Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Dammer wrote: »
    Hi Pat, just checking... Arabian Wood is €62.50 if added to my order?

Sure is! Have it to hand as well, so not additional wait time. Expecting to get your order out week beginning 21st August presuming I receive the GIT end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Sure is! Have it to hand as well, so not additional wait time. Expecting to get your order out week beginning 21st August presuming I receive the GIT end of next week.

Excellent! Please add a split to my order.

I don't really need brakes for my car when I smell this good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Just to add my experience my package arrived to my office with GLS couriers on Thursday morning,
    The box was nice and neat, inside little foam odd shapes keeps the bubble wrapped pods in a stable and safe environment. Each pod contained a 25ml bottle wrapped in bubble wrap, then each bottle had it’s cap wrapped in something like cling film to prevent any spill.

I went for the YSL M7 and the Terra D’Hermes. I have only opened the Hermes so far and I must say it is a very nice scent.

So Pat thank you very much for all the effort you put into doing this.

Regards,
    Eoin

Creed Viking news.......

US pricing has been released and it's even more expensive than Aventus ($500 / 100ml!). Release date Sept 5th in Creed boutiques with spray bottles likely to come first, followed by flacons. Realistically, I'd hazard a guess that it'll be the run up to Christmas before I'll have it available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Pat, can you take me out of the the Oud Wood and put me into the last slot for GIT. Should speed things up a bit.
    I might take the Oud Wood if there's a bit more interest.

Thanks,

Con.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

Creed Viking news.......

US pricing has been released and it's even more expensive than Aventus ($500 / 100ml!).
    Wow that's steep allright. I have been looking fwd to this but that's some premium. I guess 5ml splits aren't a runner LOL!

deandean wrote: »
    Wow that's steep allright. I have been looking fwd to this but that's some premium. I guess 5ml splits aren't a runner LOL!

It's not quite as 'bad' as it seems - Creed charge more in the US; indeed many fragrance houses do. So, Viking at $495 for 100ml (50ml is $350) represents a 17% increase over Aventus' US RRP of $425. RRP of 100ml Aventus here is €265 so that translates to approx €310 for Viking. Of more interest to me is the 500ml pricing - Viking's $970 is 12% higher than Aventus' $865.

No EU pricing yet. Creed have been ramping up the cost of their stuff big time the last few years though - I wouldn't be at all surprised if Aventus was increased to match Viking price. So get your splits sooner rather than later! I think we're also likely to see a lot of price increases in niche fragrances soon as it seems to have been identified as an 'opportunity' by big brands. Serge Lutens have been bought out by Shiseido and have already effectively increased prices by dropping 50ml bottles in favour of 100ml and have slashed several frags from the line up. Maison Francis Kurkdjian have been bought by the LVMH luxury conglomerate so expect changes there too....

Aventus flacon #9 received. Brand new batch 17T01 - literally the freshest Aventus on the planet!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Package arrived this morning, haven't opened yet but looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭djdunny

Also received my package today. excellent quality and packaged impeccably. that's my fix until the new year at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

djdunny wrote: »
    Also received my package today. excellent quality and packaged impeccably. that's my fix until the new year at least.

Haha, I have GIT, Aventus, Oud Wood, Arabian Wood, Tobacco Vanille and the Bergamot...and I want more! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Are these the GIT packages, folks? Just curious, i know Pat only got it last week so wasn't sure of timeline.

Are these the GIT packages, folks? Just curious, i know Pat only got it last week so wasn't sure of timeline.
    Haven't got it yet - ordered last week so should (hopefully) get it tomorrow, then split, package etc. Packages waiting for GIT would then go out Tuesday probably.

Haven't got it yet - ordered last week so should (hopefully) get it tomorrow, then split, package etc. Packages waiting for GIT would then go out Tuesday probably.

Ah right, I misread you then - apologies! No panic and not complaining, just curious!

Ah right, I misread you then - apologies! No panic and not complaining, just curious!

I hope it does come today - been no tracking updates since Monday :confused:

edit: being delivered this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Hi Guys,

Just received my package yesterday & wanted to compliment Pat.

As others have stated already this is an absolutely super service.

Package was superbly packed with so much detail - no chance of either a leakage or breakage during transit.

I ordered Creed Aventus & TF Tobacco Vanille - i had never tested before - just went with the comments i read from others in the thread.

The TF neither my 28 year old son or myself were too impressed with - seemed too sickly sweet.

BUT oh my good GOD the Aventus - what a scent - if anyone is sitting on the fence thinking about this one - GET IN THERE quickly.

Thanks again Pat for offering this service - you have been a Gentleman & pleasure to deal with.

Tanka

tanka006 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just received my package yesterday & wanted to compliment Pat.

As others have stated already this is an absolutely super service.

Package was superbly packed with so much detail - no chance of either a leakage or breakage during transit.

I ordered Creed Aventus & TF Tobacco Vanille - i had never tested before - just went with the comments i read from others in the thread.

The TF neither my 28 year old son or myself were too impressed with - seemed too sickly sweet.

BUT oh my good GOD the Aventus - what a scent - if anyone is sitting on the fence thinking about this one - GET IN THERE quickly.

Thanks again Pat for offering this service - you have been a Gentleman & pleasure to deal with.

Tanka

Cheers Tanka; glad to help. Re the Tom Fords: my experience is that guys prefer Tuscan Leather, but women have a definite preference for Tobacco Vanille on men.

Pat, do you have anything else ready to go that I might be able to throw onto my order along with the GIT?

The only one I can make out that's definitely good to go is Arabian Wood?

Pat, do you have anything else ready to go that I might be able to throw onto my order along with the GIT?

The only one I can make out that's definitely good to go is Arabian Wood?

Will email you.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Will email you.

I pat can you please send me a email also as I might also add something to my GIT shipment

• Advertisement

Updated 21/8/17:

1. Clock ticking on cheaper Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Oud Wood, Neroli Portofino and Tuscan Leather - current price valid until 30th August. The splits need to fill 250ml each of them to go ahead.

2. Mancera Cedrat Boise PRICE DROP; plus I have it to hand, ready to go. Rumoured as an 'Aventus killer', it's not a clone but is similar to the Creed - if you like Aventus, you'll like this. Now €20/10ml, €43/30ml or €65/60ml (60ml split takes original 120ml bottle and packaging).

3. Terre d'Hermes parfum and Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche EdT now available from stock.

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 22/8/17

In stock, ready to ship:
    Terre d'Hermes pure perfume: 2 slots left.
    Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche EdT: 2 slots left.
    Mancera Cedrat Boise - 70ml left.
    Tom Ford Arabian Wood - ~9 slots left.

Open splits:
    Dior triple pack: 6.
    Heeley Sel Marin: 6.
    Aventus #10: 9.
    Montale / Mancera / Acqua di Parma: plenty left of all.

Tom Ford Private Blend - volumes remaining
    Tobacco Vanille decanter #2: 175150ml.
    Neroli Portofino: 125ml.
    Tuscan Leather: 225ml.
    Oud Wood #2: 250ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest splits

Heeley - Sel Marin
    26130017.jpg
    Widely praised on fragrance discussion boards, James Heeley's Sel Marin is regarded as perhaps the most realistic marine / sea salt fragrance going and will instantly transport you to a salty breeze - blown rocky sea shore! Think Creed's Millesime Imperial with the marine factor ramped up.

€23.50 / 10ml
    1. Padraig Mor.
    2. looperman1000
    3. LesIsMore
    4. patspost

.........................................................................................................................................

Christian Dior triple pack - a complete fragrance collection
    Something a little different! Despite being a household name, Dior make fragrances which even the most hardened niche - lovers grudgingly admire. I've selected three of the best to include in a 'triple pack'. These three are completely different from each other and could easily comprise a complete fragrance collection (a 'wardrobe', fact fans) for any man. Each will come in a high quality 10ml glass bottle with sprayer.

Dior Homme Intense eau de parfum - a very 'powdery', clean scent, this is a very sexy fragrance and ideal for dates / nights out. Big compliment getter from da laydeez if the reports are to be believed.
    Dune pour Homme eau de toilette - a light, crisp, grassy / fig scent, this is ideal for daytime / office use.
    Fahrenheit eau de toilette - legendary scent which skewers the myth that big designer houses only do 'safe' fragrances - slap a niche label on this and you'd be charged eye - watering prices! As masculine as it gets, this is very 'alpha male' with its accord of leather, violet and, most famously, petrol. I've been rocking this juice for 20+ years!
    468197.jpg01257480105.jpg375x500.228.jpg
    €50 / 3 x 10ml
    1. Padraig Mor.
    2. looperman1000
    3. LesIsMore
    4. Badger2009

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Open splits

Creed

AVENTUS
    nd.9828.jpg

The legend! No other niche fragrance has received a fraction of the attention as Creed’s pineapple / smoke concoction. If the tales are to be believed, one squirt of this will have women flocking to your bed and other men cowering before you! Can the reality match the vast hype? Of course not – but I have to say it is really nice. Long lasting too – a few squirts will do you for the whole day. So why doesn’t everyone rush to the shop to pick some up and then seduce some virgins? Because it costs so bloody much! The newly launched Aventus 50ml bottles retail at approximately €200 – but wouldn’t you rather forego the packaging and pay ~70% less instead?!

Flacon #10 - €70 / 50ml. ETA mid/late Sept. Expecting to drop this back to €62 shortly; I've preordered at the 'old' price - if it arrives before split #10 finishes (likely), the lower price applied to all taken slots.
    1. Frankie5Angels

Aventus 100ml retail bottles (original, boxed) also available at €189.50. Brown Thomas price: €264.50.

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED
    cregitm_aedp20-01__7.jpg

Flacon #5 - ETA October-ish; €70/50ml. Have changed to 250ml splits to avoid extended waits to receive juice.

.....................................................................................................................................

OTHER CREEDS
    Virgin Island Water, Royal Oud, Original Vetiver, Silver Mountain Water, Himalaya, Bois du Portugal, Millesime Imperial, etc

I'm happy to split these or any other Creeds if there is enough interest - just let me know.

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLENDS

Most / all Tom Ford Private Blends are available. Retail on these is €188 per 50ml.

Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood and Neroli Portofino - pricing valid until 30/8/17
    €56 / 25ml
    , or €53 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.
    €94 / 50ml (half price!), or €90 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.

Other fragrances (100ml splits)
    €36 / 10ml, €85 / 25ml, or €150 / 50ml. 50ml split keeps the original bottle. €3 (25ml) or €5 (50ml) discount if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    **Special Offer**

Arabian Wood

61Pe0dzPCOL._SY450_.jpg
    "Very distinctive and sensual" - Fragrantica.

Rumoured to have been originally created as a private scent for an oil sheikh before international release, Arabian Wood is a unisex fragrance which is about to be discontinued. I have a limited volume available - in hand, ready to ship.

Price €75 / 50ml (no 25ml splits), or just €62.50 when bought with another 50ml or 2 x 25ml Tom Ford or Creed. This fragrance also counts towards the Tom Ford bulk pricing deal.
    When this is gone, it's gone forever!
    .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Splits available:
    Tobacco Vanille
    Tuscan Leather
    Oud Wood
    Neroli Portofino

Ombre Leather 16
    Patchouli Absolu
    Venetian Bergamot
    Noir de Noir
    London
    Oud Fleur
    Rive d'Ambre
    Tobacco Oud
    Italian Cypress

Vert d'Encens
    Vert Boheme
    Vert des Bois
    Vert de Fleur

Mandarino di Amalfi
    Sole di Positano
    Costa Azzurra

Unisex, but tending to female:
    Cafose
    Soleil Blanc
    Champaca Absolute

Female:
    Jasmin Rouge
    Jasmin Musk
    Shanghai Lily
    Santal Blush
    Plum Japonais

Tobacco Vanille decanter #2 (250ml)
    Slattsy: 25ml.
    looperman1000: 25ml.
    mrm: 25ml.
    POOLER: 25ml.

Tuscan Leather decanter #1 (250ml)

Oud Wood decanter #2 (250ml)
    1. AmberGold: 50ml.

Neroli Portofino decanter #1 (250ml)
    wetlandsboy: 50ml.
    Ch1co: 25ml.

Arabian Wood (50ml splits - immediate availability)
    looperman1000.
    Ch1co.
    Padraig Mor.
    Manzoor14.
    RodVelvet.
    Vic Ferrari.
    mrm.
    Erik Shin.
    Dammer.

Soleil Blanc (100ml)
    Badger2009 (vol?).

Vert d'Encens (100ml)
    Padraig Mor: 10ml.

Champaca Absolute (100ml)
    Manzoor14.

Hermes
    TERRE D’HERMES PARFUM (PURE PERFUME)
    €28 / 25ml
    This is one of THE best mass market designer men’s fragrances. If I had to have only one bottle of fragrance, it would be this. Why? It’s suitable for every occasion but still smells classy. The scent itself opens with a kind of grapefruit blast before settling down to a long lasting woody smell. A commentator I saw somewhere online put it best – this smells very ‘professional’ (even though I couldn’t really define what makes a fragrance smell professional!). I hummed and hawed about splitting this as it’s widely available but in the end decided to go with the highest concentration available – Parfum (AKA pure perfume – much stronger than the Eau de Toilette concentration this mostly sells in) so go easy on that trigger.

61yGqmGLSaL._SY355_.jpg

Bottle #8 - in hand!
    1. djdunny
    2. The_Pretender
    3. keane2097
    4. patspost

TERRE D'HERMES EAU TRES FRAICHE EdT - in hand, ready to ship!
    I've added the 'Tres Fraiche' eau de toilette version of their legendary Terre d'Hermes. Pricing on this is subject to change at short notice - currently on promotion; if you want it, act now!
    41bmQy-yT6L._AC_SL230_.jpg
    €28 / 25ml.
    1. Iwouldinmesack.
    2. looperman1000.
    3. LesIsMore.

MONTALE
    Hip French house famed for their Ouds - and the potency of their scents. The below are generally regarded as being among the best of their many offerings.
    12.jpg?1417468586
    Black Aoud / Intense Cafe / Red Vetiver
    €22.50 / 10ml, €48.50 / 25ml or €77.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor (10ml - all three splits)

Full Incense
    €23.50 / 10ml, €51 / 25ml or €82.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor.

Arabians
    €24.50 / 10ml, €53.50 / 25ml or €87.50 / 50ml (50ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MANCERA
    cafleurebon-MANCERA3-header.jpg

Sister house to Montale - note some split sizes differ from Montale.

Cedrat Boise
    Price reduced to €20/10ml, €43/30ml or €65/60ml (60ml split gets original bottle & packaging - fantastic deal for €65).
    1. looperman1000 (10ml)
    2. Padraig Mor (10ml)
    3. LesIsMore (30ml).

Black Intensive Aoud
    €22.50 / 10ml, €54 / 30ml or €88.50 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).
    1.looperman1000 (10ml)

Aoud Vanille
    €24 / 10ml, €57.50 / 30ml or €96 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).
    1.looperman1000 (10ml).
    2. Padraig Mor (10ml).

Black Line
    €25 / 10ml, €61.50 / 30ml or €103.50 / 60ml (60ml split takes the original bottle).
    1. Padraig Mor (10ml).
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ACQUA DI PARMA
    714iqJM0luL._SY355_.jpg
    Italian house producing classic eaux de cologne.

Colonia
    €47 / 50ml. (retail €76).

1. LesIsMore.

Top marks, Padraig, I received my package this afternoon and currently sporting Green Irish Tweed on one wrist and Acier Aluminium on the other.

GIT is fantastic, lovely scent. I'm warming very much to the Acier as it settles in. Delighted with my purchases, and the service.

Could everyone please buy an Aventus so that order can fill out quicker and I can have that too?! :pac:

Top marks, Padraig, I received my package this afternoon and currently sporting Green Irish Tweed on one wrist and Acier Aluminium on the other.

GIT is fantastic, lovely scent. I'm warming very much to the Acier as it settles in. Delighted with my purchases, and the service.

Could everyone please buy an Aventus so that order can fill out quicker and I can have that too?! :pac:

I've actually pre-ordered Aventus #10 at my usual place as stocks are still haywire - should hopefully ship to me soon-ish.

Let me know when it lands and I'll take one off you fairly sharpish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Received my package last week; a bit hectic at home so only got around to testing at weekend and leaving a message now.

I went with the Aventus Creed, and Bergamote Soleil.

Packaging is pretty indestructible as expected based on the other reviews. Still wasn't quite expecting the little tape grenades :)
    The Bergamote Soleil was also in a little gold bag, which to be honest seemed completely un-necessary, I'm assuming they were very cheap, but no need at all IMO.
    Bottles and labels are really nice touch, don't look/feel cheap at all which is great.

The Aventus Creed, is very Manly scent, haven't worn much yet but really like it, and has gotten the thumbs up from the OH too.

Bergamote Soleil, is super-citrusy as promised. It's not something I think I'd have picked from testing a selection in store (which isn't a bad thing), but feel like it may grow on me. You'd definitely know it's a 'good' scent, citrus is a matter of taste.

Thanks for the service Pat, I definitely couldn't have justified the cost of these in store.

I'll hold off for a while on a next order (probably GIT), but will definitely keep an eye on thread for any other interesting options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Alright Pat.

I dropped you a PM there.

Can you put me down for Aventus Creed and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille?

Will collect in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Aventus Creed for me too please Pat

Just to note to any new readers - please read the OP to understand how this works.

Soarer wrote: »
    Alright Pat.

I dropped you a PM there.

Can you put me down for Aventus Creed and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille?

Will collect in Cork.
    PMed you back.
    Aventus Creed for me too please Pat
    No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

back in!! pat, could you put me down for the following please:

Tobacco Vanille, 25ml
    Tuscan Leather, 25ml
    Oud Wood 25ml
    Neroli Portofino 25ml

Arabian Wood 50ml

thanks pat!!

• Advertisement

back in!! pat, could you put me down for the following please:

Tobacco Vanille, 25ml
    Tuscan Leather, 25ml
    Oud Wood 25ml
    Neroli Portofino 25ml

Arabian Wood 50ml

thanks pat!!

Cheers y0ssar1an. Hopefully those will all go ahead - Tobacco Vanille and Neroli Portofino looking promising....

Advertisement