually cause a bleed off of core support and the eventual demise of the GRPAI. The unfortunate consequence of this is that, in the short term, the war of words will continue, the winging and sniping will continue, and the willingness to put the GRPAI's interests before the international reputation of Ireland will continue, as this thread has demonstrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

It really saddens me that if you had only two Irish people involved in a target shooting discipline, you'd suddenly find we had three rival NGBs vying to run it.

We have some great ranges in this country now, we have some great shooters and most importantly, we have some great volunteers who make the sport open to all (and this ranges from colleges to lads out in fields showing how clays are best busted).

But **** me, we always seem to have the parochial "that's my field" view which does large-scale damage to pretty much every shooting discipline every few years. We are great at washing our dirty laundry in everyone else's back yard.

Advertisement