Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Hi Pat

Had a request from other half for BYREDO - Gypsy Water.
    Are you familiar - is this something that could be included in future splits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭SteM

OT - Noticed that 120ml of Cedrat Boise by Mancera is down to £52 on Notino at the moment. It was covered in a split before, thought some people might be interested in a full purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

carq wrote: »
    Hi Pat

Had a request from other half for BYREDO - Gypsy Water.
    Are you familiar - is this something that could be included in future splits ?
    Potentially, but only if I got a good discount as I'm not sure a split based off RRP would be good enough value. Unfortunately Byredo is very rarely found at discount!

SteM wrote: »
    OT - Noticed that 120ml of Cedrat Boise by Mancera is down to £52 on Notino at the moment. It was covered in a split before, thought some people might be interested in a full purchase.
    That's an insanely low price - I've never seen it that cheap before. Hard to keep track of Notino prices though - they fluctuate alarmingly on a day to day basis.

Houbigant Fougere Royale: just to confirm there's still 10ml of this available.

Santal 33: down to the last ~60ml of this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Houbigant Fougere Royale: just to confirm there's still 10ml of this available.

10 mls of the above and L'Humaniste if possible. cheers:)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    10 mls of the above and L'Humaniste if possible. cheers:)

Cheers. That's those both all done now.

Last bottle remaining of each of the following recent stuff:
    Mugler - Pure Havane 10ml @ €11.50.
    Creed - Aventus for Her 50ml @ €93.

I also have a good bit of Armani/Prive - Vetiver d'Hiver left @ €37.50 / 25ml for anyone fancying some discount summer citrus freshness. Also a couple of Escentric Molecules - Molecule 01 @ €13 / 10ml. Getting low on Santal 33 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Could I get a 10ml of the molecule but hold off on shipping until I get the next few bits to make it worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Hi Padraig,

Can I order the following:
    Mugler - Pure Havane @ 10ml.
    Escentric Molecules - Molecule 01 @ 10ml.
    Santal 33 @ 30ml.
    Creed Aventus Men @ 50ml.

Many thanks! :)

Cheers b&c and u&c! Last 10ml left of Molecule 01 now, and 30ml left of Santal 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just got my latest package delivered. As usual its well protected and the gift bag is much appreciated Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Bykobap

Just got my package with an post.
    Thanks Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Out of interest has anyone had any thoughts on their Aventus Cologne purchase?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Out of interest has anyone had any thoughts on their Aventus Cologne purchase?

As before, personally it comes across as a lighter, fresher Aventus to me (haven't smelt Chanel Allure Homme so can't compare - I know you found similarity). In and of itself I think it's a good fragrance........but it seems kind of pointless when viewed alongside its big brother to me. From reading forums that seems to be the general view - nice frag but what's the point buying "watered down" Aventus when the real thing only costs a little more?! I've received advertising material from Creed where they're pushing the Cologne as 'daytime Aventus' and the original for night / occasion use and I've heard reports of counter staff pushing the same line.

As before, personally it comes across as a lighter, fresher Aventus to me (haven't smelt Chanel Allure Homme so can't compare - I know you found similarity). In and of itself I think it's a good fragrance........but it seems kind of pointless when viewed alongside its big brother to me. From reading forums that seems to be the general view - nice frag but what's the point buying "watered down" Aventus when the real thing only costs a little more?! I've received advertising material from Creed where they're pushing the Cologne as 'daytime Aventus' and the original for night / occasion use and I've heard reports of counter staff pushing the same line.

More office friendly than the original. The Allure Homme similarity is there in the middle and pretty strong, but kind of goes as it bottoms out and leaves something vaguely similar to the original. I do like it, definitely wearable, probably not too formal, but there's no point in comparing chalk and cheese if you know what I mean.

Slattsy wrote: »
    More office friendly than the original. The Allure Homme similarity is there in the middle and pretty strong, but kind of goes as it bottoms out and leaves something vaguely similar to the original. I do like it, definitely wearable, probably not too formal, but there's no point in comparing chalk and cheese if you know what I mean.

Good point re the office. The original is perhaps a bit loud if you're trigger happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mrm

You'll get your answer if you ever make the mistake of applying Aventus for a long car journey on a day the windows must stay shut!:o

Its interesting that Tom Ford is going the 'Intense' route while Creed create a weaker flanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Lads I think we need to accept Creed Aventus is no longer niche and rather a very expensive but very popular fragrance that’s gone the way of 1million, cool waters and le male.

I was in Arnotts earlier and they have a huge display that takes up a large chunk of the fragrance section with 8 bottles of original and the cologne.

I’m pretty friendly with the sales staff and they told me they sold 150 bottles of explorer by mont blond it’s first weekend as word got out they smell similar.

And to make matters worse twice now I have gotten “o your wearing Aventus!” rather then “what are you wearing?”

Lads I think we need to accept Creed Aventus is no longer niche and rather a very expensive but very popular fragrance that’s gone the way of 1million, cool waters and le male.

I was in Arnotts earlier and they have a huge display that takes up a large chunk of the fragrance section with 8 bottles of original and the cologne.

I’m pretty friendly with the sales staff and they told me they sold 150 bottles of explorer by mont blond it’s first weekend as word got out they smell similar.

And to make matters worse twice now I have gotten “o your wearing Aventus!” rather then “what are you wearing?”

I guess you hit on the question there of 'what is niche?'. There's no doubt Aventus was niche when launched, and for some time after before popularity exploded. Does it (or any other fragrance) stop being niche just because it's popular? If say - to take an extreme example - Amouage Figment (as far from 'safe' as it's possible to get) were to be a huge overnight success (a bit of a stretch I'll grant you!), is it no longer niche? Different folks have different interpretations of niche - I certainly don't hold the answers!

I wonder though - is Aventus really that popular? I mean, for a niche (there we go again!) scent it's obviously done very well - but I do question whether people on this thread (people with great taste :cool:) and on Basenotes or similar are not representative of the average Joe or Jane. Does the dude on the street really know Aventus - I bet he knows Sauvage and Bleu de Chanel though! I rarely come across anyone wearing Aventus - it's noteworthy when I do. One thing I think can't be denied though is that it's a once in a lifetime superhit for Creed - they really lucked out with it. It's not my favourite Creed (that honour falls to Spice & Wood) but there's little doubt it's far and away their best seller. It does put them in the position of the 'difficult second album' though - and Viking and Aventus Cologne haven't set the world alight with sales (I prefer Viking to Aventus though, so there you go....).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Last bottle remaining of each of the following recent stuff:
    Mugler - Pure Havane 10ml @ €11.50.

Finally got around to testing this out, very very nice scent. Doesn't seem to last too long to my nose but for 11.50 you can't go wrong really!

Updated 28/6/19 :

As well as the stuff below, I have the following available in hand as of 28/6/2019:

Creed - Aventus: a few 50ml left @ €81 each.
    Creed - Aventus for Her: last 50ml left @ €93.

Armani Prive - Vetiver d'Hiver: very nice citrus summer fragrance. I've three Last 25ml bottle left at a reduced price of €30 (was €37.50).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**A few new bits**

PARFUMS DE MARLY
    375x500.39314.jpg
    Layton Royal Essence *in hand*
    I listed this recently and it disappeared quickly, leaving a few folks disappointed. Now's your chance to get it - and at an even better price than before (and that price was already good)! This is very versatile juice, fresh and fruity. RRP €160 / 75ml.
    €20 for 10ml, €46 for 25ml, €82.50 for 50ml, or €111 for 75ml in the original 125ml bottle and box. One bottle only.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ATELIER COLOGNE
    375x500.34822.jpg
    Musc Imperial *in hand*
    Another from my favourite freshy house Atelier Cologne. This is one of their highest rated on review sites and differs a bit from their usual fayre in that the citrus is dialled back in favour of fig and blackcurrant, and a woody drydown. It's a bit 'heftier' than the average Atelier but its fruity scent still makes it great summer wear. Of course the big noise about this is how similar it smells to Aventus.....personally I don't see it myself in the opening, although the drydown is in the vein of Aventus' drydown. Opening reminds me of Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma. RRP €60 / 30ml.
    €29.50 for 25ml or €49 for 50ml. One 200ml bottle only.

BY KILIAN

Sacred Wood *in hand*

CREED

Royal Oud *in hand*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hey Pat,

I'll take 25ml of the Parfums de Marly please

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,027 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

royal oud is amazing folks get in there

Cyrus wrote: »
    royal oud is amazing folks get in there

Aye.

If I didn't have it already, I'd be all over the 50ml in the posh bottle. Likes the posh I do.

Sacred Wood one of, if not my most worn aftershaves for formal events.

All Killian stuff is extremely long lasting, up there with Amouge, but without knocking you out, as they have a bit more finesse.

I'd take it myself but I'm full. Fabulous scent.

Something very posh ordered for da laydeez - don't say I don't look after you girls! Will be putting it on my Autumn list after holidays.

I have the following available in hand as of 5/7/2019:

Creed - Aventus: Three 50ml left @ €81 each.
    Armani Prive - Vetiver d'Hiver: very nice citrus summer fragrance. Last 25ml bottle left at a reduced price of €30 (was €37.50).
    Parfums de Marly - Layton Royal Essence: 60ml left at €20 for 10ml, €46 for 25ml or €77.50 for 50ml in the original 125ml bottle (new option).
    Atelier Cologne - Musc Imperial: 150ml left at €29.50 for 25ml, or €49 for 50ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I have the following available in hand as of 5/7/2019:

Creed - Aventus: Three 50ml left @ €81 each.
    Armani Prive - Vetiver d'Hiver: very nice citrus summer fragrance. Last 25ml bottle left at a reduced price of €30 (was €37.50).
    Parfums de Marly - Layton Royal Essence: 60ml left at €20 for 10ml, €46 for 25ml or €77.50 for 50ml in the original 125ml bottle (new option).
    Atelier Cologne - Musc Imperial: 150ml left at €29.50 for 25ml, or €49 for 50ml.

Get on the Layton Royal Essence if you're looking for a good summer frag. Took a punt on it and really impressed.

Get on the Layton Royal Essence if you're looking for a good summer frag. Took a punt on it and really impressed.

Aye, it's fair nice.

@Pat: If you're ever doing Carlisle, Herod, Percival, or Sedley, I'll take 50ml in the posh bottle please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Parfums de Marly - Layton Royal Essence: €77.50 for 50ml in the original 125ml bottle (new option).

I'll take this off you, Pat.

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    I'll take this off you, Pat.

Sure. Just PMed you - I can get it out tomorrow.

Advertisement