Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Pat.
    Parcel arrived. Serious job done on the packaging. All I can say is awesome job and thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I'm like a kid at Christmas here, can't wait to get home and see if they have arrived... if they haven't I will be disappointed but like a kid again tomorrow :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Package waiting for me when I got home from work today. The usual high standards Pat, and now with labels. I'm impressed. And a little sampler pressie too. Even the bubble wrap is impressive, I sat watching le Tour popping bubbles.
    I have a nice little collection building now, so I'll repeat the general sentiment of the thread and thank Pat again.
    Thanks fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

RoboRat wrote: »
    I'm like a kid at Christmas here, can't wait to get home and see if they have arrived... if they haven't I will be disappointed but like a kid again tomorrow :D:D:D:D

You'll be like a kid a bit longer- yours is going to the courier tomorrow for Thursday delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭Robson99

Any reviews of the various Tom Fordes Padraig ?. Your descriptions on the Creeds etc was very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ChunLi

Yup same here, Aventus arrived today. Couldn't be happier with everything, will be back for more orders. Happy hols, at least you'll be smelling good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Parcel arrived a short time ago, as with my last order from Pat I am very impressed with everything from the packaging to the labels and of course the smells including the free sample which is a very fresh summery scent, defo need to get on this one!!

Enjoy your well deserved hols!!

frAg

Robson99 wrote: »
    Any reviews of the various Tom Fordes Padraig ?. Your descriptions on the Creeds etc was very helpful

Brown Thomas have them out for testing for those who that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Robson99 wrote: »

Have a look on places like Youtube and Fragrantica, you'll find loads of info, reviews and opinions. Really helpful when researching a potential purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

I went into BT's when Padraig got the ball rolling. I spent quite some time at TF, they have their own sales area. I sampled about 15 frags. To my remedial nose they were all over the place. One smelt like the smoking area in a pub. One smelt like the inside of a Mk 2 Jaguar. One was very sweet. etc etc. Then BANG no mistake I found my fragrance.
    I spent so much time with the sales lady that I felt compelled to buy something from her.

• Advertisement

Padraig I have a technical question for you.
    Should I keep the split bottles in the dark?Are the frags damaged by sunlight?

deandean wrote: »
    Padraig I have a technical question for you.
    Should I keep the split bottles in the dark?Are the frags damaged by sunlight?

That's the received wisdom anyway, although I do wonder whether any effect is over a very long time frame? I don't keep mine in the dark anyway.

Don't keep us in suspense btw - what was your 'bang' Tom Ford?!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

...was thinking the exact same thing....maybe we will never know! lol

New developments, info, etc:

1. **I'm on holidays July 8th to 22nd** Broadband coverage there is poor, and I'll be wrangling kids all day, so my replies will be delayed. MY PM inbox is also likely to fill!

2. Loads of new stuff listed - please read carefully re Tom Ford pricing.

3. Add requests in thread - I probably won't curate lists for a couple of weeks but I will be keeping an eye!

4. If you put your name down, you're committing to pay when asked.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New splits July 2017

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLENDS

TF%20PB%20lineup%20cropped_zps3r1cuqub.jpg

Most / all Tom Ford Private Blends are available. Retail on these is €188 per 50ml. Timeline for beginning of split delivery depends on orders, but mid - late August is a guide.

Tom Ford pricing

Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood and Neroli Portofino
    €56 / 25ml
    , or €53 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.
    €94 / 50ml (half price!), or €90 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.

Other fragrances
    €60 / 25ml, or €57 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.
    €105 / 50ml , or €100 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.

Important information re Tom Ford pricing - please read!
    The cheaper pricing above is based on me buying certain volumes and is subject to change based on how many orders I receive - final price will be confirmed before money is requested. Discounted prices should not be assumed to be available indefinitely.

Items marked with an asterisk (*) in the list below can be heavily discounted if a very large number of orders are received, but this should be presumed unlikely.

TF splits that don't 'get over the line' will be reoffered in smaller volumes, based on buying 100ml spray bottles, at a later date (but at a higher cost per ml).

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    **Special Offer**

Arabian Wood

61Pe0dzPCOL._SY450_.jpg
    "Very distinctive and sensual" - Fragrantica.

Rumoured to have been originally created as a private scent for an oil sheikh before international release, Arabian Wood is a unisex fragrance which is about to be discontinued. I have a limited volume available - in hand, ready to ship.

Price €75 / 50ml (no 25ml splits), or just €62.50 when bought with another 50ml or 2 x 25ml Tom Ford or Creed.
    When this is gone, it's gone forever!
    .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Splits available:
    Tobacco Vanille
    Tuscan Leather
    Oud Wood
    Neroli Portofino

Ombre Leather 16
    Patchouli Absolu
    Venetian Bergamot
    Noir de Noir
    London
    Oud Fleur*
    Rive d'Ambre
    Tobacco Oud*
    Italian Cypress*

Vert d'Encens
    Vert Boheme
    Vert des Bois
    Vert de Fleur

Mandarino di Amalfi
    Sole di Positano
    Costa Azzurra

Unisex, but tending to female:
    Café Rose
    Soleil Blanc
    Champaca Absolute*

Female:
    Jasmin Rouge*
    Jasmin Musk*
    Shanghai Lily
    Santal Blush
    Plum Japonais
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MONTALE
    Hip French house famed for their Ouds - and the potency of their scents. The below are generally regarded as being among the best of their many offerings.
    12.jpg?1417468586
    Black Aoud / Intense Cafe / Red Vetiver
    €22.50 / 10ml, €48.50 / 25ml or €77.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).

Full Incense
    €23.50 / 10ml, €51 / 25ml or €82.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).

Arabians
    €24.50 / 10ml, €53.50 / 25ml or €87.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MANCERA
    cafleurebon-MANCERA3-header.jpg

Sister house to Montale - note some split sizes differ from Montale.

Cedrat Boise / Black Intensive Aoud
    €22.50 / 10ml, €54 / 30ml or €88.50 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).

Aoud Vanille
    €24 / 10ml, €57.50 / 30ml or €96 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).

Black Line
    €25 / 10ml, €61.50 / 30ml or €103.50 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).

ACQUA DI PARMA
    714iqJM0luL._SY355_.jpg
    Italian house producing classic eaux de cologne.

Colonia
    €47 / 50ml. (retail €76).
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HERMES
    I've added the 'Tres Fraiche' eau de toilette version of their legendary Terre d'Hermes. Pricing on this is subject to change at short notice - currently on promotion; if you want it, act now!
    41bmQy-yT6L._AC_SL230_.jpg

Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche EdT
    €28 / 25ml.

YVES SAINT LAURENT
    A bit 'big' for this thread, but YSL do a very well regarded Oud.
    51FbSab4BuL._AC_SL230_.jpg

M7 Oud Absolu 80ml
    €18.50 / 10ml, €38.50 / 25ml (max of two 25ml splits).

Other open splits

Creed
    All Creeds €62 / 50ml
    No need to rush - Creeds will remain 'perma-open' and I'll keep doing them as long as people want them! i.e. when one split fills, I'll open another flacon for ordering. Note all Creeds - especially Aventus - are subject to short delays in getting stock at the supplier.

AVENTUS
    nd.9828.jpg

The legend! No other niche fragrance has received a fraction of the attention as Creed’s pineapple / smoke concoction. If the tales are to be believed, one squirt of this will have women flocking to your bed and other men cowering before you! Can the reality match the vast hype? Of course not – but I have to say it is really nice. Long lasting too – a few squirts will do you for the whole day. So why doesn’t everyone rush to the shop to pick some up and then seduce some virgins? Because it costs so bloody much! The newly launched Aventus 50ml bottles retail at approximately €200 – but wouldn’t you rather forego the packaging and pay ~70% less instead?!

Flacon #9 - ETA late August

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED
    cregitm_aedp20-01__7.jpg

Flacon #5 - ETA late August
    1. writhen
    2. Dammer
    3. chillinpenguin

.....................................................................................................................................

OTHER CREEDS
    Virgin Island Water, Royal Oud, Original Vetiver, Silver Mountain Water, Himalaya, Bois du Portugal, Millesime Imperial, etc

I'm happy to split these or any other Creeds if there is enough interest - just let me know.

Hermes
    TERRE D’HERMES PARFUM (PURE PERFUME)
    €28 / 25ml
    This is one of THE best mass market designer men’s fragrances. If I had to have only one bottle of fragrance, it would be this. Why? It’s suitable for every occasion but still smells classy. The scent itself opens with a kind of grapefruit blast before settling down to a long lasting woody smell. A commentator I saw somewhere online put it best – this smells very ‘professional’ (even though I couldn’t really define what makes a fragrance smell professional!). I hummed and hawed about splitting this as it’s widely available but in the end decided to go with the highest concentration available – Parfum (AKA pure perfume – much stronger than the Eau de Toilette concentration this mostly sells in) so go easy on that trigger.

61yGqmGLSaL._SY355_.jpg

Bottle #8 - ETA late August

SERGE LUTENS
    Chergui EAU DE PARFUM
    €26 / 10ml
    Frankly, I don't know much about this one other than it seems to be a very highly regarded sweet / amber / tobacco fragrance. Anyone fancy a punt?

CHERGUI
    nd.2762.jpg
    Bottle #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. looperman1000

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Are Fleur de Portofino in stock Pat?

Dammer wrote: »
    Are Fleur de Portofino in stock Pat?

I'll do any that get enough buyers and that I can buy retail! In reality, I think a lot of the less well known TFs won't get enough people signing up to make the split work, but we'll see how we get on.

Only one actually physically in stock BTW is Arabian Wood - everything else you're looking at mid August onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

That Arabian Wood is well rated here
    Usually I go for fresh citrus, flowery scents rather then woody musk. Sure I'll probably talk myself into it :-)

Don't keep us in suspense btw - what was your 'bang' Tom Ford?!
    TF Private Blend Oud Wood. I put it well ahead of all the others on the TF stand. Personally I just love the fragrance.
    Thanks to Padraig I have have Hermes and Aventus here (both fab) and I'd still reach for the Oud Wood - although it might be a little dominant for daytime office use. But I'll wait till someone complains :)
    [edit] for anyone interested - there are a couple of interesting clips on YouTube about how the Oud scent is extracted. You can see why it is expensive.

deandean wrote: »
    TF Private Blend Oud Wood. I put it well ahead of all the others on the TF stand. Personally I just love the fragrance.
    Thanks to Padraig I have have Hermes and Aventus here (both fab) and I'd still reach for the Oud Wood - although it might be a little dominant for daytime office use. But I'll wait till someone complains :)
    [edit] for anyone interested - there are a couple of interesting clips on YouTube about how the Oud scent is extracted. You can see why it is expensive.

I actually don't like TF Oud Wood myself - but I think I'm very much in a minority on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Hi Padraig,

I have just loved following this thread - well done you.

Could you put me down for the following:

Creed Aventus 50mL
    TF Tobacco Vanille 50mL

Enjoy your hoilday - well deserved

Thank You
    Tanka006

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭djdunny

Hi Padraig.

If possible can I put my name down for

1 x TERRE D’HERMES
    1 x Creed Aventus

Regards
    Dunny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I want...I want...I want :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I wasn't a fan of the Arabian wood... but if the tobac vanille and oud wood are good to go...or when you're back from your hols send me a payment request and I'll transfer funds ..
    Thanks Pat,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Big thank you to Padraig. My creed Aventus arrived today. Packaging is A1. As for the scent itself, I really like it. Completely different than anything I have tried before. The initial scent I found quite strong so one spray is plenty. This 50ml bottle should last a long time.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    if the tobac vanille and oud wood are good to go...or when you're back from your hols send me a payment request and I'll transfer funds ..
    Thanks Pat,

Have put you down for both - are you looking for 25 (€56) or 50ml (€94)?

Payment requests for these won't go out until after July 22nd at the earliest. Timing depends on numbers signing up and when - looks to me like I'll probably have enough to pick up a 250ml decanter of Tobacco Vanille while travelling through an airport on Aug 1st, but not so sure about the other frags. I'd say anyone on the fence is better signing up sooner rather than later - I'll pick up any completed 250ml splits in the airport on Aug 1st but will be unlikely to be able to continue the cheaper TV/TL/OW/NP pricing beyond that unless I get a serious number of orders (a litre!).

Remember as well folks that you can get 50ml Arabian Wood for only €62.50 if you buy 2 x 25ml or 1 x 50ml Tom Ford or Creed. The Arabian Wood also counts towards the 'buy 3 bottles of Tom Ford' cheaper pricing deal - e.g. 50ml each of Oud Wood, Tuscan Leather and Arabian Wood would be 90 + 90 + 62.50 = €242.50, which is a bit of a steal for juice that retails at €564!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Padraig, put me down for 25ml Tobacco Vanille & Terre D'Hermes Parfum and 50ml of GIT please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Barry050

Hi Padraig,

Could you put me down for the following:

1 x Creed Aventus

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hi Pat, put me down for 25ml Tobacco Vanille & Terre D'Hermes Parfum and 50ml of Aventus please.

If you can ban me from purchasing for the next two years after that I'd be much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 somechancer

Received my Aventus and TERRE D’HERMES yesterday ( Both fantastic scents ) , never have i seen such intricate packaging :)

Delighted with the overall service Padraig, many thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Any interest in doing any Parfums de Marly splits, Padraig?

Advertisement