Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Never thought I'd be staying up till 5am to see Ar-tem fight what a time to be alive.

Our savior Lobov will be here later to entertain the masses!

For about two minutes until his lights go out :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For about two minutes until his lights go out :P

Cub's lights you mean. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Cub Swanson by Submission
    moreno ortiz should be decent compared to what we've seen so far
    I think both can fight at least :p

Cub's lights you mean. :pac:

I have always supported Irish fighters no matter what but I have always been a massive fan of Cub and I am not a fan of Artem acted like he runs the UFC just because he trains with Conor. Yer man Dillon Dannis also wrecks me bulb :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Imagine if Lobov goes on to get the title off Holloway or Aldo....Then we have Rocky 5 where the Protege fights the mentor in a street fight!

:pac:

what's with all ye lot going for artem by ko? ffs ye must have a crystal ball or something :pac:
    or going five even...really?

jesus I really don't believe I'll be eating my words here :D:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have always supported Irish fighters no matter what but I have always been a massive fan of Cub and I am not a fan of Artem acted like he runs the UFC just because he trains with Conor. Yer man Dillon Dannis also wrecks me bulb :pac:

You're just a hater. Danis is the highest paid star in Bellator don't you know. :pac:

great stuff ortiz riding the arse off moreno (need moreno by dec for the money tho 4s)

mailburner wrote: »
    what's with all ye lot going for artem by ko? ffs ye must have a crystal ball or something :pac:
    or going five even...really?

jesus I really don't believe I'll be eating my words here :D:P

I've a fiver bet on Cub with a friend and I still want Artem to win just for the laugh.

• Advertisement

You're just a hater. Danis is the highest paid star in Bellator don't you know. :pac:

Sure he is an icon :cool:

I know its combat sports and anything can happen, I even had a hunch bisping might upset Rockhold but No way Artem beats Cub....... Just no, I mean if I am proven wrong it would be entertaining as all hell :D They might even have Artem headline a card in Dublin.

I've a fiver bet on Cub with a friend and I still want Artem to win just for the laugh.

give him 2/1 on artem and he might up it to 20 :pac:

mailburner wrote: »
    give him 2/1 on artem and he might up it to 20 :pac:

I should really call gamblers anonymous on him. Putting money on artem for this fight is surely a sign you have a gambling problem.

This was my 2 cents earlier about Artem. Hope he can do it as it would be a good story!
    I have to say I wrote Artem off ages ago but he really has improved. He looks in far better shape than he used to and I thought he looked great in his open workout.He has to keep his hands up more though not just swinging straight away.

Cub on the other hand looks like he has shrunk a bit even though I think he is as tough as nails.It just might be the right time for Artem to catch him.

I think it could be a great fight.

I know its combat sports and anything can happen, I even had a hunch bisping might upset Rockhold but No way Artem beats Cub

same as that, backed bisbing on pts funny enough
    there wasnt a hope in hell of him winning any other way :rolleyes:

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    Nothing will surprise me in mma, been a crazy year or 2 especially for upsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Artem Lobov by Submission
    This post has been deleted.

some turnaround there

• Advertisement

What a kick

That was a great fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Great finish from the assassin baby (worst nickname ever though).

ortiz never been stopped before :eek:

Artem will top that finish later with a booming KO :pac:

• Advertisement

Great finish from the assassin baby (worst nickname ever though).

I assume it's a dodgy translation of baby faced assassin. But yeah great fight and cracking finish.

Cub Swanson by KO/TKO
    One fight from a title fight he is now imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I assume it's a dodgy translation of baby faced assassin. But yeah great fight and cracking finish.

Or the fact he's really young

Gamebred wrote: »
    One fight from a title fight he is now imo.

He might get next shot the way that division is :p

Dustin Ortiz lost to 3 title challengers: Reis/Benavidez/Moraga. They didn't finish him.

No one has until Brandon Moreno......

• Advertisement

Cody said he can make 125? He should be next contender down there if he gets past TJ (which I think he wont)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Anyone else secretly looking forward to Platinum Mike Perry? I'm rooting for him he's actually a bit of a character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

giphy.gif

wonder will leites take sam down and sub him...think he might myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Let's be honest, Artem knocking out the 3 Americans with the padded records on TUF shows that his punching power is not just an outlier to his fighting skill.

I remember week by week watching Americans on Youtube talk about how Artem shouldn't even be allowed to come back and fight on the show, and how he would get knocked out against the 10-0,11-1 American records. It was inspiring to see Artem roll right through them with ease. Those knockouts were crisp, had serious pop to them and reminded me a lot of McGregors flash KO's.

Artem KOs him with a power uppercut or at the very least drops him with one.

Cubs cover up stance always leaves a hook or uppercut exposed.

Yeah Alvey isn't moving right at all. Ankle is F*cked

I'm still puzzled as to a) how Sam Alvey copes with his wife in his corner barking orders at him b) how the hell did he pull her in the first place? I could never wrap my head around Dee Devlin in Conors corner barking at him to jab and feint more lol

I'm still puzzled as to a) how Sam Alvey copes with his wife in his corner barking orders at him b) how the hell did he pull her in the first place? I could never wrap my head around Dee Devlin in Conors corner barking at him to jab and feint more lol

Is she hot? she always is only on for a second and last time i saw her properly she was pregnant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I cant help but strongly dislike sam alvey he is so so so so ****ing fake.

tough night for sam, amazing he's on a four fight win streak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Sam in denial about that bullseye ghoulies shot.

Kick in the liathroidi :eek:

Is she hot? she always is only on for a second and last time i saw her properly she was pregnant :pac:

Matter of taste to be honest but I wouldn't say no! Not sure about her new haircut tonight though....

qrz1wp.jpg

x0w8wx.jpg

She's better looking than him I know that much :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

That was a stinker of a fight.

Leites did nothing to take advantage of Sam not moving properly.

Matter of taste to be honest but I wouldn't say no! Not sure about her new haircut tonight though....

qrz1wp.jpg

x0w8wx.jpg

She is definitely pretty for sure but I dont see her as the world 84th sexiest woman of 2008 as she was voted :pac: She doesn't look model good looking if that makes sense, but she is hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

c2a9860f33d1347e809f8bd1783839c0.gif

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »

He is but I like his personality, he is an interesting character. He needs to move more though, he is so slow and so still.

Advertisement