Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employment verification

Options
  • 21-04-2017 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I was offered a role with an educational institute last week. I had to provide two certified written references which I did (I saw them myself). I also needed to send my passport, birth cert, proof of PPS, educational certs and transcripts. All of this had to be original documentation. I also sent the HR representative a couple of questions about logistics regarding the role, rang a couple of times to get an update and even left a voicemail. But I haven't gotten a response.

Is this normal for education institutes, at the very least I would have expected a reply back from them letting me know everything had arrived safely. I did send it by registered post, but what is the harm in sending me a quick email to confirm. I just find the whole thing very odd and I am now concerned about taking up the role (not that I have a choice in saying no).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't worry about the "slammed back down", could easily have been someone who picked it up and put it back or dropped it, it'll sound very loud on your end.

But yes, educational institutes are generally very laid back and slow to get things done. Especially if they're public institutions. You're in the middle of a holiday period for them, so lots of people are off or on a go-slow.

Try again on Monday, you'll probably have better luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

OK, that probably is it. Thanks - that is probably very sensible advice! Her boss might be on holidays and she need clearance etc.

Advertisement