Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Feck it Pat, it's possibly my favourite, so I better grab one of the last lower priced GITs if possible, to add to the S&W already in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Anyone waiting for an email - it might be tomorrow as have a bit of 'real life' stuff to do today and tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tdireddi

How much is a bottle of creed aventus..? Do ya accept papal Pádraig..? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Tdireddi wrote: »

Now, I know we all love they guy for his splits... but promoting him to Pope is a bit much!

Tdireddi wrote: »

New price €77 / 50ml. Back in stock from next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hi Pat, if there is a ****ing Fabulous 25ml left , I'll take one please :)

Full details (description, price) of all fragrances are in the OP of this thread.

I have the following available in hand as of 27/7/2018:[/size]
    Montale - Aoud Leather: 3 x 10ml left.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: 175ml available.
    Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte EdC: 3 x 50ml left.
    Dior - Eau Sauvage EdT: 3 x 50ml left.
    80s Triple Pack: 5 x (3 x 10ml) left.

New list of fragrances for Autumn coming next week with Aventus back in stock, along with a few new Creeds and previously unlisted Amouages, Mancera, Acqua di Parma, Heeley, etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SolidCrown

Hello and good evening,
    Please kindly add me for Aventus...for when it's available.
    Many thanks.
    Sol.
    Full details (description, price) of all fragrances are in the OP of this thread.

I have the following available in hand as of 27/7/2018:[/size]
    Montale - Aoud Leather: 3 x 10ml left.
    Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte EdC: 3 x 50ml left.
    Dior - Eau Sauvage EdT: 3 x 50ml left.
    80s Triple Pack: 5 x (3 x 10ml) left.

New list of fragrances for Autumn coming next week with Aventus back in stock, along with a few new Creeds and previously unlisted Amouages, Mancera, Acqua di Parma, Heeley, etc!

SolidCrown wrote: »
    Hello and good evening,
    Please kindly add me for Aventus...for when it's available.
    Many thanks.
    Sol.

Available from...well...now! In stock, latest 18D02 batch. Will drop you a PM tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

Available from...well...now! In stock, latest 18D02 batch. Will drop you a PM tomorrow.

Hi pat, can you put me down for either aventus or GIT when available?...also, any recommendations for similar ,especially ones in 'strength' to GIT?, Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

would be interested in Tom Ford FF

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

as.eirinn wrote: »
    Hi pat, can you put me down for either aventus or GIT when available?...also, any recommendations for similar ,especially ones in 'strength' to GIT?, Many thanks.

Will put you down for Aventus so, as I won't have GIT in for a while? Re the other query, I'd recommend Creed's Bois du Portugal which I've just got in (@ €73/50ml) after many months of trying. I had expected something 'heavy' but it's actually relatively light (and I would say similar 'strength' to GIT) - very much a fresh, classic, fragrance; very versatile.

would be interested in Tom Ford FF

Will put you on the reserve list but, to be honest, I'd be surprised if it happened.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Will put you on the reserve list but, to be honest, I'd be surprised if it happened.:(

well thats FF..😇

am considering Colonia Leather instead..

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Thread update coming later tonight (hopefully) with new stuff for Autumn. Previous split participants will already have got an email; as well as the stuff on that I'll also be doing Louis Vuitton's new Au Hasard, plus the TF Oud Wood split has been brought forward - bottle already on the way.

Updated 3/08/18 :

As well as the new stuff below, I have the following available in hand as of 3/8/2018:
    Montale - Aoud Leather: 3 x 10ml left @ reduced price of €15.
    Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte EdC: 2 x 50ml left @ reduced price of €27.
    Dior - Eau Sauvage EdT: 3 x 50ml left @ reduced price of €35.
    80s Triple Pack: 5 x (3 x 10ml) left @ reduced price of €34.
    Questions on any of these? Just ask!

Note re Creed fragrances
    After a rough few months for availability, a lot of their stuff is now coming through in flacon form again – unfortunately with the expected price rises, which are not insignificant in some cases.
    Aventus is back in stock at €77 / 50ml. I'm also opening a split of Green Irish Tweed at the same price.

(For those looking for them, the Mancera and TF Oud Wood have sold out).
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**New: Autumn fragrances**

CREED
    457455.png

Bois du Portugal – *in hand*
    This is excellent - online chatter portrays this as a bit old school but that’s way wide of the mark. While it’s a ‘classic’ cologne, it is really well done – a lot lighter than its reputation may suggest, it’s actually a super versatile, pleasant scent – shades of some Acqua di Parma to my nose. Supposedly Frank Sinatra’s favourite scent, if you believe Creed’s marketing. RRP €180 / 50ml.
    €73 / 50ml.

.......................................................................................................................................

Royal Oud – *in hand*
    One of the most popular of Creed’s standard Millesime line, this is nominally unisex but definitely masculine leaning. The Oud plays a background role, making it an easier wear than many other scents featuring the wood – to the front we have cedar, pink pepper and a splash of lemon. Definitely refined and elegant. RRP €195 / 50ml.
    €70 / 50ml. Purchased before Creed’s prices went up – they subsequently flacons of this up to Aventus price, before lowering it again; I doubt that’ll last, especially as the spray bottles are now Aventus price.

.......................................................................................................................................

Viking – open split
    As the ‘difficult second album’ following Aventus, Viking was always going to get a rough ride – and so it proved. Now approaching a year on release, the dust has settled and the tide has turned – Viking is now getting a LOT of praise, and I have got excellent feedback from buyers. It’s perhaps easy to see why it was initially criticised – it doesn’t have a burst of immediate, distinct, playfulness like Aventus, but it’s proving its worth as a very versatile, gently spiced fragrance that exudes quality. Definitely a tad more mature than Aventus, it’s more suited to a 30+ age group. RRP €210 / 50ml.
    €79 / 50ml.

Aventus for Her (women) – open split
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. RRP €160 / 30ml.
    €90 / 50ml. Open split, but likely to be ordered soon.

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie (women) – open split
    A heady, resinous, woody jasmine, with buttery vanilla and a base of ambergris. RRP €220 / 75ml.
    €46.50 / 25ml, or €80 / 50ml.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ACQUA DI PARMA
    457456.png

Colonia Mirra – **in hand**
    One of the highest rated fragrances from AdiP’s premium Ingredient line, this is very much Amouage territory to my nose. Mixing amber and sweet myrrh with a touch of spice, this is seriously classy stuff – not overly formal, but not especially casual either. Good performer, with lasting longevity. RRP ~€145/ 60ml.
    €45 / 30ml. Three bottles left; won't be repeated.

Colonia Leather– **in hand**
    Wow, this is good! As the name suggests, this is all about the leather. Here, it’s very much a firm, dry leather, without the sweetness and ‘dirt’ of Tuscan Leather. How does it stack up against the Tom Ford? User reviews on Fragrantica put the AdiP ahead, and its reviews are ecstatic. Whatever your view of the TF, there is no doubt Colonia Leather is an exceptionally well blended fragrance which more than holds its own. I won’t be doing Tuscan Leather for a while yet – if you’re after that, you could do worse than try this. RRP ~€145/ 60ml.
    €49.50 / 30ml. Only one bottle left; won't be repeated.

AMOUAGE
    457457.png

It’s Amouage overload! All of these are in hand, or on the way to me. One bottle of each.

Price €26 / 10ml, or €62 / 30ml.

EPIC (only 10ml left)
    Arguably Amouage’s most popular fragrance behind Jubilation XXV and Interlude, this also is an intricate, dense scent of exceptional quality. Featuring oud, incense, myrrh and pepper (among many others), this is a pretty serious scent aimed more at night use.

MYTHS
    Vague similarities to Interlude, but with more ash and leather. The opening 15 minutes or so are challenging, but it then dries down very nicely.

HONOUR
    Somewhat more versatile than some other Amouages, this is a bit lighter and focusses more on pepper and spice than oud and myrrh. Very dry.

MEMOIR
    I split a few bottles of this last year as there was so much interest. Again, a lighter Amouage, but much more ‘green’ than the above – like a contemplative walk through a forest while supping on some absinthe.

FIGMENT
    “A despicable, dirty protest of a fragrance” – Fragrantica user. This is seriously 'arthouse' territory. Figment divides opinions like few others – some find its very existence offensive, others adore it. Dank earth seems to be the most frequent descriptor, along with mould, lemon and even death. Yet I've seen several reports of it smelling much 'nicer' to those around the wearer, rather than the wearer themselves. This is the polar opposite of a safe blind buy – don’t say you weren’t warned!!! Longevity and sillage are reported to be nuclear strength. Dare you try it?

RRP for all approx. €235 / 50ml.

HEELEY / LOUIS VUITTON
    457458.jpg

HEELEY - Esprit du Tigre **on the way**
    Inspired by Tiger Balm, the popular joint rub. Featuring camphor, mint, clove and spices, the resemblance to Tiger Balm is apparent, but this is softer, smoother and more wearable. Good for a blocked nose too supposedly!
    €20.50 / 10ml. Last 10ml left.

LOUIS VUITTON - Au Hasard **open split**
    The standout release from Vuitton's first foray into men's fragrances, this is "An olfactory UFO based on sandalwood ventures toward the unknown", or so LV say.
    €25.50 / 10ml, €70 / 30ml, or €112.50 / 50ml. 50ml portion gets the original 100ml bottle and box. If there is significant interest, we can go with a 200ml bottle instead - prices will be cheaper, but split volumes would likely be 25ml and 50ml.

Other splits

CREED
    457459.jpg

Aventus **in hand**
    The legend is back!
    €77 / 50ml. Only two bottles left in current split.

Aventus 100ml retail bottles (original, boxed) also available at €189.50. Brown Thomas price: €285.

GREEN IRISH TWEED **open split**
    Should be back in stock soon.
    €77 / 50ml.

ACIER ALUMINIUM **in hand**
    Creed's very first masculine scent, dating back to the 70s. Now discontinued, but I've sourced a bottle. Old school, but not in a dry, barbershop, way; quite soapy but also a bit sweet and fruity - if this was a movie, it'd be Boogie Nights. 'Only' an Eau de Toilette but actually quite powerful - go easy on the trigger.
    €36.50 / 25ml or €58.50 / 50ml. 175ml left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Put me down for Colonia Mirra 30ml and LOUIS VUITTON - Au Hasard 30ml.
    PM with details when splits have been decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Padraig, just wondering what batch the Aventus is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

mcgucc22 wrote: »

18D02 batch, it's a few posts back.

That's all bullsh1t - the batch talk.

12000 posts of not alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Kuva wrote:
    That's all bullsh1t - the batch talk.

Kuva wrote:
    18D02 batch, it's a few posts back.

Nice one, must have missed that post.
    Yeah I always thought that the different batches was a load of rubbish, but I remember the first bottle of aventus I got a couple of years ago, people were constantly asking me what I was wearing and the scent seemed to stay with me for a good few hours, I bought a bottle this year from Brown Thomas again and I couldn't even smell the scent after an hour or so.

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »
    Put me down for Colonia Mirra 30ml and LOUIS VUITTON - Au Hasard 30ml.
    PM with details when splits have been decided.

OK cool. Will PM you payment request for the AdP now, and we'll hold off for the Vuitton which, provisionally, looks like it will happen.

As Kuva says, currently 18D02. Will be getting another flacon shortly but can't confirm batch until I receive it - but you can generally presume I'll have the latest batch.
    Nice one, must have missed that post.
    Yeah I always thought that the different batches was a load of rubbish, but I remember the first bottle of aventus I got a couple of years ago, people were constantly asking me what I was wearing and the scent seemed to stay with me for a good few hours, I bought a bottle this year from Brown Thomas again and I couldn't even smell the scent after an hour or so.
    I agree with Kuva. I smell a hell of a lot more Aventus than most and it all seems the same to me! I don't claim to have a particularly sophisticated nose though! I think it's undeniable that there was batch variation in the early years, but since ~2015 it seems to have settled and I take all the current batch talk with a big dose of salt - emperor's new clothes territory as far as I'm concerned. On that Basenotes thread, EVERY batch eventually gets described as the BEST EVER - usually when it's out of production. As to the smell not lasting; it's been discussed at length here and Basenotes and the weight of evidence suggests that the 'modern' formulation is very prone to making people 'nose blind' whereby they can't smell it on themselves, but those around them can. I've come across it personally myself - people who thought the Aventus was 'gone' but who were still positively reeking!

edit: I definitely get batch variation with Viking though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I can't smell aventus on me after an hour.
    However if I put on the jumper a few days later that I was wearing that day it's covered in it.
    I'm a classy man, wearing a hoody and some aventus about town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I still find the nose blindness gas Padraig. After the initial burst I generally can't smell Aventus or Spice and Wood on me but Green Irish Tweed seems to hit me heavy very often for hours after spraying. Having said that Aventus and Spice and Wood will linger on my clothes for days so there's definitely strength there.

Testament1 wrote: »
    I still find the nose blindness gas Padraig. After the initial burst I generally can't smell Aventus or Spice and Wood on me but Green Irish Tweed seems to hit me heavy very often for hours after spraying. Having said that Aventus and Spice and Wood will linger on my clothes for days so there's definitely strength there.

It's obviously a 'base' common to some of their line. Apparently it's not as obvious if you spray away from your head (i.e. keep it to the chest etc), and spray less!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Put me down for 50ml Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie please Pat

Few updates re the newer stuff etc.....

Louis Vuitton - Au Hasard: split is on, just 10ml left to allocate; payment requests out tomorrow.
    Aventus: current flacon sold out; new flacon ordered and on the way so plenty for all!
    Aventus for Her: new flacon ordered and on the way; one 50ml slot left.
    Atelier Cologne - Bergamote Soleil: the back of the cupboard turned up a 25ml bottle of this awesomely juicy lemon / bergamot scent. The feedback I had on this previously was excellent; it's also completely unisex. Just one bottle @ €30.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Leather: one bottle left.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Mirra: two bottles left.
    Heeley - Esprit du Tigre: only 10ml left.
    Amouage: Epic sold out, but some left of the others; 4 x 10ml packs still available (Memoir, Myths, Figment, Honour).

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Put me down for 50ml Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie please Pat

Will do. I'd have me doubts though whether it'll happen! (Someone asked re it ages ago - I think it was you?).

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Few updates re the newer stuff etc.....

Louis Vuitton - Au Hasard: split is on, just 10ml left to allocate; payment requests out tomorrow.
    Aventus: current flacon sold out; new flacon ordered and on the way so plenty for all!
    Aventus for Her: new flacon ordered and on the way; one 50ml slot left.
    Atelier Cologne - Bergamote Soleil: the back of the cupboard turned up a 25ml bottle of this awesomely juicy lemon / bergamot scent. The feedback I had on this previously was excellent; it's also completely unisex. Just one bottle @ €30.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Leather: one bottle left.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Mirra: two bottles left.
    Heeley - Esprit du Tigre: only 10ml left.
    Amouage: Epic sold out, but some left of the others; 4 x 10ml packs still available (Memoir, Myths, Figment, Honour).

Hey Pat,
    Throw that 10ml of Au Hasard into my current order please!
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Will do. I'd have me doubts though whether it'll happen! (Someone asked re it ages ago - I think it was you?).

Yeah it was me alright

Hopefully some more lads/ladies will come on board as it gets really good reviews

Advertisement