Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Hey Pat

TF
    50 noir extreme
    50 vert
    50 ombré leather (if 50s available else 30 specified)

Some new scents for the Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Pat, did you ever do a split on Tom Ford Oud Wood?
    If so, will you be doing one again?
    What's the verdict on that parfum?
    Thanks.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

furiousox wrote: »
    Thanks.

He did
    He might (if there's interest)
    He didn't like it :D (If memory serves)
    But the rest of us do

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

I'll go on wait list for the creed triple pack if it comes around in the future.

Would be interested in 10ml of the French lover and 10ml bleu de Chanel in the meantime though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

He did.
    He didn't like it :D (If memory serves)
    But the rest of us do

Yup. He thinks it smells like celery!

So it's not that he's crazy cheap. He's crazy AND cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

furiousox wrote: »
    Thanks.

Pretty much what the lads said! Have done a few splits of it, including one only quite recently. I'd imagine I'll do it again, but probably not for a while - possibly in February as I'm flying then and could pick it up. And I don't like it personally (yes, I get celery from it!), but I'm in a minority on that!

G rock wrote: »
    I'll go on wait list for the creed triple pack if it comes around in the future.

Would be interested in 10ml of the French lover and 10ml bleu de Chanel in the meantime though

Put you down as possible for future Creed triple. You're good for the French Lover; Bleu de Chanel - we'll see in a day or two. First bottle sold out; second about half full - if I get another ~20ml allocated I'll order that second bottle (I need to do that next day or two though).

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I will take Acqua di Parma - Fico di Amalfi please.
    Also Vert d'Encens please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i've recently discovered Roger & Gallet and its gorgeous...guaranteed to drive women crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

fryup wrote: »
    i've recently discovered Roger & Gallet and its gorgeous...guaranteed to drive women crazy

It's 35 gbp in m&s for 100ml - not necessary to split

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I will take Acqua di Parma - Fico di Amalfi please.
    Also Vert d'Encens please.

AdP Fico all gone I'm afraid. You're good for the TF Vert though - will PM you.

........................................................................................................................

Others:
    Santal 33 all gone.
    Ombre Leather all gone.
    Laudano Nero all gone.
    Interlude all gone.
    Chergui all gone.
    Malle French Lover - 10ml left.
    TF Vert d'Encens ~ 7 bottles left.

Bleu de Chanel: if anyone wants some, speak up ASAP! Need to know next few hours if I'm ordering another bottle. Chanel Gabrielle: same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Just received Baccarat Rouge 540 and love it! Top quality juice. Subtle, sophisticated, sweet. I almost never blind buy frags but the hype got the best of me on this one and glad I did. Thanks for the wonderful, professional service, Pat.

French Lover all gone.
    20ml left to allocate of Bleu de Chanel (I'll be in touch with those down for it tomorrow night to confirm volumes - won't be at a computer until then).

Oh, and apparently a little new release coming.....Creed seemingly have only gone and made an Aventus flanker! Looks like it might be Aventus Lite - perhaps not a bad thing sometimes.

375x500.51692.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mrm

On a rare enough trip to the big smoke where I had some spare time I called into BT to check out some of their fragrances.

Started with French Lover. An absolutely disgusting lengthy opening (to my taste), like having rubbed a moistened humbug sweet on myself. 30 minutes later commenced a turbulent ongoing love hate relationship with this fragrance (quite an active enjoyable wear with the humbug still hanging in there), ending in me really liking this fragrance deep in the dry down. The quality of this stuff shines, projection and longevity were great (kept getting whiffs throughout the wear from one spray to the back of the hand). It is classy, quality, unique and definitely niche. A little challenging but worth the fight (still unsure when I would have the opportunities to wear this)! Great choice by those who went for this one. This is one of those 'acquired taste' products whose huge payback is in sticking with it.

First wear of Spice and Wood - beautiful beautiful fragrance. Classy and confident - delivers with an assured quality. A very easy wear imho (It was nothing like I expected it to be but impressed me hugely - I was expecting something like Poivre Electrique but it's not, it is is way softer, fruitier, natural and a lot less challenging), this could easily be the one fragrance you own to cover most occasions but be prepared to walk around with your nose stuck into your skin. The apple and bergamot were quite prominent on my skin. Not as sharp as Terre D'Hermes, much creamier.

Jazz Club was a lot sweeter than I was expecting from the title, and probably too sweet for my tastes. But is is quality stuff, it all gels very well and I could see some guys (younger than me) pulling this off very well. This one could have the potential to win me around to sweeter frags. It has me really looking forward to receiving my By the Fireplace from Pat.

Some others: Channel Sycomore- more like S&W than Encore Noire L'Extreme, which it is compared to; a beautiful fragrance, very controlled/ well 'behaved' with great performance. YSL Rive Gauche - gentleman in a bottle, classic fragrance. Memo African Leather - really earthy dirty leather fragrance, challenging but nice (I like leathers). Last comment - Tom Ford is IMHO a very challenging fragrance designer, particularly on the openings, with only some of the dry downs paying off.

You had a good sniff mrm!

French Lover: I initially found the opening challenging myself but like it now. I described it as smelling like absinthe earlier but that's a bit off - to me it smells like Chartreuse, the French herbal spirit. Dry down is outstanding though - to me it's actually 80% similar to Spice and Wood (which is a good thing) - I'm surprised you didn't notice a similarity.

Spice & Wood: still my number 1 - I guess that's all that needs to be said! As you correctly note though, very versatile. Smells expensive IMHO - which of course it is, to the extreme!

Jazz Club: yeah, me likes. Might pick up a bottle given the reaction to By the Fireplace.

Sycomore: only smelt this once, ages ago but recall being a bit underwhelmed. YSL RG: classic barbershop, manly. African Leather: too much flowery stuff for my liking. Tom Fords? - tends to be a bit Go Big or Go Home alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mrm

You had a good sniff mrm!

French Lover: I initially found the opening challenging myself but like it now. I described it as smelling like absinthe earlier but that's a bit off - to me it smells like Chartreuse, the French herbal spirit. Dry down is outstanding though - to me it's actually 80% similar to Spice and Wood (which is a good thing) - I'm surprised you didn't notice a similarity.

Sycomore: only smelt this once, ages ago but recall being a bit underwhelmed. YSL RG: classic barbershop, manly. African Leather: too much flowery stuff for my liking. Tom Fords? - tends to be a bit Go Big or Go Home alright!

Sorry Padraig, but my childhood consisted of humbug sweets rather than posh French spirits:D Actually, unsure whether my nose just took a battering yesterday but I found a lot of similarities between S&W, Sycomore, French Lover and YSL RG, with each having one particular strong note that created their differences. The Sycomore started to settle very well and perform strongly as some of the others faded, but it probably was the one I would not consider acquiring - it was a bit conservative compared to the others.

Interestingly, lazy day today due to the weekend activities, travels and being up in the middle of the night to watch some outside of cage fighting but I skipped todays shower:o I can still get a faint smell of FL, tight to the skin (the rest are well gone).

I like your take on the Tom Fords, you're right - just gotta run with them with some bravado! I might start over spraying a little with mine.

Autumn is a great time for fragrances! I am a tad giddy now awaiting my latest order from you.:)

I'm out of the country for a couple of days folks - please excuse any delayed responses here or by email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

I'm out of the country for a couple of days folks - please excuse any delayed responses here or by email.

Oh good...am heading off on hols so was going to ask you to delay sending my package until next week... problem sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Op do you sell any women's fragrance? I just see one?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

As an aside, I met our Padraig last week. In the flesh as it were. Very sound bloke. Didn't try to punch me in the face once. Got a few samples from the chap. Working my way through them to find what I like.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Op do you sell any women's fragrance? I just see one?
    Just the one at the moment. I've done a few more but, TBH, found them a hard push - most of them didn't go ahead for lack of interest. I'm always open to suggestions though. One that's come to mind recently is Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady - if anyone's interested, let me know (won't be cheap BTW!).

Wibbs wrote: »
    As an aside, I met our Padraig last week. In the flesh as it were. Very sound bloke. Didn't try to punch me in the face once. Got a few samples from the chap. Working my way through them to find what I like.
    Good to meet you Wibbs! And yes, I can confirm that his avatar is a very good likeness! :P:pac:

Been on me travels last couple of days and came home with a bit of a haul, plus a pressie from the postman....

463400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just popping up a note in case any of that santal split frees up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thanks padraig. Prehaps interest could pick up for Xmas presents.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Have to say of the samples you gave me the Laudono Nero really stands out. Bloody hell it's got some density to it, with all sorts of whiffs going on and varying from start to finish. It's nuclear level overpowering at first, but eases down. You can still smell it after a day. A little goes a long way. The others are scents in a base, it's more a full on perfume kinda thing. The Creed stuff smelled kinda "90's" to me. And a bit soapy or something? Fresh though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Another packaged received today Pat :)
    I'm not gonna open the box until next month, as I only realize I got a delivery last month as well :D.
    Her indoors will be wondering how my collection is getting so big, over 12 diff frags now :pac:, but I'm excited to try out MKF, TV Vert, By The Fireplace & the Ombre Leather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Vert d'Encens please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

wearing by the fireplace today...it's class!
    I'm not gonna open the box until next month, as I only realize I got a delivery last month as well :D.
    Her indoors will be wondering how my collection is getting so big, over 12 diff frags now :pac:, but I'm excited to try out MKF, TV Vert, By The Fireplace & the Ombre Leather :)

Wibbs wrote: »
    Have to say of the samples you gave me the Laudono Nero really stands out. Bloody hell it's got some density to it, with all sorts of whiffs going on and varying from start to finish. It's nuclear level overpowering at first, but eases down. You can still smell it after a day. A little goes a long way. The others are scents in a base, it's more a full on perfume kinda thing. The Creed stuff smelled kinda "90's" to me. And a bit soapy or something? Fresh though.
    Yeah, it's powerful stuff. It's an Extrait de Parfum which is even more concentrated than the usual stuff - ingredient list has alcohol at ~70% which may indicate as much as 30% perfume oil which is very high. Not an everyday one though I think. If you like it, I'd be checking out Amouage - a lot of their stuff is in a similar 'zone' while not necessarily smelling the same (if that makes sense), although their Opus VI most certainly has a similarity to the drydown of Laudano Nero. Creed: don't get soap myself, although Green Irish Tweed kinda has a certain fabric softener 'fresh cotton' type vibe to it.

Stand it upright - just in case! White sticker upwards.
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Vert d'Encens please:)
    Sure, will email you. The Vert really is a belter.
    wearing by the fireplace today...it's class!
    It is honestly really, really good. And not even too expensive at retail (not as cheap as me though LOL).

Santal 33: gave this a couple of goes. Must say I've never come across a fragrance that seems to change so much during the day - it's a definite chameleon. Strangely it seems to nearly disappear for a while before coming back strong later. Smells well too - I can see why it's so popular. Seems to wear close to the body too, so good for the office methinks.

BTW Aventus is back in hand for anyone looking for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Stand it upright - just in case! White sticker upwards.

It's in the drawer flat with the packing labels on top as you look at it :)

Advertisement