Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

X-Men days of future past
    Lion
    added today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Fyre was brilliant! Everyone who bought a ticket deserved it!! Crazy altogether!!

The bit that got to me the most was the bit where the guy knifed tents around him so he wouldn’t have any neighbours. D*ck

I have tickets front row Beatles reform gig dinner with Ringo PM for details

I have tickets front row Beatles reform gig dinner with Ringo PM for details

Actual lol JP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

Dutchy wrote: »
    The Kominsky Method - just brilliant.

Yep. Really easy to watch and very funny lines in it. Nice short episodes too. Get a bit fed up sometimes with everything being 57mins etc..
    Alan Arkin was brilliant. Ending was very odd though. Glad it's renewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Alicano wrote: »
    Yep. Really easy to watch and very funny lines in it. Nice short episodes too. Get a bit fed up sometimes with everything being 57mins etc..
    Alan Arkin was brilliant. Ending was very odd though. Glad it's renewed.

Plus all of Hollywood seems to walk in on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Abducted in plain sight about a young girl who was kidnapped twice by a neighbour, a real eye opener on what length a paedophile will go to to get what they want
    The whole thing is completely insane tbh

I agree - I found this really disturbing - the actions of her parents struck me as very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Title: Trouble with the curve

Cast: Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake, John Goodman

Genre: Feel good sports movie

Description: Aging and soon to be blind baseball scout Gus Loebel is being left behind by the new scouting methods of statistics and analytics. His lawyer daughter helps him out scouting a talented but asshole prospect for the baseball draft. Timberlake provided the love interest

I liked this film and it's very much a Disney matinee affair with a feel good ending. Not a Disney film afaik though. The washed-up person in love with baseball has been done a few times before but still this was likeable though probably forgettable.

Thumbs up from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Title: Trouble with the curve

Cast: Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake, John Goodman

Genre: Feel good sports movie

Description: Aging and soon to be blind baseball scout Gus Loebel is being left behind by the new scouting methods of statistics and analytics. His lawyer daughter helps him out scouting a talented but asshole prospect for the baseball draft. Timberlake provided the love interest

I liked this film and it's very much a Disney matinee affair with a feel good ending. Not a Disney film afaik though. The washed-up person in love with baseball has been done a few times before but still this was likeable though probably forgettable.

Thumbs up from me

On Irish Netflix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

On Irish Netflix?

Doesn't look like it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Norwegian film The Wave is a good disaster flick about tsunami hitting a small holiday village on the banks of a large lake.

It's on the US library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

The Invisible Guest

Excellent Spanish drama. A lawyer visits a rich businessman who's up for a seemingly obvious murder.
    Mostly told in flashbacks.
    Very neatly done.

I'm new to Netflix, have only watched The Bird Box and You.Can anyone recommend something that might be similar to Big Little Lies or along that line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Late to this but watched Senna finally, great documentary. Tragic.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Broken is very good. Hope there will be a second season.

Sean Bean is a great actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm new to Netflix, have only watched The Bird Box and You.Can anyone recommend something that might be similar to Big Little Lies or along that line?

You should watch Stranger Things if you haven't. And Dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

You might like 'You'

You might like 'You'

I watched it but thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Started watching season 3 of Poldark and it disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Fyre was brilliant! Everyone who bought a ticket deserved it!! Crazy altogether!!

The bit that got to me the most was the bit where the guy knifed tents around him so he wouldn’t have any neighbours. D*ck

I watched it recently and thought it was a brilliant disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

IO was pretty poor. After 45 minutes I skipped to the end to see what happens.

*shrug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    IO. Had to turn it off after 40 minutes. Very slow, nothing happening in it.
    Mr E wrote: »

*shrug*
    I watched the whole thing, you guys didn't miss anything. Very predictable "sci-fi" film. Firstly, right from the start you just knew her Dad was
    dead
    . Secondly, when Anthony Mackie showed up, you just knew him and the girl were going to
    hook up
    , because liberal writers just love
    putting a little white girl with a big black guy
    . It was so damn obvious what was going to happen.

Load of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

us and them

added today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Secondly, when Anthony Mackie showed up, you just knew him and the girl were going to
    hook up
    , because liberal writers just love
    putting a little white girl with a big black guy
    . It was so damn obvious what was going to happen.

... grrr, those filthy liberal writers. If he'd been white it would have been okay but those liberals had to turn it into an unnatural act.

The film was utter crap but the skin tone of its protagonists was the absolute least of its problems...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

... grrr, those filthy liberal writers. If he'd been white it would have been okay but those liberals had to turn it into an unnatural act.
    I didn't say it was unnatural or wasn't "okay", I said it was predictable. I have liberal views and have sucked black dick, and shared a black dick with a white girl, so I don't think I'm a racist, but sure, jump to conclusions on an internet forum to battle some social injustice you perceive. You wouldn't be the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

No thread is safe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Had to do a double take at what I just read there for a second. We're in the Netflix thread right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I didn't say it was unnatural or wasn't "okay", I said it was predictable. I have liberal views and have sucked black dick, and shared a black dick with a white girl, so I don't think I'm a racist, but sure, jump to conclusions on an internet forum to battle some social injustice you perceive. You wouldn't be the first.
    Anywayyyyyy....back to the recommendations...

What just happened?! :D

Watched Fyre last night and the stand out line was take one for the team... shower of mad bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I have liberal views and have sucked black dick, and shared a black dick with a white girl

Is this on the Irish Netflix?

It's probably the weirdest come back I've ever seen on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That was an unusual new post notification to receive.

I like black cock but I couldn't eat a whole one. I usually have to share it with a white girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

God bless the liberals.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Frank...

the Sex & Sexuality forum is that way ---->

<
    the AH/culture war forum is that way

That goes for everyone. I'm making an allowance for this since there was an AH thread merged yesterday and some people might be confused about what forum they are in. This is the Films forum. We discuss films here. And no, not those kinds of films.

Back on topic everyone please. Or don't and get banned. We're way behind on our ban quota in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Mr E wrote: »

*shrug*

Watched it myself last night and stayed to the end even though it was boring and predictable,i just put it down as another forgettable Netflix made film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Watched episode 1 of You
    I hope it improves a bit.......

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

km79 wrote: »
    Watched episode 1 of You

It does, and it doesn't. I've 1 episode left which I'll hopefully get to this evening.
    I think that there are too many genres mixed together in the show, but with a good underlying story.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭El Duda

The Fyre doc is very good. I laughed A LOT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I enjoyed "you" well the first couple of episodes....but it seems to have gone a bit bonkers...

km79 wrote: »
    Watched episode 1 of You

I watch an awful lot of ****e but just couldn’t finish this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone recommend any 4k stuff? I have a new OLED TV on the way and want to salivate over it.

Anyone recommend any 4k stuff? I have a new OLED TV on the way and want to salivate over it.

Daredevil looks incredible in 4k

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Godless looks great also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    Started watching season 3 of Poldark and it disappeared.

Same here. Clicked on continue watching and got a Popup saying not available for your region :(
    Very disappointed, it was only added a few days ago, but the notification has vanished, too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Hi guys, I was watching Series 4 of Poldark the other night and now it's gone! Anyone else ever had that happen?

Oh sorry, just saw other people have had that experience too! What's the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lads where's Poldark gone it was jus.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

What's IO? I'm lost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

El Duda wrote: »
    The Fyre doc is very good. I laughed A LOT!

I laughed a lot too but I was glad that they showed the human cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

BBFAN wrote: »
    What's IO? I'm lost?

Post apocalyptic yawnfest.
    The Martian crossed with The Road

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What's the story with Netflix and subtitles? I watched The Great Wall the other night. The Manadrian didn't kick in by itself. I had to turn on English subtitles to get all subtitles. Seems bizarre. I watched some of Ozark last night, some lines in Spanish - it was the same carry on. If this were traditional TV the translation would come on by default, where appropriate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement