Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Looks like i missed the boat but if i could be put on the reserve team for Louis Vuitton - Au Hasard: that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

any Creed Aventus left?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Looks like i missed the boat but if i could be put on the reserve team for Louis Vuitton - Au Hasard: that would be great!
    Sure.

any Creed Aventus left?
    New stock due by early next week, for delivery from the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Pat put me down for both acqua di Parmas and the bergamote Soleil please

Pat put me down for both acqua di Parmas and the bergamote Soleil please

That Bergamote Soleil is gone I'm afraid, but you're good for the AdPs - that's the AdP Leather sold out; one bottle left of AdP Mirra.

• Advertisement

SolidCrown: no response to repeated payment requests; no allocation in future splits.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

SolidCrown: no response to repeated payment requests; no allocation in future splits.

Did i make the LV team so?

Did i make the LV team so?

'Fraid not, they were done for Aventus only!

457938.jpg

Bit of work to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Nice. Figment is top alright...you're right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sassy2018

Dior - Eau Sauvage please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gavek123

Pat,
    Do you have Aventus available??
    Will purchase 50ml asap if so.
    Let me know
    Thanks
    Gav

Gavek123 wrote: »
    Pat,
    Do you have Aventus available??
    Will purchase 50ml asap if so.
    Let me know
    Thanks
    Gav

Due in next week, for deliveries from the 20th. Will PM you details.

Pat

Just throwing it out there, but is there any interest in a shnakey Tom Ford - Vanille Fatale split (250ml)? Price would be ~€96 / 50ml, or €55 / 25ml (RRP €188 / 50ml). This one is, rather obviously, all about the vanilla - I've seen comparisons to Tobacco Vanille without the pungent tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I'd be interested in 50ml alright.

Also interested in the Mirra too if its still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is it a bit girly without the tobacco?

I'd be interested in 50ml alright.

Also interested in the Mirra too if its still available?
    Have one Mirra left. We'll give it a day or so to see how the Vanilla Fatale is looking, and then you can make a call on the Mirra
    Soarer wrote: »
    Haven't smelt it but general reaction I see tends to push it as unisex. Definitely 'softer' than the TV though - less cloying too apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Soarer wrote: »

It is rather sweet isn't it, a bit like Tuscan leather - though they do hold a place in a collection as they different from the usual.

Amouage: a closer look
    Founded in 1983 by Price Sayyid Hamad bin Hamoud al bu Said in Muscat, Oman, Amouage's goal is no less than to produce some of the world's great perfumery. Perhaps best known for its Middle Eastern - inspired incense'n'myrrh behemoths, Amouage's range is actually surprisingly diverse. Let's take a quick look at the four I have currently available.

Honour
    458326.jpg
    Towards the lighter end of Amouage's offerings is Honour. To me, its opening bears quite a resemblance to Reflection, being quite peppery. However, this soon dries down to something rather less dry than Reflection - Honour becomes relatively (but not overly) sweet, featuring a tinge of - to my nose - honey.

Memoir
    458327.jpg
    Again, a lighter Amouage, but far removed from Honour. This is quite a leafy green, but not with the bright, almost exclamatory, freshness of Beach Hut - here the greenness is rather more subdued, a bit darker, even contemplative. A little boozy too - I'm going with absinthe, if only because the fragrance itself actually looks like the 'Green Fairy'.

Myths
    458328.jpg
    Closer to 'classic' Amouage territory here, this is dense and its secrets take some effort to decipher. Many will find the opening challenging, but after the first 30 mins or so, this pushes towards perhaps Interlude with added ash and leather. I think this is one which will reward repeated wearing.

Figment
    458329.jpg
    The Fragrantica reviews of this are a hoot - split pretty much evenly between "I love it" and "I really, really hate it". Well, I've been road testing it so you don't have to! Let's get this out of the way: this is not your run of the mill fragrance, and doesn't smell 'good' in any conventional way. However, I think I may actually like it! The most frequent description I see online is 'earthy', and this is spot on - it smells of soil but in a fresh rather than dank way. Little touch of lemon and green too. However, an appreciation for it relies on one very important parameter: DO NOT OVERSPRAY! Cover yourself in this (or even use more than two sprays), or spray on your wrist and keep sniffing and you'll likely hate it. My suggestion: one spray, small of the back - this has you almost smelling your own sillage, and it may be a lot more pleasant than you expect!

Prices for all: €26 / 10ml, or €62 / 30ml (against an RRP of ~€235 / 50ml). Special offer: buy 10ml of all four for €95. 40ml left of Honour, Memoir and Myths; 50ml of Figment. All in hand, available for delivery next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ah go on you've twisted my arm, stick me down for 10ml of Memoir.

• Advertisement

OK, doesn't seem to be too much interest in Vanilla Fatale so let's can that split.....

Have something else for you guys though, and this is actually in hand, ready to go - one bottle only!

M. Micallef - Avant Garde
    458442.jpg
    Tobacco is the mostly commonly cited reference here, but it's sweetened (but not to the level of, say, TF Tobacco Vanaille) with tonka and cacao. Gets good reviews - I've seen comparisons drawn with Parfums de Marly's Herod, but haven't actually smelled that so can't confirm.

€18 / €41 / €56 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in the (very nice) original 100ml bottle and box. RRP €95 / 30ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Collected a few orders recently there from Pat.
    Again, can’t speak highly enough of both him, and the service he’s providing!

Creed Spice and Wood : Pure class in a bottle. Expensive, but so worth it.
    Creed Royal Oud : Took a blind punt on this, and it’s gone straight to the top of my favorites list.
    Amouage Epic : Typical Amouage - big spicy oriental woody smell.
    Tom Ford F*cking Fabulous : Very creamy smell similar to Eau De Soleil Blanc with a hint of aniseed/liquorice to it. Possibly unisex. It’s good, but the title might be a slight over exaggeration!

Sassy2018 - no response to repeated contacts, no allocation in future splits.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Parkman77 wrote: »
    Creed Spice and Wood : Pure class in a bottle. Expensive, but so worth it.
    Creed Royal Oud : Took a blind punt on this, and it’s gone straight to the top of my favorites list.

have to agree with this

both are lovely

Cyrus wrote: »
    have to agree with this

both are lovely

Spice & Wood is the king as far as I'm concerned! Royal Oud isn't something I'm hugely gone on myself, but that's just personal preference - there's no doubting its class (I think it actually manages to be both classy and hip at once), and I think I'm the only person I know who's not bowled over by it! Think I have two or three bottles left....

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭mrm

Received three fragrances in my last order from Pat - Bergamote Soleil, Epic Man and Au Hasard. As always service and packaging by Pat was top class.

The Bergamote Soleil I had been requesting from Pat for a while, including asking him by PM if any extra was hiding at the back of his collection:) It has a really sharp opening but dries down to a smooth balanced citrus fragrance - though its a bit of a synthetic detergent type frag on the OH's skin. Decent longevity.

Epic Man - I would question both of the words used in this title. Dries to a weak skin fragrance on me too soon with little projection beyond a skin smell from the outset. It is a quality fragrance, quite nice though weak but just too feminine to my nose, nothing like Interlude atall. OH likes it enough to wear it.

The Au Hasard....Oh lordy. What a classy manly fragrance! It is in the same vein as Tom Fords Grey Vetiver/ Guerlain Vetiver/ Dior Eau Sauvage but with an even deeper quality aroma. It is quite linear, drying down quite early to a note that is persistent....it just holds and holds, like you have applied it only a half hour ago at all times....forever. Longevity example - a spray to the inside of each elbow on Friday morning before work, Saturday morning HIIT session indoors with plenty of sweat x3 followed by a shower.....And I can still smell it as a skin smell as I write this early Sunday morning - it has outlived my Saturdays fragrance sprays! (None on the elbows). If Steve McQueen was alive today he would have binned Eau Sauvage and would be rocking this instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Where do people normally spray their frags ? I go with a couple of sprays at the base of my throat but what’s this inside of the elbows thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭mrm

Cyrus, there is loads of info online about where to spray fragrance, but there is no point in linking any one as they often contradict each other. Basically the heat spots (driven by high blood flow) - wrists, base of neck front and back, chest area, inner elbows. Also areas like inner elbow creases contain heat and generate sweat (when folded together), both which accentuate projection and longevity of a fragrance....apparently.

It can depend on the fragrance. I would never spray Tobacco Vanille at the base of my throat as the rising fragrance would be in my face and TV is tooooo cloying (beautiful but thick and strong). The Au Hasard was during my first days getting used to it, so inner elbows is rather safe in an office environment as you can roll down the shirt sleeves if it appears too strong or repeatedly jab your exposed arm under the nose of a colleague you wish to impress by showing them some of your mock karate moves up close;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

30ml of Figment please Pat, when I get a chance I'll look over some of your other offerings and probably add to it.

• Advertisement

mrm wrote: »
    Epic Man - I would question both of the words used in this title. Dries to a weak skin fragrance on me too soon with little projection beyond a skin smell from the outset. It is a quality fragrance, quite nice though weak but just too feminine to my nose, nothing like Interlude atall. OH likes it enough to wear it.

The Au Hasard....Oh lordy. What a classy manly fragrance! It is in the same vein as Tom Fords Grey Vetiver/ Guerlain Vetiver/ Dior Eau Sauvage but with an even deeper quality aroma. It is quite linear, drying down quite early to a note that is persistent....it just holds and holds, like you have applied it only a half hour ago at all times....forever. Longevity example - a spray to the inside of each elbow on Friday morning before work, Saturday morning HIIT session indoors with plenty of sweat x3 followed by a shower.....And I can still smell it as a skin smell as I write this early Sunday morning - it has outlived my Saturdays fragrance sprays! (None on the elbows). If Steve McQueen was alive today he would have binned Eau Sauvage and would be rocking this instead.
    Surprised to hear that about the Epic TBH as if there's one thing people don't criticise Amouage for generally, it's longevity! Just goes to show that, as widely reported, different frags can perform differently on different people - skin chemistry etc. Personally, I think it's possible different people are just naturally more 'attuned' to different categories of scent molecule - e.g. while I had no complaints about the Au Hasard longevity, I didn't get anything like yours! Along with this, I wouldn't be surprised if heavy smokers perceive some frags differently, purely because they're inhaling strong aromas so frequently.

On Au Hasard, I nearly wanted to not like it, but it is really, really good! I also got samples of Orage (which I think is reasonably similar to Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte, but a lot more expensive) and Ombre Nomade - this seems to be the pick of the range by 'frag heads' but I'm not overly gone on it myself - it's somewhat similar to the amber / wood of Amouage's Opus VI - heavy stuff - but with added rose (to my nose anyway), and I'm not a rose fan at all in male frags.
    Cyrus wrote: »
    Where do people normally spray their frags ? I go with a couple of sprays at the base of my throat but what’s this inside of the elbows thing ?
    I'd definitely avoid spraying so near to your nose as it's a short cut to anosmia / nose blindness (y'know the way you can't 'hear' white noise after a while? Like that, but for smells). Generally I go with three - one to the wrists, one chest, one back of neck. Usually get intermittent 'wafts' of it throughout the day that way. Varies though - some Amouage and the like I might only use one on the chest, lighter citruses etc I might lash it on!

Advertisement