Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Ah Pat, I really need to stop following this thread, you will have me broke :D
    I could be very interested in the above.

Luckily so I'll be reducing the prices of all new 10ml splits (not yet bottled) soon! The 10ml bottles I have are lovely but just cost too much - in some cases the bottle cost alone is 25% of the split price. So, I'll be using slightly less attractive - but considerably cheaper - 10ml glass bottles from approx October. In related news, I also hope to offer 10ml plastic bottles around the same time - having the distinct advantage I can (I think) use An Post for delivery rather than courier (only 10ml bottles though, and only plastic ones). They're pretty unattractive to my eye but it'll be an option for those interested anyway.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I know a lot of TF fragrances are considered unisex but is NP considered more for men or women?

I'd consider it straight down the line unisex. AFAIK there are no men - specific fragrances in the TF Private Blend line, along with a few women's, but several (if not the majority) definitely wear masculine - NP could be worn by anyone though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

No problem. Little wait on the 80s pack as I'm out of 10ml bottles. Have new ones ordered but might be a few weeks - but the good news is the price will be lower! Will be in touch.

No problem, let me know when you are sorted with it. Thanks!

Whoops - another few hundred quid dropped! After a long time, finally managed to get a decent price this afternoon on one of the most sought after fragrances in niche perfumery - Baccarat Rouge 540 eau de parfum by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Originally released in a super limited edition at $4000 per 100ml crystal bottle, the hype machine is strong on this one - and I'll be offering it for a great price shortly. Super opulent - have seen it frequently described as smelling like "crushed rubies".

375x500.33519.jpg

I really need to give the bank card a rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Whoops - another few hundred quid dropped! After a long time, finally managed to get a decent price this afternoon on one of the most sought after fragrances in niche perfumery - Baccarat Rouge 540 eau de parfum by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Originally released in a super limited edition at $4000 per 100ml crystal bottle, the hype machine is strong on this one - and I'll be offering it for a great price shortly. Super opulent - have seen it frequently described as smelling like "crushed rubies".

375x500.33519.jpg

DJizrEoW0AAkg0k.jpg

Damn you pat, I'm so tempted to get that and also willing to take a chance on Avant Garde (cause I like the nice bottles now :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Ill take a 50 split of the Bleu and the 540 please.

Already have the Portifino.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

I'm interested Pat - 50ml please.

Love a bit of hype, Giggs

375x500.33519.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Decided to wear Green Irish Tweed this morning training the kids, just 'cause I can!

#CultOfPat

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Put me down for some 540 as well Pat.

Being broke and smelling great is worth it!��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Anyone here actually smell the 540 before? Fragrantica seems to be indicating it to be more of a feminine scent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Testament1 wrote: »
    Anyone here actually smell the 540 before? Fragrantica seems to be indicating it to be more of a feminine scent?

Very sweet...but a top top scent. I can understand the crushed rubies comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭dball

Hi Padraig,
    I'd like to buy this if you still have it in stock:
    80s Powerhouses Triple Pack
    When do you send out orders - is it weekly or after you receive payment?

Thanks

I've seen the feminine comments re Baccarat Rouge 540 but think they're wide of the mark. I think the reviewers are picking up on the sweetness (and it is intensely sweet) and immediately labelling it feminine as that tends to be more usually a female perfume descriptor. Personally I'd regard it unisex. Most of the people I see online wearing it are men, but I think a woman could easily carry it too. I gave it a road test today (I have a sample) and think it's a masterful composition, albeit one which may take a few wears to really appreciate. While super sweet, this is expertly 'cut' with sharper aromas so it doesn't come across as caramel - like as, say, Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens. There's wood there too; indeed, I find some similarity with Creed's Spice & Wood in tone, if not necessarily the scent itself. I know a UK splitter did this one recently and ended up doing several bottles as the feedback from participants was so good.
    dball wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,
    I'd like to buy this if you still have it in stock:
    80s Powerhouses Triple Pack
    When do you send out orders - is it weekly or after you receive payment?

Thanks

Yes, I have it still, but I'm currently awaiting 10ml bottles. These will be a few weeks but the good news is I'll be dropping 10ml split prices a bit once I get them. With shipping, I normally go to the courier once a week on Monday or Tuesday for two reasons; (i) principally, because I prefer to get stuff despatched early in the week in case of any delivery problems to give a few days comfort before the package ends up sitting over the weekend in the courier depot (this makes me nervous!) and (ii) getting to the courier depot means being stuck in traffic for about half an hour which is a pain! However, I'll always facilitate as far as possible where someone needs something in a hurry. I hope to add a postal option for 10ml splits only shortly as well. If you're in Cork you can collect in person too, and save shipping charge.

I'll drop you a PM in a day or two, when I'm back at a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Put me down down for a slot of the Creed - Viking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

This is not "art" fragrance that changes drasticly over time.
    (if you want one try Cartier Lenvol Parfum Awful for 30 min then amazing)

Really? I love the L'Envol sample I have straight from the opening but find after an hour or so that I can't get any hint of it on me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

Hi pat

Will you put me down for Creed - Aventus: One x 50ml left and a Viking

I can collect

Thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hey just a quick q re: collecting, if I make an order could it be held until I'm down in Cork city next? I have college down there for 1 week every 2 months during the college year, it'd be super handy though.

Hey just a quick q re: collecting, if I make an order could it be held until I'm down in Cork city next? I have college down there for 1 week every 2 months during the college year, it'd be super handy though.

Should be fine. Drop me a PM with what you're looking for and we'll get sorted!

Creed Viking all gone for the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

375x500.33519.jpg

You and me both you bugger! :)
    Think I have 17 or 18 bottles on the go... just been catching up on the thread after a month away..and I find I'm like a child in a sweetshop pointing and going "ooh..I want..I want!"

• Advertisement

Aul Tommie is keeping it up with the dodgy names anyway!........

attachment.php?attachmentid=88073&d=1536199421

edit: this isn't out yet, so a split isn't on the cards currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 theshea

Thanks Pat
    Received another excellent order yesterday.
    Appreciate the Viking sample, first time smelling it & I actually prefer it now to GIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Thanks for the Order Pat.

Viking - very nice scent , surprised by the reviews of it on Fragrantica.
    GIT - not as impressed on first smell, will give it a proper run out at the weekend.

ADP leather colonia - Wow, i tried some in the airport after I ordered, after the first sniff I was going to cancel the order. But after 5 minutes i had to keep on smelling my wrist! this is a grower and i think now is one of my favourites. the GF isn't so keen on it but time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Yea the GIT is a strange one, I wore it for a couple of weeks and thought it was just average, dropped it and then picked it up again after some time and really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

If Aventus for her is still available put me down. I am in Cork so can collect!

theshea wrote: »
    Thanks Pat
    Received another excellent order yesterday.
    Appreciate the Viking sample, first time smelling it & I actually prefer it now to GIT.
    Viking is a funny one. The initial reaction online was 'meh' but, as the follow up to Aventus it was always going to get a rough ride. Last six months though, loads of former haters have done a complete 180 and are now singing its praises. It's more 'work' than Aventus in that it doesn't have the big fruity opening blast but, given time, it reveals itself as an excellent compostion. I prefer it to Aventus TBH, and I'm not alone in that. I wouldn't be surprised if it was hitting near Aventus levels of popularity in a few years.
    carq wrote: »
    Thanks for the Order Pat.

Viking - very nice scent , surprised by the reviews of it on Fragrantica.
    GIT - not as impressed on first smell, will give it a proper run out at the weekend.

ADP leather colonia - Wow, i tried some in the airport after I ordered, after the first sniff I was going to cancel the order. But after 5 minutes i had to keep on smelling my wrist! this is a grower and i think now is one of my favourites. the GF isn't so keen on it but time will tell.

GIT is a classic and a very 'easy wear' in that its fresh grass / cotton smell is suitable anywhere and ain't going to piss anyone off. Perhaps a bit more suited for hotter weather than Viking.

With leathers, I find that a common reaction - men generally are great fans than women. I love 'em though, and got in two bottles of the new Tom Ford Ombre Leather the other day and will be splitting it shortly.
    mirm wrote: »
    If Aventus for her is still available put me down. I am in Cork so can collect!
    I don't have any at the moment, and probably not for several weeks (could be November), but I'll put your name down and give you a shout when it looks like it's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Howaya doing man is there any Aventus left? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Twenty321

+1 for Aventus! Will buy a bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Can't praise Padraig enough for the latest purchase of Creed Viking.
    Emailed him at last second to delay delivery, to which he duly obliged.
    Packaging and presentation again top notch.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Hi Pat,

Could you put me down for an Aventus whenever you have them back please?

Advertisement