Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrating from Apple Music to Spotify

Options
  • 21-04-2017 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

In my infinite wisdom I'm considering changing music providers, not because I'm unhappy with Apple music, but because I can get a free spotify premium account, instead of paying for an Apple one.

Anyone made the change and can comment, lend some advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I find Spotify miles easier to use than apple music..especially for playlists etc.
    The only reason I switched from Spotify to Apple was just to use one app for all my music although you can add your local music to spotify also but I was too lazy. I did find Apple had some tracks that spotify didn't but nothing major really. If you're getting a free premium account go for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Mlo wrote: »
    I'm considering changing music providers

Sorry, completely off topic, but I loved this statement. Very 21st century. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Sorry, completely off topic, but I loved this statement. Very 21st century. biggrin.png

Yes, It did take me quite a while to get my head around the idea that I'm only renting my music nowadays:)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Now that I'm finally shifted over I thought I'd answer my own question :)

On balance Spotify seems to be pretty much the same as Apple music. I think I prefer the Apple 'for you' and weekly play lists, music selection is about the same, interface is different but broadly the same.  I really like how Spotify handles devices. I also miss the Apple music lock screen widget and being able to like and dislike music, but that isn't a big issue.

My one niggle with Spotify is the 3300 song  limit on downloads (not so much of a problem as my new phone plan gives me 4Gb of data which seems to be more than enough to stream rather than download, but it means that I would have wasted my money on getting more than 32Gb of memory on my iphone) and the 10,000 library limit, which means I can't have every song my all of the artists I like in my library (according to Spotify 99% of users never get to this limit any way. I've been listening to music for a long time and ma a bit of a completest so I got there in a week :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Blazer wrote: »
    I find Spotify miles easier to use than apple music..especially for playlists etc.
    The only reason I switched from Spotify to Apple was just to use one app for all my music although you can add your local music to spotify also but I was too lazy. I did find Apple had some tracks that spotify didn't but nothing major really. If you're getting a free premium account go for it..

I''m actually the opposite.

Much prefer the Apple Music interface , especially since last years update.

Also, love the suggestions on 'For you' and have discovered some great new music through it.

I don't see what the issue is what playlists is either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I moved from Apple to Spotify and found the suggestions for playlists/things you might like much better on Spotify.
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Sorry, completely off topic, but I loved this statement. Very 21st century. :D
    :D

Advertisement