Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Big batch of orders just gone in, so get those payments in folks! On the way:
    Atelier Bergamote Soleil #3.
    Serge Lutens Chergui.
    YSL M7 Oud Absolu.
    Terre d'Hermes parfum #8.
    Aventus 100ml retail bottles.

Just a reminder re Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather and Neroli Portofino: cheaper pricing on these ends *today*. Any further decanters that complete will be ordered today for me to collect at an airport next Tuesday. If you want 'em a few quid cheaper, now's the time to order! (might stretch it over the weekend, but safer to do it today).
    The following volumes are yet to be allocated (need to fill these out for order to go ahead);
    Tobacco Vanille #2: 150ml.
    Neroli Portofino: 150ml.
    Tuscan Leather: 225ml.
    (Oud Wood full and I don't think another decanter is realistic ATM).
    Price €56/25ml or €94/50ml (retail price €188/50ml). Drops to €53/€90 if ordering 3+ bottles of Tom Ford. Arabian Wood also available at €62.50/50ml if bought with 1 x 50ml or 2 x 25ml Tom Ford or Creed. TV/NP/TL price goes up to €60/€105 after I get this lot in (unless I'm travelling again).

Also, ringing the bell on the Aventus retail 100ml bottles @ €170 - discount finishes next few days so ask now if you want some!

I'm away from tomorrow morning until Wednesday so might be delayed in responding to communications - will probably only get a chance at night time!

Back again! Tobacco Vanille #1 and Oud Wood picked up yesterday and all the stuff ordered two posts above due to me this evening - so lots of splitting happening over the next few days. Aim is to get that lot out next week. Will update lists and prices in next couple of days.

Later today will hopefully request payments for Aventus #9 - 3 slots left on this so ask if you want some soon - I'd imagine next split of this will be a couple of months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 grazinggreen

Back again! Tobacco Vanille #1 and Oud Wood picked up yesterday and all the stuff ordered two posts above due to me this evening - so lots of splitting happening over the next few days. Aim is to get that lot out next week. Will update lists and prices in next couple of days.

Later today will hopefully request payments for Aventus #9 - 3 slots left on this so ask if you want some soon - I'd imagine next split of this will be a couple of months anyway.

Hi Padraig,

Can I get 1X Creed Aventus and 1X Creed GIT please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭mrm

Hi Padraig,

could you put me down for one of those Creed Aventus 50ml slots left. Also interested in selecting some other split(s) depending what is available on the update lists.

Many thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Update 3/8/17:

1. New splits added below - Heeley Sel Marin and Dior triple pack.

2. Creed Aventus important update. Stocks of this (in 500ml size) are erratic in several suppliers for a while now and it's been out of stock with my usual crew for a couple of months now. This hasn't been a problem until now as I bulk bought a few back in May / June. These are long gone and to fill split #9 I'll be using a different - and more expensive! - supplier. I'll cover the difference on this split myself but the price unfortunately will rise (to €70) from split #10. I expect / hope this will be a temporary measure and that my normal supply will be available soon - price goes back to normal on any open split if/when this happens but I'm not in a position to give a timeline on this at the moment. There is just one slot left on split #9 @ €62 so snap it up someone!. I'll be ordering it within next 24 hours.

edit 4/8/17: Aventus - another update
    I ordered a flacon at my alternate supplier today (who had it listed in stock) but they emailed me to say that they actually don't have it! However, they were able to add some clarity. Most, if not all, suppliers across Europe are out of the flacons as Creed have had a manufacturing issue - not with the juice, but with stickers believe it or not! Current ETA to suppliers is week beginning 16th August (although I'm not sure how reliable that is) with another week to me, plus splitting time. As such, I'm estimating delivery of Aventus flacon #9 splits from early September. Maybe a bit earlier or later, but I'll update when I know more. The good news is that this isn't just an issue with my usual suppliers and, while I'm still going to list flacon #10 at the higher €70 price (just in case) until availability is confirmed, I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to drop the price back down before that split closes (to all sign ups, even if signed up at the higher price).

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 3/8/17
    Creed - 50ml slots remaining
    Aventus #9: just 1 slot left.
    GIT #5: 4.

Tom Ford Private Blend - volumes remaining
    Tobacco Vanille decanter #2: 150125ml.
    Vert d'Encens: 225ml.
    Soleil Blanc: 200/225ml.

Arabian Wood: loads remaining - in hand, ready to go, and about as cheap as you'll find a Private Blend anywhere!

Montale / Mancera
    Plenty left of all.

Hermes - 25ml slots remaining
    Terre d'Hermes pure perfume: just 1 slot left. In hand, ready to ship next week.
    Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche EdT: 2 slots left

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New splits

Heeley - Sel Marin
    26130017.jpg
    Widely praised on fragrance discussion boards, James Heeley's Sel Marin is regarded as perhaps the most realistic marine / sea salt fragrance going and will instantly transport you to a salty breeze - blown rocky sea shore! Think Creed's Millesime Imperial with the marine factor ramped up.

€23.50 / 10ml
    1. Padraig Mor.
    2. looperman1000
    3. LesIsMore

.........................................................................................................................................

Christian Dior triple pack - a complete fragrance collection
    Something a little different! Despite being a household name, Dior make fragrances which even the most hardened niche - lovers grudgingly admire. I've selected three of the best to include in a 'triple pack'. These three are completely different from each other and could easily comprise a complete fragrance collection (a 'wardrobe', fact fans) for any man. Each will come in a high quality 10ml glass bottle with sprayer.

Dior Homme Intense eau de parfum - a very 'powdery', clean scent, this is a very sexy fragrance and ideal for dates / nights out. Big compliment getter from da laydeez if the reports are to be believed.
    Dune pour Homme eau de toilette - a light, crisp, grassy / fig scent, this is ideal for daytime / office use.
    Fahrenheit eau de toilette - legendary scent which skewers the myth that big designer houses only do 'safe' fragrances - slap a niche label on this and you'd be charged eye - watering prices! As masculine as it gets, this is very 'alpha male' with its accord of leather, violet and, most famously, petrol. I've been rocking this juice for 20+ years!
    468197.jpg01257480105.jpg375x500.228.jpg
    €50 / 3 x 10ml
    1. Padraig Mor.
    2. looperman1000
    3. LesIsMore

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Open splits

Creed

All Creeds €62 / 50ml. Aventus rises to €70 from flacon #10.

AVENTUS
    nd.9828.jpg

The legend! No other niche fragrance has received a fraction of the attention as Creed’s pineapple / smoke concoction. If the tales are to be believed, one squirt of this will have women flocking to your bed and other men cowering before you! Can the reality match the vast hype? Of course not – but I have to say it is really nice. Long lasting too – a few squirts will do you for the whole day. So why doesn’t everyone rush to the shop to pick some up and then seduce some virgins? Because it costs so bloody much! The newly launched Aventus 50ml bottles retail at approximately €200 – but wouldn’t you rather forego the packaging and pay ~70% less instead?!

Flacon #9 - ETA early September
    1. tanka006
    2. djdunny
    3. keane2097
    4. begbysback
    5. Quinno82
    6. Quinno82
    7. looperman1000
    8. grazinggreen
    9. mrm
    10. Vic Ferrari

Flacon #10

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED
    cregitm_aedp20-01__7.jpg

Flacon #5 - ETA late August / early Sept
    1. writhen
    2. Dammer
    3. chillinpenguin
    4. The_Pretender
    5. patspost
    6. grazinggreen

.....................................................................................................................................

OTHER CREEDS
    Virgin Island Water, Royal Oud, Original Vetiver, Silver Mountain Water, Himalaya, Bois du Portugal, Millesime Imperial, etc

I'm happy to split these or any other Creeds if there is enough interest - just let me know.

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLENDS

Most / all Tom Ford Private Blends are available. Retail on these is €188 per 50ml.

Tom Ford pricing
    €60 / 25ml
    , or €57 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.
    €105 / 50ml , or €100 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.

TF splits that don't 'get over the line' will be reoffered in smaller volumes, based on buying 100ml spray bottles, at a later date (but at a higher cost per ml).

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    **Special Offer**

Arabian Wood

61Pe0dzPCOL._SY450_.jpg
    "Very distinctive and sensual" - Fragrantica.

Rumoured to have been originally created as a private scent for an oil sheikh before international release, Arabian Wood is a unisex fragrance which is about to be discontinued. I have a limited volume available - in hand, ready to ship.

Price €75 / 50ml (no 25ml splits), or just €62.50 when bought with another 50ml or 2 x 25ml Tom Ford or Creed. This fragrance also counts towards the Tom Ford bulk pricing deal.
    When this is gone, it's gone forever!
    .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Splits available:
    Tobacco Vanille
    Tuscan Leather
    Oud Wood
    Neroli Portofino

Ombre Leather 16
    Patchouli Absolu
    Venetian Bergamot
    Noir de Noir
    London
    Oud Fleur
    Rive d'Ambre
    Tobacco Oud
    Italian Cypress

Vert d'Encens
    Vert Boheme
    Vert des Bois
    Vert de Fleur

Mandarino di Amalfi
    Sole di Positano
    Costa Azzurra

Unisex, but tending to female:
    Cafose
    Soleil Blanc
    Champaca Absolute

Female:
    Jasmin Rouge
    Jasmin Musk
    Shanghai Lily
    Santal Blush
    Plum Japonais

Tobacco Vanille decanter #2 (250ml)
    Deep Thought: 50ml.
    Slattsy: 25ml.
    looperman1000: 25ml.
    mrm: 25ml.

Tuscan Leather decanter #1 (250ml)

Oud Wood decanter #2 (250ml)

Neroli Portofino decanter #1 (250ml)
    wetlandsboy: 50ml.
    Ch1co: 25ml.

Arabian Wood (50ml splits - immediate availability)
    looperman1000.
    Ch1co.
    Padraig Mor.
    Manzoor14.
    RodVelvet.
    Vic Ferrari.
    mrm.

Soleil Blanc
    Badger2009 (vol?).

Vert d'Encens
    Padraig Mor: 25ml.

Champaca Absolute
    Manzoor14.

Hermes
    TERRE D’HERMES PARFUM (PURE PERFUME)
    €28 / 25ml
    This is one of THE best mass market designer men’s fragrances. If I had to have only one bottle of fragrance, it would be this. Why? It’s suitable for every occasion but still smells classy. The scent itself opens with a kind of grapefruit blast before settling down to a long lasting woody smell. A commentator I saw somewhere online put it best – this smells very ‘professional’ (even though I couldn’t really define what makes a fragrance smell professional!). I hummed and hawed about splitting this as it’s widely available but in the end decided to go with the highest concentration available – Parfum (AKA pure perfume – much stronger than the Eau de Toilette concentration this mostly sells in) so go easy on that trigger.

61yGqmGLSaL._SY355_.jpg

Bottle #8 - ETA w/b 7th August
    1. djdunny
    2. The_Pretender
    3. keane2097
    4. patspost

TERRE D'HERMES EAU TRES FRAICHE EdT
    I've added the 'Tres Fraiche' eau de toilette version of their legendary Terre d'Hermes. Pricing on this is subject to change at short notice - currently on promotion; if you want it, act now!
    41bmQy-yT6L._AC_SL230_.jpg
    €28 / 25ml.
    1. Iwouldinmesack.
    2. looperman1000.
    3. LesIsMore.

MONTALE
    Hip French house famed for their Ouds - and the potency of their scents. The below are generally regarded as being among the best of their many offerings.
    12.jpg?1417468586
    Black Aoud / Intense Cafe / Red Vetiver
    €22.50 / 10ml, €48.50 / 25ml or €77.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor (10ml - all three splits)

Full Incense
    €23.50 / 10ml, €51 / 25ml or €82.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor.

Arabians
    €24.50 / 10ml, €53.50 / 25ml or €87.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MANCERA
    cafleurebon-MANCERA3-header.jpg

Sister house to Montale - note some split sizes differ from Montale.

Cedrat Boise / Black Intensive Aoud
    €22.50 / 10ml, €54 / 30ml or €88.50 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).

Cedrat Boise
    1.looperman1000 (10ml)
    2. Padraig Mor (10ml)
    3. LesIsMore (10ml).

Black Intensive Aoud
    1.looperman1000 (10ml)

Aoud Vanille
    €24 / 10ml, €57.50 / 30ml or €96 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).
    1.looperman1000 (10ml).
    2. Padraig Mor (10ml).

Black Line
    €25 / 10ml, €61.50 / 30ml or €103.50 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor (10ml).
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ACQUA DI PARMA
    714iqJM0luL._SY355_.jpg
    Italian house producing classic eaux de cologne.

Colonia
    €47 / 50ml. (retail €76).

1. LesIsMore.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Hey Pat, put us down for a blast of Heeley and Dior triple please, mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Vic Ferrari

I'll take Aventus and Arabian Wood please Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭mrm

mrm wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,

could you put me down for one of those Creed Aventus 50ml slots left. Also interested in selecting some other split(s) depending what is available on the update lists.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Padraig,

I just sent you a PM, but for consistency I'll include the order here.

Could you add Arabian Wood 50ml and Tobacco Vanille 25ml to my order please.

Much appreciated.

Last few requests noted - that's Aventus #9 full guys.

Aventus - another update
    I ordered a flacon at my alternate supplier today (who had it listed in stock) but they emailed me to say that they actually don't have it! However, they were able to add some clarity. Most, if not all, suppliers across Europe are out of the flacons as Creed have had a manufacturing issue - not with the juice, but with stickers believe it or not! Current ETA to suppliers is week beginning 16th August (although I'm not sure how reliable that is) with another week to me, plus splitting time. As such, I'm estimating delivery of Aventus flacon #9 splits from early September. Maybe a bit earlier or later, but I'll update when I know more. The good news is that this isn't just an issue with my usual suppliers and, while I'm still going to list flacon #10 at the higher €70 price (just in case) until availability is confirmed, I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to drop the price back down before that split closes (to all sign ups, even if signed up at the higher price).

• Advertisement

'Before' pic of next weeks deliveries!

424198.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

Hi Pat,

Can you put me down for the Dior triple please. I might get in on something else before that ships but Ill let you know.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Hi, Put me down for an Aventus and an Oud Wood Padraig. Both 50ml + and an Arabian Wood at the discounted price..

Many thanks,

Con.

Last few requests noted. Big load of splits done last night, with boxes hitting the courier tomorrow.

**Tom Ford update**
    I'm taking to the skies again at the end of the month so I'll be hitting the duty free again 1st September. So, price drop on Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood and Neroli Portofino until 30th August! Pricing as before (based on 250ml splits):

€56 / 25ml, or €53 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.
    €94 / 50ml (half price!), or €90 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.

TF Arabian Wood (€75/50ml, or €62.50 with 2 x 25ml or 1 x 50ml TF or Creed) counts towards the combo deal, even at discounted price.

Will update OP shortly with new pricing.

Update 8/8/17:

1. Price drop on Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Oud Wood, Neroli Portofino and Tuscan Leather until 30/8/17. Price rises on rest of the range as 250ml splits on these don't seem viable - aiming for 100ml splits instead (higher cost per ml to purchase).

2. New splits still available - Heeley Sel Marin and Dior triple pack.

3. Creed Aventus important update. Stocks of this (in 500ml size) are unavailable across Europe due to a packaging manufacturing issue. I've listed flacon at a higher price (€70) in case I need to order it from suppliers other than my usual, but do hope to be able to drop it back down before the split finishes. No risk in signing up now - if the supply issue is sorted before the split finishes, everyone pays the lower price.

4. New - Aventus 100ml retail bottles - same as you'll get in Brown Thomas (boxed, etc), except €75 cheaper at €189.50!

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 8/8/17

Terre d'Hermes pure perfume: 2 slots left. In hand, ready to ship!
    Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche EdT: 2 slots left - will order this if I get one more signup.
    Creed Green Irish Tweed #5: 4.
    Montale / Mancera / Acqua di Parma: plenty left of all.

Tom Ford Private Blend - volumes remaining
    Tobacco Vanille decanter #2: 125ml.
    Oud Wood #2: 200ml.

Arabian Wood: loads remaining - in hand, ready to go, and about as cheap as you'll find a Private Blend anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Just happened upon this thread last night, can't believe I missed this, very interested but not sure of the process?

I'm interested in the Aventus and GIT splits, but not sure what the next step is, if someone wouldn't mind giving me a brief rundown? :)

Down to 3 slots remaining on GIT split #5 - I think split #6 will likely be a long time filling so I'd suggest jumping now if you definitely want it before Christmas.

Just happened upon this thread last night, can't believe I missed this, very interested but not sure of the process?

I'm interested in the Aventus and GIT splits, but not sure what the next step is, if someone wouldn't mind giving me a brief rundown? :)

It's all detailed in the OP (link) but the TLDR is when I get enough names to fill a particular split (e.g. 10 x 50ml for Aventus, 5 x 10ml for Serge Lutens, 25/50ml portions to 250ml for Tom Ford, etc) I ask for money, buy that fragrance and empty bottles, split it and send it out to you! Courier shipping is €12.50, but that's for up to 5 or 6 bottles (depends on size; maybe more) so buying more works out better for you. Available splits are listed in the OP and in regular updates within the thread. Best to read that OP though!

Aventus is now onto split #10 - just started so may be a while filling (guesstimating 1 - 2 months). GIT as above - I'd sign up sooner rather than later!

Thanks Padraig,

Count me in for Aventus and GIT splits for now. Do you have many of the 100ml bottles of the Aventus left? I may come back next week and take one of those instead of the split if it was still available.

Thanks Padraig,

Count me in for Aventus and GIT splits for now. Do you have many of the 100ml bottles of the Aventus left? I may come back next week and take one of those instead of the split if it was still available.

Done. 2 slots left on GIT #5 now.

Don't have any Aventus 100ml available but can order them (€189.50) - out of stock at supplier at the moment but should be back in shortly I'd imagine (the delays with the 500ml flacons are due to an ongoing packaging problem so that won't affect the 100ml). Latest 17S01 batch too I presume (last few were anyway). Not as cheap as my splits obviously, but quite a bit cheaper than BT if you're after the 'full package'. For practicality reasons, I'd probably order the GIT (even if last 2 slots not taken) with the 100ml Aventus if you were taking it so not long to wait at all. Just let me know re the Aventus - I prefer not to change the lists around too much!

Good news for Aventus #9 people: it's arrived to my (alternate) supplier and should be with me in about a week!

• Advertisement

It's all detailed in the OP (link) but the TLDR is when I get enough names to fill a particular split (e.g. 10 x 50ml for Aventus, 5 x 10ml for Serge Lutens, 25/50ml portions to 250ml for Tom Ford, etc) I ask for money, buy that fragrance and empty bottles, split it and send it out to you! Courier shipping is €12.50, but that's for up to 5 or 6 bottles (depends on size; maybe more) so buying more works out better for you. Available splits are listed in the OP and in regular updates within the thread. Best to read that OP though!

My apologies, I tell a lie - the details aren't in the OP! They should be, but obviously I managed to delete the relevant bit at some stage and never copped it (I edit them in plain text so hard to keep track sometimes). Will rectify in next 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Kinda both right and wrong in some ways

It is explained with a little bit of effort on page 2 of this thread

Post 1 in that thread does go into great detail

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057714973

Done. 2 slots left on GIT #5 now.

Don't have any Aventus 100ml available but can order them (€189.50) - out of stock at supplier at the moment but should be back in shortly I'd imagine (the delays with the 500ml flacons are due to an ongoing packaging problem so that won't affect the 100ml). Latest 17S01 batch too I presume (last few were anyway). Not as cheap as my splits obviously, but quite a bit cheaper than BT if you're after the 'full package'. For practicality reasons, I'd probably order the GIT (even if last 2 slots not taken) with the 100ml Aventus if you were taking it so not long to wait at all. Just let me know re the Aventus - I prefer not to change the lists around too much!

I'll stick with the splits, thanks Padraig. :) Would like the bottle itself, but sure you don't carry that around with you showing it off! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

And yet again Pat delivers!
    Package arrived from couriers this morning, impeccably wrapped ..not a chance of a breakage, like new born babys in cradles....got the Arabian Wood, Oud Wood and my fave, Tobacco Vanille and the Bergamote Soleil which I got one of the girls at work to test...and she loves it.

Well done Pat on a perfect deliver, happy as a sandboy
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Can I get one of the GIT splits - assuming it can be packaged with the other 2?

OP (re-) updated with details of how this whole splits thing actually works!
    begbysback wrote: »
    Can I get one of the GIT splits - assuming it can be packaged with the other 2?
    No problem at all - I've put you down. Last slot left on GIT #5 folks!. I'll probably move the GIT to smaller 250ml flacons from split #6 as I feel splits based off 500ml flacons could be a very long time closing otherwise. Price will go up though as they cost comparatively more per ml.

Payment requests going out today for GIT#5 - will aim to order it tomorrow so quick payment appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

How much for the GIT and TF Arabian Wood together?

GIT #5 ordered.

RoboRat wrote: »
    How much for the GIT and TF Arabian Wood together?

€124.50 plus shipping of €12.50 (covers up to 5ish bottles depending on size). Only one slot left on the GIT (which is on the way to me, as above) BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Hi Pat, just checking... Arabian Wood is €62.50 if added to my order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Met Pat yesterday to collect my order of Chergui

Very impressed with the bottle and the labelling

Some work goes into the order

Looking forward to trying the juice at the weekend

Advertisement