Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Pat, just checking, I presume the 150ml left in the Royal Princess Oud split has taken into account the 'pre-orders' that myself and 1 or 2 other mentioned above?

Yes! Split the first bottle yesterday - nice stuff! Surprising amount of sediment in it though - more than Aventus!

All those orders noted.....will send payment requests as the various splits finish. Looks like another Royal Princess Oud could be a goer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Threw on the Royal Oud this morning since it was so bloody cold. Really quality smell, very long lasting but possibly similar to the Spice and Wood, i reckon it's a 'close' smell in that you wouldn't get a whiff unless you're close up. Delighted with it. Am I imagining a tobacco whiff off it, though? I note on fragrantica they don't list that as one of the notes on it, but I'm not that sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Threw on the Royal Oud this morning since it was so bloody cold. Really quality smell, very long lasting but possibly similar to the Spice and Wood, i reckon it's a 'close' smell in that you wouldn't get a whiff unless you're close up. Delighted with it. Am I imagining a tobacco whiff off it, though? I note on fragrantica they don't list that as one of the notes on it, but I'm not that sure.

It's not as spicy as Spice and Wood...it's a more subtle version of Ford's Oud Wood imo...not as in your face, I am a fan though

Erik Shin wrote: »
    It's not as spicy as Spice and Wood...it's a more subtle version of Ford's Oud Wood imo...not as in your face, I am a fan though

I think it's much nicer than Oud Wood - warmer.

• Advertisement

I think it's much nicer than Oud Wood - warmer.

I like both...the Oud Wood is a proper manly scent that screams out at you, Royal Oud is more mellow alright,... think of it as sipping mulled wine around the fireplace, while Oud Wood is the full on 12 pubs of Xmas experience

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Oud Wood wins hands down on the longevity and sillage. Like all the Tom Fords. Creed will always be the subtle one and most become a skin scent after an hour or so. Grand for the office.

But the Oud Wood is devine, more layers to it, it's very complex. Wore it too a wedding last weekend, nearly everyone commented on it.

But very subjective obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Slattsy wrote: »
    But the Oud Wood is devine, more layers to it, it's very complex.

Pat, is the Oud Wood available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

But the Oud Wood is devine, more layers to it, it's very complex. Wore it too a wedding last weekend, nearly everyone commented on it.

How many sprays did you put on?

And were the comments positive, or more 'wtf is that you're wearing?!'

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Interesting101

Got my first delivery (Aventus).

Quality service and price.

Will defo order again in the future.

Thanks Pat

• Advertisement

Don't really get a huge similarity myself but I guess they are kinda in the same 'space'. Not a huge fan of Royal Oud myself, but really like Spice & Wood.

Good and cold today so I broke out the Amouage Interlude - an incredible scent, justifiably legendary!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Good and cold today so I broke out the Amouage Interlude - an incredible scent, justifiably legendary!

What Amouage frags are you planning on splitting, Padraig?

Oud Wood wins hands down on the longevity and sillage. Like all the Tom Fords. Creed will always be the subtle one and most become a skin scent after an hour or so. Grand for the office.

Definitely - Oud Wood smells like celery to me - and I hate celery! It's just my nose though - somehow I doubt it actually smells like celery!

Peatys wrote: »
    Pat, is the Oud Wood available?

Not at the moment - I pick these up at the duty free, but after a busy travelling year, I have no foreign plans until next March, currently anyway.

Passenger wrote: »
    What Amouage frags are you planning on splitting, Padraig?

Interlude! And Bracken too, although that's definitely more in 'niche' territory....

Don't really get a huge similarity myself but I guess they are kinda in the same 'space'. Not a huge fan of Royal Oud myself, but really like Spice & Wood.

Not a similarity in the smell, just a similarity in that it doesn't project as much as, say, an Aventus. It's more for the wearer than for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Interlude! And Bracken too, although that's definitely more in 'niche' territory....

Someone mention bracken :O ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

Received my creed on Tuesday. Detail in the packaging not to mention the quality of the bottle and spray is fantastic. Will be back for more smells
    Vin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

I received my package this morning.

Brilliant packaging and products.

Thanks Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭OldRio

Thanks again Pat. Exceptional service as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Scubrick

I received my order this morning, packaging and bottles were all top notch. Loved all the fragrances so I'm very happy!

Will certainly order again in future, thanks Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭foxirl

Received my order this morning too. Will definitely be ordering again in the future. Great service Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Received mine to work, had a cheeky test of Aventus and received a lot of very favorable comments.

Cheers Pat.

Very impressed with package and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Got my package today, absolutely top class packaging and the parafilm made sure nothing leaked :)
    Thanks a lot Pat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Package arrived today .First off the packing was unbelievable the best i have seen from any retailer.
    Unless the courier drove over a landmine I couldnt see anyway damage could be caused.

Have 6 fragrances to test over the coming days .Tried the Diptyque and it is immense .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ping pong

Hi Pat,
    Please put me down for 50ml Creed Aventus for men

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭jag con

Hi got my order of Creed S&W today and the packaging is absolutely perfect. Many thanks Pat will be ordering again.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Package arrived today .First off the packing was unbelievable the best i have seen from any retailer.
    Unless the courier drove over a landmine I couldnt see anyway damage could be caused.

Have 6 fragrances to test over the coming days .Tried the Diptyque and it is immense .
    'Tis far from a retailer I am - I'm just.....me! I wore the Diptyque today actually - nice stuff.

ping pong wrote: »
    Hi Pat,
    Please put me down for 50ml Creed Aventus for men
    No problem. Payment request out in a week or so, delivery late Nov / early Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Received my order yesterday. Great service all round thanks very much.

• Advertisement

Just had a little look this morning, I've only been dealing with Pat since July and I've already bought 12 scents from him....my knees nearly wobbled when I was trying to make out the full bricks and mortar retail value of them..... I've said it before...but it's a brilliant, brilliant! service.

Oud Wood today....wimen saying yum ;)

Advertisement