Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Took the Santal 33 for a spin this morning. Really liking it. Very strong for the first hour or so but has settled down nicely now. Kinda green/sandlewood off it but something else going on too which I can't put my finger on. Suits this nice brisk autumn morning anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭SteM

For anyone looking for them, I can do a further small number (2 or 3) of the Creed triple packs (10ml each of Aventus, Green Irish Tweed and Viking), at the 'old' price of €53. Available in plastic bottles via An Post, or glass via courier.

If there's a triple pack still available I'll take one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'd take a triple pack if you have one Pat, thanks
    Cool, that's the last one.
    SteM wrote: »
    If there's a triple pack still available I'll take one.
    Sorry, gone as above. I'll put your name down in case I do them again, but it'll be a while if it does.
    Took the Santal 33 for a spin this morning. Really liking it. Very strong for the first hour or so but has settled down nicely now. Kinda green/sandlewood off it but something else going on too which I can't put my finger on. Suits this nice brisk autumn morning anyway!
    Yeah, it's lovely - wearing it myself today. Hugely popular with the moneyed set in the US.

New stuff!

Updated 26/10/18 :

Note re 10ml splits and An Post shipping
    You can now choose to get 10ml splits in plastic atomisers. These don't look as nice as glass atomisers, but I can ship them via An Post at a considerably lower cost of €4.30 (up to 7 bottles). Note this shipping is not tracked or insured, and is only available for 10ml splits in plastic atomisers. Larger splits and/or glass still need to go via courier. Please ask for this option as early as you can, as I sometimes bottle splits before they've been allocated for logistical reasons, in glass by default.

As well as the new stuff below, I have the following available in hand as of 26/10/2018:

Tom Ford - Vert d'Encens: Last bottle of this excellent green / incense barnstormer left @ €75 / 50ml - almost certainly the cheapest you'll find this (by far) worldwide. RRP €188.
    Creed - Aventus: more coming very soon.
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed: more coming soon.
    Amouage - Myths: Three x 10ml left @ €26.
    Amouage - Figment: Last 10ml left @ €23.
    M. Micallef - Avant Garde: 60ml left @ €15/41/56 for 10/30/50ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**New fragrances**

TOM FORD
    NM-21BZ_mu.jpg
    Italian Cypress *coming soon*
    Regarded by many as among the very best of Tom Ford's Private Blend line, this green / wood / smoke mix has been discontinued for a few years and is now very hard to find. RRP €188 / 50ml (although I've seen €300+ asked on eBay).
    €69 / 50ml - this is a really good deal! About 5 bottles remain to be allocated - when it's gone, it's gone and won't be coming back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED
    464668.jpg

Aventus for Her (women) – open split
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. RRP €160 / 30ml or €274 / 75ml.
    €93 / 50ml. ETA late Nov.

.......................................................................................................................................

Viking - open split
    As the ‘difficult second album’ following Aventus, Viking was always going to get a rough ride – and so it proved. Now approaching a year on release, the dust has settled and the tide has turned – Viking is now getting a LOT of praise, and I have got excellent feedback from buyers. It’s perhaps easy to see why it was initially criticised – it doesn’t have a burst of immediate, distinct, playfulness like Aventus, but it’s proving its worth as a very versatile, gently spiced fragrance that exudes quality. Definitely a tad more mature than Aventus, it’s more suited to a 30+ age group. RRP €210 / 50ml.
    €89 / 50ml.

FREDERIC MALLE
    464669.jpg

Monsieur *open split*
    A patchouli and incense bomb, this is a very masculine affair. Classic, green and very sophisticated, this is probably best suited for formal and evening use. RRP €45 / 10ml or €165 / 50ml.
    €26 / 75 / 115 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box. 50ml left to allocate - if you want the original bottle, speak up now!
    .......................................................................................................................................

Portrait of a Lady (women) *open split*
    An exceptional high end rose and incense scent, this is a classic, heavy, female perfume. RRP €55 / 10ml or €190 / 50ml.
    €30.50/ 89 for 10 / 30ml. 40ml left to allocate.

ATELIER COLOGNE
    375x500.35381.jpg
    Tobacco Nuit *in hand*
    If you find that Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille is too sickly sweet for you, this may be the solution. The sweet vanilla is dialled back leaving the focus on realistic pipe tobacco and tobacco flower. Warm and rich, but not overly sweet. RRP €95 / 30ml.
    €33.50 / 54 for 25 / 50ml. A really good price given the RRP. 50ml left.

YVES SAINT LAURENT
    615oXLsTogL._SY606_.jpg
    M7 Oud Absolu *on the way*
    Every time I wear this I wonder why I don't do so more often! Very nice, with the focus on soft oud and myrrh. Very classy and 'gentleman-y'. Surprisingly strong given it's an eau de toilette. RRP €78 / 80ml.
    €11.50 / 33.50 for 10 / 30ml. 40ml left to allocate.

AMOUAGE
    375x500.18159.jpg

Opus VII *on the way*
    Amouage do it again with this green / incense / smoke blend. Dark, heavy, rich, smoky and mysterious. Usual Amouage nuclear strength and performance. RRP €260 / 50ml.
    €22 for 10ml. 20ml left to allocate.

MANCERA
    375x500.18044.jpg
    Aoud Cafe *in hand*
    Another belter from Amouage. Oud, coffee (but not too much coffee) and sweet amber. RRP €87 / 60ml
    €14 for 10ml. 20ml left.

MAISON MARGIELA
    375x500.20541.jpg
    Jazz Club *on the way*
    Decadent mix of tobacco, rum and vanilla. RRP €105 / 100ml.
    €13.50 for 10ml. Last one left.

Other splits

CREED
    457459.jpg

Aventus
    €81 / 50ml. More coming very soon - 4 slots left.

GREEN IRISH TWEED *coming soon
    €77 / 50ml. Five slots left.

M. MICALLEF
    458442.jpg

Avant Garde **in hand**
    Tobacco is the mostly commonly cited reference here, but it's sweetened (but not to the level of, say, TF Tobacco Vanaille) with tonka and cacao. Gets good reviews - I've seen comparisons drawn with Parfums de Marly's Herod, but haven't actually smelled that so can't confirm.
    €18 reduced €15 / €41 / €56 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in (very nice) original 100ml bottle and box. RRP €95 / 30ml. 60ml left.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hey Pat,

Any chance of getting some more Baccarat Rouge in?

Raging I only got 15ml!

• Advertisement

Hey Pat,

Any chance of getting some more Baccarat Rouge in?

Raging I only got 15ml!

I'll keep my eye open but I was waiting a LONG time to get the pricing that made the split possible!

OK, I've got one 50ml split of Tom Ford - Oud Wood if someone wants it @ €96 (RRP €188) before shipping. Bottled, ready to rock or add to any order.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Any triple packs available?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Pat,
    I’ll take 10ml of both the Amouage Opus VII and the YSL M7 Oud Absolu.
    Cheers!

Soulsun wrote: »
    Any triple packs available?

Not for the moment anyway I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Jazz Club gone.
    Opus VII gone.
    10ml Aoud Cafe left.
    30ml M7 Oud left.
    20ml left to allocate in each of Monsieur and Portrait of a Lady - these splits now almost certainly happening.
    50ml Tobacco Nuit left.
    ~5 x 50ml Italian Cypress left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

OK, I've got one 50ml split of Tom Ford - Oud Wood if someone wants it @ €96 (RRP €188) before shipping. Bottled, ready to rock or add to any order.

I'll take this, 50ml of the Italian Cypress and the last 10ml of the Aoud Cafe if still available Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

Drat!
    Was interested in the TF Oud Wood but haven't been near a computer all day :(
    If any more becomes available please let me know Pat.
    What's the timeframe on the M7 Oud Absolu?
    Thanks.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Drat!
    Was interested in the TF Oud Wood but haven't been near a computer all day :(
    If any more becomes available please let me know Pat.
    What's the timeframe on the M7 Oud Absolu?
    Thanks.

I know the feeling re waiting to get to a computer! There's a reason so many of my updates are late at night!

M7 Oud: I have one bottle here but such was the interest in it I've ordered two more which are on the way. 30ml left to allocate. Most deliveries of splits of it will be early to mid November - won't get a lot of 'new' stuff done this week between the bank holiday, deliveries scheduled to go out this week, and I'm in Dublin Thurs and Fri.

Just to confirm: the two Frederic Malle splits - Monsieur and Portrait of a Lady - are going ahead. 20ml left to allocate on both. Delivery from mid November.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mrm

Another package received from Pat this week - I thought the postal packaging was even better than the courier packaging....if that's even possible! There is a reason why there are no 'unboxing' videos of Pats deliveries on youtube - there isn't a camera battery pack up to the task:D The new plastic bottles are better than expected, tall and slender, though they try to lie down regularly.

So the fragrances - got the Les Sentuers Gourmandes double pack, By the Fireplace and Laudano Nero.

The LSG pack included the Vanille and the Amber Oud - the vanille is really nice and quite sweet, drys down to something similar to a nice white chocolate aroma. The amber oud is slightly similar to Arabian wood, minus the wood, and probably the arabian - i.e. similar but different enough to having me feel that the amber oud is quite feminine. Good performance from both and they smell of quality above their (Pats) price. My OH likes them and has commandeered both - no resistance here.

By the Fireplace - what a fragrance! Smokey deep dark opening, dries down to a deep sweet aroma - getting wafts throughout the day, good projection and great longevity. It is like two great fragrances over the day; a smokey open log fire opening, a slightly smokey vanilla amber type dry down - love both but prefer the opening, wished it stayed longer (as I do with a lot of my fragrances). Would be my favourite opening if it wasn't for...

...Laudano Nero. WHAAAAT a fragrance! Take By the Fireplace, set it on fire on a wood and tire pile. Cover the charred remains in tar and (not sweet) tobacco; set it on fire again. Douse it in amber, some Lagavulin 10 year old, some honey, something tobaccoee and something musky; maybe set it on fire again. Then turn the lights off! This is deep charred and dark and darker and darkerer. The dry down was different on both occasions I have worn it so far - first was a smokey musky Amouage Epic Man aroma; second time was vetiver driven. The opening on this is a little challenging (wouldn't be surprised if it could cause someone beside you to turn around and ask what is that smell - some liking, some not liking) but intoxicating; deep, thick and dark. Dry down is beautiful, even though it deviates quite a lot from the opening (the vetiver edition was a bright sharp contrast to the deep dark opening) - another two for the price of one fragrances. Quite a complex fragrance.

Pats offerings are getting better and better. My nose hopes he continues. My wallet hopes he stops! More champ kids?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Hi Pat,

Can you put me down for some Creed Aventus next time it’s back please?

mrm wrote: »
    Another package received from Pat this week - I thought the postal packaging was even better than the courier packaging....if that's even possible! There is a reason why there are no 'unboxing' videos of Pats deliveries on youtube - there isn't a camera battery pack up to the task:D The new plastic bottles are better than expected, tall and slender, though they try to lie down regularly.

So the fragrances - got the Les Sentuers Gourmandes double pack, By the Fireplace and Laudano Nero.

The LSG pack included the Vanille and the Amber Oud - the vanille is really nice and quite sweet, drys down to something similar to a nice white chocolate aroma. The amber oud is slightly similar to Arabian wood, minus the wood, and probably the arabian - i.e. similar but different enough to having me feel that the amber oud is quite feminine. Good performance from both and they smell of quality above their (Pats) price. My OH likes them and has commandeered both - no resistance here.

By the Fireplace - what a fragrance! Smokey deep dark opening, dries down to a deep sweet aroma - getting wafts throughout the day, good projection and great longevity. It is like two great fragrances over the day; a smokey open log fire opening, a slightly smokey vanilla amber type dry down - love both but prefer the opening, wished it stayed longer (as I do with a lot of my fragrances). Would be my favourite opening if it wasn't for...

...Laudano Nero. WHAAAAT a fragrance! Take By the Fireplace, set it on fire on a wood and tire pile. Cover the charred remains in tar and (not sweet) tobacco; set it on fire again. Douse it in amber, some Lagavulin 10 year old, some honey, something tobaccoee and something musky; maybe set it on fire again. Then turn the lights off! This is deep charred and dark and darker and darkerer. The dry down was different on both occasions I have worn it so far - first was a smokey musky Amouage Epic Man aroma; second time was vetiver driven. The opening on this is a little challenging (wouldn't be surprised if it could cause someone beside you to turn around and ask what is that smell - some liking, some not liking) but intoxicating; deep, thick and dark. Dry down is beautiful, even though it deviates quite a lot from the opening (the vetiver edition was a bright sharp contrast to the deep dark opening) - another two for the price of one fragrances. Quite a complex fragrance.

Pats offerings are getting better and better. My nose hopes he continues. My wallet hopes he stops! More champ kids?:o

Nice reviews mrm! By the Fireplace is my favourite of that lot - it's one of two I sampled in the last while (alongside Cire Trudon's Mortel) which bowled me over on first sniff. Fans of BTF should perhaps also look at some of the Serge Lutens range for more gourmand delights.

Laudano Nero: yeah, it's got a LOT going on doesn't it? It may not be made by Amouage, but there's definitely some conceptual similarity - BIG smells which can almost be a bit much first time but which reward repeated wearings. In fact, I get a lot of similarity between the drydown of LN, and Amouage's Opus VI (note VI, not the VII I'm currently splitting). I've had one or two people ask re another split of it - my source of it at an exceptional price is all out I'm afraid but if enoufh people are interested I'll get on the hunt...
    Hi Pat,

Can you put me down for some Creed Aventus next time it’s back please?
    Sure can. I'm expecting to order some very soon once I get a few more payments in. Will send you a payment request now - two bottles left to allocate on this one folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Nice reviews mrm! By the Fireplace is my favourite of that lot - it's one of two I sampled in the last while (alongside Cire Trudon's Mortel) which bowled me over on first sniff. Fans of BTF should perhaps also look at some of the Serge Lutens range for more gourmand delights.

Laudano Nero: yeah, it's got a LOT going on doesn't it? It may not be made by Amouage, but there's definitely some conceptual similarity - BIG smells which can almost be a bit much first time but which reward repeated wearings. In fact, I get a lot of similarity between the drydown of LN, and Amouage's Opus VI (note VI, not the VII I'm currently splitting). I've had one or two people ask re another split of it - my source of it at an exceptional price is all out I'm afraid but if enoufh people are interested I'll get on the hunt...

Sure can. I'm expecting to order some very soon once I get a few more payments in. Will send you a payment request now - two bottles left to allocate on this one folks.

Sure go on....stick me down for a bottle of creed. What's the damage?

Soulsun wrote: »
    Sure go on....stick me down for a bottle of creed. What's the damage?

E81 for 50ml, plus courier shipping of E12.50 - although I have a vague feeling you're in Cork from previous communication? Can collect free of charge if so. PM coming your way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Can you put my name on a 50ml Italian Cyprus Pat, feel like I should go for something else as well to fill the box but I'm not sure what!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Hi Pat, I'll take the remaining bottle of Creed Aventus if you still have it left to allocate.

Skuxx wrote: »
    Can you put my name on a 50ml Italian Cyprus Pat, feel like I should go for something else as well to fill the box but I'm not sure what!
    No problem. The M7 Oud would be a reasonably safe option if you're after something else. Both the Monsieur and Tobacco Nuit are excellent, but a bit more 'niche' than the YSL.
    TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Hi Pat, I'll take the remaining bottle of Creed Aventus if you still have it left to allocate.
    No problem. That's the next flacon of Aventus done; will take names for the following one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭SteM

My package arrived this morning thanks. Flashbacks to playing pass the parcel when I was a kid while opening it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Package arrived today, very happy with it. Gonna be hard to hold off on the m7 till the wedding though......

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Collect my package in person today.
    Due to traffic and time constraints it was a very hurried meeting, so sorry about that Pat.
    I wonder what others around thought of it, a cash exchange for bottles of unknown liquids with the deal been done in a car stopped on double yellows :-)

As ever the packaging was second to none and great value for all the fragrances.
    I still have not used up the first batch I got off Pat some time ago but when I saw the latest list of options I knew I wanted to try something new.

Pat thank you very much for providing this service and I’m very sorry about how brisk our meeting was today.

Have a great evening.

Eoinm1

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Package arrived today, very happy with it. Gonna be hard to hold off on the m7 till the wedding though......

Enjoy - you think the M7 will fit the bill for the wedding so? Have 20ml more I think if you're stuck!

eoinm1 wrote: »
    Collect my package in person today.
    Due to traffic and time constraints it was a very hurried meeting, so sorry about that Pat.
    I wonder what others around thought of it, a cash exchange for bottles of unknown liquids with the deal been done in a car stopped on double yellows :-)

As ever the packaging was second to none and great value for all the fragrances.
    I still have not used up the first batch I got off Pat some time ago but when I saw the latest list of options I knew I wanted to try something new.

Pat thank you very much for providing this service and I’m very sorry about how brisk our meeting was today.

Have a great evening.

Eoinm1

Good to meet you, and apologies for the delay due to leaving my phone upstairs. There was actually a junkie calling to me as I left you - I think he may have got the wrong impression! Enjoy the new juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Enjoy - you think the M7 will fit the bill for the wedding so? Have 20ml more I think if you're stuck!

Yeah, it's got a lovely "clean" linger that'll sit well on a shirt for six hours, but smells completely different on my skin. The small sample will do for now (don't want people getting used to the smell before then)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Another belter of a delivery from Pat

Baccarat Rouge 540 - First impression of this was that yes it was nice and as was mentioned earlier that it smelled like crushed rubies seems about right! I wasn't blown away, I could barely smell it without putting my wrist to my nose.
    ......but as the day progressed I could smell it everywhere like it was someone else in the room wearing it.
    In fact I got 2 different smells, my wrist and what was coming from my neck felt like 2 different fragrances, and both were fantastic!
    Also I could still smell it the following day, an extra special occasion fragrance!

Mancera Aoud Cafe - I think I was expecting a coffee shop coffee smell off this but what I could get was like a coffee essence from icing off a coffee cake, and from the first spray its massive. After about an hour it seems to settle into a much less powerful coffee but its still there, a room filler and even 24 hours later its still there on my wrist. 3 for 3 on Mancera now and each one tops the last.

Thanks Pat!

Advertisement