Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hi Pat, new to this biz so if there is any room I'd like the below

Creed: AVENTUS 50ml

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

I love GIT, the only problem i have with it is the longevity. Compared to, say, the Bleu de Chanel and Terre d'Hermes I that I had anyway (amongst many others) or the Acier Aluminium I got from Pat - they last all day.

That's where the little atomiser comes in. Give yourself a little top up during the day.

The Acier is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Could I put myself down for a 50ml Creed Aventus please!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr.Ed

Just got my first package from Pat, bottle was like Fort Knox trying to get into! packaging was A1, contact from Pat was A1 and price was A1 will definitely be a regular here!

Not all heroes wear capes and Pat definitely is one!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

Hi Pat

Could you put me down for 50 ml Creed Aventus

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

All latest requests noted and payment requests sent - if you haven't got one, PM me.

Soarer wrote: »
    The Acier is class.
    Looks like i can get another bottle of the Acier Aluminium (despite being discontinued)! Anyone interested @ €62 / 50ml?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

The Acier is class.

Looks like i can get another bottle of the Acier Aluminium (despite being discontinued)! Anyone interested @ €62 / 50ml?

If Soarer throws up a more Soarer-esque review, count me in.

edit: scratch that - just looked back - the Acier is Dannii Minogue.

If I can compare Acier and Sartorial to the Minogue sisters. Kylie is sweet (Sartorial) whereas Dannii's that little bit dirtier (Acier). They're both lovely, and everyone has their favourite. But nobody's gonna choose just one if they could have both!

I'll take 50ml of Dannii please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Techno Snob

Coming soon:
    Creed - Aventus for Her, Bois du Portugal and Royal Oud.
    Histoire de Parfums - Ambre Nuit 114.
    Maybe some more.

Full new lineup in November.

What is Ambre 114 like? I'm intrigued as I have 1725 & 1828 which both smell great. They've also got one that smells like a better version of Spicebomb. Can't remember which one it is off the top of my head.
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Would have GIT over Aventus every day of the week myself.

Likewise. I'd say I only wear Aventus once a month, if that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'll grab 50ml Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Pat, definitely interested if you're getting any more Tom Ford's men fragrances in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Well got both Spice and Wood and the new Viking from Pat today. Again, packaging top class so thanks for your hard work.

Spice and Wood is just a classic. Been a few years since I'd had a this and I won't be going so long without this potion again. The spice (peppery) is intense to begin with, but when it settles down you lose most of that and the wood comes through to mellow. It's what a man should smell like. Not for anyone under 30.

Viking. At first I was a bit underwhelmed. Wasn't sure what to expect as it was a blind purchase, but with Creed and the price, I was expecting something special. It's not spectacular, it lacks something a niche fragrance should have, but in saying that, it's really good. It's been on me for 3 hours now and I'm getting this sweet/floral mint and some smokey wood. Lots of mint. It's really nice. Sillage isn't going to be amazing so safe for the office.

It starts off very old school cologne, spice and citrus but it only lasts for 20 minutes. Longevity isn't going to be amazing either. All said, a very nice fragrance. Worth the money? Probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hi Pat,

Which would be your biggest seller so far?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    If Soarer throws up a more Soarer-esque review, count me in.

edit: scratch that - just looked back - the Acier is Dannii Minogue.

I'll take 50ml of Dannii please!

Don't forget "pure misogny bottled" as well (that was the Acier, yeah Soarer?). It's definitely an old school, Rat Pack, scent.
    dudeeile wrote: »
    I'll grab 50ml Pat.
    Refreshing the list of frags in the next week or so, and will add this (if I can still get it), but if anyone wants to just sign up now, go ahead (two so far, of five slots in a 250ml flacon).

Not to speak for Pat, but I'd say it's Aventus by a country mile.

As for Acier, it's a classic cologne with a slightly metallic tinge. Supposed to represent a knight in shining armour or something.
    Definitely high brow. Nice tight haircut, clean shaven, crisp shirt, Acier. Job done.
    Good strong, long lasting scent. I probably wouldn't wear it if I were a shrinking violet. Not that it's loud or brash. More to do with the air of confidence that it exudes.

It's just a classic, manly, great fragrance. I'd imagine Captain America wears it.

Edit: Yeah Pat. Pure misogyny in a bottle. And Rat Pack. That's a way more concise version of my tripe.

Pat, definitely interested if you're getting any more Tom Ford's men fragrances in!

You just missed the boat on quite a long run of Tommies! Picking up Tuscan Leather and Oud Wood Sunday. I have to keep flying abroad to hit the duty free to pick up the TFs! (impossible to get reduced otherwise).

I can still do them at a higher price, but will probably hold off until the next time I'm abroad (nothing booked yet).

Subscribe to this thread for updates!

What is Ambre 114 like? I'm intrigued as I have 1725 & 1828 which both smell great. .
    1725 is really good isn't it! Will be doing it in Spring. Haven't sniffed 1828. Just pulled out the Ambre 114 to confirm my earlier impressions - very like Amouage's Interlude, but lighter. Will likely do the 114 shortly, and Interlude in Winter.

Tilikum wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Which would be your biggest seller so far?
    As Soarer said, Aventus is in a league of its own! At the moment I - quite literally - can't get it in fast enough. Besides that, I've been surprised how well a few sold: Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil (most people were bowled over by this), Creed Spice & Wood (as it's so pricey - open split on this with just 75ml left to allocate), Terre d'Hermes Parfum (it's available widely, but I sold a lot of it anyway).

Slattsy wrote: »
    Viking. At first I was a bit underwhelmed. Wasn't sure what to expect as it was a blind purchase, but with Creed and the price, I was expecting something special. It's not spectacular, it lacks something a niche fragrance should have, but in saying that, it's really good. It's been on me for 3 hours now and I'm getting this sweet/floral mint and some smokey wood. Lots of mint. It's really nice. Sillage isn't going to be amazing so safe for the office.

It starts off very old school cologne, spice and citrus but it only lasts for 20 minutes. Longevity isn't going to be amazing either. All said, a very nice fragrance. Worth the money? Probably not.

I've given Viking a few wearings now and, in common with other reviews I've seen, find that it seems to smell and perform differently on different days! It doesn't have the brash, stand out, character of Aventus but is also more versatile than it - I could easily see it as a 'dumb reach', something you could wear anywhere, anytime. Is it worth the RRP? Well, is any Creed, TF, etc?! We wouldn't all be here if we thought they were!

Folks, I'm out of the country Friday to Sunday so may be delayed in responding to messages.

We'll keep an eye on the place while you're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭jvrk

Would like to be put down for the creed aventus and irish tweed please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Definitely high brow. Nice tight haircut, clean shaven, crisp shirt, Acier. Job done.

:(

FFS. 1 bottle of Acier for sale....

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

We'll keep an eye on the place while you're gone.

Haven't you some reviews to be writing... :D

:(

FFS. 1 bottle of Acier for sale....

Don't beat yourself up Frankie.

I'm the opposite of what I described above, and I still rock the sh!t out of the Acier.

It'll make you feel like the above though. Think Shallow Hal.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Down for those. There's not an 'official' list for Aventus for Her yet as I haven't put it up, but can put you down if you like. Price would be €80 / 50ml (based on 250ml split), or €75 / 50ml if we manage to get ten people signed up (500ml split). (And yes, Creed do charge more for the female version!)

Pat, can you put me down on the 'unofficial' list for Aventus for Her. Have been watching on in envy the last couple of months, had just missed out on the TF Portofino, I'm getting in on the act this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

1725 is really good isn't it! Will be doing it in Spring. Haven't sniffed 1828. Just pulled out the Ambre 114 to confirm my earlier impressions - very like Amouage's Interlude, but lighter. Will likely do the 114 shortly, and Interlude in Winter.

On the subject of Amouage, have you any plans on doing another split on Jubilation Pat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Are you the chap at the end with the tail??
    Don't beat yourself up Frankie.

I'm the opposite of what I described above, and I still rock the sh!t out of the Acier.

It'll make you feel like the above though. Think Shallow Hal.

frag420 wrote: »
    Are you the chap at the end with the tail??

TBH, I've never seen it.

I'd have a look of Jack Black about me, but rock the frags like I'm Chris Hemsworth!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lomby

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'll grab 50ml Pat.
    I'll grab 50ml of the Acier as well Pat. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

TBH, I've never seen it.

I'd have a look of Jack Black about me, but rock the frags like I'm Chris Hemsworth!

Feel fit as a fiddle with the frags on, but shaped like a cello. I hear that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Yep, I'm a fat bastard who smells good :D

Advertisement