Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Blitz17 wrote: »
    I should start going to church so lol.

Its one that always, always gets commented on, you wont be disappointed at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Soarer wrote: »
    Another delivery from Pat today.
    Aventus is Aventus. Drinkable.
    Sartorial is very barbershopy. Really really nice though. Lovely bottle and box. Will definitely be test driving that tomorrow. Hope the office is ready! Will probably be walking in slow motion all day!

Must
    Stop
    Buying.

How do you find the Sartorial compared to the Acier Aluminium?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

It's similar but different.

I'll know more tomorrow once I put it on my skin, but from the bottle, the Sartorial seems a touch sweeter or something. Haven't got the expertise or nose to expand that.

Like I said, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Also, don't know if barbershopy is the right description for Sartorial. I know it's supposed to be a tailor's workshop, but I've never been. So I'm going with barbershopy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Hi Pat can I get an Aventus and a Sartorial please ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

Hi Padraig, it was a pleasure to meet you last weekend during my trip to Cork.
    I was really looking forward to trying the TF Oud Wood. I've tried it a few times and I really like it, although it does not seem to last very long, certainly not as long as the Creed Aventus. But maybe that is just my nose getting used to it and I might still be irresistible to anyone close to me!
    The bergamot is fabulous, probably more of a summer scent, and I really appreciate getting the original bottle complete with lovely leather pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'd definitely agree with Soarer that the Sartorial is old school / barbershop. It's a more 'dry' smell than the Acier - more stiff upper lip than Acier's Rat Pack if that makes sense?!

Bullocks wrote: »
    Hi Pat can I get an Aventus and a Sartorial please ? Thanks
    Aventus yes - payment request coming your way soon. Sartorial all out I'm afraid!

I'd definitely agree with Soarer that the Sartorial is old school / barbershop. It's a more 'dry' smell than the Acier - more stiff upper lip than Acier's Rat Pack if that makes sense?!

Aventus yes - payment request coming your way soon. Sartorial all out I'm afraid!

Thanks , if there is a 10ml of the Heeley Eau Seacree left I'll take one instead of the Sartorial please

I've had a few samples of the Sartorial alright, it's grand but I find the penhaligons generally don't last long on me, bar Opus and Juniper Sling (have a bottle of each!). also have Endymion but, while it's a cracking smell, it just doesn't last for me. Maybe I need to buy the concentrated dose.

If I was to call between the Sartorial and the Acier, I'd have the Acier all day (wearing it this morning, actually!) - just wondered about other opinions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Hey guys just as a FYI if any of you do like penhaligons and want to get a full bottle be aware they do have a outlet in Kildare village.

Thanks , if there is a 10ml of the Heeley Eau Seacree left I'll take one instead of the Sartorial please

No problem. Note that the Eau Sacree is a standard split in that I need to 'sell' it all first before I go ahead with collecting money and buying it - yours will be the 4th of 5 slots. I'll also flag that it's €40 for 10ml so not cheap (it's a highly concentrated extrait de parfum)! It really is gorgeous though - very like the incense they use in church, and who doesn't like that?!

• Advertisement

No problem. Note that the Eau Sacree is a standard split in that I need to 'sell' it all first before I go ahead with collecting money and buying it - yours will be the 4th of 5 slots. I'll also flag that it's €40 for 10ml so not cheap (it's a highly concentrated extrait de parfum)! It really is gorgeous though - very like the incense they use in church, and who doesn't like that?!
    No bother , thanks. I haven't smelt incense in awhile, I'd say if I stood in a church at this stage I could burst into flames !

No bother , thanks. I haven't smelt incense in awhile, I'd say if I stood in a church at this stage I could burst into flames !

Cool.

Just one slot left on the Heeley Eau Sacree now. Last chance - I don't see the demand being there to repeat this one. Smell like a bishop for €40!

So tempted...resisting...for now.

Any idea when the Viking might land, Pat? I know you mentioned before, but I'm just trying to suss whether I get you to send my other orders when they're good to go or wait for them all together :pac: Patience is not one of my virtues. If profligacy was a virtue, I'd be sorted!

So tempted...resisting...for now.

Any idea when the Viking might land, Pat? I know you mentioned before, but I'm just trying to suss whether I get you to send my other orders when they're good to go or wait for them all together :pac: Patience is not one of my virtues. If profligacy was a virtue, I'd be sorted!

LOL, know how you feel!

Creed in London are meant to ring me when Viking is released this coming Friday to order it, so I'll probably start taking payments for it in next couple of days. I stress 'are meant to' as they haven't been too hot on the communications front so far, plus they haven't confirmed yet how much it'll cost to ship it to me!

I'm tentatively guiding first or second week October for the Viking to go out to you guys, but that's still TBC st this stage.

I've had a few samples of the Sartorial alright, it's grand but I find the penhaligons generally don't last long on me, bar Opus and Juniper Sling (have a bottle of each!). also have Endymion but, while it's a cracking smell, it just doesn't last for me. Maybe I need to buy the concentrated dose.

If I was to call between the Sartorial and the Acier, I'd have the Acier all day (wearing it this morning, actually!) - just wondered about other opinions :)

I know everyone's different, but youtube reviewers get great performance from Sartorial. And I've had it on for 4 hours now, and it's still working away nicely.

It's certainly different enough to have both Acier and Sartorial, especially as it's not exactly bank breaking.

If I can compare Acier and Sartorial to the Minogue sisters. Kylie is sweet (Sartorial) whereas Dannii's that little bit dirtier (Acier). They're both lovely, and everyone has their favourite. But nobody's gonna choose just one if they could have both!

If I can compare Acier and Sartorial to the Minogue sisters. Kylie is sweet (Sartorial) whereas Dannii's that little bit dirtier (Acier). They're both lovely, and everyone has their favourite. But nobody's gonna choose just one if they could have both!

I think that's the best analogy I've ever read on Boards :pac:

Funnily enough, Danni would be my favourite Minogue too...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I think that's the best analogy I've ever read on Boards :pac:

It's very good in fairness!!

Between that and "misogyny in a bottle", you should have a fragrance review show!

Simple examples from a simple man.

Oh to be the meat in a Minogue sammich!

• Advertisement

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 18/09/17

In stock, ready to ship:
    Tom Ford - Arabian Wood - ~6 slots left.

Stock on the way:
    Creed - Aventus: 1 slot left.

Open splits:
    Creed - Spice & Wood: 150ml left to be allocated of current 250ml split.
    Atelier Cologne - Santal Carmin: 125ml left to be allocated of current 200ml split. *NB: discontinued at supplier. Ok to put names down, but may not proceed.*
    Diptyque - 34 Boulevard Saint Germain: two 10 ml slots left to be allocated of current 100ml split.
    Comme des Garcons - 2 Man: 70ml left to be allocated of current 100ml split.

Tom Ford Private Blend - volumes remaining (of 250ml)
    Tuscan Leather: 150ml.
    Oud Wood #2: 200ml.

New: add 5ml glass atomiser (screwtop) bottles to any order for €2 each - bring your juice with you! (NB temporarily gone! More coming soon!).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NEW - Autumn fragrances
    A hand picked selection of scents, all identified as ideal for Autumn wear by multiple reviewers. Warm, spicy fragrances to cheer you up on a crisp morning!

Creed - Spice and Wood
    412oLWsxeoL._SY355_.jpg
    Part of Creed's top of the line Royale Exclusives range (250ml bottles of this retail for $1000 in the US!), this is a stunning fragrance - rich and warm but not loud; it's surprisingly versatile as its projection is kept in check.
    €72 / 25ml or €130 / 50ml. 150ml remaining on current 250ml split.

.....................................................................................................................................
    Atelier Cologne - Santal Carmin
    s1637743-main-hero.jpg
    "Rich and deep, Santal Carmin reveals its reassuring and comfortable character with roundness and softness...". A creamy, warm woody (sandalwood, cedarwood, gaiac wood) scent with hints of saffron and vanilla. Price below due to supplier promotion, which may change without notice - act fast! Retail price ~€90 / 30ml.
    €39.50 / 25ml or €65 / 50ml. 125ml remaining on current 200ml split. *NB: discontinued at supplier. Ok to put names down, but may not proceed*

.....................................................................................................................................

Atelier Cologne - Poivre Electrique #2 *in stock*
    Poivre-Electrique-100ml-300x300.jpg?heavy-preloader
    A world apart from Atelier's citrus scents, this opens with a blast of pepper before settling into a very long lasting warm wood / incense smell. Very dry - not much sweetness.
    €39.50 / 25ml or €65 / 50ml. 75ml remaining - in hand, ready to ship!

Diptyque - 34 Boulevard Saint Germain EdT
    51%2BOn3ipZnL._SY355_.jpg
    34 boulevard saint germain is a fragrance celebrating Diptyque's 50th anniversary. 34 encapsulates the scent of its first boutique located on 34 boulevard saint germain with rare and precious fragrances. The result is a fragrance that has an innovative and complex signature. Developed around a chypre backbone, the base notes of wood and balms add comfort and create addiction. It is a rich and voluptuous fragrance which is suitable for men and women. Retail €80 / 50ml.

€22 / 10ml Just two 10ml slots remaining on current 100ml split.

Comme des Garcons - 2 Man EdT
    41DJNVvUbsL._AC_SL230_.jpg
    The fresh chypre boise fragrance brings together a mix of green mate angelica root, coriander spiced up with cinnamon, nutmeg and bay oil and an ink base of patchouli, Chinese cedarwood and cade oil.

€20 / 10ml, €42 / 25ml or €63 / 50ml. 50ml portion keeps original bottle and box. 70ml remaining on current 100ml split.

Pat, would you have a Creed Aventus ready to go when shipping my current order?

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Pat, would you have a Creed Aventus ready to go when shipping my current order?

Sort of. I don't have any spare currently, but the next flacon has already been ordered (out of stock.....again....) and will in fact ship to me from the supplier together with the completed Spice & Wood flacon which you're down for (in fact, it's holding up the S&W shipping) - so I will have some available by the time your package is shipped - if you put your name down for one of the last three slots anyway!......

Sort of. I don't have any spare currently, but the next flacon has already been ordered (out of stock.....again....) and will in fact ship to me from the supplier together with the completed Spice & Wood flacon which you're down for (in fact, it's holding up the S&W shipping) - so I will have some available by the time your package is shipped - if you put your name down for one of the last three slots anyway!......

Put me down for one please Pat

@Frankie5Angels: Re. Sartorial performance. I played a game of outdoor 5-a-side last night from 7-8, and after the game one of the lads asked me if I was going straight out to the club in my gear 'cause he could smell my aftershave the whole game! I could smell it myself, but thought nothing of it 'cause I was smelling it all day.
    So that was 12 hours after I put in on that morning.

Maybe I'm a freak?! Don't answer that.

Rocking Aventus for the first time today. 'Tis lovely to be fair. Funnily enough, it seems to smell better when I get a waft of it off myself than when I smell it directly on my skin. It's on an hour, so we'll see how it goes.

What to wear tomorrow?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Hey Pat will you put my name down for a slot on Aventus, please?

I will take the last 10ml on the Eau Sacree EdP if it's still going.

Loving the reviews lads :D

Cheers dude

Currently wearing: Arabian Wood - Tom Ford

Hey Pat is there any chance you could do a split in Armani Privé Royal Oud?

Cheers

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Put me down for one please Pat
    Done.
    Rocking Aventus for the first time today. 'Tis lovely to be fair. Funnily enough, it seems to smell better when I get a waft of it off myself than when I smell it directly on my skin. !
    That's something I've often heard re Aventus.
    Hey Pat will you put my name down for a slot on Aventus, please?

I will take the last 10ml on the Eau Sacree EdP if it's still going.
    Done and done. Just one slot left on the next Aventus - already ordered; awaiting stock.
    Hey Pat is there any chance you could do a split in Armani Privé Royal Oud?
    I could if there's the interest (I'm not too familiar with it TBH), although also planning Creed's Royal Oud so they may clash! Will hold off a little while in any event - have plenty to keep me busy ATM, plus Viking coming soon, and then hopefully some Tom Fords......I'm snowed under!

I hear you! Thanks Pat.

I can tell you that I have royal oud and it's a lot sweeter than the armani offering. I don't even think they're alike.
    Have a spray of privé n time you're in the airport or BT. Harry has a bottle of it.

Anyway no pressure. I know you're snowed under..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 maxmo

Just got my parcel,fair play to you Pat, it must have taken you all day to pack it.
    Perfect I am well pleased.

Advertisement