Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 10), Apr 21-22

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hopefully keep momentum up after beating Dundalk last week. Make a top of the table clash next week (although what difference if there's 9 points in it).

As an aside, should Bray be in this position come October, facing Dundalk, then Rovers, then Cork will be as hard an end to the season as you could get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any games on TV tonight?

Was annoyed it looked like it'd be 1-0 down at HT, but sure what a turnaround

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

From 1-0 down in the 40 min Bray lead 3-1 at HT, some turnaround.

City finding it tough, would love to sneak a 1-0 win

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    From 1-0 down in the 40 min Bray lead 3-1 at HT, some turnaround.

City finding it tough, would love to sneak a 1-0 win

City 1 up. You might get your wish

• Advertisement

We want 5!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That Bray game sounds like an entertaining watch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2-0 city, get In!

Should be fun in turners cross next week, finally get to a game.

Mushy wrote: »

Goals goals goals hopefully, 3-1 would be nice

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Goals goals goals hopefully, 3-1 would be nice

Bray have scored less than 2 goals in only 2 games, on paper should be a goal fest so you know what'll happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Never thought Id be saying it but we could have close to a full house for a top of the table clash v Bray next Friday.

10 from 10 for Cork City is just dreamland stuff, especially with two away games in Dublin just finished with that we would have struggled with in previous seasons.

CHealy wrote: »
    Never thought Id be saying it but we could have close to a full house for a top of the table clash v Bray next Friday.

10 from 10 for Cork City is just dreamland stuff, especially with two away games in Dublin just finished with that we would have struggled with in previous seasons.

If the weather is good, hopefully be over 6k if not more.

I'm delighted with the season so far, and considering they got 2 losses in a row was tough to take. 21 points now, not far to go to be safe from relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would have been over the moon with 1-0 never mind 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I heard a lot of talk about Cork not being overly impressive despite them winning games and i must admit they didn't impress me tonight. It was never a three nil game and i couldn't believe when we went behind.

But you simply cannot argue with Cork's record, ten wins out of ten is superb. They are clinical, simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

monkey9 wrote: »
    I heard a lot of talk about Cork not being overly impressive despite them winning games and i must admit they didn't impress me tonight. It was never a three nil game and i couldn't believe when we went behind.

But you simply cannot argue with Cork's record, ten wins out of ten is superb. They are clinical, simple as that.

I was only able to catch the first half on that betting stream thing, but City looked crap in that period, cant comment on the 2nd half cause the thing froze on me but a win is a win and if we are winning these games while playing like we did in the 1st half, well Im a bit excited to think of what we could do if we play well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Was annoyed it looked like it'd be 1-0 down at HT, but sure what a turnaround

Same as many times already this season, start well, score, a five minute period of self destruction kills it off. Often with a penalty and general indiscipline. I have never seen a keeper do that for a penalty. He should've been substituted at half-time to make a point about losing control and has to be dropped.

Buttimer sterlingly did his bit to make sure Rovers got nothing going forward second half, but they were lucky to only concede four in the other end. Bray played him very well in fairness, showing up some inexperience amongst the newer players to the league perhaps to his random decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

CHealy wrote: »
    I was only able to catch the first half on that betting stream thing, but City looked crap in that period, cant comment on the 2nd half cause the thing froze on me but a win is a win and if we are winning these games while playing like we did in the 1st half, well Im a bit excited to think of what we could do if we play well.

This is it. I always felt we were in the game and i thought we could win it, but once we conceded we just collapsed and Cork pushed on from there. As i said, Cork were just very clinical. Maguire was very quiet tonight but the other Cork lads were able to get the goals so it's good signs there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I've heard opposition fans of a few clubs say, Cork didn't play well against them but they are ten from ten for a reason.

Cork are very well organised and a very solid outfit they seem to be scoring goals now from different sources which was one of their main issues in recent seasons. I think they have a style that could do well in Europe.

As for Dundalk, we've been bang average to good at different parts of different games but generally the opposition has been pretty weak. If we were to beat Galway next week we'd finish with 24 points which is league winning form most years but Corks incredible start is a freak occurrence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Scoreline was harsh although Cork did deserve to win. We tried hard but didn't create enough to threaten Mcnulty. Wasn't massively impressed with Cork thought they improved a bit when Bolger came on for McCormack. Macguire was dealt with fairly well by Peers and Feely except for one break which led to a free from which Cork hit the post. We need to start picking up points soon or else we'll become stuck at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Reds supposedly robbed by UCD....

Advertisement