Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Oud Wood or Tuscan Leather, which is nicer for an ould cold autumnal evening?

Don't ask Pat about Oud Wood! He'll puke on his keyboard! :D

I think it's awesome (41 year old who's served his biological purpose).
    Young handsome chap sitting next to me in work (25 year old with his whole life ahead of him) thinks it's "savage".

Which is why I've ordered 2 more splits.

Actually Pat, the same chap really liked the Monotheme Leather too. Story with that? Any more? Is the Tuscan Leather similar/better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Right so. Pat, if I was to request to join the Oud Wood split, would it be good to go whenever you get the Viking? (this assuming my Aventus and Spice and Wood are also good to go? I don't even know what I've ordered any more!:o ). If so, I'd be interested in 50ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

.....what Soarer said: I don't like Oud Wood - I think it smells like celery! Given that I doubt TF spent millions developing a frag that smells like celery, we can take it my nose is just a bit off when it comes to oud, especially as I ain't gone on Creed Royal Oud either (but I do like YSL M7 Oud Absolu so go figure......).

The next Oud Wood split - if it happens - will be collected by me at a duty free abroad on 8th October so splits shortly after that (probably from 10th). So not too long after Viking.

Monotheme Leather: all gone (except for my own stash). Tuscan starts similar but is less linear and more aggressive - longer lasting too. It's not necessarily an 'easy' wear but I'd definitely characterise it as alpha male. Should be available to sample in BT. I can give yiz a sniff too.

Oh, and Creed Viking ordered mother****ers! According to Creed London, I got the first - and only - two 500ml flacons to be released today in the UK - put that in your pipe and smoke it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I'll try Oud Wood over the weekend - haven't tried it in ages - be back to you if it's, like, totes amazeballs :pac: otherwise, nah, shag it, I want the Creeds asap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

"Oh, and Creed Viking ordered mother****ers! According to Creed London, I got the first - and only - two 500ml flacons to be released today in the UK - put that in your pipe and smoke it! "

Padraig you're Some Man for one man! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Pat, what's the story with the Viking? Are all the slots taken?

Edit.. Just saw I missed the boat when I was off getting married, typical :(. If there are any reserve spots could you put me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

No bother; won't affect it - they're arriving tomorrow or Monday.

Sound, I'll send the funds now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The woman thinks I'm having affairs with all these fine smelling deliveries. Not that I have the time nor the money! Good job on the labels man, looks the biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭mrm

Hi Pat,

can you start another order for me with 25ml Oud Wood please, provided it goes ahead. I'll add to the order as I see what becomes available in your stock over the next few weeks.

Also, if there is any possibility of starting another set of splits of Monotheme Leather EDP I'd like to put a shout in for 50ml - fantastic stuff (thanks for that recommendation).

mrm

Pat, what's the story with the Viking? Are all the slots taken?

Edit.. Just saw I missed the boat when I was off getting married, typical :(. If there are any reserve spots could you put me in?
    Put you down, but there's already a couple on the reserve list! If the interest is there, I'm sure I can get another flacon shortly, but splits would be slightly more expensive at €85 due to no savings on combined shipping. Worth noting as well that I do hope / expect to offer it cheaper when it becomes available outside of Creed directly, but you're looking at a couple of months I'd say, if not after Christmas.
    beertons wrote: »
    The woman thinks I'm having affairs with all these fine smelling deliveries. Not that I have the time nor the money! Good job on the labels man, looks the biz.
    Yeah, labels improved since your early splits! Between high end bottles and nice labels, the aim is to give you guys something you can happily display on your shelf and which could pass as a retail bottle to those unfamiliar with the brands. I could drop the price by using cheap, coloured, medicine bottles and hand written labels, but that's not how I roll.....
    mrm wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

can you start another order for me with 25ml Oud Wood please, provided it goes ahead. I'll add to the order as I see what becomes available in your stock over the next few weeks.

Also, if there is any possibility of starting another set of splits of Monotheme Leather EDP I'd like to put a shout in for 50ml - fantastic stuff (thanks for that recommendation).
    Oud Wood looking like it may happen at this stage.....will keep you posted.

Yeah I like the Monotheme but longevity could be better. Still, it's cheap..... I'll see if I can pick some up in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Just to keep everyone updated re completed splits etc!

Aventus: really finding it hard to pick this up quickly ATM. Last completed split was ordered by me about two weeks ago but hasn't shipped yet - I doubt I'll receive this before 4th/5th October at the earliest so guesstimating splits will ship from week beginning 9th October (but perhaps later). The currently open split was ordered a few days ago - TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the two ended up shipping together to me.

Spice & Wood: I ordered the completed S&W split together with the first Aventus mentioned above - while it's in stock, the lack of Aventus availability is preventing it shipping to me, so same timeline as above. There is another split currently open but I won't be ordering this until it finishes or very close.

Viking: ordered and expected to ship to me Monday; should have it end of the week for split delivery from 2nd October.

Jubilation XXV and Diptyque: got both Friday; hoping to split today if I get a chance and deliveries this week (there's only a small number of shipments waiting for these).

Eau Sacree: on the way to me; expect to receive it Monday or Tuesday for split delivery beginning 2nd October most likely (me no likey shipping after Wednesday in case packs get stuck with courier over weekend).

Comme des Garcons 2 Man: not ordered, need more peeps!

Atelier Santal Carmin: gonna drop this I'd say, as the distributor have done just that!

Tom Ford Oud Wood and Tuscan Leather: not enough signups yet to go ahead (but getting there...); if they fill up I'll collect them in the duty free when flying 8th October.

List of what's available below. Just to note that the pricing below for Tom Ford Oud Wood and Tuscan Leather is valid until the middle of next week - will need to reserve the stuff for collection at duty free around then - so get your names down if you want some..... 5ml atomisers back in stock BTW.

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 25/09/17

In stock, ready to ship:
    Tom Ford - Arabian Wood - ~6 slots left.
    Atelier Colgone - Poivre Electrique: 75ml remaining for 25/50ml splits.

Stock on the way:
    Creed - Aventus: 7 slots left.

Open splits:
    Creed - Spice & Wood: 125ml left to be allocated of current 250ml split.
    Comme des Garcons - 2 Man: 70ml left to be allocated of current 100ml split.
    (Atelier Santal Carmin withdrawn as supplier stopped listing it).

Tom Ford Private Blend - volumes remaining (of 250ml)
    Tuscan Leather: 150ml.
    Oud Wood #2: 200ml 100ml.

New: add 5ml glass atomiser (screwtop) bottles to any order for €2 each - bring your juice with you! (Back in stock).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

List of what's available below. Just to note that the pricing below for Tom Ford Oud Wood and Tuscan Leather is valid until the middle of next week - will need to reserve the stuff for collection at duty free around then - so get your names down if you want some..... 5ml atomisers back in stock BTW.

Slots and volumes currently remaining as of 25/09/17

In stock, ready to ship:
    Tom Ford - Arabian Wood - ~6 slots left.
    Atelier Colgone - Poivre Electrique: 75ml remaining for 25/50ml splits.

Stock on the way:
    Creed - Aventus: 7 slots left.

Open splits:
    Creed - Spice & Wood: 125ml left to be allocated of current 250ml split.
    Comme des Garcons - 2 Man: 70ml left to be allocated of current 100ml split.
    (Atelier Santal Carmin withdrawn as supplier stopped listing it).

New: add 5ml glass atomiser (screwtop) bottles to any order for €2 each - bring your juice with you! (Back in stock).

I'm not sure how this works, but Aventus is the balls, so how do I order and whats the price?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'm not sure how this works, but Aventus is the balls, so how do I order and whats the price?

All detailed in the OP here! (Note most stuff is not held in stock - you pay in advance and I then do the work). Aventus is €62 / 50ml (it's €195 in BT for the same volume!), plus courier shipping of €12.50 (covers 4 - 6 bottles depending on size).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

All detailed in the OP here! (Note most stuff is not held in stock - you pay in advance and I then do the work). Aventus is €62 / 50ml (it's €195 in BT for the same volume!), plus courier shipping of €12.50 (covers 4 - 6 bottles depending on size).

Im here long enough to know I should have read the OP haha my bad... jaysus that is good value. Im still paying off the mortgage payments from getting it in BT the last time.

Tuscan Leather and Oud Wood - pricing valid until 3/10/17
    €56 / 25ml, or €53 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles.
    €94 / 50ml (half price!), or €90 if ordering three or more TF 25 / 50ml bottles

Come on lads. Let's get this Oud Wood split on the road.

Hi Pat,

can you include 2 atomisers with my order please.

Thank you,

mrm

mrm wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

can you include 2 atomisers with my order please.

Thank you,

mrm

Sure. I'm correct in just having you down for the next Oud Wood split (if it goes ahead), yeah?

Aventus and Spice & Wood on the way to me! Should have them next Monday I'd say (which means I will have some Aventus available from stock) - guesstimating splits delivery from Oct 9th, maybe from 4th if I'm quick off the mark (lots of orders waiting for these).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Vic Ferrari

I'll take 25ml Oud Wood and 2 atomisers,
    Thanks Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Can I add an atomiser.. What price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

mono_mac wrote: »

Sorry for the hassle Pat, but could I please ask if you could send out my split whenever you have the already ordered items ready to send - I'll put the Tom Ford (if it goes ahead) as the first item in my next order.

Remarkable bit of work you're doing - much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Hey Pat,

I will take some of the tom form oud wood split. 25ml.

Just let me know how much on PM and your details.

Cheers

Sure. I'm correct in just having you down for the next Oud Wood split (if it goes ahead), yeah?

Yes please, though I expect I will have it on hold until I add to the order and complete. I will sort out the payment on your request and then most likely see what else takes my fancy as more stock becomes available.

mrm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Aventus and Spice & Wood on the way to me! Should have them next Monday I'd say (which means I will have some Aventus available from stock) - guesstimating splits delivery from Oct 9th, maybe from 4th if I'm quick off the mark (lots of orders waiting for these).

OMG!OMG! It almost feels like chrimbo, and you're the big (amazing) smelly red suit man..

Have the Vikings arrived yet? Obv Soarer can lend you his hat for the occasion, if he's not too busy mainlining the juice :pac:

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    OMG!OMG! It almost feels like chrimbo, and you're the big (amazing) smelly red suit man..

Have the Vikings arrived yet? Obv Soarer can lend you his hat for the occasion, if he's not too busy mainlining the juice :pac:

I can't.

I need my hat for donations, now that I'm down to one kidney and one lung.

mono_mac wrote: »
    €2 a pop.
    rafatoni wrote: »
    Hey Pat,

I will take some of the tom form oud wood split. 25ml.

Just let me know how much on PM and your details.

Cheers
    Need to get it complete yet but looking very positive for this now. WIll update you if / when it goes ahead.

Irish Wolf wrote: »

Have the Vikings arrived yet?
    No - don't worry there'll be a pic of the momentous occasion when I get it! Supposed to ship to me yesterday but heard nothing from Creed...... I'm still presuming I'll have them by the end of the week.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Sorry for the hassle Pat, but could I please ask if you could send out my split whenever you have the already ordered items ready to send - I'll put the Tom Ford (if it goes ahead) as the first item in my next order.

No hassle at all. I have everything ready except the TF Oud Wood; just need to pop you a payment request for the 5ml atomisers which came in. Just to note that it'll be Monday realistically before I get to the courier again and, presuming the Oud Wood goes ahead, it'll just be an extra week to wait to get that too - up to you, I'll go ahead with shipping the current lot unless you tell me otherwise.

• Advertisement

No hassle at all. I have everything ready except the TF Oud Wood; just need to pop you a payment request for the 5ml atomisers which came in. Just to note that it'll be Monday realistically before I get to the courier again and, presuming the Oud Wood goes ahead, it'll just be an extra week to wait to get that too - up to you, I'll go ahead with shipping the current lot unless you tell me otherwise.

Thanks Pat,
    Yes, please go ahead and ship when possible, without the Oud Wood.
    I'll send through payment for the atomisers just now.

Advertisement