Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC Irish Open and 2017 IGRF World Cup now held at MNSCI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Ive been waiting for the dust to settle between GRPAI AND NASRPC so as to have the atmosphere that is amongst all shooting people disappear and we could all enjoy our sport, the power struggle between both bodies looks as if it's set for many years more unfortunately, this is a result of disrespect for the chair of the NGB in our sport for a second year running.. if you have time for your sport and reckon you can improve it get on the Committee, but this ain't the case with our sport we set up rivalry between each other and we hang each other at every turn, no Club was ever more important than the other yet some still think they deserved better, I'm glad but also diapointed that HH has been stripped of the comps, as an everyday ordinary shooter I only heard so much of the going ons, yet when shot in HH "I AWAYS FELT WELCOME (by the OBriens) " yet surrounded by GRPAI logos it set the atmosphere that was mentioned in a earlier post, you also had the GRPAI members with the hats and t shirts which is fine but again it's all part of the atmosphere that HH held.. everyone's aware that the GRPAI want the NGB and that they have some support but ther online petition went no where but yet they still persist at being NGB and at every turn having a dig at the NASRPC.. I might point out if you went back to 2015 just before it all kicked off AnRiocht was the biggest traveling club that year by percentage of membership... Harbour House and AnRiocht had similar numbers in membership traveling that year yet HH boasts of a membership somewhere in around 400 where as AnRiocht is about 150 ... as I said already no club is bigger than the other especially when asked to travel the countryside attending shoots ... HH in my opinion should not of picked a side.. GRPAI make HH there base and lost HH the worlds and International, they HH may of lost it themselves as I'm only giving my opinion but from the outside looking in that's my opinion..
    The GRPAI are like a dog that lost a bone and can't stop digging for it.. Like I said at the start I was waiting for the dust to settle.. I'd of been happy to shoot at GRPAI events in the future but they can't but help themselves in disrespecting the NGB of our sport.. they in my opinion after all the disruption they have caused should be banned from the Worlds and the International.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Ive been waiting for the dust to settle between GRPAI AND NASRPC so as to have the atmosphere that is amongst all shooting people disappear and we could all enjoy our sport, the power struggle between both bodies looks as if it's set for many years more unfortunately, this is a result of disrespect for the chair of the NGB in our sport for a second year running.. if you have time for your sport and reckon you can improve it get on the Committee, but this ain't the case with our sport we set up rivalry between each other and we hang each other at every turn, no Club was ever more important than the other yet some still think they deserved better, I'm glad but also diapointed that HH has been stripped of the comps, as an everyday ordinary shooter I only heard so much of the going ons, yet when shot in HH "I AWAYS FELT WELCOME (by the OBriens) " yet surrounded by GRPAI logos it set the atmosphere that was mentioned in a earlier post, you also had the GRPAI members with the hats and t shirts which is fine but again it's all part of the atmosphere that HH held.. everyone's aware that the GRPAI want the NGB and that they have some support but ther online petition went no where but yet they still persist at being NGB and at every turn having a dig at the NASRPC.. I might point out if you went back to 2015 just before it all kicked off AnRiocht was the biggest traveling club that year by percentage of membership... Harbour House and AnRiocht had similar numbers in membership traveling that year yet HH boasts of a membership somewhere in around 400 where as AnRiocht is about 150 ... as I said already no club is bigger than the other especially when asked to travel the countryside attending shoots ... HH in my opinion should not of picked a side.. GRPAI make HH there base and lost HH the worlds and International, they HH may of lost it themselves as I'm only giving my opinion but from the outside looking in that's my opinion..
    The GRPAI are like a dog that lost a bone and can't stop digging for it.. Like I said at the start I was waiting for the dust to settle.. I'd of been happy to shoot at GRPAI events in the future but they can't but help themselves in disrespecting the NGB of our sport.. they in my opinion after all the disruption they have caused should be banned from the Worlds and the International.

This is great. all the guys quoting all of this information and involved in Gallery for only a couple of years.
    Hate to think what it would be like when they get to year 3?

Also the NASRPC is not the NGB, despite them saying they are. if you say anything long enough, you get enough people to believe, pity the facts are distorted from your point of view.

Maybe, the NASRPC were all set to ban HH club members from attending their own club for an event. The NASRPC like throwing the aul lets ban them idea around far too much for my liking.

When the NASRPC get rid of the International team captains, who were elected by the team members in the squad and replace them with their own, that's a dictatorship. (And as an individual shooter you no longer have a vote) No point in being involved in that organization.
    (Has no future)

Why would anyone choose to be involved in an organization where you cannot vote as an individual for change.

I guarantee you will want that say in the future, but its no longer there.

But that , also happened in another shooting sport recently, and nothing was said so the NASRPC thought this would work. It wont.

Gradually the NASRPC will drift away, because by August 2017 who will even remember them.

You only need one show of force like that to see how the NASRPC have ruined Gallery shooting in Ireland for the ordinary Gallery shooter like me and many others.

You can pay, but you cant say or play, that's the NASRPC way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

no Club was ever more important than the other yet some still think they deserved better, I'm glad but also diapointed that HH has been stripped of the comps,

I've a few questions regarding your post.

Again I'll throw in the disclaimer, I'm not a member of the GRPAI, I'm just an ordinary shooter who has shot in one of their competitions. I still shoot in NASRPC competitions by the way.

Apologies if I am misinterpreting your post but are you saying that Harbour House believes that it is more important than any other club?

Why do you say that? Have you any examples?
    as I said already no club is bigger than the other especially when asked to travel the countryside attending shoots ... HH in my opinion should not of picked a side..
    I don't believe Harbour House picked a side. The GRPAI don't run Harbour House. Harbour House allows the GRPAI to use their facilities. Harbour House also allow lots of other shooting organisations to use their facilities. The NRBAI and NASRPC being some of the others.

Harbour House successfully ran last year's International and several National competitions since the GRPAI came into existence. I don't see why they wouldn't have run this year's International successfully too.

And another point on allowing the GRPAI to use their facilities. I don't remember seeing anything in NASRPC documentation stating that ranges had to be exclusive or couldn't allow any organisations that the NASRPC don't like.
    I'd of been happy to shoot at GRPAI events in the future but they can't but help themselves in disrespecting the NGB of our sport.. they in my opinion after all the disruption they have caused should be banned from the Worlds and the International.

Who should be banned from the Worlds and International? The GRPAI committee? People who support the GRPAI? People who don't care yet shoot in GRPAI competitions? Members of ranges that allow GRPAI competitions to be held on their range, such as Hilltop and Harbour House? People who don't agree with you?

Are you seriously suggesting banning people who have a different viewpoint to your own?

If the International was still being held in Harbour House, would you still advocate that the GRPAI guys be banned from the International. Because that would entail the club banning some of its own members from the club.

Would An Riocht entertain the idea of banning some of its own members from a shoot on their range because another organisation didn't like them? I think not.

And what exactly is this 'disrespecting the NGB of our sport' that you have mentioned twice in your post?

As an ordinary Harbour House member, I feel that the NASRPC has been very unfair to the O'Brien Family and all the Harbour House members by removing the International and this month's National competition from the club, and for what, just to get a strike in at the GRPAI?

I'd love to be wrong about this but I honestly believe that the NASRPC have done irrepairable damage by taking this needless action.

jb88 wrote: »
    Also the NASRPC is not the NGB, despite them saying they are. if you say anything long enough, you get enough people to believe, pity the facts are distorted from your point of view.
    Stop now you know they are the NGB..
    Maybe, the NASRPC were all set to ban HH club members from attending their own club for an event. The NASRPC like throwing the aul lets ban them idea around far too much for my liking.
    Don't know where your getting that idea, tis not on my post.

When the NASRPC get rid of the International team captains, who were elected by the team members in the squad and replace them with their own, that's a dictatorship. (And as an individual shooter you no longer have a vote) No point in being involved in that organization.
    (Has no future)
    Ahh didn't ye GRPAI LADS all refuse to shoot it.. ranking filled the spots ye abandoned.
    Why would anyone choose to be involved in an organization where you cannot vote as an individual for change.
    It's nice to have a vote ain't it.. but the NASRPC ain't a club it's an Association of clubs, it is fair now with one club one vote no one is more important than the other..

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Apologies if I am misinterpreting your post but are you saying that Harbour House believes it's more important than other club?

Why do you say that? Have you any examples?
    I say that based on reliable information, I run the risk of Slander but I would talk one on one..
    I don't believe Harbour House picked a side. The GRPAI don't run Harbour House. Harbour House allows the GRPAI to use their facilities. Harbour House also allow lots of other shooting organisations to use their facilities. The NRBAI and NASRPC being some of the others.

Harbour House successfully ran last year's International and several National competitions since the GRPAI came into existence. I don't see why they wouldn't have run this year's International successfully too.

And another point on allowing the GRPAI to use their facilities. I don't remember seeing anything in NASRPC documentation stating that ranges had to be exclusive or couldn't allow any organisations that the NASRPC don't like.

The GRPAI signs all over HH with regards the World shoot why would the NASRPC wants the GRPAI promoted at this event? And why couldn't they of been removed for the event.. and of course now it probably will be said it would not be a problem to remove them, but unfortunately it was a sticking point.. also says to me the HH picked a side..
    Who should be banned from the Worlds and International? The GRPAI committee? People who support the GRPAI? People who don't care yet shoot in GRPAI competitions? Members of ranges that allow GRPAI competitions to be held on their range, such as Hilltop and Harbour House? People who don't agree with you?

Are you seriously suggesting banning people who have a different viewpoint to your own?
    I only suggested that the body of the GRPAI be banned for all the disruption and failure to recognise the NASRPC as the NGB in Ireland.
    If the International was still being held in Harbour House, would you still advocate that the GRPAI guys be banned from the International. Because that would entail the club banning some of its own members from the club.
    Shoot for HH Hilltop Etc... the Shoot is in MIDLANDS so why go down the road of ifs and buts..
    Would An Riocht entertain the idea of banning some of its own members from a shoot on their range because another organisation didn't like them? I think not.
    No they would not, but don't reckon you'd see a GRPAI event ever either.
    And what exactly is this 'disrespecting the NGB of our sport' that you have mentioned twice in your post?
    Only when the GRPAI accept the NASRPC as the NGB Will this crap stop..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

This is great. all the guys quoting all of this information and involved in Gallery for only a couple of years.
    Hate to think what it would be like when they get to year 3?

(Has no future)

I guarantee you will want that say in the future, but its no longer there.

But that , also happened in another shooting sport recently, and nothing was said so the NASRPC thought this would work. It wont.

Gradually the NASRPC will drift away, because by August 2017 who will even remember them.

You only need one show of force like that to see how the NASRPC have ruined Gallery shooting in Ireland for the ordinary Gallery shooter like me and many others.

You can pay, but you cant say or play, that's the NASRPC way.

The IGRF say Ireland is the NGB. What point over the last 10 years did they lose the NGB status? Was it when the GRPAI was set up or before that?

Who was banned from HH? Actually banned? No one. Just more people running around HH like headless chickens squawking about how the authority is out to get them.
    Actual HH conversation:
    "Did you bring biscuits for the tea?"
    "No the NASRPC had me followed."

You ever notice all of your predictions are wrong? All of them.

Honestly reading some of the stuff on here reminds me of this

If you could come back with a name of someone who was banned. Just one I would be grateful. There has to be a letter to prove it as well none of this they were out to get me stuff.

LB6 wrote: »
    <mod snip> If you want information seek it from the GRPAI/NASRPC or any club.

My opinion is of no concern of yours.

Ok then lets look at it. Lads have been coming on here saying whatever they want about people and saying everyone is corrupt in the committee and they have not got the interest of the sport in mind. Check through the comments. The only reason they have to say that is because they are not getting their way on different things.
    Then the clubs VOTED overwhelmingly to remove the international from HH. HH members then went on social media including boards shouting about how awful this is and people shouldn't come etc. Then one puts up that no international shooters are arriving. All lies. A picture of the event with couintries flags on them is put up with an x over them. that person just suspected that the others wouldn't be turning up.
    Another HH resident then tells everyone that the nasrpc are finished and to join the grpai. More nonsense. He is also the one who said he wouldn't shoot in any of there competitions anymore. He did.

You come on boards going on about the nasrpc all the time- rememeber when you were complaining that the nasrpc was holding the agm in louth against your advice? That meeting was in a hotel conference room that everyone was invited to. You went on about how awful it was and then told everyone that the nrbai would be having a meeting in the sitting room of the main house in HH. Double standards! Doesnt matter what this committee does because you only seem to complain about it.

Said it before and say it again, there is a lot of stuff said about the international. No the nasrpc didn't handle it as well as they could and they should have left the compeititon in HH for May. But the stuff that is coming from HH members is just unreal.

I have called them on it and no one literally no one has come up with an argument against it. Just constant I am the victim here talk and probably going to be banned. It is ridiculous.

I have asked question after question here and no one will answer. Just easier for them to say troll because they don't have anything to say. Just complaining that everyone is out after them.

So go ahead LB6 tell us your words of wisdom. Why did the clubs vote to move the international to midlands? All clubs were invited and those that attended voted. So it isnt just the committee that is wrong, it is all these clubs too. So please tell us.

I have asked question after question here and no one will answer.

I'm a Harbour House member. Ask me some direct questions and I'll try my best to answer them. I'll only be speaking for myself, not the club but go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

So go ahead LB6 tell us your words of wisdom. Why did the clubs vote to move the international to midlands? All clubs were invited and those that attended voted. So it isnt just the committee that is wrong, it is all these clubs too. So please tell us.

Glad you got all that off your chest? Good.

No, again I don't answer to you or anyone else for that matter.

Like I said before - ask the associations directly and the clubs and get your answers <MOD SNIP>

I'm a Harbour House member. Ask me some direct questions and I'll try my best to answer them. I'll only be speaking for myself, not the club but go ahead.

Thank you.

Why do you think the clubs voted to remove the international from HH? Do you think HH was wrong in any dealings?

• Advertisement

Thank you.

Why do you think the clubs voted to remove the international from HH? Do you think HH was wrong in any dealings?

That's a very broad question that I can't adequately answer as I wasn't part of the negotiations between Harbour House and the NASRPC.
    Why do you think the clubs voted to remove the international from HH?
    I can't say for certain.

Were the clubs all part of the negotiations between Harbour House and the NASRPC? No, they weren't. Therefore the clubs voted based upon information received from the NASRPC committee. It could be argued that the clubs may not have had the full facts as they were receiving information from one side only, i.e. the NASRPC committee.

Some clubs support the GRPAI, some don't. The NASRPC committee clearly don't want the GRPAI to exist, possibly some clubs feel the same. That might have played a part in how clubs voted too. Again, I can't say for certain.
    Do you thing HH was wrong in any dealings
    I've no idea if Harbour House were wrong in any of their dealings with the NASRPC as I wasn't part of the negotiations. I'm not playing stupid, I just don't know.

I don't think Harbour House were wrong to look for more money to host the event. Considering the amount of work and cost that goes into getting the range ready for such a large event, I've no problem with Harbour House trying to get the best deal possible to cover their costs. And anyway, the money issue wasn't an issue in the end. I'm led to believe that both sides had agreed a fee for hosting the event.

Gleefulprinter, what are your thoughts on those two questions by the way?

That's a very broad question that I can't adequately answer as I wasn't part of the negotiations between Harbour House and the NASRPC.

I can't say for certain.

Were the clubs all part of the negotiations between Harbour House and the NASRPC? No, they weren't. Therefore the clubs voted based upon information received from the NASRPC committee. It could be argued that the clubs may not have had the full facts as they were receiving information from one side only, i.e. the NASRPC committee.

Some clubs support the GRPAI, some don't. The NASRPC committee clearly don't want the GRPAI to exist, possibly some clubs feel the same. That might have played a part in how clubs voted too. Again, I can't say for certain.

I've no idea if Harbour House were wrong in any of their dealings with the NASRPC as I wasn't part of the negotiations. I'm not playing stupid, I just don't know.

I don't think Harbour House were wrong to look for more money to host the event. Considering the amount of work and cost that goes into getting the range ready for such a large event, I've no problem with Harbour House trying to get the best deal possible to cover their costs. And anyway, the money issue wasn't an issue in the end. I'm led to believe that both sides had agreed a fee for hosting the event.

Gleefulprinter, what are your thoughts on those two questions by the way?

I think HH were represented and by all accounts did speak at the meeting of the clubs. They were one of the clubs who voted. If they had their turn in speaking then it was a fair vote.

I don't think they should have been given money to run the event. There are a couple of hundred people turning up who all need food, places to stay etc. There are also vendors and others interestred in coming to HH. HH got to keep all that money. If they had to give a percentage to the nasrpc thats one thing but they got to keep it all as well as the money they got for each day the event was on. I don't disagree with you that it costs some money to put on. But the money that would have been made from holding the compeititon would have been massive.

I think all the clubs were a part of the vote. If they choose not to vote or to turn up then that is on them and their members. Everyone got notice of the meeting. I dont think they should have to physically turn up. I think they should do a skype call and have them on a conference call so that way everyone is at the meeting. But you can't make them vote.

I don't see the stuff about the nasrpc not wanting the grpai around. People are saying it and I haven't seen it. Again posts on here where people from grpai have gone to nasrpc compeititons and there doesnt seem to be a problem.

I think HH is wrong in the way it promotes the grpai so much. Last year at the international they had the logos everywhere and people felt uncomofrtable.Some of the international shooters knew what was going on and thought they were being put in the middle of it. If it is a bnasrpc event then those logos should come down and if it is a grpai event then nasrpc stuff should come down. Simple as. I dont have a problem with grpai and I think the more people shooting the better and the more compeititons the better.

I think nasrpc needs to get away from HH as the centre of shooting in ireland. The facilities are excellent but if they are an association for clubs then they need to put money into other clubs and develop better ranges and facilities so everywhere is built up to the same standard as HH.

I think HH were represented and by all accounts did speak at the meeting of the clubs. They were one of the clubs who voted. If they had their turn in speaking then it was a fair vote.

I can't agree or disagree with you on this point. I wasn't there. I'm just stating that clubs weren't part of the negotiations so might not have been fully informed.

Or maybe they went into the meeting with their minds already made up, or maybe they were pushed in that direction by the NASRPC committee? I don't know.
    I don't think they should have been given money to run the event.
    As far as I'm aware, every range gets paid to host NASRPC events, both National and International competitions. This has been the way for a long time.
    If they had to give a percentage to the nasrpc thats one thing but they got to keep it all as well as the money they got for each day the event was on.
    I think you are wrong on that point. The NASRPC get all the competition fees and then pay the range for the use of their facilities. The club doesn't keep the competition fees.

The only money that is purely Harbour House's money is from extras that they provide, such as food. That's the same in every other club too.
    I think all the clubs were a part of the vote. If they choose not to vote or to turn up then that is on them and their members. Everyone got notice of the meeting. I dont think they should have to physically turn up. I think they should do a skype call and have them on a conference call so that way everyone is at the meeting. But you can't make them vote.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is one of the consequences of removing votes from regular shooters and putting it in the hands of one person from each club. If they don't turn up, all their members are unrepresented.
    I don't see the stuff about the nasrpc not wanting the grpai around. People are saying it and I haven't seen it. Again posts on here where people from grpai have gone to nasrpc compeititons and there doesnt seem to be a problem.
    Are you seriously expecting me to believe that? Not a chance. Just because some people shoot in the other organisation's competitions doesn't mean that they are all 'lovey-dovey'.

I think HH is wrong in the way it promotes the grpai so much. Last year at the international they had the logos everywhere and people felt uncomofrtable.Some of the international shooters knew what was going on and thought they were being put in the middle of it. If it is a bnasrpc event then those logos should come down and if it is a grpai event then nasrpc stuff should come down. Simple as. I dont have a problem with grpai and I think the more people shooting the better and the more compeititons the better.
    Will the logos for other shooting organisations have to be removed from Midlands any time there is a NASRPC competition held there? I doubt it.

And besides, going back to what you said earlier, if the NASRPC have no problem with the GRPAI, why would they want the GRPAI logos removed?
    I think nasrpc needs to get away from HH as the centre of shooting in ireland. The facilities are excellent but if they are an association for clubs then they need to put money into other clubs and develop better ranges and facilities so everywhere is built up to the same standard as HH.
    Yes, the facilities in Harbour House are excellent and I have no problem whatsoever with the NASRPC helping other clubs to improve and develop better ranges and facilities everywhere.

I have no problem with them being given the 250 a day that everyone gets but nothing additional on top of that.Regardless HH would have made a massive amount of money on the food alone.

The problem with the voting and I have said it before is that larger clubs would be given larger votes. A club like HH has 400 members but some smaller clubs only have 50 or so. but they both pay the same annual fees. It means that the voting would always be in favour of a club with a larger membership and the smaller clubs would just have to go along with whatever the larger clubs wanted but both would have t pay the same money. This could cause a split in my opinion but thats for another thread.

The thing with the logos is different. A club having the logos up isnt a problem. The problem is the grpai want the ngb and launched a very public campaign over it. Those logos should be down for the event. Having the nrbai up wouldnt be a problem unless the nrbai wanted the ngb for gallery rifle. It's like tesco advertising for dunnes.

I dont think things are lovey dovey. Seen arguments myself. They are hypocrites though. Saying one thing and doing another. People on here supporting the grpai and telling people to turn away from the nasrpc and then going to the shoots themselves. If the grpai know they are not getting the ngb and I think they said as much, then why not affiliate to the nasrpc?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've cleared out a lot of the crap from the last 24 hours.

Name calling, demanding people identify themselves and calling for threads to be closed (back seat modding) are all prohibited.

If you have a problem with a post, or poster, then report the post and let a mod deal with it. As Mods are volunteers there may not always be one online so don't act/post within minutes of reporting a post thinking it's being ignored or forgotten about.

The forum is here for all to use and few topics are prohibited. If someone is uncivil or trolling the Mods will determine that and act appropriately. Purposely acting uncivil in a bid to have the thread shut will only result in infraction or ban for the person involved.

Stay on topic and post appropriately. If you cannot do that then refrain form posting.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I have no problem with them being given the 250 a day that everyone gets but nothing additional on top of that.Regardless HH would have made a massive amount of money on the food alone.

Why have you a problem with Harbour House being given more than €250 a day and nothing on top of that?

I'm baffled as to why you'd be concerned with Harbour House making a few quid to cover their costs? This isn't a dig at smaller clubs, I'm just using it as an example but the cost for getting all of Harbour House's ranges ready for a competition would be far bigger than say getting Gorey ready for a competition. There's far more firing points to be maintained, target boards to be set up, etc. The costs and work involved aren't remotely the same.

So what if Harbour House make money on the food. They are perfectly entitled to do so. It's 100% their own work and nothing to do with any NGB and it shouldn't be of any concern to anybody else either.
    The problem with the voting and I have said it before is that larger clubs would be given larger votes. A club like HH has 400 members but some smaller clubs only have 50 or so. but they both pay the same annual fees.
    The NASRPC introduced a club member levy of €10 per member a few years ago. This would have meant that bigger clubs would have paid more money than smaller clubs. In the example you gave above, Harbour House would have paid an extra €4000 through this levy and the smaller club with 50 members would have paid €500. This was then overturned with the support of the current committee at a subsequent AGM.
    It means that the voting would always be in favour of a club with a larger membership and the smaller clubs would just have to go along with whatever the larger clubs wanted but both would have t pay the same money. This could cause a split in my opinion but thats for another thread.
    Is it the more votes or the same money part of your above statement that annoys you the most?
    The thing with the logos is different. A club having the logos up isnt a problem. The problem is the grpai want the ngb and launched a very public campaign over it. Those logos should be down for the event. Having the nrbai up wouldnt be a problem unless the nrbai wanted the ngb for gallery rifle. It's like tesco advertising for dunnes.
    Would you seriously not go to a competition because there was a logo up of an organisation that you didn't share their views? Yes, the GRPAI tried to be awarded the NGB status by the IGRF. They didn't succeed.

I honestly don't see why there is such controversy over three or four posters that have GRPAI written on them.
    I dont think things are lovey dovey. Seen arguments myself. They are hypocrites though. Saying one thing and doing another. People on here supporting the grpai and telling people to turn away from the nasrpc and then going to the shoots themselves. If the grpai know they are not getting the ngb and I think they said as much, then why not affiliate to the nasrpc?
    Do you think everyone arguing against the actions of the NASRPC are hyprcrites? Are you saying that I am a hypocrite because I've agued against the actions of the NASRPC?

I haven't seen too many people on here telling people to turn away from the NASRPC. I've seen plenty of people, myself included, being very critical of the NASRPC but not many telling people to turn away from the NASRPC.

I'm not speaking for the GRPAI but to address your point about why don't the GRPAI affiliate to the NASRPC, maybe the GRPAI don't believe that the NASRPC are a suitable organisation to look after shooters needs. After all, the NASRPC have clearly drawn a line and said that they are not an organisation for shooters, that they are solely an organisation for clubs. Maybe the GRPAI believe that shooters needs are important too. Maybe they believe that a separate organisation is needed to look after the needs of shooters.

Any organisation that removes votes from individual shooters and gives them to clubs isn't looking after the best interests of shooters and that's my honest belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Am I the only person reading this thread, that is thankful there is no range close to my location?
    Because who could be arse'd trying out target shooting when this crap is what awaits?

Would like to try Embassy Cup at some stage, but Jeez, as far as Gallery etc is concerned, even keeping up with the TLA's being bandied about is hard work.......

(And that's why I give up membership of my local gun club. Half of them only interested in arguing over football, and the few who tried to do something constructive getting no support. )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Am I the only person reading this thread, that is thankful there is no range close to my location?
    Because who could be arse'd trying out target shooting when this crap is what awaits?

Would like to try Embassy Cup at some stage, but Jeez, as far as Gallery etc is concerned, even keeping up with the TLA's being bandied about is hard work.......

(And that's why I give up membership of my local gun club. Half of them only interested in arguing over football, and the few who tried to do something constructive getting no support. )

I'm not the only one thinking this then!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭NASRPC

Please feel free to attend any NASRPC events - in the secure knowledge that none of the negative stuff you see here on boards, or indeed on any other social media, actually occurs on the range.

There is only you, your gun, your score ... and maybe a bit of craic.

The next outing for Embassy Cup is MNSCI on the 13th of this month.

NASRPC

NASRPC wrote: »
    Please feel free to attend any NASRPC events - in the secure knowledge that none of the negative stuff you see here on boards, or indeed on any other social media, actually occurs on the range.

NASRPC

I wouldn't mind coming down to view the target shotgun class being shot, although I've only the standard licence on the 500A.
    (Not looking a restricted on it until I get the current sub. through on another gun. 5 weeks and waiting....)
    As long as attending one course doesn't mark you as pro or anti some other course.
    A question,
    If you are shooting only one class of target shotgun, am I correct in thinking your days shooting is over in about 90 seconds?

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind coming down to view the target shotgun class being shot, although I've only the standard licence on the 500A.
    (Not looking a restricted on it until I get the current sub. through on another gun. 5 weeks and waiting....)
    As long as attending one course doesn't mark you as pro or anti some other course.
    A question,
    If you are shooting only one class of target shotgun, am I correct in thinking your days shooting is over in about 90 seconds?

Target shotgun events are what are known as 'shorts' which means they take, at most, 30 mins.

You would need a restricted license as it requires the use of slugs.

When you say 'course' what are you referring to?

Some disciplines, such as Timed & Precision 1 'could' be shot with a double barrell - as they require, at most, 2 shots per string, with 5 seconds between em (for you to reload) - but we haven't seen anyone try yet.

While there you could try your hand at some other disciplines - to fill out the day and see what else may strike your fancy.

if you have any specific questions - drop a line to competitions@nasrpc.ie where someone is bound to answer you before long.

NASRPC

Sorry, I wasn't making myself clear.
    Instead of "course" I should have used the word "Range" or "Establishment"

T&P could be fun seeing if it could be done with the 500, but your still unable to buy/use slugs.

A plan for next year though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

NASRPC

I have to agree here. Get to any of the competitions and have a good day out and shooting. I lot of the comments here are just ppl venting their opinions.
    Embassy Cup is a good comp. but not easy for auld lads like me.
    But remember just turn up and see a comp. first. Most lads will let you have a go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Target shotgun events are what are known as 'shorts' which means they take, at most, 30 mins.

Some disciplines, such as Timed & Precision 1 'could' be shot with a double barrell - as they require, at most, 2 shots per string, with 5 seconds between em (for you to reload) - but we haven't seen anyone try yet.

While there you could try your hand at some other disciplines - to fill out the day and see what else may strike your fancy.

if you have any specific questions - drop a line to competitions@nasrpc.ie where someone is bound to answer you before long.

NASRPC

If T&P1 is shot using a UO or DB shotgun then is is classed in the Classic section within T&P1 and has different timing's for stage 2 and 3. to allow for reloading. I was beside a man shooting this in the Phoenix comp. last year. He only used one barrel of his UO shotgun and had plenty of time to reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

NASRPC

Just to slightly off track this debate...Question.
    Is there a growing demand on Embassy cup?And are people experincing any difficulty in aquireing restricted licenses for shotguns nationally?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Is there a growing demand on Embassy cup?And are people experincing any difficulty in aquireing restricted licenses for shotguns nationally?

From a National perspective that is not really our concern. As an NGB for a range of sports, our role is to provide the opportunity.

Embassy Cup was trialled in three clubs during club competitions and offered as a side match by the host club at a couple of Nationals last year. Following that it was formally requested to be added to the National circuit this year - which it was.

Popularity is not the primary concern, but rather offering competitive opportunities.

We have added various sports over the years, as requested by competitors, via their clubs.
    Most recently GP40, a couple of years ago, with Open Smallbore Pistol, Open Centrefire Pistol, Target Shotgun and Field Sporting Rifle this year.

We have seen the popularity of different disciplines ebb and flow over the years - Sporting Rifle was in decline but is now growing again.
    M1 Gallery Rifle has never been hugely popular, but is nonetheless offered wherever possible.
    Centrefire Pistol, once the most popular form of target shooting, has seen participation drop a lot in recent years, but is still the main competitive arena for many.
    Benchrest rifle, again once a huge sport here in Ireland has declined a bit over the years - yet any range we attend that has the capability, we offer competitive opportunities.
    Target shotgun will be the same - peaks and troughs.

As I have heard it explained quite well, as an NGB, we are like a public service.

Bus Eireann run a bus to belmullet on the off chance anyone out there would like the run back.

NASRPC are similar - they provide competitive opportunities all over the island, on the off chance that someone in those locations would like the opportunity to compete.

Of course there are those who are very competitive, aiming for lofty goals such as Championship Finals or National Teams, who will shoot most matches on the circuit.

But you must always think of the guys and gals all over the island who either can't or don't want to travel to the other end of the island, but would still like the opportunity to compete in a National competition.

Of course the highlight every year is the NASRPC Irish Open where we have competitors travel in from shores foreign and we see many, many of those people who tried their hand at their 'local' National saddle up and come and try their hand at International competition.

I'm sure this year will be no different .... and the Target Shotgun guys can test their mettle against individuals and teams from other nations.

NASRPC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Luckily Benchrest Rifle has it's own NGB, the NRBAI.

Due to that fact, most/all BR shooters will take part in the NRBAI competitions where the scores put in at it's competitions are ranking scores towards National and International standards and for Irish team selection.

Benchrest has not fallen off in recent times as stated above. It may have fallen by the wayside with the NASRPC, and it is also no longer on their calendar of events. The are not the governing body for our disciplines of shooting and do not speak for BR in Ireland.

You are more than welcome to take part with us in any of our competitions. We have one every month in various shooting ranges around the country that facilitate BR. Our shooters are in the tops of their fields on the world wide scale and we have no hesitation in sharing our firearms and equipment with you should you wish to try it out.

Our FB page is https://www.facebook.com/NRBAI
    Our Website is http://nrbai.yolasite.com/

If you wish to contact me, my name is Sharon, and I'm Secretary of the NRBAI. secretary.nrbai@gmail.com.

Regards
    Sharon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I have removed the last post and asked for it to be checked over by legal.

The post is written/signed off on by a third party so needs to be verified. However this is only a small area of concern. The letter contain insults, accusations, and possibly defamatory and slanderous comments against named individuals.

DO NOT attempt to re-post it.

Once the legal team has checked it over it will either be put back up, left deleted, or edited to remove problem/legal parts.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

So the proper embassy cup as per NRA rules isnt shot here in Ireland. But there are plans at some stage for the GRPAI to introduce the competition and not an abridged version as otherwise practiced in Ireland.

A complete embassy cup with M1, shotgun and possibly sb pistol may be considered if there is enough interest as the more classical t&p, multi s are altered to include some wide ranging disciplines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

[Mod Note] Several posts removed because people were playing the man and not the ball. Knock that on the head please and re-read the first rule of the forum charter before posting again. Next time we're giving people time off from the forum for this sort of thing. It's perfectly possible to discuss things like this, even heatedly, without posts that are free of all content and filled with namecalling.[/Mod Note]

Advertisement