Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cub Swanson by Submission
    Nice to see the hispek between the two mandem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Lobov catches Cub with an uppercut.
    "I think that was a trip" - Stann

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Lobov catches Cub with an uppercut.
    "I think that was a trip" - Stann

It wasn't a knock down, he tripped while moving backward, it wasn't the punch that dropped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Great stuff from Artem no matter what happens here

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Artem Lobov by Submission
    Not as big a mismatch as people thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

"Win or Learn" tweet incoming .......

Sigh. Just be there ffs.

Mellor wrote: »

Damn right, shocked me very close

"Win or Learn" tweet incoming .......

Sigh. Just be there ffs.

hahah Leave poor John alone, ya are forever at him :pac:

49-46 for Cub to me but Artem wasn't at all disgraced, some very close rounds and he did nothing but prove he belongs in the UFC tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

Mellor wrote: »

Unless you listen to Stann, in which case there was no no position at any point across the 5 rounds where Cub wasnt dominating the fight with his outstanding creativity :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

The amount of missed shots by Cub the commentators have called as hitting Artem is crazy.

Really biased tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Amount of people slating Artem will be eating their words, many a man has left the cage in a lot worse shape after fighting cub including choi last time who got merked a few times over 3 round, Artems improvement has been excellent.

50-45 is a disgrace

cletus wrote: »
    Unless you listen to Stann, in which case there was no no position at any point across the 5 rounds where Cub wasnt dominating the fight with his outstanding creativity :D

The significant strikes breakdown per round will pretty much agree with Stann to be honest. Besides the first round Swanson was on top throughout and his striking was super creative at times. The Saenchai kick and the spinning back elbow from the clinch being the highlights for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Fair play Artem,never gave up, such a tough dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Artem just earned more top 10 fights with that. He took some serious swings and kept walking forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

The significant strikes breakdown per round will pretty much agree with Stann to be honest. Besides the first round Swanson was on top throughout and his striking was super creative at times. The Saenchai kick and the spinning back elbow from the clinch being the highlights for me.

Sorry, forgot my facetiousness tags :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Artem Lobov by Submission
    This post has been deleted.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Amount of people slating Artem will be eating their words, many a man has left the cage in a lot worse shape after fighting cub including choi last time who got merked a few times over 3 round, Artems improvement has been excellent.

In fairness to Artem he is entertaining as fcuk to watch and that alone will get him more fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    I wish Artem would drink a Redbull or 5 before each round. Fairplay to him though, Cub seemed to really appreciate the fight there at the end when he gave him a big hug .

Ps: Close the Poll, lol ;)

• Advertisement

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Cardio didnt its ass stop Artem from winning, he lost to a top 5 guy no shame in it, not good enough simple as that, his imrpovements have been incredible imo.

To go 5 rounds with a guy he was rightfully argued been matched up against and be a livewire is some achievement he won the first surely 49-46 in my eyes ah well good man Artem.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Cardio didnt its ass stop Artem from winning, he lost to a top 5 guy no shame in it, not good enough simple as that, his imrpovements have been incredible imo.

Great respect for Artem. Hes not good enough but his hard work has got him here and deserves a few more fights in the ufc.

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Artem v Choi is the fight to make next, he hasnt been the GOAT's number 1 training partner for years for no reason, he can take a shot like a champ love to see it go down.

hahah Leave poor John alone, ya are forever at him :pac:

Haha.

I criticize the people I like and support quite a bit but it's meant constructively. I give dogs abuse about Martin O' Neill's tactics but I still think he's a great coach and I want Ireland to win :)

Same gig here!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Artem did great but his cardio did hurt him. If he had better cardio, those later rounds would have been closer and he probably would have won another round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I have to say I wrote Artem off ages ago but he really has improved. He looks in far better shape than he used to and I thought he looked great in his open workout.He has to keep his hands up more though not just swinging straight away.

Cub on the other hand looks like he has shrunk a bit even though I think he is as tough as nails.It just might be the right time for Artem to catch him.

I think it could be a great fight.

Yeah It was a great fight like I had hoped.Artem has really come on a great deal to go 5 rounds with Cub.If he just works on a few more things such as more combos rather than single strikes he will be even better. Keep getting that cardio up. He did great to last 5 rounds but will need to expend more energy doing more things next time.

I was impressed with him keeping calm which helped him last the fight.This fight will bring him on a great deal.I thought he would go 3 rounds and just be totally gassed but he used his energy well. Just needs more of it for next time so he can punch and kick more.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Artem did great but his cardio did hurt him. If he had better cardio, those later rounds would have been closer and he probably would have won another round.

I reckon that cut on the eye effected him. He lost his accuracy after it.

I really don't think counter-fighting suits Artem. He landed quite a bit but with a chin like his he should be doing a Nate...... hold a high guard and walk Cub down. He was getting clipped repeatedly after he countered.

As for this "Russian Hammer" thing, 5 decisions in a row is not the sign of a power puncher so I think he needs to give that gimmick a rest in future fight promotions.

Not sure how much more improvement there is to eke out in Artem though and I honestly can't see him ever rising to the challenge of an Aldo/Holloway/Edgar.

He's the new Ross Pearson they will keep around for entertaining fights with up-and-coming fighters to make their name off Artem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Not sure how people can praise Artem for that fight. He's atrocious. Has no business being in there. Cub played a very cagey fight and still comfortably won. At no point was Cub in any danger.

Artem is slow and sluggish. Everything he throws is telegraphed. The only entertaining about him as a fighter is the fact that he's a human punching bag and doesn't mind it.

Advertisement