Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kingchip

Hi Pat I've pm'd you my details and made the full payment by paypal. For some reason my sent pm's aren't showing up in my sent folder so just want to make sure you have received everything. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Gimme Stitches

Atelier Bergamote - I'm in. Do I need to send a hold email for my existing order?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ah Pat the labels are too much - you are class!

Delighted with the Bergamote (for those on the fence), and the Spice and Wood is serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Picked up my box of splits yesterday, i was almost like a kid with a selection box at Christmas.

I don't think i can say much that hasn't already been said. Massive effort gone into this from Pat, top notch - we can all see it & are no doubt very thankful. Cheers Pat.

And I'll repeat what others have said about interlude - STRONG stuff. Looking forward to the updated list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Kingchip wrote: »
    Hi Pat I've pm'd you my details and made the full payment by paypal. For some reason my sent pm's aren't showing up in my sent folder so just want to make sure you have received everything. Thanks
    Got them, and the payment - cheers.
    Atelier Bergamote - I'm in. Do I need to send a hold email for my existing order?
    No - done!
    keane2097 wrote: »
    Ah Pat the labels are too much - you are class!

Delighted with the Bergamote (for those on the fence), and the Spice and Wood is serious stuff.
    Bergamote is lip smacking alright. I must say, for being skeptical about batch variation, the S&W as decanted shows considerable variation in the opening from the sample I've had for a while but does dry down as expected..... performance is bit less too I'd say.

Aventus #7, #8 and GIT #4 split tonight. Here's the Aventus #7 splits lining up to go to their new homes!:
    Aventus7_zpsyf1ogqnf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Sure stick me down for a Atelier Bergamote too!

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Sure stick me down for a Atelier Bergamote too!

Good stuff. OK, Bergamote bottle #3 is go so! Payment requests out in a day or two.
    **Just one slot left - act now if you want it** (I'll give up my slot though if someone wants it as well - I do have a bottle of it already like!:)).

I'm going to hold off actually ordering it until half way through my holiday - high risk of it arriving after I head off and sitting around in depot somewhere for two weeks if I order now. Split deliveries from late July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭dmc17

Got them, and the payment - cheers.

No - done!

Bergamote is lip smacking alright. I must say, for being skeptical about batch variation, the S&W as decanted shows considerable variation in the opening from the sample I've had for a while but does dry down as expected..... performance is bit less too I'd say.

Aventus #7, #8 and GIT #4 split tonight. Here's the Aventus #7 splits lining up to go to their new homes!:

I'd say the house is smelling well these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

+1 on the TF lines Pat. Especially Oud Wood if you're looking for suggestions. Many thanks - D

dmc17 wrote: »
    I'd say the house is smelling well these days :D
    Herself is giving out!
    deandean wrote: »
    +1 on the TF lines Pat. Especially Oud Wood if you're looking for suggestions. Many thanks - D
    Oud Wood 100% happening - just a case of pricing. Problem with pricing the TFs is that I can get a good price on the big guns if I buy a serious volume on the grey market (virtually impossible to get TF discounted) - I'm talking a litre here......but it's a hell of a lot of money to risk if it's not all bought! Much safer to buy smaller amounts (250ml) retail and split - but then the price for you guys isn't as attractive! In any event don't expect my Creed style discounts - best I'd foresee would be half retail price, and even that's unlikely as I'd need a hell of a lot of signups as per above. More likely to be 30 - 40% off retail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Par, Maybe have a look at the best value...and then ask for buyers asap...if the money starts rolling in then you can adjust your purchase plans

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Par, Maybe have a look at the best value...and then ask for buyers asap...if the money starts rolling in then you can adjust your purchase plans

The issue as well with the big volumes is that I'd need multiples of 20 purchasers (for 50ml splits at, give or take, €100), which is difficult to get right! Also, VAT status is unclear (coming from outside EU). Anyway, I'm awaiting a 'test' shipment to see how things go....

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

I'm looking forward to more splits in the future. Pat's new labels are looking cool too. I was in one of the first Aventus splits and it didn't have a a label so I tried to make one myself yesterday. Turned out ok.. I think. :o

2vacda9.jpg

I can't thank Pat enough for all the hard work and effort that goes into doing this for us. It makes these fragrances accessible to those that would normally balk at paying so much for them. Your a Top Man !

I'm looking forward to more splits in the future. Pat's new labels are looking cool too. I was in one of the first Aventus splits and it didn't have a a label so I tried to make one myself yesterday. Turned out ok.. I think. :o

Nice job! Yeah, the labels are being upgraded as I go along - still not 100% happy with them, but nearly there now! Leads to anomalies with some shipments as I label and wrap the bottles with Parafilm when they're split, not just before they go out - e.g. I have a box going out Monday with a bottle from Aventus split #3 with a crappy paper label alongside a recent GIT bottle with a gold label.

By the way, for those interested, Aventus splits 7 and 8 are batch 17R01 - which has the most 'stuff' floating in it of any batch yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

following thread for future orders once i figure out the process ,reviews here are too good to turn this down i think

following thread for future orders once i figure out the process ,reviews here are too good to turn this down i think

Have a look at the OP for the process! Lists slightly out of date, might get a chance to update today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 542779

Wow ! What a service.
    Package arrived on Monday as promised. Packaged perfectly, no chance of anything breaking.
    Creed Aventus & Royal Oud as well as Bergamote Soleil being worn this week with plenty of positive comment.
    They are wonderful scents and last the whole day.
    Be careful with the amount you use as the spray puts out quite a lot with a single push, two pushes are more than adequate.
    Take a bow Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

By the way, for those interested, Aventus splits 7 and 8 are batch 17R01 - which has the most 'stuff' floating in it of any batch yet!

Is that good or bad?!

RoboRat wrote: »
    Is that good or bad?!

Neither really - it's just there (from Creed, not me!), doesn't affect the scent!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Picked up my first shipment yesterday from Pat, so didn't get to see the amazing packaging skills :p
    But the bottles and labels are top class, wore the spice and wood yesterday evening and it's very long lasting, I love it!!

Cheers again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Are you just selling what is in the first post?

If you ever purchase Clive Christian X or even No. 1, I would be interested. I'm all out and don't wear it enough to justify the price of them.

jester77 wrote: »
    Are you just selling what is in the first post?

If you ever purchase Clive Christian X or even No. 1, I would be interested. I'm all out and don't wear it enough to justify the price of them.

Just what's in OP at the moment but significant expansion coming soon. No plans for Clive Christian - happy to do it but not sure the interest is there in such an expensive frag. In that price range I am thinking of doing Puredistance M.

Lists etc as of today....... Atelier Oud Saphir removed; Amouage Memoir and Atelier Poivre Electrique go soon if no new sign ups.

Slots left (ascending order):
    Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil #3: 1.
    Atelier Poivre Electrique: 5.
    Hermes #8: 5.
    Amouage Memoir: 8.
    GIT #5: 8.
    Aventus #9: 10.

As always, if there's anything else you want listed, just let me know.

Last update 30/6/17

New developments, info, etc:

1. **I'm on holidays July 8th to 22nd** As many splits as possible will be dispatched before this. Broadband coverage there is spotty so my replies may be delayed.

2. Lots of new stuff coming mid - late July.

3. Unfortunately I need to reiterate this: if you put your name down, you're committing to pay when asked.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Open splits

Creed
    All Creeds €62 / 50ml
    No need to rush - Creeds will remain 'perma-open' and I'll keep doing them as long as people want them! i.e. when one split fills, I'll open another flacon for ordering. Note all Creeds - especially Aventus - are subject to short delays in getting stock at the supplier.

AVENTUS
    nd.9828.jpg

The legend! No other niche fragrance has received a fraction of the attention as Creed’s pineapple / smoke concoction. If the tales are to be believed, one squirt of this will have women flocking to your bed and other men cowering before you! Can the reality match the vast hype? Of course not – but I have to say it is really nice. Long lasting too – a few squirts will do you for the whole day. So why doesn’t everyone rush to the shop to pick some up and then seduce some virgins? Because it costs so bloody much! The newly launched Aventus 50ml bottles retail at approximately €200 – but wouldn’t you rather forego the packaging and pay ~70% less instead?!

Flacon #9 - ETA late August

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED
    cregitm_aedp20-01__7.jpg

Flacon #5 - ETA mid - late August
    1. writhen
    2. Dammer

.....................................................................................................................................

OTHER CREEDS
    Virgin Island Water, Royal Oud, Original Vetiver, Silver Mountain Water, Himalaya, Bois du Portugal, Millesime Imperial, etc

I'm happy to split these or any other Creeds if there is enough interest - just let me know.

Amouage
    Amouage is a luxury perfume house established in 1983 by the Sultan of Oman, who hoped to revive and redefine the ancient Omani art of perfumery uses the traditional materials of Middle Eastern perfumery, such as frankincense and myrrh.

MEMOIR - an opinion divider!
    €27/10ml
    nd.10145.jpg
    Bottle #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. looperman1000

Hermes
    TERRE D’HERMES PARFUM (PURE PERFUME)
    €28 / 25ml
    This is one of THE best mass market designer men’s fragrances. If I had to have only one bottle of fragrance, it would be this. Why? It’s suitable for every occasion but still smells classy. The scent itself opens with a kind of grapefruit blast before settling down to a long lasting woody smell. A commentator I saw somewhere online put it best – this smells very ‘professional’ (even though I couldn’t really define what makes a fragrance smell professional!). I hummed and hawed about splitting this as it’s widely available but in the end decided to go with the highest concentration available – Parfum (AKA pure perfume – much stronger than the Eau de Toilette concentration this mostly sells in) so go easy on that trigger.

61yGqmGLSaL._SY355_.jpg

Bottle #8 - ETA late August

Atelier Cologne
    I've been working my way through the large number of offerings from Atelier Cologne so you don't have to! Many of their colognes are in a similar vein - light, fresh - but not all. These are some of the best (IMO):

BERGAMOTE SOLEIL - €30 / 25ml
    275483.jpg
    Awesomely juicy lemon / bergamote fragrance - mouth watering yet long lasting!
    Bottle #3 - ETA erly August
    1. Iwouldinmesack
    2. Padraig Mor
    3. supue
    4. DavyD_83
    5. Erik Shin
    6. Gimme Stitches
    7. mik da man
    ..........................................................................................................................................

POIVRE ELECTRIQUE - €43 / 25ml
    o.37176.jpg
    I got a sample of this and was blown away. Very unlike most of their range, this is much 'darker' and more a nighttime fragrance with a blast of pepper and a long release of incense and wood. I get quite a Creed Spice and Wood vibe from it.

Bottle #2
    1. POOLER
    2. supue
    3. looperman1000

SERGE LUTENS
    Chergui EAU DE PARFUM
    €26 / 10ml
    Frankly, I don't know much about this one other than it seems to be a very highly regarded sweet / amber / tobacco fragrance. Anyone fancy a punt?

CHERGUI
    nd.2762.jpg
    Bottle #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. looperman1000

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Completed splits

CREED AVENTUS

Creed Aventus eau de parfum
    Flacon #1
    1. Padraig Mor #1
    2. Padraig Mor #2
    3. dar83
    4. dendof
    5. uncle_sam_ie
    6. Quazzie
    7. Clonmel1000
    8. beertons?
    9. Mitch Buchannon
    10. martineatworld

Flacon #2
    1. Keyzer Non payer - spot taken by longshanks
    2. Iwouldinmesack
    3. frag420
    4. OldRio
    5. y0ssar1an22
    6. Manzoor14
    7. supue
    8. UsedToWait
    9. knifey_spoonie
    10. dudeeile

Flacon #3
    1. longshanks Moved to Flacon #2. Spot taken by D Hayes.
    2. patspost
    3. s_carnage
    4. jpb1974
    5. jpb1974
    6. JIdontknow
    7. MickH503
    8. stevveyg
    9. Rjd2
    10. Relikk

Flacon #4
    1. DuffleBag
    2. Cyal8r
    3. Supue
    4. Relikk
    5. statto25
    6. CastorTroy
    7. wetlandsboy
    8. deandean
    9. Knex
    10. ciaran76

Flacon #5
    1. sunny2004
    2. Cyrus
    3. JayReale
    4. Kaizersoze81
    5. Chester Copperpot
    6. looperman1000
    7. SalthillHead
    8. scurran19
    9. Padraig Mor
    10. RocketRaccoon

Flacon #6
    1. return guide
    2. Cabo
    3. Easy Rod
    4. kevmcdonnell
    5. Robson99
    6. TimeToShine
    7. stryker mcqueen
    8. 542779
    9. POOLER
    10. jackrussel

Flacon #7 - ETA week beginning July 3rd
    1. Redreddick
    2. Erik Shin
    3. writhen
    4. supue
    5. ChunLi
    6. dmc17
    7. Gimme Stitches
    8. somechancer
    9. moffitman22
    10. Mik da man

Flacon #8 - ETA week beginning July 3rd
    1. Naos
    2. DavyD_83
    3. Mthor5
    4. Richard tea
    5. bonham23
    6. RoboRat
    7. Dammer
    8. Deep Thought
    9. Kingchip
    10.Rocko
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED GREEN IRISH TWEED

Flacon #1
    1. s_carnage
    2. ike
    3. capefear
    4. Mitch Buchannon
    5. MickH503 
    6. Rod Munch
    7. frag420
    8. Cyal8r
    9. Manzoor14
    10. Supue

Flacon #2
    1. stryker mcqueen
    2. Clonmel1000
    3. y0ssar1an22
    4. jpb1974
    5. dudeeile
    6. Relikk
    7. looperman1000
    8. Ch1co
    9. CastorTroy
    10. dar83

Flacon #3
    1. hollypink
    2. Bartyman
    3. Genius2013
    4. moby2101non payer; slot to Rjd2
    5. ciaran76
    6. Knex.
    7. SalthillHead
    8. Vic Ferrari
    9. cabo
    10. Manzoor14

Flacon #4 - ETA week beginning July 3rd
    1. miltonkrest non payer - slot to bonham23
    2. POOLER
    3. longshanks?
    4. JIdontknow
    5. Erik Shin
    6. Gimme Stitches
    7. Naos
    8. Mthor5
    9. Badger2009
    10. UsedToWait
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED VIRGIN ISLAND WATER

Flacon #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. jpb1974
    3. quadrifoglio verde
    4. Jidontknow
    5. jpb1974

CREED SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER

Flacon #1
    1. Mitch Buchannon
    2. Ch1co
    3. Genius2013
    4. Ch1co
    5. capefear

CREED HIMALAYA

Flacon #1
    1. looperman1000
    2. looperman1000
    3. LesIsMore
    4. jackrussel
    5. Redriddick

CREED ROYAL OUD

Flacon #1
    1. Manzoor14
    2. looperman1000
    3. Manzoor14
    4. wetlandsboy
    5. JayReale
    6. LesIsMore
    7. 542779
    8. longshanks
    9. y0ssar1an22
    10. jpb1974

MILLESIME IMPERIAL - ETA late July

Flacon #1
    1. Sebastian Dangerfield
    2. LesIsMore
    3. looperman1000
    4. Badger2009
    5. Manzoor14
    6. capefear
    7. supue
    8. Easy Rod
    9. Vic Ferrari
    10. y0ssar1an22

CREED SPICE AND WOOD

Flacon #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. Padraig Mor #2
    3. looperman1000
    4. y0ssar1an22
    5. frAg420
    6. Manzoor14
    7. jpb1974
    8. capefear
    9. Genius2013
    10. jackrussel

Flacon #2
    1. Mitch Buchannon
    2. POOLER
    3. keane2097
    4. Ch1co
    5. Clonmel1000
    6. Relikk
    7. supue
    8. Mik da Man
    9. Edser
    10. Gimme Stiches

AMOUAGE

Amouage Jubilation XXV
    1. Padraig Mor #1
    2. Padraig Mor #2
    3. OldRio
    4. OldRio
    5. y0ssar1an22
    6. supue
    7. quadrifoglio verde
    8. knifey_spoonie

Interlude
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. dudeeile
    3. looperman1000
    4. LesIsMore
    5. JayReale
    6. Easy Rod
    7. wetlandsboy
    8. Padraig Mor #2
    9. POOLER
    10. jackrussel

TERRE D’HERMES PARFUM (PURE PERFUME)

Bottle #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. dendof
    3. Mitch Buchannon
    4. martineatworld
    5. Clonmel1000

Bottle #2
    1. Iwouldinmesack
    2. y0ssar1an22
    3. frag420
    4. dudeeile
    5. longshanks

Bottle #3
    1. UsedToWait
    2. D Hayes
    3. dar83
    4. deandean
    5. OldRio

Bottle #4
    1. Paully D
    2. Kaizersoze81
    3. Vic Ferrari
    4. quadrifoglio verde
    5. Cyrus

Bottle #5
    1. return guide
    2. Robson99
    3. looperman1000
    4. jackrussel
    5. POOLER

Bottle #6 - ETA week beginning July 3rd
    1. eoinm1
    2. eoinm1
    3. LesIsMore
    4. dmc17
    5. somechancer

Bottle #7 - ETA week beginning July 3rd
    1. Mthor5
    2. Badger2009
    3. RoboRat
    4. EasyRod
    5. Kingchip

ATELIER COLOGNE

Orange Sanguine cologne absolue
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. y0ssar1an22
    3. supue
    4. UsedToWait
    5. beertons
    6. patspost
    7. capefear
    8. MickH503

Poivre Electrique
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. capefear
    3. moby2101non payer; slot to TimeToShine
    4. UsedToWait
    5. stevveyg
    6. martineatworld
    7. y0ssar1an22
    8. LesIsMore

BERGAMOTE SOLEIL
    Bottle #1
    1. martineatworld
    2. dar83
    3. dar83
    4. kevmcdonnell
    5. LesIsMore
    6. 542779
    7. looperman1000
    8. keane2097

Bottle #2 - ETA late July
    1. UsedToWait
    2. Manzoor14
    3. capefear
    4. Easy Rod
    5. Vic Ferrari
    6. hollypink
    7. D Hayes
    8. Ch1co

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

Hi Pat,

I think there may be a copy/paste error in the list of splits. Millisemie imperial needs to be changed I think. No big deal though.

P.S. the wife is putting pressure on to get you to do some TF for the ladies!! I should never have mentioned this to her!

Badger2009 wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

I think there may be a copy/paste error in the list of splits. Millisemie imperial needs to be changed I think. No big deal though.

P.S. the wife is putting pressure on to get you to do some TF for the ladies!! I should never have mentioned this to her!

Would not someone in the ladies lounge have a go at this?... leave poor Pat alone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

I just want to add my name to the long list of those who have thanked Pat for the terrific service. My Interlude, Adventus, and Royal Oud arrived on Tuesday, so I've had a few days to road test them. For me, the real discovery is Interlude - a beautiful, musty fragrance that is incredibly long-lasting.
    Pat - I owe you my deepest gratitude.

Badger2009 wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Sorted that, cheers. Doing all the TF Private Blends, which includes the wimmins. Now, whether there's enough interest to actually fill the splits is another question.
    I just want to add my name to the long list of those who have thanked Pat for the terrific service. My Interlude, Adventus, and Royal Oud arrived on Tuesday, so I've had a few days to road test them. For me, the real discovery is Interlude - a beautiful, musty fragrance that is incredibly long-lasting.
    Pat - I owe you my deepest gratitude.
    All the Amouage stuff is well known to be exceptionally high quality and usually very long lasting. A 10ml split may not seem like much, but in reality it should go quite a way!

Last set of orders before holidays going out tomorrow evening - that's everything cleared except Atelier Bergamote #3 and people who asked me to hold shipping.

Launching a bunch of new stuff Thursday! If you like Tom Ford you'll like this....

• Advertisement

Just a quick word, got my package from Pat this morning... wrapped up like a newborn baby and not a hope of a spillage or breakage....bottle and label are top quality and haven't opened the Aventus yet, but yeah Green Irish Tweed is wonderful.... thanks very much Pat, top notch service and am a very happy bunny, give me a mail when the Tom Ford range is available.

Advertisement