Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hi Pat,

Before I headed off for work overseas I received my TF FF.
    Package as always is impeccably secured.

The fragrance is probably held in loftier esteem due to its name.

Have to say I love it. The creaminess sets the groundwork and the aniseed whips your attention. I like it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Updated 21/08/18 :

I have the following available in hand as of 21/8/2018:
    Montale - Aoud Leather: Last one left @ €19.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: 125ml available.
    Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte EdC: 2 x 50ml left Last one! @ reduced price of €27.
    Dior - Eau Sauvage EdT: Last 50ml left @ reduced price of €35.
    80s Powerhouses Triple Pack: 4 x (3 x 10ml each Drakkoir Noir, Bogart One Man Show & Caron Yatagan) left @ reduced price of €34.
    Tom Ford - Black Orchid eau de parfum: Last 10ml left @ €20.
    Questions on any of these? Just ask!

Creed - Spice & Wood: Last 25ml left @ €65 - this is a very cheap price for this top end Creed, unlikely to be seen again!
    Creed - Bois du Portugal: Two x 50ml left. Last one!
    Creed - Royal Oud: Two 50ml left. Last one!
    Creed - Aventus: Four two x 50ml left.
    Amouage - Myths: Four x 10ml left.
    Amouage - Honour: Last 30ml bottle left.
    Amouage - Memoir: Two x 10ml left.
    Amouage - Figment: Two x 10ml left.
    Heeley - Esprit du Tigre: Last 10ml left.
    M. Micallef - Avant Garde: 90ml left.

Coming soon: Creed Viking, Green Irish Tweed & Aventus for Her.

Last call: Creed Jasmin Eugenie Imperatrice - if you're interested in this, get your name down sharpish
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**Autumn fragrances**

CREED
    457455.png

Bois du Portugal – *in hand*
    This is excellent - online chatter portrays this as a bit old school but that’s way wide of the mark. While it’s a ‘classic’ cologne, it is really well done – a lot lighter than its reputation may suggest, it’s actually a super versatile, pleasant scent – shades of some Acqua di Parma to my nose. Supposedly Frank Sinatra’s favourite scent, if you believe Creed’s marketing. RRP €180 / 50ml.
    €73 / 50ml. Last two left. Last one!

.......................................................................................................................................

Royal Oud – *in hand*
    One of the most popular of Creed’s standard Millesime line, this is nominally unisex but definitely masculine leaning. The Oud plays a background role, making it an easier wear than many other scents featuring the wood – to the front we have cedar, pink pepper and a splash of lemon. Definitely refined and elegant. RRP €195 / 50ml.
    €70 / 50ml. Last two left - cheaper 'old' price! Last one!

.......................................................................................................................................

Viking – open split
    As the ‘difficult second album’ following Aventus, Viking was always going to get a rough ride – and so it proved. Now approaching a year on release, the dust has settled and the tide has turned – Viking is now getting a LOT of praise, and I have got excellent feedback from buyers. It’s perhaps easy to see why it was initially criticised – it doesn’t have a burst of immediate, distinct, playfulness like Aventus, but it’s proving its worth as a very versatile, gently spiced fragrance that exudes quality. Definitely a tad more mature than Aventus, it’s more suited to a 30+ age group. RRP €210 / 50ml.
    €79 / 50ml. Seven Six slots left. Hoping to order this fairly soon.

Aventus for Her (women) – open split
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. RRP €160 / 30ml.
    €90 / 50ml. Five slots left.

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie (women) – open split
    A heady, resinous, woody jasmine, with buttery vanilla and a base of ambergris. RRP €220 / 75ml.
    €46.50 / 25ml, or €80 / 50ml. Last chance - 200ml left to allocate.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMOUAGE
    457457.png

It’s Amouage overload! All of these are in hand.

MYTHS
    Close to 'classic' Amouage territory here, this is dense and its secrets take some effort to decipher. Many will find the opening challenging, but after the first 30 mins or so, this pushes towards perhaps Interlude with added ash and leather. I think this is one which will reward repeated wearing. Four 10ml bottles left.

HONOUR
    Towards the lighter end of Amouage's offerings is Honour. To me, its opening bears quite a resemblance to Reflection, being quite peppery. However, this soon dries down to something rather less dry than Reflection - Honour becomes relatively (but not overly) sweet, featuring a tinge of - to my nose - honey. One 30ml bottle left. All gone.

MEMOIR
    Again, a lighter Amouage, but far removed from Honour. This is quite a leafy green, but not with the bright, almost exclamatory, freshness of Beach Hut - here the greenness is rather more subdued, a bit darker, even contemplative. A little boozy too - I'm going with absinthe, if only because the fragrance itself actually looks like the 'Green Fairy'. Two 10ml bottles left.

FIGMENT
    Let's get this out of the way: this is not your run of the mill fragrance, and doesn't smell 'good' in any conventional way. However, I think I may actually like it! The most frequent description I see online is 'earthy', and this is spot on - it smells of soil but in a fresh rather than dank way. Little touch of lemon and green too. However, an appreciation for it relies on one very important parameter: DO NOT OVERSPRAY! Cover yourself in this (or even use more than two sprays), or spray on your wrist and keep sniffing and you'll likely hate it. My suggestion: one spray, small of the back - this has you almost smelling your own sillage, and it may be a lot more pleasant than you expect!

Prices for all: €26 / 10ml (against an RRP of ~€235 / 50ml).

HEELEY
    458995.jpg

HEELEY - Esprit du Tigre **in hand**
    Inspired by Tiger Balm, the popular joint rub. Featuring camphor, mint, clove and spices, the resemblance to Tiger Balm is apparent, but this is softer, smoother and more wearable. Good for a blocked nose too supposedly!
    €20.50 / 10ml. Last 10ml left.

M. MICALLEF
    458442.jpg

Avant Garde **in hand**
    Tobacco is the mostly commonly cited reference here, but it's sweetened (but not to the level of, say, TF Tobacco Vanaille) with tonka and cacao. Gets good reviews - I've seen comparisons drawn with Parfums de Marly's Herod, but haven't actually smelled that so can't confirm.
    €18 / €41 / €56 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in (very nice) original 100ml bottle and box. RRP €95 / 30ml. 90ml left.

Other splits

CREED
    457459.jpg

Aventus **in hand**
    The legend is back!
    €77 / 50ml. Four two bottles left.

Aventus 100ml retail bottles (original, boxed) also available at €189.50. Irish retail price: €285.

GREEN IRISH TWEED **open split**
    Should be back in hand soon.
    €77 / 50ml. Eight slots left.

ACIER ALUMINIUM **in hand**
    Creed's very first masculine scent, dating back to the 70s. Now discontinued, but I've sourced a bottle. Old school, but not in a dry, barbershop, way; quite soapy but also a bit sweet and fruity - if this was a movie, it'd be Boogie Nights. 'Only' an Eau de Toilette but actually quite powerful - go easy on the trigger.
    €36.50 / 25ml or €58.50 / 50ml. 125ml left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'll take the Spice and Wood please Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Pat, can I get two bottles of the mens  Aventus Creed please?
    I'll take the Tom Ford Black orchid as well.
    Thanks,
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

You can add to my order Pat, Hermes Eau d'Orange and Amouage Honour, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Got another package from Pat today. The same high standard as usual with the packaging :)

The Amouage memoir bottle and box are pure luxury & the fragrance is top notch as well

Thsnks Pat :)

Got another package from Pat today. The same high standard as usual with the packaging :)

The Amouage memoir bottle and box are pure luxury & the fragrance is top notch as well

Thsnks Pat :)

The Amouage bottles started my 'thang' of offering half full original ~100ml bottles on splits as they were just too nice to destroy by cutting off the sprayer. Memoir is top notch, been wearing it a bit recently.

The Amouage bottles started my 'thang' of offering half full original ~100ml bottles on splits as they were just too nice to destroy by cutting off the sprayer. memoir is top notch, been wearing it a bit recently.

Yeah, it's lovely, just like the Interlude. I use that for special occasions and 1 or max 2 sprays will be plenty, Memoir is similar as are all Amouage frags I guess (less is more).

It a bit heavy on the top notes but once it settles down after 30 mins or so you can smell the real depth in it.

The Mancera "Aoud Vanille" is fantastic too. I'm slowly building my collection to 10 bottles now. I need another shelf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Packages arrived yesterday as usual fort knox would be easier to get into :P

Creed Spice and Wood - Wow this is amazing. Regret not getting more!!
    To me there is a light spice and a damp wood smell off it.... it instantly reminded me of being in my granny's kitchen. Pepper/cloves left out and a damp wood/moss smell as her house was old and in the middle of a forest. - GIT also has this effect on me.

TF FF - I had smelt it a few times before. I get a Huge hit of vanilla of this. To be honest I just wanted this for the collection. Like all things Vanilla its nice but nothing exciting by no means Fabulous.

LV Au Hasard - I had such high hopes for this as someone had said they couldn't scrub it off for days ( 1 million and Only the brave have this effect on me). Its a lovely smell. Classy leather But completely linear. The first spray is what you get and thats fine. This is not "art" fragrance that changes drasticly over time.
    (if you want one try Cartier Lenvol Parfum Awful for 30 min then amazing)
    I would Imagine LV wanted a solid smells expensive fragrance for their first run.
    Im not sure if its a performance/Spay/NoseBlind issue But I Sprayed it at 6:30am and gone by 11am. Could just be nose blind though so will experiment etc

All in all delighted with everything as usual Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Another meticulously wrapped package arrived yesterday.

Spice & Wood - really nice, and not too overpowering.

Mancera Aoud Vanille - The second Mancera blind buy and it's 2 for 2, not getting much vanilla from it (which is not a bad thing), can see this being a go to fragrance.

Espirit du Tigre - Not as potent as the jar of Tiger Balm I have and actually smells nice, I can see it getting used for sure....will give it a good run when I get a cold :P

Colonia Leather - Oh wow, pure classy luxury in a bottle! In my opinion nicer than TF Tuscan Leather (which is a favourite of mine), and a bit more usable I reckon.

All in all another fantastic selection again Pat, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Latest delivery from Pat yesterday, impeccably packaged.

TF Oud Wood - have to say I was expecting big things and it didn't let me down. Can see this becoming a go to.

ADP Leather - opens very pungently for me - almost too much to the point I thought I'd made a mistake getting it. But it calms down after about 30 mins or so and loses that sharp note. Evens out and is really good from there on.

Au Hazard - new number 1 for me - love it. Only took a punt on it cause Pat had one left - wish I'd gotten a bigger bottle!

Thanks again Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Hi Pat, can you put me down for a mens Aventus 50ml please

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Another meticulously wrapped package arrived yesterday.

Spice & Wood - really nice, and not too overpowering.

Mancera Aoud Vanille - The second Mancera blind buy and it's 2 for 2, not getting much vanilla from it (which is not a bad thing), can see this being a go to fragrance.

Espirit du Tigre - Not as potent as the jar of Tiger Balm I have and actually smells nice, I can see it getting used for sure....will give it a good run when I get a cold :P

Colonia Leather - Oh wow, pure classy luxury in a bottle! In my opinion nicer than TF Tuscan Leather (which is a favourite of mine), and a bit more usable I reckon.

All in all another fantastic selection again Pat, thanks!

Oh wow looks like I missed out on the Colonia Leather :(

I know you said it never be repeated again Pat but I’ll live in hope that it reappears :)

Great to hear all those reviews people!
    Oh wow looks like I missed out on the Colonia Leather :(

I know you said it never be repeated again Pat but I’ll live in hope that it reappears :)

Not much chance of that being repeated - however, I'm waiting for the new Tom Ford Ombre Leather to appear at my supplier and will be doing that ASAP. And speaking of Tom Ford, I'll be doing a blockbuster deal on one of his best in a little while.

Great to hear all those reviews people!

Not much chance of that being repeated - however, I'm waiting for the new Tom Ford Ombre Leather to appear at my supplier and will be doing that ASAP. And speaking of Tom Ford, I'll be doing a blockbuster deal on one of his best in a little while.

Great I can't wait for that to become available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Just want to say thanks to Pat. Wasn't sure what to expect as a first timer to splits. Received a meticulously wrapped parcel last week.

I now see what the fuss is with Aventus.

Cheers Pat.

656379_1.jpg?io=1&width=490&canvas=5:7

Creed Viking

Viking had a bit of a shaky start, but as the follow up to the monster hit that was Aventus this was always going to be the case. The tide of opinion on this has very much changed in the last six months with plenty of formerly critical commentators online doing a full 180 and now praising it to the hilt. This matches the feedback from previous split participants here - it's getting a lot of praise now. It's a bit more 'mature' than Aventus, but also an easier wear than its older brother IMHO - where Aventus is somewhat brash and loud, Viking is more subtle and definitely more workplace friendly; its projection is also lower so you won't be filling the whole room. Scent wise, this is a warm spicy mix with prominent cinnamon - if I had to pick a season to match, I'd go with Autumn but, TBH, I'd struggle to pick any time of year or place that it would be inappropriate - Viking is marvelously versatile. Unlike Aventus, I have noticed some (minor) batch variation with this and I'm bloody sorry I didn't keep a bottle of the first batch to one side as I reckon it could be worth a mint in a few years!

I have a flacon of this on the way to me with a few splits left to allocate @ €79 / 50ml. RRP on this is the highest of Creed's standard men's line, at €210 per 50ml in the original packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Great feedback, it’s time to get in on the action I think.

I’ll take an Aventus please Pat. If you still have the 100ml retail bottle I’ll have that, otherwise I’ll go for a 50ml split.

Thanks,
    Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

656379_1.jpg?io=1&width=490&canvas=5:7

Creed Viking

Viking had a bit of a shaky start, but as the follow up to the monster hit that was Aventus this was always going to be the case. The tide of opinion on this has very much changed in the last six months with plenty of formerly critical commentators online doing a full 180 and now praising it to the hilt. This matches the feedback from previous split participants here - it's getting a lot of praise now. It's a bit more 'mature' than Aventus, but also an easier wear than its older brother IMHO - where Aventus is somewhat brash and loud, Viking is more subtle and definitely more workplace friendly; its projection is also lower so you won't be filling the whole room. Scent wise, this is a warm spicy mix with prominent cinnamon - if I had to pick a season to match, I'd go with Autumn but, TBH, I'd struggle to pick any time of year or place that it would be inappropriate - Viking is marvelously versatile. Unlike Aventus, I have noticed some (minor) batch variation with this and I'm bloody sorry I didn't keep a bottle of the first batch to one side as I reckon it could be worth a mint in a few years!

I have a flacon of this on the way to me with a few splits left to allocate @ €79 / 50ml. RRP on this is the highest of Creed's standard men's line, at €210 per 50ml in the original packaging.

Forgot I had this!

Decided to throw it on this morning. Tis lovely. Kinda spicy autumnal or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

does anyone else get a cola type smell just after putting viking on? not unpleasant and it goes away :P

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    does anyone else get a cola type smell just after putting viking on? not unpleasant and it goes away :P

First time I've heard that anyway!:pac:

Met Pat today for the latest order

Really looking forward to sampling the fragrances over the next few weeks :)

Great service as usual

Showed my work colleagues my Spice and Wood and they were all really impressed with the bottle

Updated 30/08/18 :

Tom Ford's brand new Ombre Leather is on the way (along with Creed Viking and Green Irish Tweed).....and continuing on the Tom Ford theme, I have something really nice here, waiting for the winter update in October!

I have the following available in hand as of 30/8/2018:
    Montale - Aoud Leather: Last one left @ €19.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: 125ml available.
    80s Powerhouses Triple Pack: 4 x (3 x 10ml each Drakkoir Noir, Bogart One Man Show & Caron Yatagan) left @ reduced price of €34.

Questions on any of these? Just ask!

Creed - Aventus: One x 50ml left.
    Amouage - Myths: Four x 10ml left.
    Amouage - Memoir: Last 10ml left.
    Amouage - Figment: Two x 10ml left.
    M. Micallef - Avant Garde: 90ml left.

On the way - available very soon:
    Creed - Viking
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    Tom Ford - Ombre Leather

**Autumn fragrances**

CREED
    457455.png

Viking – **on the way*
    As the ‘difficult second album’ following Aventus, Viking was always going to get a rough ride – and so it proved. Now approaching a year on release, the dust has settled and the tide has turned – Viking is now getting a LOT of praise, and I have got excellent feedback from buyers. It’s perhaps easy to see why it was initially criticised – it doesn’t have a burst of immediate, distinct, playfulness like Aventus, but it’s proving its worth as a very versatile, gently spiced fragrance that exudes quality. Definitely a tad more mature than Aventus, it’s more suited to a 30+ age group. RRP €210 / 50ml.
    €79 / 50ml. Four slots left.

Aventus for Her (women) – open split
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. RRP €160 / 30ml.
    €90 / 50ml. Five slots left.

AMOUAGE
    457457.png

It’s Amouage overload! All of these are in hand.

MYTHS
    Close to 'classic' Amouage territory here, this is dense and its secrets take some effort to decipher. Many will find the opening challenging, but after the first 30 mins or so, this pushes towards perhaps Interlude with added ash and leather. I think this is one which will reward repeated wearing. Four 10ml bottles left.

MEMOIR
    Again, a lighter Amouage, but far removed from Honour. This is quite a leafy green, but not with the bright, almost exclamatory, freshness of Beach Hut - here the greenness is rather more subdued, a bit darker, even contemplative. A little boozy too - I'm going with absinthe, if only because the fragrance itself actually looks like the 'Green Fairy'. Last 10ml bottle left.

FIGMENT
    Let's get this out of the way: this is not your run of the mill fragrance, and doesn't smell 'good' in any conventional way. However, I think I may actually like it! The most frequent description I see online is 'earthy', and this is spot on - it smells of soil but in a fresh rather than dank way. Little touch of lemon and green too. However, an appreciation for it relies on one very important parameter: DO NOT OVERSPRAY! Cover yourself in this (or even use more than two sprays), or spray on your wrist and keep sniffing and you'll likely hate it. My suggestion: one spray, small of the back - this has you almost smelling your own sillage, and it may be a lot more pleasant than you expect! Two 10ml bottles left.

Prices for all: €26 / 10ml (against an RRP of ~€235 / 50ml).

________________________________________________________________________________________________

M. MICALLEF
    458442.jpg

Avant Garde **in hand**
    Tobacco is the mostly commonly cited reference here, but it's sweetened (but not to the level of, say, TF Tobacco Vanaille) with tonka and cacao. Gets good reviews - I've seen comparisons drawn with Parfums de Marly's Herod, but haven't actually smelled that so can't confirm.
    €18 / €41 / €56 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in (very nice) original 100ml bottle and box. RRP €95 / 30ml. 90ml left.

Other splits

CREED
    457459.jpg

Aventus **in hand**
    The legend is back!
    €77 / 50ml. One bottles left.

Aventus 100ml retail bottles (original, boxed) also available at €189.50. Irish retail price: €285.

GREEN IRISH TWEED **on the way**
    €77 / 50ml. Seven slots left.

ACIER ALUMINIUM **in hand**
    Creed's very first masculine scent, dating back to the 70s. Now discontinued, but I've sourced a bottle. Old school, but not in a dry, barbershop, way; quite soapy but also a bit sweet and fruity - if this was a movie, it'd be Boogie Nights. 'Only' an Eau de Toilette but actually quite powerful - go easy on the trigger.
    €36.50 / 25ml or €58.50 / 50ml. 125ml left.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Hi Pat,

I'll take the "80s Powerhouses Triple Pack" if its still there and a 50ml Creed Aventus please.

Thanks,
    Declan.

Hi Pat,

Received my delivery during the week, thanks.

Just wondering have you ever done Tom Ford Neroli Portofino in a spilt?

I sampled recently at an airport and would love to get my hands on some!

Thanks,
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Hi Pat,

Thanks,
    Darren

I know the GF would also like some of this!

DriveSkill wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

I'll take the "80s Powerhouses Triple Pack" if its still there and a 50ml Creed Aventus please.

Thanks,
    Declan.
    No problem. Little wait on the 80s pack as I'm out of 10ml bottles. Have new ones ordered but might be a few weeks - but the good news is the price will be lower! Will be in touch.

carq wrote: »

Split a decanter of it last year. Was waiting a good while to fill the split so am not sure if there's huge interest in it.......but if we can move 250ml I can do it early October for ~€52 / 25ml or ~€91 / 50ml (RRP €188 / 50ml). Would pick it up while travelling - am also looking at the new Bleu de Chanel Parfum (strongest concentration to date) at that time.

No problem. Little wait on the 80s pack as I'm out of 10ml bottles. Have new ones ordered but might be a few weeks - but the good news is the price will be lower! Will be in touch.

Split a decanter of it last year. Was waiting a good while to fill the split so am not sure if there's huge interest in it.......but if we can move 250ml I can do it early October for ~€52 / 25ml or ~€91 / 50ml (RRP €188 / 50ml). Would pick it up while travelling - am also looking at the new Bleu de Chanel Parfum (strongest concentration to date) at that time.

I will take 50ml if you get the split.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

..and continuing on the Tom Ford theme, I have something really nice here, waiting for the winter update in October!
    ..am also looking at the new Bleu de Chanel Parfum (strongest concentration to date) at that time.

Ah Pat, I really need to stop following this thread, you will have me broke :D
    I could be very interested in the above.

• Advertisement

Hi Pat,

Thanks,
    Darren
    carq wrote: »

I know a lot of TF fragrances are considered unisex but is NP considered more for men or women?

Some of the reviews are all over the place and different places have it in either mens or womens line

Advertisement