Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

davr wrote: »
    Sounds like you want Memoir man if thats the case. Its a green foresty smell. Not sure if Pat has at the moment. Failing that other "green" frags i would consider are - TF Italian Cypress and even possibly Colonia club (the green bottle).

*cough*

Green Irish Tweed

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

I wouldn't think its worth splitting Nasomattos since they generally come in 30ml bottles (occasionally there are larger bottles but very seldom). There's no way to really reduce the cost per ml. Your best bet is perhaps a slightly used or partial bottle.

Yeah, but for example I want to try Baraonda on me first before I pull the trigger. Wearing Black Afgano at the moment but can't say 100% delighted with it. Splitting is the great solution for it I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Just Interlude left now - will put you down for 10ml. Aventus looking a bit shaky - I have a lot of stuff to get through over the next couple of weeks and want to make sure all current splits get out before Christmas. However you can pay for the Interlude now and I can hold shipping until Aventus comes up again in January - let me know if you're happy to do this.

No Nassomato I'm afraid - currently anyway; I'm not too familiar with them TBH.

Thank you, I'll PM you for your details.
    No Aventus this year anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Sounds like you want Memoir man if thats the case. Its a green foresty smell. Not sure if Pat has at the moment. Failing that other "green" frags i would consider are - TF Italian Cypress and even possibly Colonia club (the green bottle).

Did Memoir recently but all gone now.....it really does showcase the 'other side' of Amouage, away from the heavy incense and smoke.

bars wrote: »
    Yeah, but for example I want to try Baraonda on me first before I pull the trigger. Wearing Black Afgano at the moment but can't say 100% delighted with it. Splitting is the great solution for it I suppose.
    If you're in Dublin, you could try Parfumarija - they stock Nasamatto so may have it out to try.
    bars wrote: »
    Thank you, I'll PM you for your details.
    No Aventus this year anymore?
    We'll see. I want to concentrate on getting the current stuff out the door at the moment. There's also accounting reasons too - it may simply be easier from that end to not do any more than currently scheduled until the new year.

This evening's haul from the courier; I'm liking the Acqua di Parma packaging:

434223.jpg

Royal Princess Oud splits may be ~1ml short as it seems to have leaked slightly in transport. Like the last RPO bottle, it's also got loads of sediment.

• Advertisement

Hat tip to Soarer for this: fragrancesamplesuk.com have a Black Friday offer of 20% off at the moment if people want to sample upcoming splits in advance. Think you may need to use a UK forwarder.

Confirmed splits for first half of next year so far are: Histoires de Parfums 1725, Xerjoff Mefisto, Amouage Reflection - these have already been purchased.
    Likely splits from the Creed side would be Millesime Imperial / Virgin Island Water / Original Vetiver / Silver Mountain Water / Jardin d'Amalfi. Amouage Epic. Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire and French Lover. More TBC.

I'm going to have a sniff of some of these before I decide. This is a great service Pat. Hopefully I'll find one I like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 davr

Soarer wrote: »
    *cough*

Green Irish Tweed

Good suggestion and i'd agree that its a "green" smelling frag - the ones i recommended were darker (incensey/galbanum I suppose) rather than GIT which i consider more as a fresh scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hat tip to Soarer for this: fragrancesamplesuk.com have a Black Friday offer of 20% off at the moment if people want to sample upcoming splits in advance. Think you may need to use a UK forwarder.

Confirmed splits for first half of next year so far are: Histoires de Parfums 1725, Xerjoff Mefisto, Amouage Reflection - these have already been purchased.
    Likely splits from the Creed side would be Millesime Imperial / Virgin Island Water / Original Vetiver / Silver Mountain Water / Jardin d'Amalfi. Amouage Epic. Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire and French Lover. More TBC.

Yup, it's usually next day to Parcel Motel.

The guy that runs the place is greggieboy76 on YouTube. He has a good few reviews up, and if you drop him an email, he'll usually get back to you within an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

When I saw this post my first impression was excitement, then the reality kicked in and I thought of my poor oul wallet :(
    I gave up smoking years ago, I can control my gambling but I'm finding it hard not wanting to buy everything I see in this thread. I think I have an addiction!

Thanks for the heads up Pat, some really great stuff to look forward to in the new year. Right now I'm big on Creed so looking forward to the Silver Mountain and the Virgin Island Water. I will venture onto the Amouage too though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

"splits may be ~1ml short as it seems to have leaked slightly in transport. "

You could advise them on packaging security for a consultation fee Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

gerfmurphy wrote: »

1ml short? Shoddy work, not worth it then, grumble grumble etc.

In all seriousness, fair play to you Pat for even mentioning it - who'd miss/notice 1ml?! :pac:

gerfmurphy wrote: »

Nature of the beast with decanter bottles unfortunately - they have push in caps, not screw threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭supue

1ml short? Shoddy work, not worth it then, grumble grumble etc.

In all seriousness, fair play to you Pat for even mentioning it - who'd miss/notice 1ml?! :pac:

Surely you decant and measure them to keep him honest - he is from Cork after all

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LesIsMore

Cork,not Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Received my first delivery of Aventus from Pat yesterday. As everyone has said previously, the packaging is excellent. Bottle itself is really nicely labelled. Can't speak highly enough of the service. Thanks Pat and keep up the good work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

I can only echo the above, thanks Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Thanks Pat, everything arrived in immaculate condition yesterday. Looking forward to trying more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Hi Pat,

Not sure if you're taking orders for these yet but I'll take 50ml of the following whenever they're ready:

Amouage Reflection
    Creed Silver Mountain Water

Hi Pat,

Not sure if you're taking orders for these yet but I'll take 50ml of the following whenever they're ready:

Amouage Reflection
    Creed Silver Mountain Water

I'll hold off on orders for these until ~ late Jan I'd say! May do a few odd bits in Jan, and clear out anything sitting around, and then go for a spring selection end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

Hi pat

Received my juice yesterday and have to say I'm absolutely delighted with it... I just sprayed one shot and the wife is already loving it :)

I will take a chance on each of the below I'm in cork next week to collect if you have them ready

Creed – Bois du Portugal:
    Creed - Original Santal:

pm. wrote: »
    Hi pat

Received my juice yesterday and have to say I'm absolutely delighted with it... I just sprayed one shot and the wife is already loving it :)
    That's what we like to hear!

I will take a chance on each of the below I'm in cork next week to collect if you have them ready

Creed – Bois du Portugal:
    Creed - Original Santal:
    Won't have either I'm afraid - neither have enough signups yet for me to order. I can put your name down for them if you like, but it would be new year before they happen, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

That's what we like to hear!

Won't have either I'm afraid - neither have enough signups yet for me to order. I can put your name down for them if you like, but it would be new year before they happen, if at all.

Sound pat stick my name down. Do you have anything available for next week?

pm. wrote: »
    Sound pat stick my name down. Do you have anything available for next week?

Emailed you.

Empty flacons / decanters
    I have a load of empty Creed 500ml bottles - mostly Aventus, but also GIT and a few others (including a gold plated Spice & Wood IIRC). I'm reluctant to throw them out but I couldn't be arsed flogging them on eBay as shipping them wouldn't be worth the hassle. They're kinda taking over the house at this stage though so time for them to go! They make quite nice decorative items if that's your gig. If anyone fancies any they're welcome to them for free - but they must be collected in Cork - please don't ask me to ship them. Drop me a line if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I was in Cork last weekend and collected my latest package from Pat. The Interlude is an unreal frag and the bottle, box etc.
    I also got Fille en aiguilles as well.

Thanks for the items Pat and I'll be ordering more soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Any good high street deals recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭kg703

Hi,

I ordered from the first time from Pat there and got my stuff last week (maybe the week before, sorry) and got the male and female creed aventus - both completely the real deal, excellent value considering the cost of them on the high street. Thanks very much Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Pat.. my Ladies and Mens Creed arrived today.... well in time to go under the tree for Xmas!!!

bottle and packaging is top notch.

Had a quick try out of the men's... and very impressed!

Fair dues to you.... keep up the good work.

Hope to be back in 2018 to try a Tom Ford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

Can only echo the positive comments here Pat, got my first order a few weeks back and the packaging and scent is top notch.
    Looking forward to ordering again soon!

Advertisement