Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I'll go for the 50ml bottle of Tobac Vanile and Oud Wood please Pat...if the Oud isn't available I'd take a Noir instead

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kingchip

Package arrived today Aventus and D'Hermes. Packaging is 100% and the service from Pat is 1st class. Just tried the Aventus, really nice. I'm on a stag do next weekend might leave it at home incase I get myself into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Package arrived today - Aventus Creed. Love the labelling as well

Packaging is 100% and the service from Pat is 1st class.

I think I will go 50ml on the Tobacco Vanille..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭dmc17

Got home to mine today too. Packaged brilliantly. The little bottles are class too! Cheers Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Can I get 1x Aventus Creed (50ml) and 1x Oud Wood (25ml)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Collected another delivery today.
    First class as usual.
    Thanks again Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭Naos

Package arrived yesterday, packing was unreal and both scents are lovely (Creed + GIT).

Excellent communication from Pat throughout the whole process, 10/10. I'll be buying again shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Last few requests noted. Just to point out as well: for the Tom Fords (Arabian Wood excepted) I need even multiples of 250ml for the current pricing. Current volumes allocated are:
    Tobacco Vanille: 325ml.
    Oud Wood: 200ml.
    Neroli Portofino: 100ml.
    Tuscan Leather: 25ml.
    (plus a mish mash of a few others).

Slots remaining in other splits as follows:
    Hermes #8: 2.
    Hermes Tres Fraiche: 3.
    Aventus #9: 5.
    GIT #5: 6.
    45ml of an 80ml YSL M7 Oud Absolu split (10 / 25ml) available.

Passenger wrote: »
    Any interest in doing any Parfums de Marly splits, Padraig?
    Sure, I'll split anything if enough people sign up! Thought of doing Herod, but I'm not sure how much interest there is in the more 'niche' side of things: two Amouage splits just about got over the line, and not exactly bowled over with requests for Serge Lutens, Montale or Mancera!

I'm heading off for two weeks now folks. Don't worry - I'll still be keeping an eye here and will address any urgent queries ASAP but other responses may be slow. Previous buyers: you have my email! Generally speaking, if I 'thank' a post where you've requested a split, I've noted it down! I'll collate proper updated lists when I get back.

P.S. First apparently genuine review of Creed Viking has appeared - seems like it's going to be a good one! Release Sept 5th and I'll be getting it just as soon as I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Just to reiterate the splendid service, received mine on Thursday, packed so well I would be happy to send the unborn egg of the last passenger pigeon via Pat.

The fragrances are unreal, I went for the Hermes and Aventus and I have to say they smell amazing... even got complimented on it on Friday night and I usually wear Jean Paul Gautier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for something that tickled my fancy :)

Firstly Padraig, I'd like to say well done on this inspired idea of yours. It obviously takes up a lot of your time and involves quite a bit of effort with packaging, processing payments and posting etc, so fair play to ya!!

Secondly, I'd suggest to anyone sitting on the fence re any of the TF private blends to go for the Oud Wood. Its sublime.

Lastly, can you put me down for:
    1x 25ml TF Tobacco Vanille
    1x 25ml TF Vert d'Encens (though you might struggle to fill this scent, i may pick another).

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

I received my parcel last week but I was away so only just got around to opening it. I was slightly concerned that there may have been some leakage while it was left waiting to be opened - I needn't have worried because the packaging is first class.

Like others have said it is a great service and thanks to Padraig for doing this. I have bought 'full price' aventus in the past but this gives you the chance to try other great fragrances at a reasonable price rather than just a treat of a special fragrance at Christmas!

I went for GIT, Terre d'Hermes & Millesime imperial. I took a punt on the Millesime and delighted I did as it is a lovely fresh frag. The others are well known great scents.

One point on the atomisers - they are very good and seem to be of a high quality. IMO this is very important for any fragrance so well done on these too Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'll take a punt on the SERGE LUTENS if the split can be filled

Gets very good reviews

Update 24/7/17:

OK folks, I'm back in business.....well until Thursday anyway as I'm away from Friday for the bones of a week! Lists to date are below - please read carefully to check I've noted requests correctly.

Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood and Neroli Portofino splits - **important note**
    It doesn't look like there's enough takeup on these to warrant buying litre bottles from abroad. Instead, I'll pick up 250ml bottles of these in the airport when I'm travelling next week.
    Accordingly, I'd strongly suggest getting requests for these in ASAP (by this Thursday 27/7) as I won't be in a position to guarantee their cheaper pricing beyond then.
    As stated previously, I also need multiples of even 250ml splits to make it work as well - if a split doesn't make 250ml it doesn't happen (at this price anyway). Also, splits allocated beyond the first 250ml of a fragrance need the full second 250ml split filled to actually happen - first come, first served (subject to some rejigging to make volumes 'fit')!

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 25/7/17
    Tom Ford Private Blend - volumes remaining
    Tobacco Vanille decanter #2: 150ml.
    Oud Wood: 5025ml.
    Neroli Portofino: 150ml.
    Tuscan Leather: 225ml.
    Vert d'Encens: 200ml.
    Soleil Blanc: 200/225ml.

Arabian Wood: loads remaining - in hand, ready to go, and about as cheap as you'll find a Private Blend anywhere!

Montale / Mancera / Yves Saint Laurent
    Plenty left of all, except YSL M7 Oud Absolu - 3525ml left. M7 Oud gone.

Creed - 50ml slots remaining
    Aventus #9: four 3.
    GIT #5: 65.

Hermes - 25ml slots remaining
    Terre d'Hermes pure perfume: 21.
    Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche EdT: 32.

Serge Lutens
    Chergui: 2.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLENDS

Most / all Tom Ford Private Blends are available. Retail on these is €188 per 50ml. Timeline for beginning of split delivery depends on orders, but mid - late August is a guide.

Tom Ford pricing

Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood and Neroli Portofino - pricing valid until 27/7/17
    €56 / 25ml
    , or €53 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.
    €94 / 50ml (half price!), or €90 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.

Other fragrances
    €60 / 25ml, or €57 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.
    €105 / 50ml , or €100 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.

TF splits that don't 'get over the line' will be reoffered in smaller volumes, based on buying 100ml spray bottles, at a later date (but at a higher cost per ml).

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    **Special Offer**

Arabian Wood

61Pe0dzPCOL._SY450_.jpg
    "Very distinctive and sensual" - Fragrantica.

Rumoured to have been originally created as a private scent for an oil sheikh before international release, Arabian Wood is a unisex fragrance which is about to be discontinued. I have a limited volume available - in hand, ready to ship.

Price €75 / 50ml (no 25ml splits), or just €62.50 when bought with another 50ml or 2 x 25ml Tom Ford or Creed. This fragrance also counts towards the Tom Ford bulk pricing deal.
    When this is gone, it's gone forever!
    .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Splits available:
    Tobacco Vanille
    Tuscan Leather
    Oud Wood
    Neroli Portofino

Ombre Leather 16
    Patchouli Absolu
    Venetian Bergamot
    Noir de Noir
    London
    Oud Fleur*
    Rive d'Ambre
    Tobacco Oud*
    Italian Cypress*

Vert d'Encens
    Vert Boheme
    Vert des Bois
    Vert de Fleur

Mandarino di Amalfi
    Sole di Positano
    Costa Azzurra

Unisex, but tending to female:
    Cafose
    Soleil Blanc
    Champaca Absolute*

Female:
    Jasmin Rouge*
    Jasmin Musk*
    Shanghai Lily
    Santal Blush
    Plum Japonais

Tobacco Vanille decanter #1
    looperman1000: 25ml.
    Ch1co: 25ml.
    Gimme Stitches: 50ml.
    tanka006: 50ml.
    The_Pretender: 25ml.
    keane2097: 25ml.
    Erik Shin : 50ml
    (Total volume 250ml).

Tobacco Vanille decanter #2
    Deep Thought: 50ml.
    Slattsy: 25ml.
    looperman1000: 25ml
    (Total volume 100ml)

Tuscan Leather decanter #1

Oud Wood decanter #1
    deandean: 100ml.
    Erik Shin: 50ml.
    begbysback: 25ml.
    (Total volume 225ml)

Neroli Portofino decanter #1
    wetlandsboy: 50ml.
    Ch1co: 25ml.
    (Total volume 100ml)

Arabian Wood (50ml splits)
    looperman1000.
    Ch1co.
    Padraig Mor.
    Manzoor14.

Soleil Blanc
    Badger2009 (vol?).

Vert d'Encens
    slattsy: 25ml.
    Padraig Mor: 25ml.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MONTALE
    Hip French house famed for their Ouds - and the potency of their scents. The below are generally regarded as being among the best of their many offerings.
    12.jpg?1417468586
    Black Aoud / Intense Cafe / Red Vetiver
    €22.50 / 10ml, €48.50 / 25ml or €77.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor (10ml - all three splits)

Full Incense
    €23.50 / 10ml, €51 / 25ml or €82.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor.

Arabians
    €24.50 / 10ml, €53.50 / 25ml or €87.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MANCERA
    cafleurebon-MANCERA3-header.jpg

Sister house to Montale - note some split sizes differ from Montale.

Cedrat Boise / Black Intensive Aoud
    €22.50 / 10ml, €54 / 30ml or €88.50 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).

Cedrat Boise
    1.looperman1000 (10ml)
    2. Padraig Mor (10ml)
    3. LesIsMore (10ml)

Black Intensive Aoud
    1.looperman1000 (10ml)

Aoud Vanille
    €24 / 10ml, €57.50 / 30ml or €96 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).
    1.looperman1000 (10ml).
    2. Padraig Mor (10ml).

Black Line
    €25 / 10ml, €61.50 / 30ml or €103.50 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor (10ml).

ACQUA DI PARMA
    714iqJM0luL._SY355_.jpg
    Italian house producing classic eaux de cologne.

Colonia
    €47 / 50ml. (retail €76).

1. LesIsmore.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HERMES
    I've added the 'Tres Fraiche' eau de toilette version of their legendary Terre d'Hermes. Pricing on this is subject to change at short notice - currently on promotion; if you want it, act now!
    41bmQy-yT6L._AC_SL230_.jpg

Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche EdT
    €28 / 25ml.
    1. Iwouldinmesack.
    2. looperman1000.
    3. LesIsMore.

YVES SAINT LAURENT
    A bit 'big' for this thread, but YSL do a very well regarded Oud.
    51FbSab4BuL._AC_SL230_.jpg

M7 Oud Absolu 80ml
    €18.50 / 10ml, €38.50 / 25ml (max of two 25ml splits).

1. looperman1000 (10ml).
    2. Ch1co (25ml).
    3. Padraig Mor (10ml).
    4. looperman1000 (10ml).

Other open splits

Creed
    All Creeds €62 / 50ml
    No need to rush - Creeds will remain 'perma-open' and I'll keep doing them as long as people want them! i.e. when one split fills, I'll open another flacon for ordering. Note all Creeds - especially Aventus - are subject to short delays in getting stock at the supplier.

AVENTUS
    nd.9828.jpg

The legend! No other niche fragrance has received a fraction of the attention as Creed’s pineapple / smoke concoction. If the tales are to be believed, one squirt of this will have women flocking to your bed and other men cowering before you! Can the reality match the vast hype? Of course not – but I have to say it is really nice. Long lasting too – a few squirts will do you for the whole day. So why doesn’t everyone rush to the shop to pick some up and then seduce some virgins? Because it costs so bloody much! The newly launched Aventus 50ml bottles retail at approximately €200 – but wouldn’t you rather forego the packaging and pay ~70% less instead?!

Flacon #9 - ETA late August
    1. tanka006
    2. djdunny
    3. Barry050
    4. keane2097
    5. begbysback
    6. Quinno82

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED
    cregitm_aedp20-01__7.jpg

Flacon #5 - ETA late August
    1. writhen
    2. Dammer
    3. chillinpenguin
    4. The_Pretender
    5. patspost

.....................................................................................................................................

OTHER CREEDS
    Virgin Island Water, Royal Oud, Original Vetiver, Silver Mountain Water, Himalaya, Bois du Portugal, Millesime Imperial, etc

I'm happy to split these or any other Creeds if there is enough interest - just let me know.

Hermes
    TERRE D’HERMES PARFUM (PURE PERFUME)
    €28 / 25ml
    This is one of THE best mass market designer men’s fragrances. If I had to have only one bottle of fragrance, it would be this. Why? It’s suitable for every occasion but still smells classy. The scent itself opens with a kind of grapefruit blast before settling down to a long lasting woody smell. A commentator I saw somewhere online put it best – this smells very ‘professional’ (even though I couldn’t really define what makes a fragrance smell professional!). I hummed and hawed about splitting this as it’s widely available but in the end decided to go with the highest concentration available – Parfum (AKA pure perfume – much stronger than the Eau de Toilette concentration this mostly sells in) so go easy on that trigger.

61yGqmGLSaL._SY355_.jpg

Bottle #8 - ETA late August
    1. djdunny
    2. The_Pretender
    3. keane2097
    4. patspost

SERGE LUTENS
    Chergui EAU DE PARFUM
    €26 / 10ml
    Frankly, I don't know much about this one other than it seems to be a very highly regarded sweet / amber / tobacco fragrance. Anyone fancy a punt?

CHERGUI
    nd.2762.jpg
    Bottle #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. looperman1000
    3. KrustyUCC
    4. looperman1000
    5. Knex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Lovely stuff Pat, I'll be away for a few days, so may not be checking in here, but you have my email, if you want payment just give me a shout and I'll put it thru,
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Hi Padraig, I see you have me down for 50ml of Tobacco Vanille. I'm only looking for 25ml, hopefully that makes that bottle easier! :)

Hi Padraig, I see you have me down for 50ml of Tobacco Vanille. I'm only looking for 25ml, hopefully that makes that bottle easier! :)

Sorted, cheers.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I'll take a punt on the SERGE LUTENS if the split can be filled

Gets very good reviews

Yes, it's consistently touted as being one of the best niches to try. Is that correct - only one way to find out! Hopefully this split gets over the line....

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Hi Pat, can you put me down for an Arabian Wood 50ml, and also for a Champaca Absolute (if you manage to fill the split). I happy to hold off on shipping the Arabian Wood for a month or so as well, to see if the Champaca Absolute fills up, and i'm away for a few weeks in August as well. Plus I might be tempted by a couple more if I can try a few others out in the airport next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If you get a fourth and need someone to fill the Serge Lutens split, I'd join in Padraig. If someone else wants that 5th spot as well though, I don't mind missing out.

I'm intrigued but I've plenty of aftershave at the moment to keep me going a while, if ya get me!

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Hi Pat, can you put me down for an Arabian Wood 50ml, and also for a Champaca Absolute (if you manage to fill the split). I happy to hold off on shipping the Arabian Wood for a month or so as well, to see if the Champaca Absolute fills up, and i'm away for a few weeks in August as well. Plus I might be tempted by a couple more if I can try a few others out in the airport next month.
    TBH I reckon the chances of a large Champaca Absolute split filling are pretty low! Still, we'll see how it gets on - might re-offer it down the line based on a 100ml bottle. Have put you down for Arabian Wood and will hold it for you.

Knex. wrote: »
    If you get a fourth and need someone to fill the Serge Lutens split, I'd join in Padraig. If someone else wants that 5th spot as well though, I don't mind missing out.

I'm intrigued but I've plenty of aftershave at the moment to keep me going a while, if ya get me!
    I'm in the same boat really. Will get back onto you if no more takers - might take a second slot myself just to finish the ****er! For comparison, and not the same thing obviously, I got a sample of Lutens' Ambre Sultan recently which was very similar to Amouage's Interlude - so really high quality juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

my mate wants in on chergui Pat. We laughing now? i mailed you late last night

my mate wants in on chergui Pat. We laughing now? i mailed you late last night

Looking good (at last!), just confirming final slot. None too soon too - Lutens 50ml bottles have now been discontinued so it's remaining stock only....

edit: all done!

Lists in post 494 now updated.

Slots / volumes remaining in ascending order:

Tom Ford Oud Wood: just 1 25ml slot left. (€56, or €53 if ordering 3+ TF).
    Terre d'hermes Parfum #8: just 1 25ml slot left. (€28).
    Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu: just 1 25ml slot left (€38.50) gone.
    Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche EdT: 2 25ml slots left. (€28).
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille #2: 150ml left.
    Tom Ford Neroli Portofino: 150ml left.
    Aventus #9: four 3 50ml slots (€62).
    Green Irish Tweed #5: 5 50ml slots (€62).
    TF Tuscan Leather / Vert d'Encens / Soleil Blanc: all 200/225ml left.
    Plenty of Montale / Mancera / Acqua di Parma and TF Arabian Wood (in hand, ready to ship).

**Limited Creed Aventus retail 100ml offer**
    I have access to a short term price reduction on official Creed Aventus 100ml retail bottles - i.e. the original bottle and box, sealed for retail sale - exactly what you'd buy in Brown Thomas. I can supply them for €170 plus shipping (Brown Thomas price €264.50). Obviously the discount isn't as high a percentage as my splits, but some of you may like to get your hands on the whole package. Offer is only on 100ml bottles. Act fast - I'll need payment on these by Thursday as I'm heading off again for a few days on Friday. As normal, shipping can be combined with other orders. PM if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »

Lastly, can you put me down for:
    1x 25ml TF Tobacco Vanille
    1x 25ml TF Vert d'Encens (though you might struggle to fill this scent, i may pick another).

Thanks!

Padraig, I received a sample the TF Vert d'encens in Brown Thomas yesterday, so can you change my request to solely 50ml of Tobacco Vanille.

Thanking you.

TBH I reckon the chances of a large Champaca Absolute split filling are pretty low! Still, we'll see how it gets on - might re-offer it down the line based on a 100ml bottle.

No worries. I heard its a nice female scent, so if anyone if looking for a nice pressie for their partner etc, we might be able to complete a split, hint hint :P

No worries. I heard its a nice female scent, so if anyone if looking for a nice pressie for their partner etc, we might be able to complete a split, hint hint :P

Yes, meant to have quite the following - I think any woman would definitely appreciate a bottle of a Tom Ford Private Blend!

Tobacco Vanille #1 and Oud Wood reserved for collection next week. Payment requests going out shortly for the following:
    Atelier Bergamote Soleil #3.
    Aventus 100ml retail to date.
    Arabian Wood to date.
    Hermes #8 (1 slot left).
    Tobacco Vanille #1.
    Oud Wood (1 25ml slot left).
    Serge Lutens Chergui.

Remember folks, the lower price for the four Tom Ford 'big hitters' (Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Neroli Portofino, Oud Wood) can't be guaranteed beyond this Thursday!.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RodVelvet

Yes, meant to have quite the following - I think any woman would definitely appreciate a bottle of a Tom Ford Private Blend!

Tobacco Vanille #1 and Oud Wood reserved for collection next week. Payment requests going out shortly for the following:
    Atelier Bergamote Soleil #3.
    Aventus 100ml retail to date.
    Arabian Wood to date.
    Hermes #8 (1 slot left).
    Tobacco Vanille #1.
    Oud Wood (1 25ml slot left).
    Serge Lutens Chergui.

Remember folks, the lower price for the four Tom Ford 'big hitters' (Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Neroli Portofino, Oud Wood) can't be guaranteed beyond this Thursday!.

I'll take the last Oud Wood slot if still available.

RodVelvet wrote: »
    I'll take the last Oud Wood slot if still available.

Yours!

I'm weeks slow in writing this review, but wanted to try out all my new scents first. With regard to packaging, communication etc, I echo everything that has been mentioned before, its an incredible service by Pat, many thanks!

My favourite 'find' from this thread has to be Bergamote Soleil, I took a chance on it based on the great reviews it got on here. So fresh and citrusy and Summery, exactly what i'd been looking for. Lasts for ages as well, even a hint of it the next day even after taking a shower.

The two new scents I got were both Creeds. Spice & Wood - Was delighted to get my hands on this, a very 'evening wear' scent is how I describe it! Millesime Imperial - again, delighted with this, pretty much my go to scent now for day time wear. Soft, fresh and subtle, not too overpowering, especially in the office. Definitely one i'll be looking to buy again once I run out!

• Advertisement

I'm weeks slow in writing this review, but wanted to try out all my new scents first. With regard to packaging, communication etc, I echo everything that has been mentioned before, its an incredible service by Pat, many thanks!

My favourite 'find' from this thread has to be Bergamote Soleil, I took a chance on it based on the great reviews it got on here. So fresh and citrusy and Summery, exactly what i'd been looking for. Lasts for ages as well, even a hint of it the next day even after taking a shower.

The two new scents I got were both Creeds. Spice & Wood - Was delighted to get my hands on this, a very 'evening wear' scent is how I describe it! Millesime Imperial - again, delighted with this, pretty much my go to scent now for day time wear. Soft, fresh and subtle, not too overpowering, especially in the office. Definitely one i'll be looking to buy again once I run out!

Great stuff, cheers Manzoor. Yes, I really like the Bergamote - it's just so 'juicy'! And incredible lasting power for a citrus cologne. I'd had S&W before and it's incredible but,as you say, not an everyday scent (although I am wearing it today!).

The MI was a 'find' for me too - a safe wear, but a little bit different. I'll be doing a split soon of something in the same line soon, but even more 'salty' - Sel Marin by Heeley, which gets great reviews.

Advertisement