Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Creed acier aluminium is so lovely! And Tom Fords fragrance is, well, ****ing fabulous

Which Tom Ford we talking about here???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Masala wrote: »
    Which Tom Ford we talking about here???

I'm guessing the Fecking Fabulous .... which i haven't warmed to at all unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'm guessing the Fecking Fabulous .... which i haven't warmed to at all unfortunately

Yep. I was just playing with the word ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Back in da hood and just to confirm that Aventus is now available in hand at the same cost of €81 / 50ml before shipping. Likely won't start shipping them out until week of March 4th though as lots to go out in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Back in da hood and just to confirm that Aventus is now available in hand at the same cost of €81 / 50ml before shipping. Likely won't start shipping them out until week of March 4th though as lots to go out in the meantime.

Any slots left for this one Pat?

• Advertisement

Any slots left for this one Pat?

Yeah, plenty!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Yeah, plenty!

Sent you a pm earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Got my Trefle Pur and Hermes Vetiver. Really like both. Thanks Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dubh laoch

Yes, most of it available.

I'd be interested if any spots left on this.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mtb nut

Creed - Aventus for Her: 10ml (plastic) @ E21.
    Amouage - Myths: 10ml @ €26.

Hi Pat would be possible to get 1 each of these in plastic bottles posted ?

• Advertisement

dubh laoch wrote: »
    I'd be interested if any spots left on this.

Thanks!
    Sure, PMed.
    mtb nut wrote: »
    Creed - Aventus for Her: 10ml (plastic) @ E21.
    Amouage - Myths: 10ml @ €26.

Hi Pat would be possible to get 1 each of these in plastic bottles posted ?

Aventus for Her gone I'm afraid (although 50ml splits will happen soon). Myths already in glass but seeing as no-one seems to want it I'll throw it into plastic for you if you still want to go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mtb nut

Sure, PMed.

Aventus for Her gone I'm afraid (although 50ml splits will happen soon). Myths already in glass but seeing as no-one seems to want it I'll throw it into plastic for you if you still want to go ahead?

Yeah that would be great Pat. Any other womens fragrances you have or do?

mtb nut wrote: »
    Yeah that would be great Pat. Any other womens fragrances you have or do?

I don't have any other women specific stuff ATM (although Aventus for Her in 50ml splits is imminent), but a couple of the new ones listed below may suit - I'm thinking of Vanille Noire (part of a double pack) and Beach Hut.

Creed Aventus (& new Aventus Cologne) news
    I have 4 or 5 slots left on the current Aventus flacon I have here, plus I have another one on the way (grabbed pretty much the last one left in Europe at the moment). All usual suppliers are now out of 500ml flacons - looks like end of March before they'll be back (hard to tell with Creed - could be tomorrow!). Just speculation on my part, but I strongly suspect a big price rise is coming - indeed, the UK retail price has already been raised to the ones of a grand (€). I've seen some other UK / EU splitters taking advantage by sticking up their price even though the usual suppliers prices had not gone up before they ran out of stock - but I won't raise my price until I'm paying more for the juice!

Aventus Cologne (a fresher, lighter take on the King) has been confirmed for Spring release. I don't know pricing but my suspicion is that this will come in around the current Aventus price, with the main line raised as above - this is just conjecture on my behalf, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Aventus for Her - this split is happening soon. Have 4/5 50ml slots left. I probably won't do this again until nearer Christmas.

**New stuff** **New stuff** **New stuff**

As well as the new stuff below, I have the following available in hand as of 27/02/2019:

Creed - Original Vetiver: three 50ml bottles left @ €77 each.
    Creed - Aventus: ~five 50ml bottles left @ €81.
    Creed - Triple pack: one left @ €61.50 (10ml each of Aventus, Green Irish Tweed and Viking).
    Amouage - Myths: Last 10ml left @ €26.
    Amouage - Lyric: 40ml available @ €22.50 / 63.40 for 10 / 30ml.
    Amouage - Reflection: 60ml available @ €21.50/62/93.50 for 10/30/50ml. 50ml with very nice original 100ml bottle and box.
    Atelier Cologne - Oud Saphir: plenty left @ €38/62 for 25/50ml. Jump on this great Tuscan Leather alternative!
    Guerlain - Vetiver Extreme: Last 10ml available at €11.50.
    Mancera - Wind Wood: 90ml left @ €12/33.50/50 for 10/30/60ml. 60ml in original 120ml bottle and box.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**New fragrances**

MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN
    BGC4LTY_mu.jpg
    Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de Parfum *open split*
    I've done a couple of splits of the Eau de Parfum version of this with excellent feedback - it's super sweet, but expertly 'cut' with sharper scents which stop it being a syrupy mess. Unisex - seems to be popular with the ladies both on themselves, and on their men.... This is a rare split of the super strength (and super expensive) Extrait version - a little of this will go a long way!. RRP €295 / 70ml.
    10ml: between €40.50 & 42.50. 30ml: between €117.50 and €123.50.
    Why is it priced like this? The lower prices were applicable when I decided to do the split, but the supplier raised the price (to the higher listed) in the last few days. However, they do mess about with their prices a bit so I'm hoping (but can't guarantee) that they'll drop back down - call it 50/50. In any event, I'm checking the price regularly and will jump on it if it drops (providing enough signups).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AMOUAGE
    375x500.46336.jpg

Beach Hut *in hand*
    Had some great feedback on this when I split it last year. Not a typical Amouage, this is breathtakingly 'green', smelling strongly of ivy and mint. Great for Spring and Summer. Insane performance for a fresh fragrance. Listed as male but I think a woman could carry it easily. RRP €230 / 50ml.
    €21.50 / 10ml, €60.50 / 30ml, or €89.50 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in lovely original 100ml bottle and box.

MONT BLANC
    1366400.jpg?preset=CropWhitespace
    Explorer *coming soon*
    This is the latest big hype. Why? It's the first attempt at an Aventus clone by a big designer fragrance house (who I'm sure would deny it's a clone!) with the access to custom aromachemicals this implies. Initial reviews suggest that the opening is very like Aventus but it dries down a bit different. What do I think? Dunno - I ain't smelt it yet!
    €12 / 10ml, €34.50 / 30ml, or €46.50 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.

THE DIFFERENT COMPANY
    sel-de-vetiver-the-different-company.jpg
    Sel de Vetiver *in hand*
    Salty vetiver, a bit like Sel Marin mixed with Guerlain Vetiver. "Crisp, gentle, salty, green, fresh. Works in every scenario - great versatility" (Fragrantica). RRP €110 / 50ml.
    €15.50 / 10ml, €44.50 / 30ml or €62 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original (refillable) heavy 100ml bottle and box complete with funnel and pouch.

RASASI
    71156_4628eb87e465121db6e0e202680c9cd3_la_yuqawam_ambergris_showers.jpg
    La Yuqawam - Ambergris Showers *in hand*
    The original La Yuqawam is a practically note perfect clone of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather. This flanker is all about the ambergris - that mysterious fragrance ingredient which is, essentially, expensive whale vomit (no, really). This fragrance actually actually smells quite different to the original and Tuscan. It "manages to capture an antiqued dry-salty woody smell" and I find it changes a lot during drydown. It can be very hard to track this fragrance down.
    €18 / 10ml, €51.50 / 30ml, or €60 / 40ml. 40ml portion comes in original 75ml bottle and gorgeous wooden box.

LES SENTEURS GOURMANDES
    474213.png
    Vanille Noire & Incense Oud double pack *coming soon*
    I previously did a double pack of other fragrances from this house which was well received. Time for more! Both of these are well reviewed.
    Incense Oud - looks like a "what it says on the tin" situation!
    Vanille Noire - this house do loads of different vanillas, but this looks a bit different to most - vanilla (of course), but given added 'pop' by pink pepper and cloves.
    €16 for 2 x 10ml.

Recent stuff

CREED
    472204.jpg

Original Vetiver - *in hand*
    Creed's modern take on the classic vetiver fragrance pairs vetiver with citrus and spice for a warm and sophisticated aroma. This has a fantastic fresh green opening, before gradually drying down to vetiver warmth.
    €77 / 50ml. ~3 slots left.

.......................................................................................................................................

Creed triple pack - *in hand*
    Want to try Creed's biggest three men's scents without going all out on full bottles of each? Well, here you go - 10ml each of Aventus, GIT and Viking. Available in glass atomisers, or in plastic by post as above.
    €61.50 / 3 x 10ml. Last one left.

.......................................................................................................................................

Aventus for Her (women) – *coming soon*
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. RRP €160 / 30ml or €274 / 75ml.
    €93 / 50ml.

AMOUAGE
    375x500.920.jpg

Reflection *in hand*
    Been a while since I did this - one of Amouage's best reviewed fragrances. It's also lighter than their usual supre-dense incense bombs - and much easier to wear. Great wood / pepper combo, ideal for Spring. RRP €230 / 50ml.
    €21.50 / 10ml, €62 / 30ml, or €93.50 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in very nice original 100ml bottle and box. 60ml left.

MANCERA
    375x500.24778.jpg
    Wind Wood *on the way*
    An underrated beauty - woody and leather while still remaining green and fresh; manly elegance" (Fragrantica). RRP ~€87 / 60ml.
    €12 / 10ml, €33.50 / 30ml, or €50 / 60ml. 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box. 90ml left.

ATELIER COLOGNE
    375x500.30817.jpg
    Oud Saphir *in hand*
    Despite the name, this is in fact a leather / suede dominant fragrance and a great alternative to Tuscan Leather - it's perhaps a bit softer and easier to wear than the Tom Ford heavyweight. It's lighter on the pocket too! RRP €95 / 30ml.
    €38 / 25ml or €62 / 50ml. One 50ml portion available in original 200ml bottle if wanted.

GUERLAIN
    375x500.1010.jpg
    Vetiver Extreme *in hand*
    A beautiful, natural smelling vetiver, with some citrus, smoke and tobacco – another well reviewed release from this classic house. RRP ~€60 / 50ml.
    €11.50 / 10ml. 20ml left.

Ongoing stuff

CREED
    472207.jpg

Aventus *in hand*
    €81 / 50ml.
    ~5 bottles left.

GREEN IRISH TWEED *open split*
    €77 / 50ml.
    New split. ETA 2 - 3 months (ish).

Yoinks! I forgot to include one of the most important new splits! Here you go......

MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN
    BGC4LTY_mu.jpg
    Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait de Parfum *open split*
    I've done a couple of splits of the Eau de Parfum version of this with excellent feedback - it's super sweet, but expertly 'cut' with sharper scents which stop it being a syrupy mess. Unisex - seems to be popular with the ladies both on themselves, and on their men.... This is a rare split of the super strength (and super expensive) Extrait version - a little of this will go a long way!. RRP €295 / 70ml.
    10ml: between €40.50 & 42.50. 30ml: between €117.50 and €123.50.
    Why is it priced like this? The lower prices were applicable when I decided to do the split, but the supplier raised the price (to the higher listed) in the last few days. However, they do mess about with their prices a bit so I'm hoping (but can't guarantee) that they'll drop back down - call it 50/50. In any event, I'm checking the price regularly and will jump on it if it drops (providing enough signups).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

I'll take a 10ml and 30ml of the 540 extrait.

I can't afford anything else!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Hi Pat

Add 10 ml of beach hut and Mount blanc to my Open order if you can.

This should complete the shipment .

Any chance of any of the replicas coming this year ( Jazz club / barbershop etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

I will take a 10ml Mount blanc just to see what its like.

I also second a request for Barbershop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

50ml of Explorer please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Once again Pat delivers. Love the fragrance and top notch packaging again from Pat.

carq wrote: »
    Hi Pat

Any chance of any of the replicas coming this year ( Jazz club / barbershop etc)

I also second a request for Barbershop!!

Keep your eyes out for Barbershop at some stage so! as it happens I wore the same houses's By the Fireplace today - really really good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Pat, any of the extrait Baccarat rouge left?

Pat, any of the extrait Baccarat rouge left?

No / maybe. Two bottles fully allocated (IIRC - on phone). Still waiting on confirmation of a large slot though so that may possibly come available (although it's unlikely I think)

Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait ordered. Price dropped back down to near the lower end of the expected scale. Payment requests incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Hey Pat, I'll take a 50ml Aventus again please.

darraghw - no response to payment requests, no allocation in future splits.

Col1980 - no response to payment requests, no allocation in future splits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭SteM

Have got ever done a split for Mancera's Red Tobacco? Would love some owner feedback if you have.

SteM wrote: »
    Have got ever done a split for Mancera's Red Tobacco? Would love some owner feedback if you have.

No, but it is very much on my list to split. Seems to be hard to get a deal on it though........in fact, not many places even seem to sell it despite carrying other Mancera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭SteM

No, but it is very much on my list to split. Seems to be hard to get a deal on it though........in fact, not many places even seem to sell it despite carrying other Mancera.

Cheers, will keep an eye on the thread. Looks to be hard to get alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Hi Pat, I've only discovered this thread. Wow! Any chance you might be doing a split of virgin island water this year at all? Thanks a million

• Advertisement

Eyespy wrote: »
    Hi Pat, I've only discovered this thread. Wow! Any chance you might be doing a split of virgin island water this year at all? Thanks a million

Honestly, I don't know yet. It's a great scent but I split it last summer (and it took a while to go) so I'm not sure if there would be enough interest this year. Keep an eye out though - I may yet put it in the summer list early May-ish.

Advertisement