Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC Irish Open and 2017 IGRF World Cup now held at MNSCI

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

NASRPC wrote: »
    From a National perspective that is not really our concern. As an NGB for a range of sports, our role is to provide the opportunity.

Embassy Cup was trialled in three clubs during club competitions and offered as a side match by the host club at a couple of Nationals last year. Following that it was formally requested to be added to the National circuit this year - which it was.

Popularity is not the primary concern, but rather offering competitive opportunities.

SNIP

NASRPC

A simple yes/no would do fine to both questions . Yes/No there are more competitions ..Yes/No/We don't know as we haven't heard if anyone is having any bother from our membership of NASRPC.. Would do fine for me! :)
    No need to fill your answer with lengthy offical verbiage .:p

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

jb88 wrote: »
    So the proper embassy cup as per NRA rules isnt shot here in Ireland. But there are plans at some stage for the GRPAI to introduce the competition and not an abridged version as otherwise practiced in Ireland.

A complete embassy cup with M1, shotgun and possibly sb pistol may be considered if there is enough interest as the more classical t&p, multi s are altered to include some wide ranging disciplines.

Thanks! A nice conscise answer.. And yup sign me up for that one.:D Now,if folks might consider that there are some of us out there with semi autos above .30 carbine,[or below it too in 223] if we could be included,you will have more coming on board to shoot this.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Just to slightly off track this debate...Question.
    Is there a growing demand on Embassy cup?And are people experincing any difficulty in aquireing restricted licenses for shotguns nationally?
    1. Is there a growing demand on Embassy cup
      Not so much as a growing demand, more so that 'Target shotgun' is being included in competitions. This is after the Irish shooters that went to the Phoenix comp. in the UK asked could it be run here.
      Not all ranges are cleared for the slug calibre to be shot on their ranges.
    2. And are people experincing any difficulty in aquireing restricted licenses for shotguns nationally?
      Of the 4 or 5 ppl I know that have recently applied for their restricted licenses the licenses were granted OK. 'Good reason' was competition target shooting both here and Internationally.

The biggest problem in Ireland at the moment is getting the correct slugs to shoot. You need to use 'Competition' slugs that have the wad fixed to the slug. With these slugs there is only one hole in the target from the slug. At closer distances the wad from non-comp. slugs will also hit the target and leave a hole as well, making it difficult to score.
    Hope that helps you with the info you were needing Griz

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Thanks! A nice conscise answer.. And yup sign me up for that one.:D Now,if folks might consider that there are some of us out there with semi autos above .30 carbine,[or below it too in 223] if we could be included,you will have more coming on board to shoot this.;)

Sure why not use a semi auto .223, if the bolt can be locked open when moving . Slight disadvantage with bullet diameter, but with everyone using open sights not really much difference and it will promote shooting and make it more open to new competitors who may not have previously competed.

"Cos a few of us had awful trouble getting SA .308s for competitions and hunting in the first place,which involved a good few DC cases..And I,for one,don't really fancy doing all this again for another .223 Plus I cant see either my super or cheif granting me another liscense,they think I am at my absolute limit as it is now.;)
    Ref lock back on SA.Pretty much ANY modern SA will have that function[ bar maybe an AK design,]on last shot or have a bolt release function.

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    1. Is there a growing demand on Embassy cup
      Not so much as a growing demand, more so that 'Target shotgun' is being included in competitions. This is after the Irish shooters that went to the Phoenix comp. in the UK asked could it be run here.
      Not all ranges are cleared for the slug calibre to be shot on their ranges.
    2. And are people experincing any difficulty in aquireing restricted licenses for shotguns nationally?
      Of the 4 or 5 ppl I know that have recently applied for their restricted licenses the licenses were granted OK. 'Good reason' was competition target shooting both here and Internationally.

The biggest problem in Ireland at the moment is getting the correct slugs to shoot. You need to use 'Competition' slugs that have the wad fixed to the slug. With these slugs there is only one hole in the target from the slug. At closer distances the wad from non-comp. slugs will also hit the target and leave a hole as well, making it difficult to score.
    Hope that helps you with the info you were needing Griz

Cheers Clive,all I wanted to know.:) So having a problem getting Rottweil Treffer or KO slugs then?Why not just import the slugs themselves and get a friendly gunsmith/dealer to "make" the ammo here??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Count me in for this one, just need to sort accommodation for 5 shooters now lol

Advertisement