Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Knex. wrote: »
    Revolut Card could potentially be a good option for payments as well. Use the card all the time myself, and you can transfer money instantly to other people who use the app/card.

Even taking that aside, its actually a great thing. You basically get a mastercard for free which gives you great rates when using abroad or online with other currencies.

Im a big fan of the Revolut card. It could be an option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Great frag - like a more wearable Tuscan Leather; I'd be on the list for it myself if I didn't already have a bunch of leather frags.

Thanks for the compliment...I think!?

Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Similar to the SMW and VIW, I've now managed to get access to a smaller 250ml flacon of Creed Himalaya. With three slots already gone, this means there are just two 50ml slots left, priced at €61 each. I haven't smelled this one, but it's a very highly regarded masculine scent within the fragrance community. Shout if you want one - let's get it over the line this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Similar to the SMW and VIW, I've now managed to get access to a smaller 250ml flacon of Creed Himalaya. With three slots already gone, this means there are just two 50ml slots left, priced at €61 each. I haven't smelled this one, but it's a very highly regarded masculine scent within the fragrance community. Shout if you want one - let's get it over the line this weekend!

ill take one of those spots Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Speaking of Creed, they've started supplying their frags in new bottles. The 120ml and 75ml are now gone and replaced with 50ml and 100ml. The prices haven't reduced however. Smaller bottles, same prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Met Pat and got my Aventus 4 today. Absolute gent. Love the frag. Definitely more pineapple than the 5ml sample i had years ago which was more smokey. No brainer to get in on a split especially with the new pricing/sizing that Creed is rolling out. €195 for a 50ml?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

My GIT and Aventus arrived yesterday.

Very happy with both but it would be remiss of me to not mention the impeccable packaging, communication and all round service from Pat.

Simply an outstanding member of the Boards community.

I was a bit sceptical when he originally posted about this but I'm delighted to have been proven dead wrong.

Thanks a million for all the effort you have put in getting the fragrances bought, split and dispatched.

You have a helluva lot more patients than I do, that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Rod Munch wrote: »

Very happy with both but it would be remiss of me to not mention the impeccable packaging, communication and all round service from Pat.

I was a bit sceptical when he originally posted about this but I'm delighted to have been proven dead wrong.

Thanks a million for all the effort you have put in getting the fragrances bought, split and dispatched.

+1 An unbelievably great service. Just received mine yesterday so looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks and will be back for more splits in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'll get the ball rolling on a new Aventus bottle also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Sent over the money there Padraig by bank transfer, cheers for organising this again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Why have I never seen this thread before?! It's amazing the effort Padraig is putting in

I've just read good things about the 17q11 batch of Aventus, looking forward to receiving it even more now.

The fragrance message boards and Facebook groups are creaming themselves over this batch! I'm not sure how long they produce individual batches though - there was a 17Q01 batch too but that seems to have been made only fleetingly. I would expect that my next flacon or two of Aventus would likely be 17Q11 if people are on the lookout for it - but can't guarantee it unfortunately.

Im a big fan of the Revolut card. It could be an option for you.
    Will check it out. My main purchases are in Euro, but the bottles come from the UK.
    jackrussel wrote: »
    ill take one of those spots Padraig
    Done. Just one slot left on Himalaya now - I don't see it being repeated, so last chance everyone to pick up a bottle of this classic!
    Passenger wrote: »
    Speaking of Creed, they've started supplying their frags in new bottles. The 120ml and 75ml are now gone and replaced with 50ml and 100ml. The prices haven't reduced however. Smaller bottles, same prices.
    Yip, that's Creed for you! Haven't seen it listed in Ireland yet, but 50ml is £170 in UK, so ~€200 sounds about right.
    Rod Munch wrote: »

Thanks, genuinely appreciate the feedback. Hoping to improve things if the interest remains there from people - principally sorting bottle issues (my supply is inconsistent and I find I often have to wash them, not always 100% successfully) and labelling (sending paper labels ATM but would love to do decent adhesive film labels for that professional touch).
    keane2097 wrote: »
    I'll get the ball rolling on a new Aventus bottle also.
    No problem. Just to point out to everyone again though that all new slots will be at a higher price due to tax issues, but I don't have the price set yet. Will update when sorted - hopefully a few days. They'll still offer huge value though!
    Sent over the money there Padraig by bank transfer, cheers for organising this again.
    Thanks - will email when i receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Any spot left for aventus

Redriddick wrote: »
    Any spot left for aventus

Yes - permanently available, just need to fill 10 slots each time. Price is going up, but haven't confirmed how much yet.

Yes - permanently available, just need to fill 10 slots each time. Price is going up, but haven't confirmed how much yet.

Sound stick me down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Padraig...

I wore the Creed Aventus (or fanny magnet as I like to call it) to a BBQ over the weekend and went home with two Dutch girls!!

RESULT;):D

frag420 wrote: »

I wore the Creed Aventus (or fanny magnet as I like to call it) to a BBQ over the weekend and went home with two Dutch girls!!

LOL - glad to be of service!

I don't think I'm charging enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

TERRE D’HERMES

When this is back on offer could I ask for 2 please.
    Also can I collect some weekend after the deal is done?

Regards,
    Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Following this thread with interest, I'd like to be included in the Creed slot if it's possible please ?

Edit: I'd take a GIT also if it's available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Could you put me down for aventus please?

I've noted all the new requests and will revert to you ASAP with new pricing when I've confirmed it.

Payment requests gone out for the following:
    Virgin Island Water
    Royal Oud
    Silver Mountain Water
    Himalaya (one slot left if someone wants it - don't see this one being repeated).

The following are bottled and should ship in next two days, or will wait for requested later splits. Lot of stuff to ship though, so some may spill over to next week as I prefer the packages not to sit in the courier depot over the weekend.
    Aventus #5
    GIT #2
    Hermes #4
    Atelier Poivre Electrique.

An observation re Aventus: I had been puzzled by sediment turning up in some of the bottles I decanted, which i took to be dirt in my empty bottles and was, frankly, a bit embarrassed by. Turns out I was wrong! I had a good look at the last flacon of Aventus last night before opening it and the sediment is actually in the flacon itself! Not sure if it's deliberate (it ain't in GIT), and it certainly doesn't affect the scent - but if there's sediment in your Aventus decant, it's from Creed, not me!

An observation re Aventus: I had been puzzled by sediment turning up in some of the bottles I decanted, which i took to be dirt in my empty bottles and was, frankly, a bit embarrassed by. Turns out I was wrong! I had a good look at the last flacon of Aventus last night before opening it and the sediment is actually in the flacon itself! Not sure if it's deliberate (it ain't in GIT), and it certainly doesn't affect the scent - but if there's sediment in your Aventus decant, it's from Creed, not me!

Payment requests gone out for the following: Virgin Island Water Royal Oud Silver Mountain Water Himalaya (one slot left if someone wants it - don't see this one being repeated).

I'll take the himalaya slot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

We're not alone, someone on Basenotes mentions the same thing regarding sediment -
    So I thought it was crazy but I notice now that when my 15U11 sits there's definitely sediment that sinks to the bottom

BTW. '15U11' is a reference to the Aventus batch number.

Redriddick wrote: »
    I'll take the himalaya slot!!
    Cheers, will PM you payment details.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    We're not alone, someone on Basenotes mentions the same thing regarding sediment -

BTW. '15U11' is a reference to the Aventus batch number.

Weird - was driving me crazy! I was apologizing to people and everything. Still smells the same though! (and I have 15U11 at home - no sediment!).

Gotta say Creed are tight as **** with their volumes - no chance you're getting extra. In fact, the two GIT flacons so far were slightly under 500ml so splits are about 49ml :mad:. In contrast, the Hermes 125ml bottles I get have a good bit extra so people are getting 26/27ml. BTW, the 'tall' bottles I'm using at the moment don't fill right to the top in case anyone thinks theirs has leaked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭dmc17

Hi, can I join in for the Aventus and I'd also like to try the Terre D’Hermes as I'm a sucker for trying new smells :D

dmc17 wrote: »
    Hi, can I join in for the Aventus and I'd also like to try the Terre D’Hermes as I'm a sucker for trying new smells :D

Both top choices!

Actually I'm really coming to like GIT these days - it's incredibly fresh smelling and definitely more office safe than Aventus!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭dmc17

Both top choices!

Actually I'm really coming to like GIT these days - it's incredibly fresh smelling and definitely more office safe than Aventus!

Haha, don't tempt me. I'll start with two for now and probably try GIT before too long :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,038 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

frag420 wrote: »

So is this result guaranteed? :p

Advertisement