Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Got more Aventus in revently so all the above orders are fine - PMs incoming. I have a whole bunch of new stuff here ready to go but am holding off for the start of October as (i) I'm waiting for some new bottles, (ii) it's not been long since the last new list so giving people's pockets time to recover!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Got more Aventus in revently so all the above orders are fine - PMs incoming. I have a whole bunch of new stuff here ready to go but am holding off for the start of October as (i) I'm waiting for some new bottles, (ii) it's not been long since the last new list so giving people's pockets time to recover!

... and get ready for ( dare I say it!!) XMAS!!! Going to be a nice stocking filler for the girls in my life !!! ( wife and daughter that is!! )

Updated 20/9/18 :
    I've sourced new 10ml bottles - these aren't quite as nice as the old ones, but they're a lot cheaper so many 10ml split prices below have been reduced
    (Ones that haven't been reduced are already bottled).

I have the following available in hand as of 20/9/2018:
    Montale - Aoud Leather: Last one left @ €19 €15.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: 125ml available.
    80s Powerhouses Triple Pack: 4 x (3 x 10ml each Drakkoir Noir, Bogart One Man Show & Caron Yatagan) left @ reduced price of €34 €27.
    Questions on any of these? Just ask!

Creed - Aventus: Three x 50ml left.
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed: Five x 50ml left.
    Amouage - Myths: Four x 10ml left.
    Amouage - Memoir: Last 10ml left.
    Amouage - Figment: Two x 10ml left.
    M. Micallef - Avant Garde: 90ml left.

On the way - available soon:
    Creed - Triple packs with 10ml each Aventus, Viking, Green Irish Tweed
    Creed - Aventus for Her
    Tom Ford - Ombre Leather
    Tom Ford - Vert d'Encens
    Tom Ford - Neroli Portofino
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Baccarat Rouge 540
    Acqua di Parma - Fico di Amalfi
    Chanel - Bleu de Chanel Parfum
    Les Senteurs Gourmandes - Amber Oud & Vanille de la Reunion

(If you're after any of these in a hurry, let me know; I might be able to accommodate)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**Autumn fragrances**

CREED
    457455.png

Aventus for Her (women) – open split
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. RRP €160 / 30ml.
    €90 / 50ml. Three slots left. ETA late Oct / early Nov.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMOUAGE
    457457.png

It’s Amouage overload! All of these are in hand.

MYTHS
    Close to 'classic' Amouage territory here, this is dense and its secrets take some effort to decipher. Many will find the opening challenging, but after the first 30 mins or so, this pushes towards perhaps Interlude with added ash and leather. I think this is one which will reward repeated wearing. Four 10ml bottles left.

MEMOIR
    Again, a lighter Amouage, but far removed from Honour. This is quite a leafy green, but not with the bright, almost exclamatory, freshness of Beach Hut - here the greenness is rather more subdued, a bit darker, even contemplative. A little boozy too - I'm going with absinthe, if only because the fragrance itself actually looks like the 'Green Fairy'. Last 10ml bottle left.

FIGMENT
    Let's get this out of the way: this is not your run of the mill fragrance, and doesn't smell 'good' in any conventional way. However, I think I may actually like it! The most frequent description I see online is 'earthy', and this is spot on - it smells of soil but in a fresh rather than dank way. Little touch of lemon and green too. However, an appreciation for it relies on one very important parameter: DO NOT OVERSPRAY! Cover yourself in this (or even use more than two sprays), or spray on your wrist and keep sniffing and you'll likely hate it. My suggestion: one spray, small of the back - this has you almost smelling your own sillage, and it may be a lot more pleasant than you expect! Two 10ml bottles left.

Prices for Myths & Memoir: €26 / 10ml (against an RRP of ~€235 / 50ml). Figment: reduced to €23 / 10ml.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

M. MICALLEF
    458442.jpg

Avant Garde **in hand**
    Tobacco is the mostly commonly cited reference here, but it's sweetened (but not to the level of, say, TF Tobacco Vanaille) with tonka and cacao. Gets good reviews - I've seen comparisons drawn with Parfums de Marly's Herod, but haven't actually smelled that so can't confirm.
    €18 reduced €15 / €41 / €56 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in (very nice) original 100ml bottle and box. RRP €95 / 30ml. 90ml left.

Other splits

CREED
    457459.jpg

Aventus **in hand**
    The legend is back!
    €77 / 50ml. Three bottles left.

Aventus 100ml retail bottles (original, boxed) also available at €189.50. Irish retail price: €285.

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED **in hand**
    €77 / 50ml. Five slots left.

.......................................................................................................................................

ACIER ALUMINIUM **in hand**
    Creed's very first masculine scent, dating back to the 70s. Now discontinued, but I've sourced a bottle. Old school, but not in a dry, barbershop, way; quite soapy but also a bit sweet and fruity - if this was a movie, it'd be Boogie Nights. 'Only' an Eau de Toilette but actually quite powerful - go easy on the trigger.
    €36.50 / 25ml or €58.50 / 50ml. 125ml left.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hey Pat,

I'm down for 50ml of Neroli Portofino and will take some Baccarat Rouge 540 as well.

No panic, whenever you have it bottled.

Thanks,
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Baccarat Rouge 540 eau de parfum by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

375x500.33519.jpg

What will you be charging for this badboy, Pat?

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    What will you be charging for this badboy, Pat?

€36.50 / €58.50 / €103.50 for 15 / 25 / 50ml (note first one is 15ml, rather than usual 10ml - have a once off small batch of nice 15ml bottles). Certainly not cheap, but them's actually pretty good split prices for it. If someone REALLY likes it, I can do 100ml in the original 200ml bottle!

Kinda taking things easy currently as busy with the day job but still taking orders for the usual stuff. I'll be emailing previous participants the full list of new stuff start of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Hi Pat,

I'll take a 15ml of 540, plus a split of Bleu de Chanel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

What size and price for the blue de Chanel ?

What size and price for the blue de Chanel ?

€17 / €47 / €67 for 10 / 30 / 50ml; 50ml comes in original 100ml bottle (i.e. half full) and box. RRP €91 / 50ml. Note this is the new Parfum version - strongest concentration to date. I've already got most-ish of a 100ml bottle allocated but will do another if the interest is there. Won't be ready until mid October as picking them up abroad (along with TF Neroli Portofino) Oct 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hi Pat,

Can you add 10ml of Blue de Chanel to my order and 15ml of 540.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Hi Pat,

First time caller, long term listerner !! Do you do Creed - Aventus in 10ml?

wawaman wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

First time caller, long term listerner !! Do you do Creed - Aventus in 10ml?

Yes and no! Not to date (50ml only), but I will shortly be offering it as part of a 'triple pack' with 10ml each of Aventus, Viking and Green Irish Tweed, a kind of Creed intro pack. This will also be available in plastic bottles which I can ship via the post for a lot less than the usual courier (NB this service will be for 10ml plastic bottles only).

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Hi Pat

50 ml of the Tom ford Neroli
    15ml of the 540

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I’m really interested in the TF Ombré Leather and Nerolo Portofino. What’s your price on them? I’ll be in a Cork for a week 2nd week of October would love to pick up then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

15ml of the 540 and 50ml of the Bleu with bottle, bitte.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Pat, will you put me down for the Neroli Portofino 50ml. Have been waiting for this to come around! Not in any major rush, just whenever you’re splitting it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just on one of your frags Pat, just wanna put it out there but I recommend the Fico di Amalfi, possibly my favourite summer scent and I'd certainly have it over the Neroli Portofino (imo). Nothing wrong with the NP mind.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Just on one of your frags Pat, just wanna put it out there but I recommend the Fico di Amalfi, possibly my favourite summer scent and I'd certainly have it over the Neroli Portofino (imo). Nothing wrong with the NP mind.

Yeah it's the top rated of the Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo line - probably the wrong time of year to be listing it, but I can't resist a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Yeah it's the top rated of the Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo line - probably the wrong time of year to be listing it, but I can't resist a bargain!

I'd probably be interested in that and the 540 as well Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

€36.50 / €58.50 / €103.50 for 15 / 25 / 50ml (note first one is 15ml, rather than usual 10ml - have a once off small batch of nice 15ml bottles). Certainly not cheap, but them's actually pretty good split prices for it. If someone REALLY likes it, I can do 100ml in the original 200ml bottle!

Put me on the Baccarat Rouge (15ml) list please, Pat. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Hi Pat,

Can you please stick me down for

Green Irish Tweed 50 ml
    Ombre Leather 50 ml
    Neroli Portofino 50 ml

Edit: If there's any of the Baccarat Rouge left, I'll take 15ml also.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Dunno about everyone else but it's a proper Green Irish Tweed day out there today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Dunno about everyone else but it's a proper Green Irish Tweed day out there today!

Went with spice & wood

In the same neighbourhood as GIT if I'm not mistaken

I'm on the Maison Marliega - By the Fireplace - really good stuff....... Autumn / winter really is the best fragrance time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I'm on the Maison Marliega - By the Fireplace - really good stuff....... Autumn / winter really is the best fragrance time of year!

Hadn't heard of that one before - sounds great according to what I've read now! If you ever fancy doing a split I'd be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I like Jazz Club myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I get so many compliments when I wear any of my Maison Margiela scents. I got the triple tester pack in BT's a while back- 10ml of each of By the Fireplace, At the Barbers, and Jazz Club to try them all out for a while.

So good. I've worn Jazz Club for a few blacktie events of late and it works brilliantly. If there's a split of any of them I'd be on it like lightning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I like Jazz Club myself.

https://youtu.be/-jHzdMo-YCc

I like Jazz Club myself.
    I get so many compliments when I wear any of my Maison Margiela scents. I got the triple tester pack in BT's a while back- 10ml of each of By the Fireplace, At the Barbers, and Jazz Club to try them all out for a while.

So good. I've worn Jazz Club for a few blacktie events of late and it works brilliantly. If there's a split of any of them I'd be on it like lightning!

Jazz Club is nice - have a sample here. To my nose, it's very like Vierges et Toreros by Etat Libre d'Orange - I listed a split of this a while back but little interest....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Semtax

Could you put me down for 10ml Creed 3 x split if you have any space left and 50ml Aventus Creed mens if you have any now.

Cheers!

Advertisement