Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Loving everything in the latest shipment Pat, thanks again.

Thanks for the sample of the Creed Virgin Island Water.
    If you're ever opening a split of it, count me in please.
    Would be a great one for work I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Techno Snob

1725 is really good isn't it! Will be doing it in Spring. Haven't sniffed 1828. Just pulled out the Ambre 114 to confirm my earlier impressions - very like Amouage's Interlude, but lighter. Will likely do the 114 shortly, and Interlude in Winter.

I've no idea what Interlude Man smells like either??? Might be interested in a split of that too. I'd never buy a full bottle of Amouage again after Jubilation. As nice as it is I find it difficult to wear occasion wise which I should've taken into account. I have a sample of Reflection Man too which I would recommend to anyone who likes Jean Paul Gautier - Le Male they smell somewhat similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Techno Snob

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Loving everything in the latest shipment Pat, thanks again.

I wouldn't wear it to work but it depends on where you work I suppose. It's another one I stupidly bought a full bottle of years ago on smell alone without considering how much use I could get out of it. Hot weather only in my opinion which we don't get much of here unfortunately. I wear it to bbqs, weddings, outdoor gigs etc. if the weather is decent. It's a good one for a holiday somewhere warm too. Very unisex also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I wouldn't wear it to work but it depends on where you work I suppose. It's another one I stupidly bought a full bottle of years ago on smell alone without considering how much use I could get out of it. Hot weather only in my opinion which we don't get much of here unfortunately. I wear it to bbqs, weddings, outdoor gigs etc. if the weather is decent. It's a good one for a holiday somewhere warm too. Very unisex also.

I'm not a great nose by any stretch, but I find it fresh and subtle enough that I'd be happy to wear it at work..

I don't really subscribe to your 'hot weather only' thesis though.
    There's a couple of the scents I got from Pat I wouldn't wear in hot weather (maybe the Poivre Electrique for example), but none, bar the Sel Marin, that I wouldn't wear whenever it took my fancy..

Very unisex also.

A lot of these niche fragrances seem to be.
    It doesn't bother me once they're nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hey Pat, can I grab some Aventus off you. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just to remind people I'm out of the country until tomorrow. Apologies if I haven't replied to PMs - will tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

I would like to get some aventus

Sent you pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Hi Padraig Mor,

Can I have the Arabian Wood, Creed Aventus, Creed Spice and Wood 25ml.
    Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Aventus and a Aventus for her please Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yera I'm not sure about all this hot weather/cold weather stuff.

If you like a fragrance, wear it. If you think it'll be too strong, apply less. If it'll be too faint, apply more. We don't really get extremes in temperature. Our winter is Canada's autumn.

I wore the Acier yesterday morning rugby training a load of under 10s. I'm fairly sure the Creed clan didn't envisage one of their finest fragrances being used in such a derogatory manner.
    But having a Pat means I can wear niche fragrances doing mundane tasks, just because I like the smell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Really happy with my stuff Pat , the Aventus is lovely . Thanks again

Now to start it again , can you put me down for a womens Aventus please whenever you are getting it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hey. Throw us down for the last 25ml
    Atelier Colgone - Poivre Electrique
    And id also like to try 10ml of
    Comme des Garcons - 2 Man:

+ 2 of the empty atomiser vials

Can you put aside until it's viable to combine in 1 package.
    Send on instructions whenever your back cheers.

JayReale wrote: »

On the subject of Amouage, have you any plans on doing another split on Jubilation Pat?

Will do it again no doubt - it's just too good not to! May be as late as next Autumn though with this 'seasonal' thing I have going at the moment. Unless there's enough interest to split 100ml now?

I've no idea what Interlude Man smells like either??? Might be interested in a split of that too. I'd never buy a full bottle of Amouage again after Jubilation. As nice as it is I find it difficult to wear occasion wise which I should've taken into account. I have a sample of Reflection Man too which I would recommend to anyone who likes Jean Paul Gautier - Le Male they smell somewhat similar.
    I love Jubilation but do acknowledge it's not an 'everyday' scent - suits special occasions well though. Interlude is heavier, denser and more sweet and 'herby'. Of course it's legendary for its unbridled strength, but it's a hugely complicated scent.
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    Will be doing Virgin Island Water next summer I'd say.

Hi Padraig Mor,

Can I have the Arabian Wood, Creed Aventus, Creed Spice and Wood 25ml.
    Many thanks!

Arabian all gone I'm afraid. Have put you down for Aventus - payment request coming your way. Spice and Wood yet to fill but getting close.

Creed Spice & Wood - just 50ml left on current split - any takers on perhaps Creed's best (and most expensive) scent? E72 / 25ml or E130 / 50ml.

OK, loads of messages replied to! If you asked me for something and I haven't emailed / PMed you (or thanked the post), let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Everything arrived in what can only be described as bomb-proof packaging! You must have a team of wrappers on the job, Pat.

Haven't gotten around to sampling everything yet, but I sprayed a little TF TV on my wrist and nearly wanted to tuck into taking a bite out of it :)

One question on the spare atomizers - what is the recommendation for transferring juice into these? Am I correct in thinking the 25ml/50ml bottle are not screw top? I didn't try too hard but the TF didn't seem to give when I tried to "unscrew" it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Irish Wolf wrote: »

One question on the spare atomizers - what is the recommendation for transferring juice into these? Am I correct in thinking the 25ml/50ml bottle are not screw top? I didn't try too hard but the TF didn't seem to give when I tried to "unscrew" it.

Did you try spraying it in?

Irish Wolf wrote: »

Just spray it in. No, generally only my 10ml bottles are screwcap. Others are crimped; the sprayer can be removed, but it's a pretty delicate operation.

If I could recommend getting a little plastic funnel for filling the atomisers.

They're only a few cent, and they make it far easier than trying to control the spray from the bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I'm just waiting for the first person to say....
    " Hey Pat!... Can I have 50ml of Aventus but will you put it in 25 of the 2ml atomisers for me, thanks"
    :D

Suicide! :)

They're 5ml atomisers btw. They're not tester size. Which is why the funnel is handy. A good 40 odd sprays needed to fill them.

The right idea to keep in the car though. Big bottle first thing in the morning, top up during the day.

Duh winning.

Soarer wrote: »

They're only a few cent, and they make it far easier than trying to control the spray from the bottle.

I have little trouble spraying straight in, but admittedly I have more practice than most!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

I have little trouble spraying straight in, but admittedly I have more practice than most!

Usually it's just the tip I get in, spray goes everywhere, but then again I don't have much practice

pollocks wrote: »
    Usually it's just the tip I get in, spray goes everywhere, but then again I don't have much practice

Are we still talking about fragrances?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Soarer wrote: »

And where does one find such a device?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Soarer wrote:
    Are we still talking about fragrances?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

Many thanks Pat for sending me the Viking. I've been using it for a week now.
    I really like it. TBH I reckon it's not too dissimilar to Aventus. Very nice, but I don't get much of a salty/marine kick from it.
    I have a nice little collection of frags now thanks to you :)

And where does one find such a device?

You can get them from loadsa places.

Deal Extreme have them @ 83c for 5.

T-Mart have them @ €2.62 for 10.

Amazon.co.uk have oodles from different sellers

Or you could go balls out and get a very fancy Tom Ford 10ml atomiser that comes with one!!!

Rocking Acier again today 'cause we're doing interviews in the office. Just want the newbies to know who the big dawg is! :D

Edit: @Pat. If there's any issue with linking to the funnels, I'll edit things post haste.

• Advertisement

Just ordered the following Creeds:
    Spice & Wood
    Aventus for Her
    Acier Aluminium.

These should be with me in a week or so, and splits ready to ship 23rd October. There is some availability as follows:
    Spice & Wood: 50ml left (€72 / 25ml, or €130 / 50ml).
    Aventus for Her: three 50ml slots left @ €75. (I can do personalised labels for this if people want).

Advertisement