Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just gotten a email from creed saying that Viking would be a online exclusive.

Im guessing this might effect you as if they are selling it direct wholesales wont get their hands of in. (or have you a guy on the inside)

I'm working on it! ;)

Yeah, I don't expect to see it with cheaper suppliers until after Christmas (perhaps well after) - that's why the split is relatively expensive: I'm paying full whack to buy it! It's also available from the Creed Boutique in London, who I happened to call into the other day.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

Any thoughts Padraig on Heeley Sel Marin -v- Creed Viking?
    I can afford one or t'other; if you'll fill the Sel Marin order much sooner I'd 'Jump Ship' from my Viking order.

deandean wrote: »
    Any thoughts Padraig on Heeley Sel Marin -v- Creed Viking?
    I can afford one or t'other; if you'll fill the Sel Marin order much sooner I'd 'Jump Ship' from my Viking order.

I haven't smelt either personally (being rectified on both counts soon hopefully) so can only go on others' impressions, which are of course subjective (especially in the case of Viking, which was only officially released in the US today, so few reliable reviews). What I've seen suggests Viking is more of a 'wearable' fragrance in that it's suitable for most / all seasons and occasions (as opposed to, say, its predecessor Aventus which is perhaps a bit too loud for the office unless lightly applied) and quite a mixture of different notes. Which is not to say that Sel Marin is not wearable - on the contrary, it's universally praised by reviewers as the most realistic marine / acqua scent around but, for many people, that would single it out for summer and / or casual wear and perhaps limit its versatility at other times.

Again though, that's based on reading others' reports and everyone is different - e.g. IIRC you love TF Oud Wood, but I actively dislike it - so perhaps you should look for something I say is awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Package arrived today Pat.

After reading the reviews, all the great reviews, I have to admit I was slightly disappointed.
    There were creases on the tape used to seal the box!

Great job, very happy with it.

Delighted to see you picked the TF private range recently. For anyone out there getting Tom Fords for the first time, 25ml is the ideal size for his stuff and you'll see why quite soon.

It's not something you'll wear often as most of them wouldn't be suitable for work. They're extremely formal. In fact I'd say most (not all) are probably best suited to outdoor events as the sillage is heavy. Where as with the Creeds, you'll go through an awful lot quicker as they are more versatile.

Thanks again Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭mrm

My package of fragrances arrived this morning and I open them at lunchtime but couldn't put any on as I was already wearing Terre d'Hermes, so the missus got sprayed, so to speak......with Aventus, Atelier Cologne Poivre Electrique, Montheme Leather EDP, TF Arabian Wood and Tobacco Vanille. I wore a little bit of GIT back to the office. Reviews of sorts below but I do not know my ambergris from my patchoulli, only what I likes and doesn'ts like.

Firstly the Aventus - it is all it is made out to be, classy masculine fragrance. Clean, fresh, mature. The fragrance of a man who has 'made it' in life.....I'm still gonna wear it:) The standout of them all for both my wife and daughter. Blind buy without a doubt, you wont be disappointed.
    The Leather EDP is not favoured by herself but it is a masculine leather/ animal hide (don't think raw though) fragrance- I really like it, how a man should smell, particularly one wearing a leather fragrance. Fading earlier than others though.
    The TF AW starts out too feminine for me (she liked it so 'it's all yours'). An hour later it is a beautiful classy fragrance suitable equally for both sexes, so 'we'll share that one'!
    TF TV is Christmas in a bottle. Comforting, rich, quite sweet. She adores it on me and will consider wearing it herself the odd occasion! It lasts and lasts and lasts - easily the best performer of the lot. If I want the missus to cuddle in in front of a fire just one spray of TV will ensure that. Permission for buying more fragrances will be sought while wearing TV.
    GIT surprised me with how beautiful it was. Great fragrance and the surprise of the lot as it was not top of my wish list going on reviews and recommendations and what I sought. Smells 'professional'. Really like this one. May have to go back to Pat for a full split of this at some point.
    The AC Poivre Electrique - this one starts out very synthetic and remains there for a while. Not a particularly endearing start. As it starts to settle down over time it becomes a very fresh 'clean' (almost hyper soapy) smell. A citrusy lighter wood fragrance, not a dark wood. People will feel cleaner and refreshed just after walking by you wearing this! I really like this one! Settles into a great performer. One issue is this is quite overpowering. I sprayed the various fragrances on different parts of my arms, but this had one arm all to itself, it was that strong - cannot compete with it. Definitely an under clothing spray. Will last forever. And soooo nice!

No space left to try out the Atelier Cologne Absolue, but the sample bottle smelled nice.

TL;DR Pat appears to be supplying lots of great fragrances. Just get yourself some! Lots! Aventus and Poivre Electrique are probably not suitable for the office (strong performers). GIT is. TV lasts and lasts. AW is classy and is suitable also for your missus. Aventus is the star though. Love them all, even after a couple of dodgy starts!

The packaging is excellent, the bottles are nice simple glass cubes (25 and 50ml) and the labels Pat places on them are excellent. A great service. Thank you very very much Pat.

• Advertisement

Cheers mrm - nice reviews!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hi Pat, can you put me down for the last Christian Dior triple pack?
    Cheers

Must say I'm loving the Bergamote Soleil Atelier.
    Not my usual style of frag, but very refreshing and clean.
    Have got a few compliments on it.

My 6 yo daughter loves it, "Daddy smells like peaches"

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Hi Pat, can you put me down for the last Christian Dior triple pack?
    Cheers

Must say I'm loving the Bergamote Soleil Atelier.
    Not my usual style of frag, but very refreshing and clean.
    Have got a few compliments on it.

My 6 yo daughter loves it, "Daddy smells like peaches"

Done. Yeah, the Bergamote is fantastic alright - very refreshing! Has moved well for me - I'd say I've sold as much of it as plenty of retail shops in Europe!

They do (several) others in a similar style - Orange Sanguine is their 'big hit' (no surprises what it smells like), but Pomelo Paradis (grapefruit) is also really nice.

BTW folks, i can now take Revolut payments as well, if that's of use to anyone.

At last........Aventus flacons #10 and #11 have been despatched to me. So, that's pricing to you guys here confirmed at the lower €62 price. I should have them next Friday (maybe) so ETA for deliveries week beginning 18th September. Payment requests going out tonight hopefully. Three Two slots left on flacon #11 if someone wants some Aventus action pretty quickly....

Dior triple pack people: suppliers still waiting for the Dune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Put me down for Aventus please Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Alright Pat.

I mentioned to you before about getting my grubby mitts on some Millesime Imperial. Any chance you could open a split of it to gauge interest? I see you filled the last order, so maybe there'll be interest in a second one?

Soarer wrote: »
    Alright Pat.

I mentioned to you before about getting my grubby mitts on some Millesime Imperial. Any chance you could open a split of it to gauge interest? I see you filled the last order, so maybe there'll be interest in a second one?

Might hold off on the MI until spring / summer (it's not really a winter frag). I've got a sample of it though which I'll drop to you with your Aventus next week - should do you a little while anyway!

BTW folks, Viking release date pushed back to Sept 21st so splits likely to push to early October.

Might hold off on the MI until spring / summer (it's not really a winter frag). I've got a sample of it though which I'll drop to you with your Aventus next week - should do you a little while anyway!

Spot on.

Tis all new to me. Seasonal fragrances? Jesus wept! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Spice and Wood, Pat, Spice and Wood! :pac:

What's the best 'winter' fragrance, or what are the winter fragrances you'll be doing?

Spice and Wood, Pat, Spice and Wood! :pac:

What's the best 'winter' fragrance, or what are the winter fragrances you'll be doing?

Autumn frags next week, winter ones in November maybe!

S&W is insanely good though. Might add it to the lineup (again)....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I'll take an aventus Pat please

I'll take an aventus Pat please

No problem.

Just one slot left now on Aventus #11 - stock on the way to me so shipping from 18th Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

How much aventus plus shipping. Newbie... See everybody likes

• Advertisement

mono_mac wrote: »
    How much aventus plus shipping. Newbie... See everybody likes

Full details in OP; Aventus is €62 (retail price €195); courier shipping for up to 5 / 6 bottles €12.50 within Ireland.

Autumn frags next week, winter ones in November maybe!

S&W is insanely good though. Might add it to the lineup (again)....

I'm in for that, whenever you do it. I'd guess Soarer is as well, he's buying everything, so there's two anyway! :pac:

I'm in for that, whenever you do it. I'd guess Soarer is as well, he's buying everything, so there's two anyway! :pac:

Just finished the Autumn lineup - goes out to previous buyers by email Sun / Mon, and onto Boards shortly after. Looks like you'll be parting with some cash.....;)

Don't you assume you know what I'm gonna do!!:mad:

You're dead right though! :o
    Just finished the Autumn lineup - goes out to previous buyers by email Sun / Mon, and onto Boards shortly after. Looks like you'll be parting with some cash.....;)

Time to sell my other kidney!:rolleyes:

Soarer wrote: »

Time to sell my other kidney!:rolleyes:

I will warn you in advance that Spice & Wood is ferociously expensive - $1000 for a 250ml bottle in the States! It is really nice though......

I will warn you in advance that Spice & Wood is ferociously expensive - $1000 for a 250ml bottle in the States! It is really nice though......

Not to worry.

Will sell a lung too!

:eek: Jesus Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

:eek: Jesus Christ!

I can confirm it's nice! Got a split from Pat before. V long lasting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I can confirm it's nice! Got a split from Pat before. V long lasting too.

I can second this, I put a splash on this morning before leaving for work @ 7am and I can still catch a whiff of it!

It's pure fanny magnet too!!

• Advertisement

I can also confirm that Aventus For Her smells delicious. It was a blind buy from Pat last week.

Mrs. S wore it for the first time when we were at the Cannonball Run yesterday.
    I came from work and met her there with the kids. As soon as she stepped out of the car, I smelled it and asked her what it was. We were outdoors, it was breezy, and it was very easy to smell without being overpowering. My untrained nose couldn't tell you the notes or whatever, but it definitely seemed a class above the Chanel/Thierry Mugler/Viktor & Rolf stuff I normally buy her...only this was cheaper! It also smelled better than the smell from the cap. I assume that's the dry down! :confused:

Sorry for the rubbish impromptu review.

Advertisement