Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix Recommendations 2.0 *READ FIRST POST*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Just started The Good Place, it's fine so far, just wish Kirsten Bell's character didn't speak exactly the same as Leslie Knope.

It's about as funny as season one P&R but with a bit more heart, so I'm hoping it'll improve (like P&R and Brooklyn Nine Nine have)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Watched " Abducted in plain sight" Last night. 11 out of 10. Crazy, mental story. Found it hard to believe it was all true, the parents were badly gullible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just started The Good Place, it's fine so far, just wish Kirsten Bell's character didn't speak exactly the same as Leslie Knope.

It's about as funny as season one P&R but with a bit more heart, so I'm hoping it'll improve (like P&R and Brooklyn Nine Nine have)
    I love the good place, I thought series 1 was excellent (it improves as it goes), series 2...even better IMO...series 3 its dipped a bit if I am being honest but still good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

gmisk wrote: »
    I love the good place, I thought series 1 was excellent (it improves as it goes), series 2...even better IMO...series 3 its dipped a bit if I am being honest but still good.

I binged watched season 1 last weekend and I loved it but I'm a big fan of Kristen bell and Ted danson so maybe that was it. I know they are adding season three episodes as they air in the US but good to see season 2 gets even better than season 1. I mean no show will ever keep it going over multiple series.

That Ted bundy documentary looks interesting as he was a bit of a contradiction as he was an utterly evil bastard but also according to the judge at his trial was good at defending himself and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

The Assassination of Gianna Versace is coming in february and is excellent, well recommended.

As is Get Out; best film I've seen in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I binged watched season 1 last weekend and I loved it but I'm a big fan of Kristen bell and Ted danson so maybe that was it. I know they are adding season three episodes as they air in the US but good to see season 2 gets even better than season 1. I mean no show will ever keep it going over multiple series.
    its done a great job at re-inventing itself and twisting the story in fairness, but yeah I think another series is about all they can get out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tigger123 wrote: »
    The Assassination of Gianna Versace is coming in february and is excellent, well recommended.

As is Get Out; best film I've seen in a while.

Get Out is brilliant. Everyone needs to see it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It never gets as funny as those shows imo but story and character wise it's very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

glasso wrote: »
    Hulu also had to pay money to yer man Billy for the interview. Netflix were in talks with him but when he asked for money they pulled out - rightfully so imo as he's a scumbag.

Absolutely however watching him not answer questions and seeing him stumbling over trying to answer shows him for what he is needs to be seen for me instead of the few clips you see in the Netflix one.

Even being paid he couldn't come up with convincing lies to blame others and every answer he gave they showed it to be a lie.

For him taking the money form the team that made Hulu's helps Billy show himself to be that conman.

Also one thing I took from both Doc's backs up that old saying. A fool and his money are easily parted... Social Media makes fools a lot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

peteeeed wrote: »
    Abducted in Plain Sight
    In this true crime documentary, a family falls prey to the manipulative charms of a neighbor, who abducts their adolescent daughter. Twice.
    ***SPOILERS***

This documentary was unbelievably crazy. Horrible story, but the funniest thing I've watched in a long time was when the paedophile was sitting in the car with the Dad, and has an erection, and was like "I hate my wife, I haven't had sex in a long time, I need relief...", and you think the Dad is going to say he punched him or something, but no, he's like "Yeah, so...I did, I gave him relief." The way he said it, was so uncomfortably hilarious.

Also, when the Mom is like "I went to his trailer to find out why he married my 12 year old daughter in Mexico"...and then started having sex with him!

Amazing, crazy people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

lm7hIUC.jpg

I think THAT was why I was so perturbed by his recounting that anecdote. He’s like, what, 50? So a bit off retirement yet. And event planning is a tough industry to be in. Why would he tell that story? It could totally affect his future job prospects!
    peteeeed wrote: »
    interesting side note

a go fund me page set up for the local lady who lost a lot of money has raised 150,000 so far

That’s cool.

Wonder if anything was set up for the Bahamian construction workers? And, come to think of it, the NYC office staff who weren’t paid OR laid off. :rolleyes:

I’d love to hear that they all were compensated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I watched Fyre after reading it here...honestly it kinda bored me. Interesting in some aspects but it probably didn't help that there was no one likeable and the one seemingly normal guy was off to nosh some lad for a favour.

The docu might have suffered a bit from being hyped up by so many people. That raises expectations. My husband and I were lucky that we didn’t really know what to expect from it. That’s why we enjoyed it so much. I couldn’t have found it less boring, mainly because I could not believe what a delusional, arrogant fücko Billy was.

On a serious note, even though in one way it was kind of delicious to see all these influencers and wannabe influencers basically pay through the nose to experience what life is like as a refugee, I did worry a bit for their safety. The sea must be respected and the campsite, with its proximity to the sea, didn’t seem all that safe. Moreso because people were drinking a lot, it seemed, just to get fun going, I suppose. But drunkeness, pitch darkness, an unfinished construction site and the sea - I’m amazed nobody was hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The documentary didn't cover a whole lot of the guests 'experience', but if you followed it on Twitter at the time it was madness, roving packs of wild dogs became a big fear of people at the time. Now whether such packs of wild dogs existed or not is another story, real Lord of the Flies stuff. That guy in the documentary trashing other tents was a right dick though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Also one thing I took from both Doc's backs up that old saying. A fool and his money are easily parted... Social Media makes fools a lot of people.

True but it's lads like him who will eventually end up millionaires, willing to take a chance and gamble with half cooked ideas, eventually they strike gold.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Glad to see Suburra, season 2 is on Peteed's list. Really looking forward to that one.

Haven't seen Get Out, must try it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

crustybla wrote: »

Haven't seen Get Out, must try it.

Well worth a look,highly recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Uncharted wrote: »
    Well worth a look,highly recommend

Is that a movie or tv series?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Film. Horror ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's a movie.. it's fantastic!

Jordan Peele (the writer / director.. who some might know from the series 'Key & Peele') has a new movie coming out shortly too which looks incredible:

Wow! That trailer for US looks fcuking epic.
    Can't wait for that. Thank you for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wow! That trailer for US looks fcuking epic.
    Can't wait for that. Thank you for the heads up.

Looks excellent
    I stoooed watching halfway through the trailer as it is way too long and will give away too much !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Dealt is worth a look. It’s about ‘card mechanic’ Richard Turner. Interesting individual.

Man, 'Michael Inside' was very average!

Solid performance from the lead but just meanders along predictably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

BBFAN wrote: »
    Anyway, anyone got any suggestions to any Poldark like alternatives since it's gone?
    Apparently it's back 6th Feb.
    Have you seen the mini series North and South?

The Ted bundy documentary is four episodes of which I've just watched the first one. It's very well done and lots of archive footage in ep 1 which sets the scene of how it was reported at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    Apparently it's back 6th Feb.
    Have you seen the mini series North and South?

Yep, enjoyed it.

Just finished watching 'abducted in plain sight'.

That has to be the most bizarre 90minutes of a documentary I have ever seen.

I sat in a confused horror as it unfolded,i still don't know how this ridiculous situation arose ?!?

Crazy,crazy stuff. The mind boggles.

What the actual fcuk were the "responsible adults" involved thinking ????

Definitely worth a watch,but be prepared to be amazed,confused and angry in equal measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Just finished watching 'abducted in plain sight'.

That has to be the most bizarre 90minutes of a documentary I have ever seen.

I sat in a confused horror as it unfolded,i still don't know how this ridiculous situation arose ?!?

Crazy,crazy stuff. The mind boggles.

What the actual fcuk were the "responsible adults" involved thinking ????

Definitely worth a watch,but be prepared to be amazed,confused and angry in equal measure.
    I think it’s because both parents were involved sexually with the paedophile
    he was using this as blackmail.

Okay episode two of Ted bundy finished. Jesus he was one evil bastard. The way he talks on the tape recordings it's just very matter of fact and he tries to defend what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anyone see Clean Break? It's a four part series set in Co. Wexford. :p

I'm one episode in and not sure what to think of it yet..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

John wick 1.5 sorry i mean ' Polar'
    An assassin on the verge of retirement must put the good life on hold when his greedy boss sends a squad of young, ruthless killers to take him out.

220px-Polar_%282019%29_poster.jpeg

Biggie & Tupac

Animas
    A teen's eerie visions become increasingly frequent and terrifying after her longtime friend gets a girlfriend and his abusive dad is strangely killed

Club de Cuervos season 4
    A brother and sister battle high expectations and each other after inheriting a soccer team. A series from the creators of "Nosotros los Nobles

The Cured
    The zombie apocalypse is thwarted by a cure for the virus. But now that the antidote is found, who will fix a broken society?

Kingdom Season 1
    While strange rumors about their ill king grip a kingdom, the crown prince becomes their only hope against a mysterious plague overtaking the land

Medici Season 2

added today

^ Didn't you forget something?

giphy.gif

Final 6 episodes of Kimmy Schmidt out today too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Didn't you forget something?

giphy.gif

Final 6 episodes of Kimmy Schmidt out today too..

haha apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Had never seen it before, so watched Gattaca last night. Cracking film, would definitely recommend it if you never got around to it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The Cured is a decent watch, nothing spectacular but definitely worth watching if you're stuck for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

el diablo wrote: »
    Anyone see Clean Break? It's a four part series set in Co. Wexford. :p

I'm one episode in and not sure what to think of it yet..

it was on RTE a few years ago- wasn't great at all

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Bad Company from 1972 is a great watch, kind of a come of age flick set in the West staring Jeff the Dude Lebowski, Barry Brown (who in the real world lead a very interesting life and died far too young) and the big Lebowski himself David Huddleston. Kind of a Terrance Malik feel to the whole movie expect on a smaller budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

fin12 wrote: »
    I think it’s because both parents were involved sexually with the paedophile
    he was using this as blackmail.
    I kind of knew the mother part was coming but then when the father started saying that story I was like WTF, I never expected that

Parents to blame alot for what happened, suppose it was a different time but still, how could they be that naive

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I kind of knew the mother part was coming but then when the father started saying that story I was like WTF, I never expected that

Parents to blame alot for what happened, suppose it was a different time but still, how could they be that naive

Even those things considered,the notion of putting your kid in a situation like that is beyond fcuked up .

I think those parents should have faced charges.
    Even for neglect. Utterly useless parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

tigger123 wrote: »
    Had never seen it before, so watched Gattaca last night. Cracking film, would definitely recommend it if you never got around to it before.

I have it My List for months now, I'll give it a watch over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Even those things considered,the notion of putting your kid in a situation like that is beyond fcuked up .

Watching it and listening to the clean cut parents ,and then it's fcking bammmm..

No way they give off that vibe on first impressions.

Watching it and listening to the clean cut parents ,and then it's fcking bammmm..

No way they give off that vibe on first impressions.

Crazy stuff! Just jaw dropping.

Apple pie American mom n pop.

Yeah right!!!! :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Basq wrote: »
    It's a movie.. it's fantastic!

Jordan Peele (the writer / director.. who some might know from the series 'Key & Peele') has a new movie coming out shortly too which looks incredible:]
    Holy crap that looks good. Pity I'm too much of a fraidy cat to watch horror. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The mother was utterly beaming anytime she talked about "B" too. Bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Dades wrote: »
    Holy crap that looks good. Pity I'm too much of a fraidy cat to watch horror. :o

It's really not scary but it is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Dades wrote: »

Sorry, what movie was he talking about? Can’t find the original post.....

Sorry, what movie was he talking about? Can’t find the original post.....

Originally Get Out (on Netflix), but that comment was for the trailer for the directors new film Us.

I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

dulux99 wrote: »
    The mother was utterly beaming anytime she talked about "B" too. Bizarre.

I just couldn't believe the situation they got themselves into and how anyone could possibly be that gullible, then I realised they were Mormons and it all made sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Rossi IRL wrote: »

I know I couldn’t believe it either.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement