Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Pat, I'm kinda taking a break from the juices..have loads :)
    But I may be interested in this if it goes ahead...tnx

PMed.

As it happens, I turned up a sample of Original Vetiver I didn't realise I had last night. Really nice stuff - opens very green / fresh, with the vetiver not appearing for a couple of hours. Very clean smelling, and ideal office wear. I think fans of Bois du Portugal and Green Irish Tweed would like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

ebayissues wrote: »
    I got Club de nuit couples of weeks ago. Ddidnt really liked it at first but now I love it. A lady there asked me what fragrance am I wearing:cool:

II will give Creed a go

Jaysus, if you like CdN, you'll be drinking the Aventus! :D

Soarer wrote: »
    Jaysus, if you like CdN, you'll be drinking the Aventus! :D

My recollection of CdN (smelt once) is that it was *very* similar to Mancera's Cedrat Boise - moreso than Aventus - in that it opens similar to the Creed, but is 'jammier'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Hey I am interested in 50 ml of aventus for her. Also if you could keep me in mind whenever regular Aventus is back in stock that would be brilliant thanks.

jim o doom wrote: »
    Hey I am interested in 50 ml of aventus for her. Also if you could keep me in mind whenever regular Aventus is back in stock that would be brilliant thanks.

Put you on lists for both. I hope to confirm Aventus availability within 24 hours!

• Advertisement

Original Vetiver split is happening - payment requests gone out. Still a few slots left so grab one if you're interested - I doubt I'll be doing this one again for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Another package received from Pat today, impeccable as usual!

Happy with all juices, can see the Guerlain Habit rouge been a great everyday fragrance to wear.

Any plans Pat, to do a split of Creed Virgin Island Water? Can remember you mentioning it before the crimbo..

Another package received from Pat today, impeccable as usual!

Happy with all juices, can see the Guerlain Habit rouge been a great everyday fragrance to wear.

Any plans Pat, to do a split of Creed Virgin Island Water? Can remember you mentioning it before the crimbo..

I did VIW last summer so TBH I don't currently have any plans to do it this year - will let you know if that changes.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I will take a 50ml Green Irish Tweed please Pat.

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I will take a 50ml Green Irish Tweed please Pat.

Sure, may be a little while though as just ordered the (full) last one. Will give you a shout.

• Advertisement

Updated 07/02/19 :

As well as the new stuff below, I have the following available in hand as of 07/02/19:

Amouage - Myths: Two x 10ml left @ €26.
    Amouage - Lyric: 40ml available @ €22.50 / 63.40 for 10 / 30ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**New fragrances**

CREED
    472204.jpg

Original Vetiver - *on the way*
    Creed's modern take on the classic vetiver fragrance pairs vetiver with citrus and spice for a warm and sophisticated aroma.
    €77 / 50ml. ~3 slots left - bottle ordered.

.......................................................................................................................................

Creed triple pack - *in hand*
    Want to try Creed's biggest three men's scents without going all out on full bottles of each? Well, here you go - 10ml each of Aventus, GIT and Viking. Available in glass atomisers, or in plastic by post as above.
    €61.50 / 3 x 10ml. Two left.

.......................................................................................................................................

Aventus for Her (women) – open split
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. RRP €160 / 30ml or €274 / 75ml.
    €93 / 50ml. ETA late March.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMOUAGE
    375x500.920.jpg

Reflection *on the way*
    Been a while since I did this - one of Amouage's best reviewed fragrances. It's also lighter than their usual supre-dense incense bombs - and much easier to wear. Great wood / pepper combo, ideal for Spring. RRP €230 / 50ml.
    €21.50 / 10ml, €62 / 30ml, or €93.50 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in very nice original 100ml bottle and box.

ACQUA DI PARMA
    375x500.35398.jpg

Cedro di Taormina *on the way*
    This has one of the highest review scores of AdP's Blu Mediterraneo line. Like several of them, it's got a good splash of citrus for that summer feeling but, unlike the others, this is tempered with a fair bit of wood (cedar) making it very suited for Spring use too. RRP €42 / 30ml.
    €30 for 25ml.

MANCERA
    375x500.24778.jpg
    Wind Wood *on the way*
    An underrated beauty - woody and leather while still remaining green and fresh; manly elegance" (Fragrantica). RRP ~€87 / 60ml.
    €12 / 10ml, €33.50 / 30ml, or €50 / 60ml. 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

ATELIER COLOGNE
    472206.jpg
    Oud Saphir *in hand*
    Despite the name, this is in fact a leather / suede dominant fragrance and a great alternative to Tuscan Leather - it's perhaps a bit softer and easier to wear than the Tom Ford heavyweight. It's lighter on the pocket too! RRP €95 / 30ml.
    €38 / 25ml or €62 / 50ml. One 50ml portion available in original 200ml bottle if wanted.

Trefle Pur *in hand*
    Great green / grassy scent, ideally suited for spring and summer. Light and easily worn. Somewhat similar to Dior's highly underrated Dune pour Homme (both are unisex though), a scent which I completely drained a bottle of it was so versatile. RRP €70 / 30ml.
    €30 for 25ml. Last one left.

GUERLAIN
    472205.jpg
    Vetiver Extreme *in hand*
    A beautiful, natural smelling vetiver, with some citrus, smoke and tobacco – another well reviewed release from this classic house. RRP ~€60 / 50ml.
    €11.50 / 10ml or €31 for 30ml.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other stuff

CREED
    472207.jpg

Aventus
    €81 / 50ml - *on the way*. Three bottles left.

GREEN IRISH TWEED *open split*
    €77 / 50ml.
    New split. ETA 2 - 3 months (ish).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Another package delivered superbly Pat.
    The XIX March is fantastic box and frag
    The Habit Rouge is strong initially but after wearing for 20 mins the dry down efffect softens it.

I got a female opinion on both and she liked them :)

Thanks pat

Flacon of Aventus on the way to me! Only one I've got for the moment (and I've only a few slots left), although it seems supply should be better at the end of the month. This one came in at the old price, but I suspect (but can't confirm) the price will rise with the new supply - rumour suggests an approx 33% rise in price (on top of the approx 50% it's gone up for me in the last 12 months or so) but that's TBC; may not happen but if you're after some I'd be looking at it sooner rather than later.... I can possibly get another from the same supplier (not my usual) but I'm always a bit shady about using them as it needs to come via Parcel Motel/Wizard which adds an extra - uninsured! - shipping step...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

How much for the current supply of Aventus Pat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

Another package received from Pat today as always everything absolutely prefect from start to finish. Thanks again

How much for the current supply of Aventus Pat?

Same as last little while - €81 / 50ml (RRP €195 in Creed bottle).

I'm out of the country until Saturday night - apologies for any delayed responses to emails or messages here!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

trying my just received Baccarat Rouge 540 today

man its sweet but in a good way, very interesting!

Cyrus wrote: »
    trying my just received Baccarat Rouge 540 today

man its sweet but in a good way, very interesting!

Yeah it's definitely a little different - took me a little while but now I'm a convert. What I like is that while it's sweet, it's not sickly sweet (like, say, Tobacco Vanille); it's much fresher and sharper or something. From my own experience, and that of others online, it seems to perform similar to Aventus when it comes to anosmia - i.e. the wearer can't smell it, but those around them can. Seems to be some serious sillage too - girl at work said she could smell it up the stairs the day after I wore it (luckily, she's a fan)!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

I bought Baccarat Rouge off Pat a few months ago and man is it a potent juice. I still smell it on shirts a week or more after use and I don't even spray it on the shirts. The dry down is the best part imo. May be full bottle worthy. My little decant is still going strong.

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    I bought Baccarat Rouge off Pat a few months ago and man is it a potent juice. I still smell it on shirts a week or more after use and I don't even spray it on the shirts. The dry down is the best part imo. May be full bottle worthy. My little decant is still going strong.

And it's the Eau de Parfum I've done. There's also an - even stronger - Extrait formulation! I've considered doing it but it would be $$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

it's not sickly sweet (like, say, Tobacco Vanille))

Woah, woah, woah let's not get carried away here! TV is one of my favourites I've gotten off you, fantastic for winter wear!

Testament1 wrote: »
    Woah, woah, woah let's not get carried away here! TV is one of my favourites I've gotten off you, fantastic for winter wear!

LOL don't worry I ain't dissing oul' Tommy F and TV is no doubt a classic! Just giving a comparison as many people associate "sweet" with 'thick, syrupy', etc whereas the MFK is more year round wear.

You can get the Extrait? Count me in!

Count me in for that as well. Serious stuff indeed.
    Every time of think of it sex panther comes to mind. 60% of the time it works all of the time as the saying goes.

Count me in for that as well. Serious stuff indeed.
    Every time of think of it sex panther comes to mind. 60% of the time it works all of the time as the saying goes.

You'd be talking ~€41 / 10ml (or ~€150 for 40ml in original 70ml bottle) - as I said, pricey! (for contrast, a 70ml bottle is ~€340 on the main UK sites).

You'd be talking ~€41 / 10ml (or ~€150 for 40ml in original 70ml bottle) - as I said, pricey! (for contrast, a 70ml bottle is ~€340 on the main UK sites).

No problem will take the 40ml please.
    When do you expect it in.

No problem will take the 40ml please.
    When do you expect it in.

I'll leave it a little bit yet as I'm away 14th - 21st (which is really messing with my splits mojo!) but I'll look into it afterwards and confirm pricing etc presuming there's enough interest. You'd be looking at mid March approx. Have you down for that anyway.

Oh, and current Aventus flacon is all allocated now.

• Advertisement

I'll leave it a little bit yet as I'm away 14th - 21st (which is really messing with my splits mojo!) but I'll look into it afterwards and confirm pricing etc presuming there's enough interest. You'd be looking at mid March approx. Have you down for that anyway.

Put me down for a 40ml and a 10ml, cheers Pat.

No panic on it!

Advertisement