Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just to note the following in stock juice is getting low on availability:
    Atelier Cologne - Poivre Electrique - just one 25ml slot left @ €39. Unlikely to be listed again for a good while.
    Tom Ford - Arabian Wood - three two one 50ml slot left @ €75 (€62.50 if ordered with another 50ml, or 2 x 25ml, splits). Will never be listed again - it's discontinued.

A reminder as well that the Creed - Spice & Wood split is still open. An ideal Autumn fragrance, it's a very classy, warm, scent. This is one of Creed's most expensive fragrances (US retail price = $545 for a 75ml bottle). There is 100 75ml available on the current split @ €72 / 25ml, or €130 / 50ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Pat, I never noticed you'd started a GIT split! You should definitely throw up a picture and/or description.

Lads, Green Irish Tweed is a brilliant scent. People inside the M50 mightn't get this analogy, but....
    A morning not unlike this morning.
    It's dark when you get up, and the first thing you do is turn on the heating.
    You potter around the house getting breakfasts and lunches ready.
    Then, just as it's getting bright, you go out to preheat the car for the kids.
    There's a touch of frost on the grass, and a clear blue sky overhead.
    You step outside and inhale.
    That feeling!
    It's not a smell per se. It's just a freshness and an awareness of nature. Something that makes you think "Christ, it's a lovely morning!".
    Green Irish Tweed manages to put a smell to that, as weird as it sounds. It smells green and fresh.
    If you youtube "best Creed fragrances" or "Green Irish Tweed", you'll see a lot/most reviewers would have it as their favourite Creed fragrance, even above Aventus!
    And if you're worried about a blind buy, I'd have every confidence you could throw it up on Adverts and get most (if not all) of your money back. I'll give you €30 for it anyway! ;)

Throw me down for another 50ml of GIT please Patrick.

Had to bold that part in case it got lost in my ramblings! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Pat any slots left for a 50ml x Aventus or GIT & 1 25ml x Tuscan Leather please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Just got my package from Pat again....was waiting for the Creed Spice & Wood and it did not disappoint... beautiful fragrance.
    All the bottles were wrapped like babys, no chance of a breakage... wonderful job as always....
    Thank you Pat

My spice and wood and other goodies still wrapped ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Soarer wrote: »
    Lads, Green Irish Tweed is a brilliant scent. People inside the M50 mightn't get this analogy, but....
    A morning not unlike this morning.
    It's dark when you get up, and the first thing you do is turn on the heating.
    You potter around the house getting breakfasts and lunches ready.
    Then, just as it's getting bright, you go out to preheat the car for the kids.
    There's a touch of frost on the grass, and a clear blue sky overhead.
    You step outside and inhale.
    That feeling!
    It's not a smell per se. It's just a freshness and an awareness of nature. Something that makes you think "Christ, it's a lovely morning!".
    Green Irish Tweed manages to put a smell to that, as weird as it sounds. It smells green and fresh.

Yep! Excellent description. I find there is a crisp freshness about GIT and I think I prefer it over Aventus.

How about you doing a similar review for Oud Wood... I'm thinking of that as one of a couple of purchases next.

Pat, stick Soarer in your Marketing dept... He has skills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Would have GIT over Aventus every day of the week myself.

Pat any slots left for a 50ml x Aventus or GIT & 1 25ml x Tuscan Leather please :)
    Not for Tuscan, but can put you on reserve list in case of non payers. Aventus (€62) and GIT (€70) yes: Aventus expected into stock soon-ish (ETA for splits later this month); GIT depends on how many sign up and how quick - if you take a slot, that's 3 of 5 gone - should hopefully complete by November (crystal ball prediction). Let me know if you want to go ahead. Payment arrangements would be Aventus plus shipping now; I'd hold your package for GIT and request payment for that when it's confirmed as happening.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Would have GIT over Aventus every day of the week myself.
    They're both great! Aventus is well......Aventus! It's awesome but perhaps a bit 'loud' for the office unless applied lightly; GIT on the other hand is perfect for work as it's a lighter scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Not for Tuscan, but can put you on reserve list in case of non payers. Aventus (€62) and GIT (€70) yes: Aventus expected into stock soon-ish (ETA for splits later this month); GIT depends on how many sign up and how quick - if you take a slot, that's 3 of 5 gone - should hopefully complete by November (crystal ball prediction). Let me know if you want to go ahead. Payment arrangements would be Aventus plus shipping now; I'd hold your package for GIT and request payment for that when it's confirmed as happening.

Perfect. Put me down for both GIT & Aventus. Send me paypal payment and you can ship both together ?

Dammer wrote: »
    Yep! Excellent description. I find there is a crisp freshness about GIT and I think I prefer it over Aventus.

How about you doing a similar review for Oud Wood... I'm thinking of that as one of a couple of purchases next.

Pat, stick Soarer in your Marketing dept... He has skills :D

Skills I don't have! Just sometimes things remind me of things. Some skills there!

Oud Wood is a strange one. It's seems to be fairly polarising. I think it's awesome. Others, not so much. Young handsome 25 year old chap next to me in the office thinks it's awesome and is down for a 50ml split after smelling mine.

It hasn't reminded me of anything so far. Will throw it on over the next few days and see does anything come to mind. I bet ye can't wait! :rolleyes:

All I know is I think it's an excellent scent. But that ain't worth the paper it's written on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Lomby

Hi Pat,

Thanks for my last package – great service!
    Can you put me down for Creed - Spice & Wood 25ml and GIT 50ml? Is there a list for Aventus for Her?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I'd say this thread is picking up steam after being posted in BA! Great idea

I'll take a 25ml Tuscan Leather and a 50ml Aventus please if still available.

Ordering Tuscan Leather blind, bit of a risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

Hi Pat,

I saw this on the BA thread and I like the idea.

I would like to put myself in for Aventus (€62) and GIT (€70), please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Hi Pat,

Can i order 50ml of the following...
    Creed-AVENTUS
    Tom Ford - Arabian Wood

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

Hi Pat, new to this so I'll take a punt on a 50ml of Aventus or 50ml of Green Irish Tweed

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Could I also take the Creed 'Aventus' in a 50ml. Just to get a feel for how this whole thing works.

Soarer wrote: »
    Skills I don't have! Just sometimes things remind me of things. Some skills there!.

In fairness, "bottled misogny" is perhaps the best fragrance review I've seen!

Lomby wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Thanks for my last package – great service!
    Can you put me down for Creed - Spice & Wood 25ml and GIT 50ml? Is there a list for Aventus for Her?

Cheers

Down for those. There's not an 'official' list for Aventus for Her yet as I haven't put it up, but can put you down if you like. Price would be €80 / 50ml (based on 250ml split), or €75 / 50ml if we manage to get ten people signed up (500ml split). (And yes, Creed do charge more for the female version!)

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    I'd say this thread is picking up steam after being posted in BA! Great idea

I'll take a 25ml Tuscan Leather and a 50ml Aventus please if still available.

Ordering Tuscan Leather blind, bit of a risk!

All full up on the Tuscan I'm afraid (unless we can organise 250ml of it to be split in the next two hours!). Put you down for Aventus; payment request shortly - delivery ETA late Oct.

as.eirinn wrote: »
    Hi Pat, new to this so I'll take a punt on a 50ml of Aventus or 50ml of Green Irish Tweed

Thank you.
    Have put you down for Aventus as you'll get that quicker.

Tilikum wrote: »
    Could I also take the Creed 'Aventus' in a 50ml. Just to get a feel for how this whole thing works.

Sure.

• Advertisement

Current GIT split filled; payment requests going out shortly. Another split now opened.

Current GIT split filled; payment requests going out shortly. Another split now opened.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Homer

Can you put me down for Aventus please! Many thanks Pat for this wonderful service :)

Homer wrote: »
    Can you put me down for Aventus please! Many thanks Pat for this wonderful service :)

Done. That's the current Aventus split filled; another one now open (already ordered)!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lomby

Down for those. There's not an 'official' list for Aventus for Her yet as I haven't put it up, but can put you down if you like. Price would be €80 / 50ml (based on 250ml split), or €75 / 50ml if we manage to get ten people signed up (500ml split). (And yes, Creed do charge more for the female version!)
    Cheers Pat. Yeah put me down for 50ml Aventus for Her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Now I may get flamed for this but I cant seem to like GIT!!

Whenever I use it it reminds me of toilet duck or similar, very sharp smell!

It always smells way too strong to the extent that on a couple of occasions I have tried to wash a bit of as it was very overpowering? Perhaps I am applying too much?

I have bought four frags from Pat and its the one I have used the least, the Aventus, S&W and Terre d'Hermes all getting a regular outing!!

Would be interested in your thoughts folks!!

Just to ass this is not a slight on Pats service which is stellar, the guy has done more for male procreation in the last six months than anything over the last 30 years, expect a baby boom next March in Ireland!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

frag420 wrote: »
    the guy has done more for male procreation in the last six months than anything over the last 30 years, expect a baby boom next March in Ireland!!

Should be Pat's signature :)

I'm kinda glad I'm firing blanks so!
    :D

It always smells way too strong to the extent that on a couple of occasions I have tried to wash a bit of as it was very overpowering? Perhaps I am applying too much?

Horses for courses, y'know? I don't like TF Oud Wood, many here swear by it. I love Atelier Poivre Electrique, others recoil from it!

I'd say few enough people dislike GIT - it's one that is generally regarded as 'safe' as it's quite discreet and inoffensive. I've rarely heard it described as overpowering, but if you don't like it, chances are you're more likely to smell it I'd say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I have bought four frags from Pat and its the one I have used the least, the Aventus, S&W and Terre d'Hermes all getting a regular outing!!

Would be interested in your thoughts folks!!

I love GIT, the only problem i have with it is the longevity. Compared to, say, the Bleu de Chanel and Terre d'Hermes I that I had anyway (amongst many others) or the Acier Aluminium I got from Pat - they last all day.

Advertisement