Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Yes and no. I can get it but currently price would be €275 plus shipping for a retail 100ml bottle. Let me know if interested. (I still have you on the Aventus split list BTW, no availability yet on flacons).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

OK thanks for that. I will wait for the split.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 _d4n13L

Has anyone done a Le Labo split? I would be down for some Rose 31 or Santal 33.

I have some 20mls of Vetiver 46 and about 15ml or Oud 27 to swap or sell for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wedo

Hi Padraig! Registered here to leave a message. My old aventus hookup (on basenotes) is no longer active, and I'm looking for a 50ml bottle. Are there slots available? And any idea regarding timelines?

• Advertisement

Palmolive? Disappeared ages ago!

Yes, have a couple of slots left. Pricing TBC until I actually order but expect €110 plus shipping and hope for a bit less. Timelines - who knows! There's been no Aventus flacons at any of the usual suppliers since before Christmas so it's a waiting game (this happens every so often with Creed stuff) - could turn up tomorrow, could be a lot longer! I don't know and neither do the suppliers (I asked!). Stick your name down if you like - I'll only ask for money when stock availability is confirmed and I'm ready to order (but I do ask you're ready to go ASAP as the flacons may run out pretty quick after they arrive). I used to keep an extra flacon of Aventus on hand for requests as they arose but (i) it moves a lot slower these days and (ii) it's got so bloody expensive (doubled over the last few years) that it's prohibitive to tie up so much cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wedo

No, it was hdeoliveira! Always had good experiences but he seems to have vanished. Pricing sounds good, definitely put me down and I'll make sure to keep checking for updates :) I've updated my prefs to receive email notification in case I'm quoted/mentioned in this topic, but if you could send a PM when the time comes, the email notification should reach me for sure. (I'll still check this topic regularly regardless).

Seems I'm the only splitter left standing! I've put you down for that anyway and no worries - I'll drop you a PM at the relevant time!

Fragrance Splits - March / April 2023

Parcel shipping

An Post tracked parcel service shipping is €11 per box – I’ll squeeze in 4 to 6 bottles depending on size. Delivery is normally next day but may occasionally take longer. Date of despatch obviously depends on whether bottles are to hand etc. I normally ship between Monday and Wednesday.

Plastic bottles and An Post shipping

You can choose to get 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. These don't look as nice as glass atomisers (but they do have beastly sprayers!), but I can ship them via An Post’s large letter service at a considerably lower cost of €4.95 for up to seven 10ml bottles (or three 20ml bottles). Note this shipping is not tracked or insured, and is only available for 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. Larger splits and/or glass still need to go via parcel service. Please ask for this option as early as you can, as I sometimes bottle splits before they've been allocated for logistical reasons.

Left overs

Stuff that hasn’t sold yet.....in hand or due in soon.

• Creed – Aventus: Price TBC - expect €110 for 50ml and hope for less. No timeline on this yet - flacons out of stock everywhere so may be some time. Feel free to put your name down though - I'll only ask for money when it's available and being ordered..
    • Maison Margiela - By the Fireplace: €15 for 10ml, €28 for 20ml or €40 for 30ml.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Creed

Aventus (*in hand - super pricing*)

Very rare opportunity to get a 'small split' of Aventus from me - it's normally 50ml only! Very limited availability.

• €28.50 for 10ml, or €55 for 20ml. €237 for 50ml at retails folks - you do the math!

..............................................................................................................................

Millesime Imperial (*in hand - super pricing*)

Fantastic pricing on this versatile Creed classic. Also very limited availability!

• €20.50 for 10ml, or €38 for 20ml.

..............................................................................................................................

Virgin Island Water (*on the way*)

Absolutely no introduction needed for this one – summer in a bottle, it’s like wearing a pina colada with its blend of coconut, rum and lime. Unisex. “Extremely realistic coconut and lime fragrance. It's as though I squeezed a lime and can still smell it on my skin. Pleasantly salty, delicious, and clean..”

*Flacons of VIW are available for the first time in a couple of years (really!) folks – grab some before it disappears again!* 500ml flacons already gone so only 250ml left, hence slightly higher price.

• €110 for 50ml. Only two available

Mancera

Wave Musk (*in hand*)

Just how many fragrances do Mancera actually have?! Anyway, this one focusses on an acquatic vision, with sea salt, driftwood, seaweed, musk and citrus. “A beautiful, fresh, aromatic, clean marine scent. Not Blue. Not Citrus. Hot Spring & Summer obligatory cologne. Lasting 6 hours so far (hopefully longer after maceration). And perfect in the office too. Unisex leaning masculine. If Creed Erolfa or Creed Millesime Imperial are your thing...give this a try.

• 15 for 10ml, €28 for 20ml, €39.50 for 30ml or €65 for 60ml. 60ml portion in original 120ml bottle and box. 

Alfred Dunhill

Amalfi Citrus (*in hand*)

From Dunhill’s upscale Signature range, this is, rather unsurprisingly, a blast of citrus bringing to mind summer days on the Amalfi coast – apparently anyway, I’ve never been. Very highly rated on Fragrantica. “This is an oily tart bitter lemon rind on sweet Neroli and a touch of greeness thanks to some rosemary. It has a very slightly soapy drydown almost having a laundered feel. Very fresh and uplifting.” (Fragrantica).

• €15 for 10ml or €28 for 20ml.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Bargain Basement Baller Corner

Serious discounts here on two ultra high end fragrances, both first time listings. Grab them while they’re hot – unlikely to be seen at these prices again. And if you think they seem expensive, you should see the normal retail prices!

Clive Christian - X for men (*in hand*)

Sophisticated, complex, and artfully blended, the emphasis here is on cinnamon, cardamom and clove – notes not often seen this prominent and I’m not really sure why as this smells luxurious, masculine and confident – and pretty unique. Fantastic packaging. “X for men has a spicy yet elegant scent that is both contemporary and unique. Its luxurious aroma is well-suited for the boardroom, conveying confidence and power to those who wear it. I particularly appreciate how this fragrance manages to be both bold and refined at the same time.” RRP €350 for 50ml.

• €38 for 10ml. One only.

Roja Parfums - Aoud Parfum (*open split*)

I haven’t actually smelt this, but given its price tag of €450 for a mere 30ml (pass the defibrillator!), one presumes it is of the highest quality. Expertly blended by master perfumer Roja Dove, this unisex scent features classic notes of oud, herbs and rose. “This is an absolutely gorgeous fragrance. It starts off harsh in my opinion however after the first 5 min it starts to settle into such a wonderful Rose and Oud combination. It is more sharp then Amber Aoud however they share a lot of similarities in my opinion. To me this fragrance is well worth the cost and it absolutely draws attention.” 

• €24 for *5ml*, €44.50 for 10ml, €87 for 20ml, €129.50 for 30ml, or €209.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle with crystal cap and box.

Atkinson's

English Lavender (*in hand*)

Allegedly originally launched in 1799 (really?) this is an old school unisex leaning masculine cologne. It smells of lavender! It smells English! It’s cheap! “Smells like a warm field of sun-dried lavender in the autumn... dry and cozy like jumping into a hay loft , not fresh like a typical lavender air freshener. Decent strength and longevity, in my opinion unisex. Fades in around 3 hours to a subtle skin scent” – Fragrantica user.

• €6 for 10ml or €11 for 20ml.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Maison Margiela

Beach Walk (*in hand*)

One for the ladies here. Floral / sunscreen mixture reminiscent of a walk along a beach...if the beach is covered in coconuts anyway. “It's a warm, inviting smell that resembles sunscreen, but in the best way. I get a hint of those classic coconut and banana accords, which I am in love with. It has a slight lactonic quality that gives it that "your skin but better" effect.

• €13 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml or €34 for 30ml.

Demeter Parfums

Gin & Tonic (*in hand*)

One of many fragrances in Demter’s simple Fragrance Library, this one supposedly smells like a gin & tonic. Questionable performance. “Fresh lime with a prominent bitter gin note, perfect for hot summer days and makes a refreshing change from the countless sweet fruity perfumes out there. I can almost imagine drinking this'"

• €8.50 for 10ml or €16.50 for 20ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El_robbo1980

Hi Pat,

Any plans for another split of Curacao Bay?

• Advertisement

No specific plans for it. I do have a few 'summery' bits here alright and plan to list a few more next week probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭OldRio

Hi Pat, looking for something for the summer. How's the availability of the Mancera Wave Musk?

Wave Musk is good - have plenty left at €15/28/39.50/65 for 10/20/30/60ml (60ml in original 120ml bottle). In the 'summery' section I also have Atkinson's English Lavender at €6/11 for 10/20ml, Creed Millesime Imperial at €20.50/38 for 10/20ml (really good pricing for this), Demeter Gin & Tonic at €8.50/16.50 for 10/20ml and Dunhill Amalfi Citrus at €15/28 for 10/20ml. I also have 'small' splits of Creed Aventus which is something I rarely have, good price too at €28.50/55 for 10/20ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Hi Pat, any Explorer left?, you had it listed in your last email.

Yip, plenty. Will mail you. Forgot to update this thread TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,368 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Hi @Padraig Mor, are there any of those small splits of Creed Aventus left?

Fragrance Splits - June / July / August 2023

Parcel shipping

An Post tracked parcel service shipping is €11 per box – I’ll squeeze in 4 to 6 bottles depending on size. Delivery is normally next day but may occasionally take longer. Date of despatch obviously depends on whether bottles are to hand etc. I normally ship between Monday and Wednesday.

You can choose to get 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. These don't look as nice as glass atomisers (but they do have beastly sprayers!), but I can ship them via An Post’s large letter service at a considerably lower cost of €4.95 for up to seven 10ml bottles (or three 20ml bottles). Note this shipping is not tracked or insured, and is only available for 10ml or 20ml splits in plastic atomisers. Larger splits and/or glass still need to go via parcel service. Please ask for this option as early as you can, as I sometimes bottle splits before they've been allocated for logistical reasons.

Left overs

• Creed – Aventus: Price TBC - expect €113 for 50ml and hope for less. No timeline on this yet - flacons out of stock everywhere so may be some time. Feel free to put your name down though - I'll only ask for money when it's available and being ordered..
    • Mancera - Wave Musk: €15 for 10ml, €28 for 20ml, €39.50 for 30ml or €65 for 60ml. 60ml portion in original 120ml bottle and box.
    • Demeter - Gin & Tonic: €8.50 for 1ml or €16.50 for 20ml.
    • Atkinson's - English Lavender: €6 for 10ml or €11 for 20ml.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ROJA PARFUMS

Scandal Pour Homme Parfum Cologne (*in hand - nice price*)

‘Parfum Cologne’ (ya wha?) interpretation of Roja’s Scandal for men. Challenging animalic opening drying down to a bright aromatic citrusy lavender. Pretty cheap as Roja goes too.  “citrusy lavender aromatic fragrance. Very elegant and bright fragrance great for warmer weather but it sits close to the skin. I can slightly detect the animalic quality others are mentioning but to me it just makes this fragrance a bit more masculine.” – Fragrantica user.

• €28 for 10ml, €54 for 20ml, €79 for 30ml, or €124 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

JO MALONE SPECIAL OFFER!

Lime Basil Mandarin and Pomegranate Noir

Brand new, unused 50ml retail bottles of these two - exactly what you'd get in the shops (NB JM fragrances don't come cellophane wrapped). €55 each - why pay €88 elsewhere?! Ideal gift. Both often used by women but I reckon a man could carry them too.

• €55 for 50ml retail bottle and box. One only of each!

ATELIER COLOGNE

Pacific Lime (*in hand - nice price*)

As with most Atelier Cologne, the name gives away the game here: lime, lime, and more lime…..plus a supporting cast of eucalyptus and coconut. One for the summer. “ Opens with a burst of minty lemon-lime that transitions into a fruity heart punctuated by a camphor note, resting on a woody coconut base. Has a watery, succulent sweet. minty & fruity quality that's all cut by the camphor-eucalyptus note. Average performance for a light summer wearing experience”.

• €22.50 for 20ml, €32 for 30ml or €49 for 50ml.

MONTBLANC

Explorer (*in hand*)

The brand have a lot of flowery stuff to say about Explorer but really what it comes down to is that it smells rather a lot like Creed Aventus – without the price tag. “Pinnacle of classiness. wood and citrus blended to perfection. Very versatile, fresh and masculine, works in any situation and gets you compliments. Is it original? maybe not, but for the price and that amazing scent you can't go wrong with explorer..” (Fragrantica).

• €19 for 20ml or €26.50 for 30ml. 30ml left.

BERDOUES

Guaria Morada (*in hand*)

Feminine floral fruity fragrance with notes of Brazilian Orange, amyris and patchouli. Easy wearing, and easy on the pocket. “ It's got such a beautiful sillage. The orange here is not obvious at all. It's well crafted. There is a present of very strong tropical flowers and a ginger like presence which makes it ever so slightly spicy and fresh at the same time. Of course there's a fruity nuance. The dry down is musky slightly woody and floral. Very beautiful indeed. Anchors to the skin quiet well but isn't tenacious by any means, would suit all seasons and occasions as it's very inoffensive.” – Fragrantica user. 

• €11 for 10ml, €21 for 20ml, €28.50 for 30ml, or €38 for 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box.

LOUIS VUITTON

Pacific Chill (*in hand*)

New release from LV, who have been making a name for themselves with light, fresh summer scents – and here’s another. Citrus, blackcurrant and mint notes make for a refreshing warm weather fragrance. “ Reminded me of a mojito, full of mint. Cavallier did a good job of conveying the smell of a smoothie bar and fun times with friends on a balmy summers evening in a coastal area. LV presentation is immaculate. I think the name nailed the scent profile and the green bottle look is really fitting” – Fragrantica user. 

• €34 for 10ml or €66 for 20ml. 20ml left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Serenity82

Newbie here, how do I get involved for future purchases, do I have to sell a kidney etc

The first post in the thread should explain everything in the 'small print' at the end - apologies, formatting of it is a mess since the Vanilla move, can't do much about it. Frags listed in that first post are also out of date as I can't edit it myself. I actually have a new list of stuff, which I should be posting here start of the week I'd say. You can also PM your email address and I can send you all the info that way.

Prices vary from "that's pretty cheap" to "bloody hell!' - it'll usually be a comparative bargain to buying yourself, or allows you to sample without committing to a full bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Unbelievable packaging and delivery from last order- as per usual!

Thanks a million Pat looking forward to next email!

Fragrance Splits - September / October 2023

Parcel shipping

Left overs

• Creed – Aventus: €112 for 50ml TBC. Next flacon arrival TBC - may not have any more before Christmas (but the more folk ask for it, the quicker it'll happen).
    • Atelier Cologne – Pacific Lime: €22.50 for 20ml, €32 for 30ml, or €49 for 50ml. Or €70 for 90ml in original 200ml bottle/box.
    • Atkinson’s – English Lavender **reduced**: €5 for 10ml, or €9 for 20ml.
    • Berdoues – Guaria Morada (female): €11 for 10ml, €21 for 20ml, €28.50 for 30ml, or €38 for 50ml in original 100ml bottle. Or €45 for 90ml in original 100ml bottle/box!
    • Demeter – Gin & Tonic **reduced**: €7 for 10ml, or €13 for 20ml.
    • Mancera – Wave Musk **reduced**: €13 for 10ml, €25 for 20ml, €36 for 30ml, or €60 for 60ml **reduced** €45 for 50ml in original 120ml bottle/box.
    • Montblanc - Explorer: €10 for 10ml. One only.
    • Roja Parfums – Scandal Parfum Cologne: €28 for 10ml, €54 for 20ml, €79 for 30ml, or €124 **reduced** €110 for 50ml in original 100ml bottle/box (great price!) – one only.

MAISON MARGIELA

By The Fireplace (in hand)

Perennial autumn / winter fave here from Maison Margiela with sweet clove and chestnuts roasting over an open fire. Really very easy wearing, yet quite unique. Unisex. “Doesn’t get much cozier. Warm, spicy, woody, vanilla there is a smell of smoke, not off the bat but give it a few seconds and it sort of envelops the whole profile in a lovely way without becoming too much or becoming cloying. It really does smell like eating or baking sweets with a fireplace or a wood oven..” (Fragrantica).

• €15 for 10ml, €28 for 20ml, €40 for 30ml, or €61 for 50ml.

LALIQUE

Or Intemporel (in hand)

Lalique’s Noir Premier line is one of my top ‘little known’ tips – great fragrances, amazing packaging, and often available at prices well below their high end RRP. Or Intemporal is a great autumn / winter fragrance with a delectable lineup of notes. Classy, with the tolu balsam giving it a really refined feel. “ This is a fragrance of vanilla-flavored bourbon tobacco, which echoes some Guerlains but which becomes greedy, bordering on chewable, with a base of tolu balm and chocolaty patchouli. The appetizer is spicy loaded with nutmeg, cardamom, but quickly becomes sweet, powdery, silky, comforting. Although with different notes, I get a tobacco vibe, from a warm, sweet liqueur and a talc that remotely reminded me of Bvlgari Black. With a more intimate, gourmand and almondy way.”.

• €16.50 for 10m or €31 for 20ml.

AMOUAGE

Interlude Black Iris (in hand)

Time to get those ‘big boy pants’ on! Fairly recent flanker to Amouage’s iconic ‘Blue Beast’ Interlude which turns down the original’s oregano and adds a dash of iris. This is perhaps an easier wear than the original Interlude (whose legendary status somewhat overshadows the fact that it’s a bit of an acquired taste) whilst still remaining surprisingly close. So, no summer wearing here – cold weather only, and go easy on the sprayer. Spicy, mysterious and unapologetically dense. “The opening of this is absolutely intoxicating, bitter crushed green leaves, damp rich soil, sweetly sparkling oud and smokey leathery goodness, with a light delicious floral that’s juicy and ripe. The drydown on me is mostly a sweet woody, smoky amber skin scent, it starts out unisex to my nose then mellows into something very soft and sweet.

• €25 for 10ml, one only.

TOM FORD

Cafe Rose(*in hand*)

Brand new release from Tom Ford, a Signature edition (I.e. cheaper line) of the older Private Blend fragrance of the same name. Rose, coffee and incense combine for a classic female fragrance. “It is a sort of spicy rose that lasts ages and is very versatile. It smells classic, stated, romantic, and a bit nostalgic. It opens strongly with a bright sort of classic spicy and green rose. There is something in this that reminds me of summer camp growing up.”

• €21 for 10ml, last one.

THE WOODS COLLECTION

Panorama (*in hand*)

Another from my new favourite cheap house, and again highly rated. A real workhorse citrus scent, supposedly with quite a bit of the DNA of Bvlgari’s Tygar. “Opening with sparkling citrus notes, then the fizzy smell dissipates turning into a citrus and amber blend to the end. versatile compliment getter,.” – Fragrantica user.

• €12.50 for 10ml, or €24 for 20ml.

HERMES

Terre d'Hermes eau de toilette (*in hand*)

Approximately the millionth time I’ve listed TdH and it’s easy to see why – super classy, super refined, super masculine. Orange, grapefruit, flint and pepper make for an easy, yet unconventional, wear – an absolute Swiss army knife of a scent. Proof that you don’t need to spend loads of money to smell great. “ The opening is a blast of citrus mosquito repellant, evoking impressions of hot summer days camping as a child. As soon as the alcohol smell burns off, I am left with a predominant note of slightly lemony orange - a balance of sweet zest, tart juice, and a hint of bitter rind. Underneath the orange, black pepper and something reminiscent of wood and graphite, like pencil shavings. Surprisingly for a citrus fragrance, the orange note continues to dominate throughout the fragrance's life even as it fades very slightly and the pepper and woods become more pronounced...

• €25 for 20ml, last one.

..............................................................................................................................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Pat,

Many thanks for the latest delivery. As always, well packaged and great value.

Cheers

P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Hi Pat, looking for a 50ml bottle of Creed Aventus if available? Thanks

Don't have any to hand I'm afraid. Can put you on the list for the next one if you like but note this could take some time to fill up these days! Will only ask for money when it's confirmed to be happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Thanks Pat, yes please put me on the list for the next batch 👍

Will do. Apologies for slow replies, was out of the country. If you haven't heard anything it hasn't happened yet......I haven't forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Do you still have any Terre d'Hermes left Pat?

• Advertisement

Yes, I have 20ml left at €25 plus shipping if you'd like it?

Advertisement