Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just copped The Endless has been added today. That's a great little Sci-Fi movie that everyone needs to watch.
    Yep , I was going to do a post that it had been added on it's own , a gem of a movie and one that I thought about for days after I saw it

Attack the block
    We are your friends
    Vicky Christina Barcelona
    Bait
    Centurion
    Mystic River
    Clown
    Orphan
    Our kind of traitor
    Source code
    Special forces
    Spread
    Carol
    Diary of the dead
    F.R.E.D.I
    The losers
    The tourist
    Shtisel 2 seasons
    Sherlock Holmes ( Robert Downey jr )
    Nostalgia
    sad Hill Unearthed
    An eclectic group of fans of 1966's "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" attempt to restore the cemetery set in Spain where the movie's climax was filmed

And 2 American quiz shows
    Winsanity
    Minute to win it
    Idiotest

Added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is brilliant, Tom Waits segment is the best story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is brilliant, Tom Waits segment is the best story.

Yep. My favorite film of 2018.
    The last one for me was the best. It was just captivating. The five actors were amazing as was the writing. The way it unfolds was fascinating, with each actor just knocking it out of the park, and the cinematography, the way the color changes and each time they cut to a scene outside the Stagecoach, like the driver whipping the hourses, and when they arrive at the hotel. It was just brilliantly done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Clown is an interesting and gory take on the killer clown trope and Attack the Block is great fun as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Fireplace For Your Home.

Lads am I missing something???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

crustybla wrote: »
    Fireplace For Your Home.

Lads am I missing something???

Well one thing you're not missing anymore is a Fireplace for your home.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Sunderland till I die - absolute comedy gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

... Attack the Block is great fun as well.

I still don't know if the worst great film or the best crap film I've seen for ages. I know I loved it, but it's definitely not going to tickle everyone's fancy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

neris wrote: »

I just watched the trailer. Slightly cringey to put it mildly.

I used to be a big football fan, but over recent years realised its not really that important in the great scheme of things! The bit in the trailer when the priest is asking God for help for Sunderland FC, is just sad and you'd think it was from a spoof film.

Can't decide now to give it some of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

NIMAN wrote: »
    I just watched the trailer. Slightly cringey to put it mildly.

I used to be a big football fan, but over recent years realised its not really that important in the great scheme of things! The bit in the trailer when the priest is asking God for help for Sunderland FC, is just sad and you'd think it was from a spoof film.

Can't decide now to give it some of my time.

I'm fairness not even God could help Sunderland

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I'm fairness not even God could help Sunderland

Its a series?
    I thought it was a one-off film.

I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Watched Mystic River again..

Great cast and a brilliant story to match.

sugarman wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooo! I was waiting until Christmas to watch all 3 again :(

When xtravision had its closing down sale, i bought the box set. Its still has its cellophane wrapping intact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

neris wrote: »

Really enjoyed it! What a cluster fvck of a year, at least they got a good Netflix series out of it :pac:

• Advertisement

Just copped The Endless has been added today. That's a great little Sci-Fi movie that everyone needs to watch.

I must have missed something.

Thought it was average at best.

4/10

I must have missed something.

Thought it was average at best.

4/10

How dare you 😊

American circumcision
    Tomb raider (2018)
    Sprinsteen on Broadway

Added today

sugarman wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooo! I was waiting until Christmas to watch all 3 again :(

Rte normally show them at Christmas anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like they're doing the annoying thing where they only show the first 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Inside the worlds toughest prisons, really good series. Season 3 was added this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

2 episodes into the innocent man, very good so far, seems another bizarre case.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

fin12 wrote: »
    Inside the worlds toughest prisons, really good series. Season 3 was added this week.

I like nearly all prison documentaries. Louis Theroux has some good ones, Toughest Prisons is interesting, and Lock Up, and the Russian Siberian Maximum Security one. They all scare the sh1t out of me and make me truly appreciate not being in those places. Those places are absolute hell on earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Enjoy , I finished watching it last night .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Really enjoyed it! What a cluster fvck of a year, at least they got a good Netflix series out of it :pac:

Agreed, thought it was a fascinating watch. A shambles from the start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Two episodes in myself, and loving it so far.

Hey Qween season 1
    Lilli
    Look at huh season 1
    unknown

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

tigger123 wrote: »
    Two episodes in myself, and loving it so far.
    On the middle of episode 3 myself.
    Kinda feels like two shows in tandem, for now.

Interesting that the people who made Roma have released how to set up your TV to watch it

https://twitter.com/romacuaron/status/1074046938356445184?s=21
    https://myromamovie.com/best-viewing-practices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Didn't the team behind Mission Impossible release similar advice recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They did a lot of film makers are starting to do it now.

They know they need to embrace streaming now.

Didn't the team behind Mission Impossible release similar advice recently?

Yes , Tom cruise released a video , Christopher Nolan has also said that modern tvs needs to be set right for movies

Netflix Impact On Movie Theaters Is Negligible, Concludes A Study Commissioned By Movie Theaters

A study by Ernst & Young commissioned by the National Association of Theater Owners has found minimal impact on theaters by Netflix and other digital outlets streaming feature-length films.

If anything, the more a consumer streams movies, the study found, the more likely they are to pay for a ticket in a movie theater and vice versa. Across all races and ages, the average number of streaming hours per week was higher for those who visited a movie theater nine times or more than for those who went to a movie theater only once or twice. Plus, respondents who visited theaters only once or twice in the last year averaged seven hours of streaming a week versus 11 hours for those who logged nine or more trips to theaters.

And among those who didn’t visit a movie theater in the last 12 months, nearly half (49%) didn’t
    stream at all.

NATO, a lobbying organization for exhibitors, is pushing back at the premise articulated by the New York Times today in an article headlined “Netflix’s Movie Blitz Takes Aim at the Heart of Hollywood.” Armed with a content budget several times that of any studio rival, Netflix is making up to 90 original films a year, counting animated and documentary titles. Some have budgets of up to $200 million, plus lavish marketing support, but major theater circuits have bridled at the idea of booking films like Roma or The Ballad of Buster Scruggs in theaters.

The study polled 2,500 respondents, 80% of whom saw at least one movie in theaters in the last 12 months. The primary data collected in the survey was movie theater attendance in the
    last 12 months, streaming consumption in the last 12 months, and the demographic characteristics of respondents.

Teen-agers were the most avid age group, not surprisingly. Moviegoers between 13 and 17 went to seven movies and streamed nine hours of streaming content, highest of any demo.

Despite all of the angst, domestic box office is showing healthy signs, crossing the $11 billion mark in record time earlier this month.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/netflix-impact-movie-theaters-study-commissioned-by-movie-theaters-1202521486/

Anyone watch Springsteen on Broadway?

I tried to get tickets to see it when I was in the States earlier this year but it was sold out when I was there.

It supposed to be an amazing show I kind of want to leave this as my Christmas day present to myself.

I tried to get tickets to see it when I was in the States earlier this year but it was sold out when I was there.

It supposed to be an amazing show I kind of want to leave this as my Christmas day present to myself.

Started to watch it last night....got about 20mins in....is it just him chatting and singing songs? for 2.5hrs? On his own?

Aus dem Nichts
    When her husband and son are killed in a bomb blast, a shattered woman becomes determined to see the Neo-Nazis accused of the attack taken to justice.

BAKI season 1 (anime)
    While martial arts champion Baki Hanma trains hard to surpass his legendary father, five violent death row inmates descend upon Tokyo to take him on

Ellen DeGeneres: Relatable
    In her first special since 2003, Ellen revisits her road to stardom and details the heartfelt -- and hilarious -- lessons she's learned along the way

The Institute
    In 19th-century Baltimore, a despondent woman seeks psychiatric aid only to find herself being slowly absorbed into a strange and insidious asylum.

Terrace House: S5 Opening New Doors
    A group of young people -- including a chef, a snowboarder and an ice hockey player -- gather in the Karuizawa woods while pursuing their dreams.

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Started to watch it last night....got about 20mins in....is it just him chatting and singing songs? for 2.5hrs? On his own?

What were you expecting? The spice girls playing magic tricks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

That's it - it's a one man show.

Fans (myself included) would say he's a great raconteur, and gives amazing insight into the genesis of the songs.

Casual viewers would say "....is it just him chatting and singing songs? for 2.5hrs? On his own?"

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is it just like a normal concert like him singing all his songs or is it something to do with broadway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I still don't know if the worst great film or the best crap film I've seen for ages. I know I loved it, but it's definitely not going to tickle everyone's fancy

I wanted
    all the characters to die within minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Am I the only one watching ‘Chill with Bob Ross?’

Anyone watching the Australian series Tidelands.

I've watched two episodes and not sure what to make of it.

Family business selling drugs is a good story but then all the scifi aspects just doesn't do it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Just finished Bad Blood, definitely right up my street Italian mobsters. Could possibly have been better as a 4 part series than 6. Good cast, acting and decent plot, 8/10 for me.

Closed Circuit movie there with Eric Bana who's always great but not all that exciting 6/10

Just started Pine Gap here and has actually held my attention.

cloudy with a chance of meatballs

mona lisa smile

added today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

peteeeed wrote: »
    cloudy with a chance of meatballs
    The TV series, not the film.

• Advertisement

The TV series, not the film.

correct

Started brooklyn nine nine, halfway through season 3. I find it so much better and enjoyable than the odd few episodes I've seen on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Started brooklyn nine nine, halfway through season 3. I find it so much better and enjoyable than the odd few episodes I've seen on tv

Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool no doubt no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool no doubt no doubt

Toit!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I went back to Brooklyn 99 after giving up on the first season; Andy Samberg got on my wick and the whole Boyle-fancies-Rosa gags got tired, real fast. Definitely a show that picks itself up after a dry run.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement