Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logistics Companies - Eastern Europe to Ireland

Options
  • 21-04-2017 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello All,
    I am currently exploring the option of importing a 40ft FCL of goods from Eastern Europe (Bulgaria and/or Latvia) to Cork. Goods exworks from supplier.
    Could anyone recommend a logistics company who could deal with this? At this point I am just looking for quotes to help evaluate my options. I have emailed a few companies but no replies. Do companies prefer to be contacted by phone?
    Any recommendations or advice appreciated.

Wavert.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

look for Rudolph in this forum's post or user search, an expert for decades in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Are you looking for road tranpsort or sea? Road will be quicker and just as safe. Nolans in New Ross, Waebers in Hungary, Girteka in Lithuania or LKW Walter in Austria are some that spring to mind. Most of the big lads will have a choice of trailers aswell so a box or curtain might suit. I know LKW Walter always have trailers all over Europe and come in and out of Ireland. Waeberers have a huge amount of units going through the UK and are starting to creep in here so might be an option. Ring companies dont email is your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

neris wrote: »
    Are you looking for road tranpsort or sea? Road will be quicker and just as safe. Nolans in New Ross, Waebers in Hungary, Girteka in Lithuania or LKW Walter in Austria are some that spring to mind. Most of the big lads will have a choice of trailers aswell so a box or curtain might suit. I know LKW Walter always have trailers all over Europe and come in and out of Ireland. Waeberers have a huge amount of units going through the UK and are starting to creep in here so might be an option. Ring companies dont email is your best option.

Good list of hauliers. LKW is the largest haulier in Europe and indeed would have a lot of equipment around. Considering the commodity (I am in touch with OP) I expect that Road Haulage is too expensive. We are checking container options for him.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement